|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Figaro's comment regarding women being locked up?
(a) The cleverness of women increases.
(b) The cleverness of women decreases.
(c) The desperation of women increases.
(d) The desperation of women decreases.
2. For what does the Count long?
(a) To show off his wealth and find a trophy wife.
(b) To see his mother and sisters again.
(c) To be loved for who he is, rather than for his position or his money.
(d) To be wealthy and living in a beautiful home in the countryside.
3. How does Count Almaviva feel about his situation?
4. What has the Count recently found out about Rosine?
(a) Her name, that she is an orphan, and married to Bartholo.
(b) Her name, that she is a widow, and is married to Bartholo.
(c) Her name, that she is an orphan, and is unmarried.
(d) Her name, that she is a widow, and is in mourning.
5. Figaro sees her point, and suggests that Rosine do what?
(a) Send "Lindor" a note saying he is sorry for being so rude to Bartholo.
(b) Send "Lindor" a note saying he needs to be calm and rational.
(c) Send "Lindor" a note to be more kind to Bartholo.
(d) Send "Lindor" a note saying he needs to be more thoughtful next time he visits outside her window.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Count tell Figaro to call him?
2. Where does this story take place?
3. On what commedia type is Bazile based?
4. What does Rosine suggest might lead to careless behavior?
5. How does the Count meet Rosine?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)