|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Figaro tell the Count about Rosine's music teacher?
(a) He is in love with Rosine.
(b) He is kind and gentle.
(c) He is Bartholo's brother.
(d) He is self-absorbed and greedy.
2. How is a commedia and today's example similar?
(a) Both have tragic endings.
(b) Both have central characters that generally behave the same way no matter the specifics of the story in which they are involved.
(c) Both have dramatic events.
(d) Both have music.
3. Where is the Count playing the guitar and singing?
(a) Up in a tree by Rosine's window.
(b) The Count strolls under Rosine's window.
(c) In Rosine's room.
(d) In the park.
4. On what does the Count romantically comment?
(a) Rosine's dark eyes.
(b) Rosine's sweet voice.
(c) Rosine's attractiveness.
(d) Rosine's beautiful dress.
5. Why does Bartholo send Rosine out?
(a) It is dangerous for a woman to be alone with a drunken man.
(b) He does not want her to fall in love with the soldier.
(c) He no longer enjoys her company.
(d) He is tired of seeing her.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what commedia type is Bazile based?
2. What place does Figaro describe to the Count?
3. What does Bartholo threaten to have done to the Count?
4. What does Figaro reassure the Count?
5. Of what does Figaro remind the Count?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)