|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Figaro makes an attempt at writing for the theatre?
(a) He greated several great works, but could not find someone to publish them.
(b) Even though audiences enjoyed his writing, the critics condemned him.
(c) He ended up with writer's block and could not write a single line.
(d) The audiences did not enjoy his work.
2. What does Rosine do with the song?
(a) She throws it in the fire.
(b) She gives it to Bartholo.
(c) She tears it up.
(d) She drops it out the window.
3. What story has Bartholo spread around to keep potential lovers away?
(a) That he and Rosine are married.
(b) That she is a widow.
(c) That she is mentally unstable.
(d) That she is very young.
4. What is Figaro's job situation?
(a) He is a poet and an editor for a publishing company.
(b) He works as a violin maker and travels Spain selling his wares.
(c) He was apprenticed to a horse doctor, but when his superior found out that he was also writing poetry, love letters and contributing to the local newspaper, he was fired.
(d) He is a travelling minstrel, playing music for anyone who will listen.
5. What encourages Figaro to put their plan into action?
(a) The Count writes a song for Figaro.
(b) The Count had once helped Figaro when he needed it.
(c) The Count praises Figaro's abilities as a barber, musician, and writer.
(d) The Count hints that Figaro will rewarded, if he helps the Count marry Rosine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does she tell Figaro to tell "Lindor?"
2. What has the Count recently found out about Rosine?
3. Why does Figaro lend the Count his guitar, telling him to sing anything that comes into his mind?
4. What does Rosine do in her free time?
5. How is a commedia and today's example similar?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)