|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the blind man find offensive about the hare-lipped girl?
2. What secret about Eliahu does no one know?
3. Who is the "great prophet" that Sahak refers to?
4. Which spirit do the thieve believe might have possessed Barabbas and killed him?
5. What does Barabbas mention to Sahak that sparks a conversation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sahak refuse to the leave the mines without Barabbas?
2. How does Barabbas suffer for the man who died in his place?
3. Where might Barabbas might have been between the time that he left the thieves and when he was in the copper mines?
4. What is Barabbas' reaction to Sahak's crucifixion?
5. What is Eliahu's relationship to Barabbas?
6. How does the governor view Barabbas?
7. Describe the hare-lipped girl's burial.
8. What does Barabbas do after burying the hare-lipped girl?
9. What does Barabbas do with the hare-lipped girl's body?
10. Describe the one-eyed man.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What reasons does the red-bearded man give for Jesus' crucifixion and why? What reasons does Barabbas give for Jesus' crucifixion and why? What events affect Barabbas's reasoning and why?
Essay Topic 2
What is the purpose of the Dung Gate area? Describe the society of people who live near the Dung Gate. What expectations do these people have for their lives? How does Jesus and the Christian philosophy affect the lives of this particular group of people?
Essay Topic 3
What forgiveness is the red-bearded man seeking? Is Barabbas seeking any form of forgiveness? If so, from what and why? Discuss how each man's experiences with Jesus and religious groups has affected his view of forgiveness.
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)