Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Barabbas tell Sahak that he had seen Jesus?
2. What religious philosophy does the overseer have?
3. Why are Barabbas and Sahak called to the Roman governor's palace?
4. What does the blind man accuse the hare-lipped girl of?
5. What explanation does Barabbas give the governor for having "Christos Iesus" inscribed on the back of his medallion?
How do the themes of monotheism (the worship of one God) and polytheism (the worship of multiple gods) affect the characters in the novel? What implications does the introduction of monotheism have for the Romans? What implications would the introduction of polytheism have for the Jews and Christians? Why might Barabbas have chosen to search for faith in both theologies?
How do the characters at the fat woman's house rationalize the miracles Barabbas saw on Golgotha? How does their rationalization affect his character? What other miracles does Barabbas rationalize and what effect did his rationalization have on his character development?
How does the news of the impending persecution of the Christians affect the characters in the low-vaulted room? Describe the forms of persecution the Christians in the novel face. How do they react to their persecutions? What effect do their persecutions and reactions have on Barabbas?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)