|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Rosine prefer the man to do?
(a) She would prefer that he go back to Madrid.
(b) She would prefer that the man would excitedly tell her how he feels.
(c) She would prefer it that he leave the property.
(d) She would prefer it if he would be calm when he tells her he loves her.
2. What does Figaro suggest is impossible?
(a) To be both in love and calm.
(b) To be both nervous and excited.
(c) To be both angry and agitated.
(d) To be both happy and sad.
3. What does Figaro say is the man's only defect?
(a) He is in love.
(b) He has a limp.
(c) He is crippled.
(d) He is too kind.
4. Bartholo assumes the song is a "new sort of silliness," and talks grumpily about what?
(a) How there is so much nonsense around- especially the "new fangled Drama."
(b) How he envies her talents and hopes she will teach him to sing.
(c) How she is a horrible singer, and he does not want to hear it.
(d) How he despises musicians and wishes she did not take lessons.
5. What does Rosine do after awhile of listening to the Count?
(a) She tells him to be quiet.
(b) She sings along with him.
(c) She calls for Bartholo.
(d) She closes her window.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosine say as she stands at her window?
2. What does Rosine say about the man that Figaro was with?
3. On what commedia type is Bazile based?
4. To what does Rosine's letter refer?
5. What encourages Figaro to put their plan into action?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)