|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Figaro leave Madrid and cheerfully wander through Spain?
(a) When he realized that the critics were more interested in their own political in-fighting and were never going to welcome him.
(b) He realized the theatre life was not for him, so he went back to writing poetry.
(c) When he realized the audiences did not appreciate his work, he decided to write music for himself.
(d) He missed playing the violin, so he found work as a violin maker and salesman.
2. What does Rosine do in her free time?
(a) She plays the harp.
(b) She sings a love song.
(c) She applies more makeup.
(d) She writes a love letter to "Lindor."
3. What does Rosine suggest might lead to careless behavior?
(a) Being unkind.
(b) Being excited.
(c) Being rude.
(d) Being thoughtless.
4. How does Rosine react when Figaro tells her the truth about this man?
(a) She is flattered, excited, embarrassed and frightened all at the same time.
(b) She is saddened and shocked.
(c) She feels sorry for him and wants to help him in any way she can.
(d) She is suprised and nervous.
5. How does Figaro tease Rosine?
(a) By calling her names.
(b) By not revealing the truth right away about in whom the man is interested.
(c) By telling her he has the perfect husband for her but not telling her who it is.
(d) By tickling her.
Short Answer Questions
1. At a performance of this play when it was first written, what expectations would the audience have had?
2. What does the Count tell Figaro to call him?
3. What story has Bartholo spread around to keep potential lovers away?
4. Where is the Count playing the guitar and singing?
5. What does Figaro suggest is impossible?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)