|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what commedia type is Bazile based?
(a) The fighter.
(b) The stupid servant.
(c) The lover.
(d) The self-absorbed, money-grasping old man.
2. How is a commedia and today's example similar?
(a) Both have central characters that generally behave the same way no matter the specifics of the story in which they are involved.
(b) Both have music.
(c) Both have tragic endings.
(d) Both have dramatic events.
3. What has the Count recently found out about Rosine?
(a) Her name, that she is an orphan, and married to Bartholo.
(b) Her name, that she is an orphan, and is unmarried.
(c) Her name, that she is a widow, and is married to Bartholo.
(d) Her name, that she is a widow, and is in mourning.
4. How is Rosine alone at last and free to do as she pleases?
(a) Bartholo is running errands.
(b) She has locked her door.
(c) The Count and Figaro have saved her.
(d) The servants are all either unwell or busy.
5. What does Rosine say about the man that Figaro was with?
(a) He was very handsome.
(b) She is sure he is a wonderful man.
(c) She is sure he will soon make a good name for himself.
(d) He should go back to Madrid where he belongs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Figaro surprise Rosine?
2. What does Figaro suggest is impossible?
3. How does Rosine get Bartholo to leave?
4. What does Bartholo see the Count putting back in his pocket?
5. What does the Count vow to do?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)