|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sahak show the one-eyed slave?
2. Where has Barabbas been before he becomes a slave in a Roman governor's house?
3. How did Barabbas meet the hare-lipped girl?
4. Why are Barabbas and Sahak called to the Roman governor's palace?
5. What does Sahak inscribe on the back of Barabbas' slave medallion?
Essay Topic 1
What type of reception does Barabbas receive from the Christians in Jerusalem? What is the reason for that reception? Why might Barabbas continue to seek out the Christians? What is the result of his persistence?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of ritual "uncleanliness." How does ritual uncleanliness differ from simply being dirty and needing a bath? What does the fear of ritual uncleanliness indicate about Barabbas's character? What irony is evident in this?
Essay Topic 3
What might be Barabbas's motivation for returning to the band of thieves? Compare and contrast the roles Barabbas plays within the band of thieves both before and after Jesus' crucifixion. What events and experiences influenced any change he might have experienced and why?
This section contains 1,090 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)