|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men do after returning from their brief excursions?
2. How does Barabbas react to the physical appearance of the believer he meets in the village on the mountain?
3. What warning does the red-beaded man give the believers?
4. How well does Barabbas sleep during his first night after arriving in Jerusalem?
5. As he lies on his sleeping mat, what conclusion does Barabbas come to about the things he saw on Golgotha?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Barabbas' actions and thoughts on the resurrection morning.
2. To what do the characters at the fat woman's house attribute the halo Barabbas describes seeing?
3. Why does Barabbas feel he has a stronger bond with Jesus than the Christians?
4. What does the red-bearded man confess to Barabbas?
5. How does Barabbas suffer for the man who died in his place?
6. What does the red-bearded man attribute to Barabbas's sudden interest in Jesus?
7. What does Barabbas do after burying the hare-lipped girl?
8. Describe the man that Barabbas meets who was resurrected from the dead.
9. Describe Jesus as Barabbas sees him.
10. Why does Barabbas move to Rome in his old age?
Essay Topic 1
What is the purpose of the Dung Gate area? Describe the society of people who live near the Dung Gate. What expectations do these people have for their lives? How does Jesus and the Christian philosophy affect the lives of this particular group of people?
Essay Topic 2
How does the discussion of the Jewish Messiah at the fat woman's house affect Barabbas and the way he lives his life? How does Jesus differ from the Messiah that Barabbas and the others are expecting? How does their preconceived notions of a Messiah affect their ability to believe that Jesus is the Son of God?
Essay Topic 3
What forgiveness is the red-bearded man seeking? Is Barabbas seeking any form of forgiveness? If so, from what and why? Discuss how each man's experiences with Jesus and religious groups has affected his view of forgiveness.
This section contains 1,570 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)