Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving the tomb, whom does Barabbas question about Christian doctrine?
2. To what does the fat woman attribute Barabbas's odd behavior after he returns from the village on the mountain?
3. What do the believers begin to call Barabbas after he returns from his visit to the village on the mountain?
4. What does Barabbas notice about the tomb when the sun rises?
5. What does the believer that Barabbas meets in the village on the mountain look like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Barabbas tell the Christian when questioned about his visit to the resurrected man?
2. Why does Barabbas feel he has a stronger bond with Jesus than the Christians?
3. How do the characters react when the hill goes dark?
4. What does Barabbas notice about the people in Jerusalem the day after the crucifixion?
5. How does Barabbas suffer for the man who died in his place?
6. Why does Barabbas leave the red-beaded man?
7. What happens to Sahak after he speaks to the governor?
8. Why is Barabbas pleased that he did not see the resurrection?
9. Describe the residents who live near the Dung Gate.
10. Describe the hare-lipped girl's meeting with Jesus.
Essay Topic 1
What is Barabbas's reaction to the physical appearance of the resurrected man and what conclusion does he come to about the value of the resurrection? How does Barabbas surprise the resurrected man and what does this indicate about Barabbas' character? How does Barabbas's visit with the resurrected man affect his character?
Essay Topic 2
What forgiveness is the red-bearded man seeking? Is Barabbas seeking any form of forgiveness? If so, from what and why? Discuss how each man's experiences with Jesus and religious groups has affected his view of forgiveness.
Essay Topic 3
How does the news of the impending persecution of the Christians affect the characters in the low-vaulted room? Describe the forms of persecution the Christians in the novel face. How do they react to their persecutions? What effect do their persecutions and reactions have on Barabbas?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)