|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Barabbas and Sahak feel about their above ground work?
2. What does Barabbas allow the governor to do to his slave medallion?
3. What happens to Sahak when he refuses to renounce his faith before the governor?
4. What religious philosophy does the overseer have?
5. Why does the one-eyed slave wear a wooden frame around his neck?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the symbolism behind the slave medallion and the inscriptions found on both sides of Sahak's and Barabbas's medallions. Compare and contrast how the inscription on the back of each man's medallion affected his character. What did the medallion symbolize for Barabbas after Sahak's death?
Essay Topic 2
How does Sahak's attitude affect his character and other characters in the novel? What events and experiences appear to affect Sahak's attitude? What role does Sahak play in Barabbas's life and how does absence affect Barabbas's character?
Essay Topic 3
What is the Christian philosophy that the hare-lipped girl describes to Barabbas? How does that philosophy affect her life and the lives of the other Christians? How does it affect Barabbas's life? How does the behavior of the Christians in Jerusalem affect Barabbas's view of their philosophy?
This section contains 1,119 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)