|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Barabbas and Sahak called to the Roman governor's palace?
2. Where do Barabbas and Sahak work after the spring plowing is complete?
3. What does the blind man find offensive about the hare-lipped girl?
4. What does Sahak show the one-eyed slave?
5. What was significant about Eliahu's attack on Barabbas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Barabbas's reaction to the physical appearance of the resurrected man and what conclusion does he come to about the value of the resurrection? How does Barabbas surprise the resurrected man and what does this indicate about Barabbas' character? How does Barabbas's visit with the resurrected man affect his character?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between Barabbas and the fat woman. Compare and contrast their relationship with Barabbas' relationship with the hare-lipped girl. What events and elements affect each relationship? How do the two woman affect Barabbas' character development?
Essay Topic 3
What is the Christian philosophy that the hare-lipped girl describes to Barabbas? How does that philosophy affect her life and the lives of the other Christians? How does it affect Barabbas's life? How does the behavior of the Christians in Jerusalem affect Barabbas's view of their philosophy?
This section contains 1,116 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)