|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Count tell Bartholo that he is here to teach Rosine singing?
(a) Bazile has moved.
(b) Bazile has quit.
(c) Bazile is not a good teacher.
(d) Bazile is ill.
2. How is Rosine alone at last and free to do as she pleases?
(a) She has locked her door.
(b) Bartholo is running errands.
(c) The servants are all either unwell or busy.
(d) The Count and Figaro have saved her.
3. What does Rosine say about the man that Figaro was with?
(a) She is sure he will soon make a good name for himself.
(b) He should go back to Madrid where he belongs.
(c) He was very handsome.
(d) She is sure he is a wonderful man.
4. How does Bartholo react to "Alonzo's" arrival?
(a) He is excited to meet the new teacher.
(b) He is immediately suspicious
(c) He is surprised.
(d) He is nervous.
5. Where is the Count playing the guitar and singing?
(a) In Rosine's room.
(b) The Count strolls under Rosine's window.
(c) In the park.
(d) Up in a tree by Rosine's window.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what can commedia be compared today?
2. What is Figaro about to do, when the Count asks how to find him?
3. What does Rosine do in her free time?
4. What does Bartholo see the Count putting back in his pocket?
5. What does the Count say about Bartholo's skills as a doctor?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)