|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Figaro makes an attempt at writing for the theatre?
(a) The audiences did not enjoy his work.
(b) Even though audiences enjoyed his writing, the critics condemned him.
(c) He greated several great works, but could not find someone to publish them.
(d) He ended up with writer's block and could not write a single line.
2. At a performance of this play when it was first written, what expectations would the audience have had?
(a) How this dumb servant hads humor to the play.
(b) They would expect him to be evil.
(c) They would expect him to be young and handsome.
(d) How this greedy, old character would behave and how the other characters would react to him.
3. Why does Figaro leave Madrid and cheerfully wander through Spain?
(a) When he realized the audiences did not appreciate his work, he decided to write music for himself.
(b) He realized the theatre life was not for him, so he went back to writing poetry.
(c) When he realized that the critics were more interested in their own political in-fighting and were never going to welcome him.
(d) He missed playing the violin, so he found work as a violin maker and salesman.
4. Of what does Figaro remind the Count?
(a) The letter asked him to write her a sonnet.
(b) The letter asked him to hear her sing.
(c) The letter asked him to sing.
(d) The letter asked him to play her a song.
5. For whom is Rosine's paper?
(b) The Count.
(d) Her cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Count instantly resolve to do?
2. What is Figaro carrying with him, when he arrives?
3. What would Rosine prefer the man to do?
4. What story has Bartholo spread around to keep potential lovers away?
5. What does Figaro reassure the Count?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)