|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Barabbas and Sahak feel about their above ground work?
2. What does Barabbas allow the governor to do to his slave medallion?
3. What happens to Sahak when he refuses to renounce his faith before the governor?
4. What religious philosophy does the overseer have?
5. Why does the one-eyed slave wear a wooden frame around his neck?
Essay Topic 1
What might be Barabbas's motivation for returning to the band of thieves? Compare and contrast the roles Barabbas plays within the band of thieves both before and after Jesus' crucifixion. What events and experiences influenced any change he might have experienced and why?
Essay Topic 2
What type of reception does Barabbas receive from the Christians in Jerusalem? What is the reason for that reception? Why might Barabbas continue to seek out the Christians? What is the result of his persistence?
Essay Topic 3
How does the discussion of the Jewish Messiah at the fat woman's house affect Barabbas and the way he lives his life? How does Jesus differ from the Messiah that Barabbas and the others are expecting? How does their preconceived notions of a Messiah affect their ability to believe that Jesus is the Son of God?
This section contains 1,119 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)