|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story has Bartholo spread around to keep potential lovers away?
(a) That he and Rosine are married.
(b) That she is a widow.
(c) That she is mentally unstable.
(d) That she is very young.
2. About what is the Count's song?
(a) His love for Rosine.
(b) His experiences in the military.
(c) Teasing Bartholo about his appearance.
(d) How much he hates Bartholo.
3. How does Rosine get Bartholo to leave?
(a) She pushes him out the door.
(b) She pushes him out the window.
(c) She asks Bartholo to run downstairs to retrieve the song.
(d) She yells, "fire!"
4. What does the Count do when Bartholo demands again to see the letter?
(a) The Count gives him the letter.
(b) The Count tears up the letter.
(c) The Count gives him a second letter.
(d) The Count says he cannot show him the letter.
5. Bartholo assumes the song is a "new sort of silliness," and talks grumpily about what?
(a) How he envies her talents and hopes she will teach him to sing.
(b) How he despises musicians and wishes she did not take lessons.
(c) How there is so much nonsense around- especially the "new fangled Drama."
(d) How she is a horrible singer, and he does not want to hear it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Count instantly resolve to do?
2. How is Rosine alone at last and free to do as she pleases?
3. What would Rosine prefer the man to do?
4. What does the Count reveal in an aside?
5. What encourages Figaro to put their plan into action?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)