|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event causes the soldiers near the cross to jump to their feet and grab their weapons?
2. What does Barabbas ask the girl he meets in Jerusalem?
3. Why does Barabbas choose to attend the crucifixion?
4. After leaving the tomb, whom does Barabbas question about Christian doctrine?
5. What does Barabbas do before everyone leaves the low-vaulted room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the other characters view the governor?
2. Why is Barabbas pleased that he did not see the resurrection?
3. What does Barabbas do after burying the hare-lipped girl?
4. Which "lord" does Barabbas end up serving and why?
5. Why does Barabbas feel he has a stronger bond with Jesus than the Christians?
6. Describe Barabbas and Sahak's relationship above ground.
7. Describe Barabbas' actions and thoughts on the resurrection morning.
8. What do Barabbas and the characters at the fat woman's house discuss?
9. How does Barabbas get lost in the city of Rome?
10. What does the red-bearded man claim is the point of the crucifixion?
Essay Topic 1
What might be Barabbas's motivation for returning to the band of thieves? Compare and contrast the roles Barabbas plays within the band of thieves both before and after Jesus' crucifixion. What events and experiences influenced any change he might have experienced and why?
Essay Topic 2
What reasons does the red-bearded man give for Jesus' crucifixion and why? What reasons does Barabbas give for Jesus' crucifixion and why? What events affect Barabbas's reasoning and why?
Essay Topic 3
What type of reception does Barabbas receive from the Christians in Jerusalem? What is the reason for that reception? Why might Barabbas continue to seek out the Christians? What is the result of his persistence?
This section contains 1,607 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)