|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which spirit do the thieve believe might have possessed Barabbas and killed him?
2. Where do Barabbas and Sahak work after the spring plowing is complete?
3. What do the soldiers do once Sahak is dead?
4. Who enrages Barabbas so much that he ferociously desecrates dead bodies?
5. Whose mother does Barabbas think about as he gazes towards the land of the Moabites?
Short Essay Questions
1. What miracle did Sahak claim to have received from God?
2. What is Eliahu's relationship to Barabbas?
3. What heresy does the blind man accuse the hare-lipped girl of spreading?
4. Describe the hare-lipped girl's burial.
5. What explanation does Barabbas give the governor for the inscription on the back of his medallion?
6. Where might Barabbas might have been between the time that he left the thieves and when he was in the copper mines?
7. What is Barabbas reaction to the true believer's action during the stoning?
8. Why does the true believer cast the first stone at the hare-lipped girl?
9. How does Barabbas suffer for the man who died in his place?
10. How do Sahak and Barabbas end up standing trial in front of the governor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the concept of ritual "uncleanliness." How does ritual uncleanliness differ from simply being dirty and needing a bath? What does the fear of ritual uncleanliness indicate about Barabbas's character? What irony is evident in this?
Essay Topic 2
What might be Barabbas's motivation for returning to the band of thieves? Compare and contrast the roles Barabbas plays within the band of thieves both before and after Jesus' crucifixion. What events and experiences influenced any change he might have experienced and why?
Essay Topic 3
What reasons does the red-bearded man give for Jesus' crucifixion and why? What reasons does Barabbas give for Jesus' crucifixion and why? What events affect Barabbas's reasoning and why?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)