|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Alonzo" say happened to the letter that Rosine had written to the Count?
(a) Bazile had found it and destroyed it.
(b) It had been destroyed.
(c) Bazile got his hands on the letter and given it to "Alonzo" to give to Bartholo.
(d) It had never existed.
2. How does the Count meet Rosine?
(a) At a party help in Madrid.
(b) At his home.
(c) By chance on a street in Madrid.
(d) By chance at the store.
3. What does Figaro reassure the Count?
(a) Everything is going to be all right.
(b) Bartholo will let the Count marry Rosine.
(c) Rosine does not know who he is.
(d) Bartholo does not love Rosine.
4. How does Rosine get Bartholo to leave?
(a) She pushes him out the window.
(b) She pushes him out the door.
(c) She yells, "fire!"
(d) She asks Bartholo to run downstairs to retrieve the song.
5. At a performance of this play when it was first written, what expectations would the audience have had?
(a) They would expect him to be evil.
(b) How this greedy, old character would behave and how the other characters would react to him.
(c) How this dumb servant hads humor to the play.
(d) They would expect him to be young and handsome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Figaro suggest is impossible?
2. Figaro sees her point, and suggests that Rosine do what?
3. Who does "Alonzo" say Bazile discovered was in town?
4. About what is the Count's song?
5. What does the Count instantly resolve to do?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)