Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Barabbas and Sahak feel about their above ground work?
2. What does Barabbas allow the governor to do to his slave medallion?
3. What happens to Sahak when he refuses to renounce his faith before the governor?
4. What religious philosophy does the overseer have?
5. Why does the one-eyed slave wear a wooden frame around his neck?
Essay Topic 1
Barabbas last words, "to thee I deliver up my soul," are not explained by the author. What might be the implications of these words?
1. Who might Barabbas be speaking to and why?
2. What might these words foreshadow for Barabbas's eternal future and why?
3. Why might Barabbas have spoken this particular phrase and how does it relate to his life story as told in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
What role does betrayal play in the novel? Which characters betray others and why? Which characters are betrayed and why? What role does guilt play in relationship to betrayal in the novel. How do the themes of betrayal and guilt affect Barabbas' character?
Essay Topic 3
How do the characters at the fat woman's house rationalize the miracles Barabbas saw on Golgotha? How does their rationalization affect his character? What other miracles does Barabbas rationalize and what effect did his rationalization have on his character development?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)