Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving the tomb, whom does Barabbas question about Christian doctrine?
2. To what does the fat woman attribute Barabbas's odd behavior after he returns from the village on the mountain?
3. What do the believers begin to call Barabbas after he returns from his visit to the village on the mountain?
4. What does Barabbas notice about the tomb when the sun rises?
5. What does the believer that Barabbas meets in the village on the mountain look like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Barabbas tell the Christian when questioned about his visit to the resurrected man?
2. Why does Barabbas feel he has a stronger bond with Jesus than the Christians?
3. How do the characters react when the hill goes dark?
4. What does Barabbas notice about the people in Jerusalem the day after the crucifixion?
5. How does Barabbas suffer for the man who died in his place?
6. Why does Barabbas leave the red-beaded man?
7. What happens to Sahak after he speaks to the governor?
8. Why is Barabbas pleased that he did not see the resurrection?
9. Describe the residents who live near the Dung Gate.
10. Describe the hare-lipped girl's meeting with Jesus.
How does the news of the impending persecution of the Christians affect the characters in the low-vaulted room? Describe the forms of persecution the Christians in the novel face. How do they react to their persecutions? What effect do their persecutions and reactions have on Barabbas?
How does the promise of the resurrection affect the characters in the story? Compare and contrast Barabbas's and the hare-lipped girl's expectations and experiences surrounding Jesus' resurrection. How might their faith have affected their experiences?
What might be Barabbas's motivation for returning to the band of thieves? Compare and contrast the roles Barabbas plays within the band of thieves both before and after Jesus' crucifixion. What events and experiences influenced any change he might have experienced and why?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)