|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At a performance of this play when it was first written, what expectations would the audience have had?
(a) How this greedy, old character would behave and how the other characters would react to him.
(b) How this dumb servant hads humor to the play.
(c) They would expect him to be evil.
(d) They would expect him to be young and handsome.
2. How is Rosine alone at last and free to do as she pleases?
(a) She has locked her door.
(b) The servants are all either unwell or busy.
(c) Bartholo is running errands.
(d) The Count and Figaro have saved her.
3. What happens when Figaro makes an attempt at writing for the theatre?
(a) Even though audiences enjoyed his writing, the critics condemned him.
(b) He greated several great works, but could not find someone to publish them.
(c) The audiences did not enjoy his work.
(d) He ended up with writer's block and could not write a single line.
4. On what does the Count romantically comment?
(a) Rosine's dark eyes.
(b) Rosine's attractiveness.
(c) Rosine's sweet voice.
(d) Rosine's beautiful dress.
5. What job does Figaro have, as we wanders through Spain?
(a) He works as a clerk and a writer.
(b) He writes music and poetry.
(c) He makes violins.
(d) He acts as barber for anyone who needs him.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom is Rosine's paper?
2. What place does Figaro describe to the Count?
3. What does Figaro say is the man's only defect?
4. Where does this scene take place?
5. Why does the Count recognize Figaro?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)