|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the believers begin to call Barabbas after he returns from his visit to the village on the mountain?
2. What does Barabbas think has happened to Jesus' body?
3. During his first night after arriving in Jerusalem, what does Barabbas think about as he lies on his sleeping mat?
4. Where does the hare-lipped girl live?
5. What did the hare-lipped girl not ask Jesus to do for her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during the Christians' meeting in the low-vaulted room?
2. Describe the residents who live near the Dung Gate.
3. What does the red-bearded man claim is the point of the crucifixion?
4. What does Barabbas give the hare-lipped girl at the fat woman's house?
5. Describe the man that Barabbas meets who was resurrected from the dead.
6. Why doesn't Barabbas believe that Jesus could be the Son of God?
7. Describe Jesus as Barabbas sees him.
8. What does Barabbas think about as he lies awake next to the fat woman on his first night of freedom?
9. To what does the fat woman attribute Barabbas's odd behavior?
10. How does the fat woman react to Barabbas staying in Jerusalem?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the purpose of the Dung Gate area? Describe the society of people who live near the Dung Gate. What expectations do these people have for their lives? How does Jesus and the Christian philosophy affect the lives of this particular group of people?
Essay Topic 2
How does the promise of the resurrection affect the characters in the story? Compare and contrast Barabbas's and the hare-lipped girl's expectations and experiences surrounding Jesus' resurrection. How might their faith have affected their experiences?
Essay Topic 3
What forgiveness is the red-bearded man seeking? Is Barabbas seeking any form of forgiveness? If so, from what and why? Discuss how each man's experiences with Jesus and religious groups has affected his view of forgiveness.
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)