|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosine do when she hears Bartholo coming?
(a) She is nervous.
(b) She panics.
(c) She becomes excited.
(d) She faints.
2. What kept the audience's interest?
(a) Wondering if the actor would be very good.
(b) Wondering what the character would look like.
(c) Wondering about the details of this young, handsome lover.
(d) Wondering about the details of both the greedy old man's character and the reactions of the others.
3. On what commedia type is Bazile based?
(a) The fighter.
(b) The stupid servant.
(c) The lover.
(d) The self-absorbed, money-grasping old man.
4. What would Rosine prefer the man to do?
(a) She would prefer that the man would excitedly tell her how he feels.
(b) She would prefer it that he leave the property.
(c) She would prefer that he go back to Madrid.
(d) She would prefer it if he would be calm when he tells her he loves her.
5. Why does the Count ask what Figaro is doing in Seville?
(a) Since the Count got Figaro a job in the government.
(b) He thought Figaro had died.
(c) Since the Count found Figaro a job as a writer.
(d) He heard Figaro had moved to Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does this story take place?
2. As Figaro finishes singing his new composition, what does he realize about the "priest?"
3. Figaro sees her point, and suggests that Rosine do what?
4. For whom does Count Almaviva wait?
5. What does Figaro offer the Count?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)