Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving the tomb, whom does Barabbas question about Christian doctrine?
2. To what does the fat woman attribute Barabbas's odd behavior after he returns from the village on the mountain?
3. What do the believers begin to call Barabbas after he returns from his visit to the village on the mountain?
4. What does Barabbas notice about the tomb when the sun rises?
5. What does the believer that Barabbas meets in the village on the mountain look like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Barabbas tell the Christian when questioned about his visit to the resurrected man?
2. Why does Barabbas feel he has a stronger bond with Jesus than the Christians?
3. How do the characters react when the hill goes dark?
4. What does Barabbas notice about the people in Jerusalem the day after the crucifixion?
5. How does Barabbas suffer for the man who died in his place?
6. Why does Barabbas leave the red-beaded man?
7. What happens to Sahak after he speaks to the governor?
8. Why is Barabbas pleased that he did not see the resurrection?
9. Describe the residents who live near the Dung Gate.
10. Describe the hare-lipped girl's meeting with Jesus.
Essay Topic 1
What role does revenge play in the novel? Which characters are most affected by revenge and why? Compare and contrast the concept of revenge with the concept of "love one another" as seen by the characters in the novel. How does this conflict affect Barabbas' character and why?
Essay Topic 2
How does the discussion of the Jewish Messiah at the fat woman's house affect Barabbas and the way he lives his life? How does Jesus differ from the Messiah that Barabbas and the others are expecting? How does their preconceived notions of a Messiah affect their ability to believe that Jesus is the Son of God?
Essay Topic 3
How do the characters at the fat woman's house rationalize the miracles Barabbas saw on Golgotha? How does their rationalization affect his character? What other miracles does Barabbas rationalize and what effect did his rationalization have on his character development?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)