|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bartholo trying to understand about Rosine?
(a) Why she has stopped singing.
(b) Why she no longer talks to him.
(c) Why she has refused to have any more lessons from Bazile.
(d) Why she does not want to marry him.
2. How does Figaro tease Rosine?
(a) By telling her he has the perfect husband for her but not telling her who it is.
(b) By tickling her.
(c) By not revealing the truth right away about in whom the man is interested.
(d) By calling her names.
3. The Count knocks and comes in wearing what?
(a) His "Lindor" costume.
(b) A clown costume.
(c) Another disguise.
(d) His normal clothes.
4. How does Figaro surprise Rosine?
(a) He sings to her.
(b) He calls her name.
(c) He suddenly comes in.
(d) He climbs in her window.
5. Figaro sees her point, and suggests that Rosine do what?
(a) Send "Lindor" a note saying he needs to be more thoughtful next time he visits outside her window.
(b) Send "Lindor" a note saying he is sorry for being so rude to Bartholo.
(c) Send "Lindor" a note to be more kind to Bartholo.
(d) Send "Lindor" a note saying he needs to be calm and rational.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosine say as she stands at her window?
2. Why does Figaro say he feels "Lindor's" passion?
3. What is the Count resolved to do?
4. What is "Alonzo's" second piece of news he passes on from Bazile?
5. To what can commedia be compared today?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)