|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Figaro tell the Count about Rosine's music teacher?
(a) He is self-absorbed and greedy.
(b) He is in love with Rosine.
(c) He is Bartholo's brother.
(d) He is kind and gentle.
2. Rosine's temper flares, and over Bartholo's protests, what does she promise?
(a) To marry the man who can free her from him.
(b) To run away.
(c) To never marry.
(d) To become a nun.
3. What does the Count jump in and explain to Bazile?
(a) He enjoyed working with Rosine.
(b) He hopes Bazile will take his money.
(c) He also hopes Bazile is feeling better.
(d) He told Bartholo about the arrangement for teaching Rosine.
4. What does the Count do when Bartholo demands again to see the letter?
(a) The Count tears up the letter.
(b) The Count gives him a second letter.
(c) The Count says he cannot show him the letter.
(d) The Count gives him the letter.
5. What does the Count say about Bartholo's skills as a doctor?
(a) How sick his patients become.
(b) How bad he is.
(c) How many patients he has.
(d) He wonderful he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Bazile leaves, what does Figaro prepare to do?
2. Why does Figaro try to change the subject by asking when he is going to be able to do his job and shave Bartholo?
3. On what commedia type is Bazile based?
4. At a performance of this play when it was first written, what expectations would the audience have had?
5. What will Figaro do while the Count gets himself into his disguise as a soldier?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)