|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Figaro suggest is impossible?
(a) To be both nervous and excited.
(b) To be both happy and sad.
(c) To be both angry and agitated.
(d) To be both in love and calm.
2. What does Rosine do with the song?
(a) She tears it up.
(b) She throws it in the fire.
(c) She drops it out the window.
(d) She gives it to Bartholo.
3. On what commedia type is Bazile based?
(a) The lover.
(b) The fighter.
(c) The stupid servant.
(d) The self-absorbed, money-grasping old man.
4. How does Figaro surprise Rosine?
(a) He climbs in her window.
(b) He suddenly comes in.
(c) He calls her name.
(d) He sings to her.
5. To what does Rosine's letter refer?
(a) Bartholo's obsessive behavior.
(b) The Count's devotion.
(c) The Count's obsessive behavior.
(d) Bartholo's devotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Figaro tell the Count to pose as a drunken member of a military detachment in town and introduce himself to Bartholo?
2. What encourages Figaro to put their plan into action?
3. What is Figaro carrying with him, when he arrives?
4. Why is Count Almaviva disguised as a priest in a cloak and turned down hat?
5. Why does the Count recognize Figaro?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)