|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barabbas notice about the tomb when the sun rises?
2. What name does the passing group of men call Barabbas?
3. At the end of the evening, who is left with the Fat Woman?
4. What explanation did the the red-bearded man give for the crucifixion?
5. What answer does Barabbas receive about Christian doctrine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what the characters do at the fat woman's house.
2. What does Barabbas give the hare-lipped girl at the fat woman's house?
3. What do Barabbas and the characters at the fat woman's house discuss?
4. What does the red-bearded man confess to Barabbas?
5. To what does the fat woman attribute Barabbas's odd behavior?
6. Describe the man that Barabbas meets who was resurrected from the dead.
7. Describe Jesus as Barabbas sees him.
8. To what do the characters at the fat woman's house attribute the halo Barabbas describes seeing?
9. What happens during the Christians' meeting in the low-vaulted room?
10. Describe Barabbas' actions and thoughts on the resurrection morning.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between Barabbas and the fat woman. Compare and contrast their relationship with Barabbas' relationship with the hare-lipped girl. What events and elements affect each relationship? How do the two woman affect Barabbas' character development?
Essay Topic 2
What forgiveness is the red-bearded man seeking? Is Barabbas seeking any form of forgiveness? If so, from what and why? Discuss how each man's experiences with Jesus and religious groups has affected his view of forgiveness.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the symbolism behind the slave medallion and the inscriptions found on both sides of Sahak's and Barabbas's medallions. Compare and contrast how the inscription on the back of each man's medallion affected his character. What did the medallion symbolize for Barabbas after Sahak's death?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)