|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barabbas do before everyone leaves the low-vaulted room?
2. Towards the end of his conversation with Barabbas, what does the passing group of men tell the red-beaded man?
3. What did the hare-lipped girl see at the tomb?
4. What does the hare-lipped girl do after the red-beaded man speaks to the Christians?
5. What business keeps Barabbas in Jerusalem?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe hare-lipped girl's actions and thoughts on the resurrection morning.
2. What does the red-bearded man attribute to Barabbas's sudden interest in Jesus?
3. What does Barabbas spend most of his time doing in Jerusalem after the resurrection morning?
4. What do Barabbas and the characters at the fat woman's house discuss?
5. How does the fat woman react to Barabbas staying in Jerusalem?
6. What does the red-bearded man claim is the point of the crucifixion?
7. How do the characters react when the hill goes dark?
8. Describe the hare-lipped girl.
9. What statement does the fat woman make that offends the hare-lipped girl?
10. What does the red-bearded man confess to Barabbas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What type of reception does Barabbas receive from the Christians in Jerusalem? What is the reason for that reception? Why might Barabbas continue to seek out the Christians? What is the result of his persistence?
Essay Topic 2
What might be Barabbas's motivation for returning to the band of thieves? Compare and contrast the roles Barabbas plays within the band of thieves both before and after Jesus' crucifixion. What events and experiences influenced any change he might have experienced and why?
Essay Topic 3
What is the purpose of the Dung Gate area? Describe the society of people who live near the Dung Gate. What expectations do these people have for their lives? How does Jesus and the Christian philosophy affect the lives of this particular group of people?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)