|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the believer that Barabbas meets in the village on the mountain look like?
2. What did Barabbas find in the low-vaulted room?
3. How does Barabbas expect the Christians to react to his presence?
4. What does Barabbas ask the girl he meets in Jerusalem?
5. How did the believers react to the hare-lipped girl after the red-bearded man spoke to them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Barabbas feel he has a stronger bond with Jesus than the Christians?
2. Why is Barabbas pleased that he did not see the resurrection?
3. Why doesn't Barabbas believe that Jesus could be the Son of God?
4. Describe what the characters do at the fat woman's house.
5. What does the red-bearded man confess to Barabbas?
6. How do the characters react when the hill goes dark?
7. To what do the characters at the fat woman's house attribute the halo Barabbas describes seeing?
8. Describe Jesus as Barabbas sees him.
9. Describe Barabbas' appearance.
10. Describe the hare-lipped girl's meeting with Jesus.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What reasons does the red-bearded man give for Jesus' crucifixion and why? What reasons does Barabbas give for Jesus' crucifixion and why? What events affect Barabbas's reasoning and why?
Essay Topic 2
How does the promise of the resurrection affect the characters in the story? Compare and contrast Barabbas's and the hare-lipped girl's expectations and experiences surrounding Jesus' resurrection. How might their faith have affected their experiences?
Essay Topic 3
What is the purpose of the Dung Gate area? Describe the society of people who live near the Dung Gate. What expectations do these people have for their lives? How does Jesus and the Christian philosophy affect the lives of this particular group of people?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)