|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barabbas notice about the woman he believes is the mother of the man on the cross?
2. What do Barabbas and the red-bearded man discuss?
3. To what do Barabbas's friends attribute the unusual events Barabbas saw while at Golgotha?
4. What event causes the soldiers near the cross to jump to their feet and grab their weapons?
5. What does Barabbas ask the girl he meets in Jerusalem?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Barabbas spend most of his time doing in Jerusalem after the resurrection morning?
2. How does the fat woman react to Barabbas staying in Jerusalem?
3. What do Barabbas and the characters at the fat woman's house discuss?
4. How do the characters react when the hill goes dark?
5. Describe Barabbas' actions and thoughts on the resurrection morning.
6. To what do the characters at the fat woman's house attribute the halo Barabbas describes seeing?
7. Describe what the characters do at the fat woman's house.
8. Describe hare-lipped girl's actions and thoughts on the resurrection morning.
9. To what does the fat woman attribute Barabbas's odd behavior?
10. Describe the residents who live near the Dung Gate.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the characters at the fat woman's house rationalize the miracles Barabbas saw on Golgotha? How does their rationalization affect his character? What other miracles does Barabbas rationalize and what effect did his rationalization have on his character development?
Essay Topic 2
How does the promise of the resurrection affect the characters in the story? Compare and contrast Barabbas's and the hare-lipped girl's expectations and experiences surrounding Jesus' resurrection. How might their faith have affected their experiences?
Essay Topic 3
What is the purpose of the Dung Gate area? Describe the society of people who live near the Dung Gate. What expectations do these people have for their lives? How does Jesus and the Christian philosophy affect the lives of this particular group of people?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)