|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bartholo assumes the song is a "new sort of silliness," and talks grumpily about what?
(a) How he despises musicians and wishes she did not take lessons.
(b) How she is a horrible singer, and he does not want to hear it.
(c) How there is so much nonsense around- especially the "new fangled Drama."
(d) How he envies her talents and hopes she will teach him to sing.
2. What does Figaro reassure the Count?
(a) Bartholo will let the Count marry Rosine.
(b) Bartholo does not love Rosine.
(c) Everything is going to be all right.
(d) Rosine does not know who he is.
3. What happens when Figaro makes an attempt at writing for the theatre?
(a) He ended up with writer's block and could not write a single line.
(b) The audiences did not enjoy his work.
(c) He greated several great works, but could not find someone to publish them.
(d) Even though audiences enjoyed his writing, the critics condemned him.
4. What does the Count tell Figaro to call him?
5. How does the Count meet Rosine?
(a) By chance on a street in Madrid.
(b) At his home.
(c) At a party help in Madrid.
(d) By chance at the store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Count Almaviva disguised as a priest in a cloak and turned down hat?
2. What has the Count recently found out about Rosine?
3. Why does Figaro tell the Count to pose as a drunken member of a military detachment in town and introduce himself to Bartholo?
4. What does Rosine do with the song?
5. How does Rosine get Bartholo to leave?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)