|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosine do after awhile of listening to the Count?
(a) She tells him to be quiet.
(b) She sings along with him.
(c) She closes her window.
(d) She calls for Bartholo.
2. Why is the Count unable to hand Rosine the real love letter?
(a) Bartholo comes back too soon.
(b) He never wrote one.
(c) Bartholo has already stolen it.
(d) He has lost it.
3. What does Figaro reassure the Count?
(a) Everything is going to be all right.
(b) Bartholo will let the Count marry Rosine.
(c) Bartholo does not love Rosine.
(d) Rosine does not know who he is.
4. What is the Count resolved to do?
(a) Tell her who he is.
(b) Keep his real identity a secret.
(c) Kill the music teacher.
(d) Sing for Rosine.
5. Rosine's temper flares, and over Bartholo's protests, what does she promise?
(a) To never marry.
(b) To run away.
(c) To become a nun.
(d) To marry the man who can free her from him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bartholo see the Count putting back in his pocket?
2. What does the Count say about Bartholo's skills as a doctor?
3. To what can commedia be compared today?
4. At a performance of this play when it was first written, what expectations would the audience have had?
5. What does Bartholo say that confuses Bazile?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)