|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does the Count romantically comment?
(a) Rosine's dark eyes.
(b) Rosine's attractiveness.
(c) Rosine's beautiful dress.
(d) Rosine's sweet voice.
2. What does the Count finally win through a bag of coins?
(a) His freedom.
(b) The lottery.
(c) Bazile's support.
(d) Rosine's hand in marriage.
3. From what is Bartholo exempt?
(a) Speaking kindly to the military men.
(b) Supporting the military.
(c) Feeding the military.
(d) Joining the military.
4. At a performance of this play when it was first written, what expectations would the audience have had?
(a) How this greedy, old character would behave and how the other characters would react to him.
(b) They would expect him to be young and handsome.
(c) They would expect him to be evil.
(d) How this dumb servant hads humor to the play.
5. To what can commedia be compared today?
(a) The symphony.
(d) Television sitcoms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Figaro try to change the subject by asking when he is going to be able to do his job and shave Bartholo?
2. How can Bartholo not see the Count whisper to Rosine?
3. What encourages Figaro to put their plan into action?
4. Why is the Count unable to hand Rosine the real love letter?
5. Rosine's temper flares, and over Bartholo's protests, what does she promise?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)