|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barabbas think about as he carries the hare-lipped girl's body?
2. How did Barabbas meet the hare-lipped girl?
3. What happened to Barabbas's mother after she gave birth to him?
4. What was inscribed on the front of Sahak's slave medallion?
5. Where does Barabbas carry the hare-lipped girl's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what do the thieves attribute Barabbas's odd behavior?
2. What is special about the inscription on the back of Sahak's slave medallion?
3. What does Barabbas do with the hare-lipped girl's body?
4. Why does the true believer cast the first stone at the hare-lipped girl?
5. What is Barabbas reaction to the true believer's action during the stoning?
6. What does Barabbas think about as he carries the hare-lipped girl's body?
7. How do Sahak and Barabbas end up standing trial in front of the governor?
8. What heresy does the blind man accuse the hare-lipped girl of spreading?
9. What miracle did Sahak claim to have received from God?
10. How does Barabbas suffer for the man who died in his place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Other than death, what purpose did crucifixion serve in the first century? How did it affect members of society? What effect did it have on the characters in the novel? What link might be evident among all the crucifixions reported in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the symbolism behind the slave medallion and the inscriptions found on both sides of Sahak's and Barabbas's medallions. Compare and contrast how the inscription on the back of each man's medallion affected his character. What did the medallion symbolize for Barabbas after Sahak's death?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship between Barabbas and the fat woman. Compare and contrast their relationship with Barabbas' relationship with the hare-lipped girl. What events and elements affect each relationship? How do the two woman affect Barabbas' character development?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)