|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Figaro finishes singing his new composition, what does he realize about the "priest?"
(a) He looks odd.
(b) He looks worried.
(c) He looks familiar.
(d) He looks unhappy.
2. What encourages Figaro to put their plan into action?
(a) The Count hints that Figaro will rewarded, if he helps the Count marry Rosine.
(b) The Count had once helped Figaro when he needed it.
(c) The Count praises Figaro's abilities as a barber, musician, and writer.
(d) The Count writes a song for Figaro.
3. Why is Count Almaviva disguised as a priest in a cloak and turned down hat?
(a) He is afraid he will be recognized by either the woman's over-protective guardian or one of his friends from the royal court.
(b) He is a runaway fugitive and does not want anyone to discover him.
(c) He has always wanted to be a priest.
(d) He used to work for Bartholo and does not want to be recognized.
4. To what can commedia be compared today?
(b) Television sitcoms.
(c) The symphony.
5. For what does the Count long?
(a) To be wealthy and living in a beautiful home in the countryside.
(b) To see his mother and sisters again.
(c) To be loved for who he is, rather than for his position or his money.
(d) To show off his wealth and find a trophy wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does this scene take place?
2. What does Figaro reassure the Count?
3. What does she tell Figaro to tell "Lindor?"
4. Why does Figaro leave Madrid and cheerfully wander through Spain?
5. What does Figaro offer the Count?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)