|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "Alonzo's" second piece of news he passes on from Bazile?
(a) The notary is not available for the wedding.
(b) The arrangements have all been made for the wedding tomorrow.
(c) Bazile is not interested in arranging the wedding.
(d) The wedding has been cancelled.
2. What does the Count do while telling Bartholo to do his duty to the military and put him up for the night?
(a) He looks for Figaro.
(b) He stumbles around.
(c) He shows Rosine the letter.
(d) He sings.
3. About what is the Count's song?
(a) His love for Rosine.
(b) Teasing Bartholo about his appearance.
(c) His experiences in the military.
(d) How much he hates Bartholo.
4. What would Rosine prefer the man to do?
(a) She would prefer that he go back to Madrid.
(b) She would prefer it if he would be calm when he tells her he loves her.
(c) She would prefer that the man would excitedly tell her how he feels.
(d) She would prefer it that he leave the property.
5. What does the Count knock out of Bartholo's hand?
(a) His drink.
(b) His letter of exemption.
(c) His knife.
(d) His gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Alonzo?
2. At a performance of this play when it was first written, what expectations would the audience have had?
3. Where is the Count playing the guitar and singing?
4. What does "Alonzo" say happened to the letter that Rosine had written to the Count?
5. How is the Count disguised?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)