|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Figaro lend the Count his guitar, telling him to sing anything that comes into his mind?
(a) Whatever he plays and sings will distract Bartholo.
(b) Anything is better than nothing.
(c) The Count has a beautiful voice, so any song will do.
(d) Love will make it sound sweet no matter what.
2. What does Figaro reassure the Count?
(a) Rosine does not know who he is.
(b) Bartholo does not love Rosine.
(c) Bartholo will let the Count marry Rosine.
(d) Everything is going to be all right.
3. What happens when Bartholo gets past Figaro?
(a) He hears the Count speak of his disguise.
(b) He hears the Count propose.
(c) He hears Rosine tell the Count about his disguise.
(d) He sees the Count kiss Rosine.
4. What does the Count vow to do?
(a) Find Rosine a good husband.
(b) Save Rosine.
(c) Marry Rosine.
(d) Give Rosine her freedom.
5. Why does Figaro try to change the subject by asking when he is going to be able to do his job and shave Bartholo?
(a) He wants to shave Bartholo and go home.
(b) He feels the tension in the air.
(c) He is nervous about having Bartholo in the room.
(d) Bazile is clearly confused about who "Alonzo" is.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is a commedia and today's example similar?
2. On what does the Count romantically comment?
3. What is the Count resolved to do?
4. What does the Count insist that Bartholo show him?
5. What does Figaro tell the Count about Rosine's music teacher?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)