|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Barabbas feel that he cannot be forgiven for his sins?
2. How did the believers react to the hare-lipped girl after the red-bearded man spoke to them?
3. How well does Barabbas sleep during his first night after arriving in Jerusalem?
4. What does Barabbas share with the believer he meets in the village on the mountain?
5. Why doesn't Barabbas believe that the man on the cross is the Messiah?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe hare-lipped girl's actions and thoughts on the resurrection morning.
2. Describe Barabbas' appearance.
3. What happens during the Christians' meeting in the low-vaulted room?
4. To what does the fat woman attribute Barabbas's odd behavior?
5. How does the fat woman react to Barabbas staying in Jerusalem?
6. Describe the hare-lipped girl's meeting with Jesus.
7. Why does Barabbas leave the red-beaded man?
8. How do the characters react when the hill goes dark?
9. Why doesn't Barabbas believe that Jesus could be the Son of God?
10. Describe the hare-lipped girl.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What type of reception does Barabbas receive from the Christians in Jerusalem? What is the reason for that reception? Why might Barabbas continue to seek out the Christians? What is the result of his persistence?
Essay Topic 2
What reasons does the red-bearded man give for Jesus' crucifixion and why? What reasons does Barabbas give for Jesus' crucifixion and why? What events affect Barabbas's reasoning and why?
Essay Topic 3
How does the promise of the resurrection affect the characters in the story? Compare and contrast Barabbas's and the hare-lipped girl's expectations and experiences surrounding Jesus' resurrection. How might their faith have affected their experiences?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)