|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosine tell Bartholo is on the paper she is holding?
(a) A new song for her to play on the harp.
(b) A new song from her music teacher called "The Futile Precaution."
(c) A new song for her to sing to Bartholo.
(d) A new song for Bartholo to sing.
2. Why does the Count recognize Figaro?
(a) They went to school together.
(b) Figaro was once his tutor.
(c) Figaro lived next door to him.
(d) Figaro was once in the Count's service.
3. Why does Figaro lend the Count his guitar, telling him to sing anything that comes into his mind?
(a) Love will make it sound sweet no matter what.
(b) Whatever he plays and sings will distract Bartholo.
(c) Anything is better than nothing.
(d) The Count has a beautiful voice, so any song will do.
4. What does Rosine do with the song?
(a) She throws it in the fire.
(b) She drops it out the window.
(c) She tears it up.
(d) She gives it to Bartholo.
5. What is Figaro's job situation?
(a) He is a travelling minstrel, playing music for anyone who will listen.
(b) He is a poet and an editor for a publishing company.
(c) He was apprenticed to a horse doctor, but when his superior found out that he was also writing poetry, love letters and contributing to the local newspaper, he was fired.
(d) He works as a violin maker and travels Spain selling his wares.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Count Almaviva feel about his situation?
2. Where is the Count playing the guitar and singing?
3. What does Rosine do when she hears Bartholo coming?
4. What does Figaro offer the Count?
5. What is Figaro about to do, when the Count asks how to find him?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)