|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Barabbas been before he becomes a slave in a Roman governor's house?
2. How does Eliahu die?
3. Whom does Sahak claim he belongs to?
4. What does Barabbas do the night after the stoning?
5. What does Sahak inscribe on the back of Barabbas' slave medallion?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the governor view Barabbas?
2. What does Barabbas think about as he carries the hare-lipped girl's body?
3. What is Eliahu's relationship to Barabbas?
4. Describe the hare-lipped girl's burial.
5. How do Sahak and Barabbas end up standing trial in front of the governor?
6. Describe Barabbas and Sahak's relationship above ground.
7. What does Barabbas do with the hare-lipped girl's body?
8. Where might Barabbas might have been between the time that he left the thieves and when he was in the copper mines?
9. What explanation does Sahak give the governor for the inscription on the back of his medallion?
10. After his initial whipping, what does Barabbas do while Sahak prays?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What forgiveness is the red-bearded man seeking? Is Barabbas seeking any form of forgiveness? If so, from what and why? Discuss how each man's experiences with Jesus and religious groups has affected his view of forgiveness.
Essay Topic 2
What reasons does the red-bearded man give for Jesus' crucifixion and why? What reasons does Barabbas give for Jesus' crucifixion and why? What events affect Barabbas's reasoning and why?
Essay Topic 3
What might be Barabbas's motivation for returning to the band of thieves? Compare and contrast the roles Barabbas plays within the band of thieves both before and after Jesus' crucifixion. What events and experiences influenced any change he might have experienced and why?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)