Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving the tomb, whom does Barabbas question about Christian doctrine?
2. To what does the fat woman attribute Barabbas's odd behavior after he returns from the village on the mountain?
3. What do the believers begin to call Barabbas after he returns from his visit to the village on the mountain?
4. What does Barabbas notice about the tomb when the sun rises?
5. What does the believer that Barabbas meets in the village on the mountain look like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Barabbas tell the Christian when questioned about his visit to the resurrected man?
2. Why does Barabbas feel he has a stronger bond with Jesus than the Christians?
3. How do the characters react when the hill goes dark?
4. What does Barabbas notice about the people in Jerusalem the day after the crucifixion?
5. How does Barabbas suffer for the man who died in his place?
6. Why does Barabbas leave the red-beaded man?
7. What happens to Sahak after he speaks to the governor?
8. Why is Barabbas pleased that he did not see the resurrection?
9. Describe the residents who live near the Dung Gate.
10. Describe the hare-lipped girl's meeting with Jesus.
Essay Topic 1
What type of reception does Barabbas receive from the Christians in Jerusalem? What is the reason for that reception? Why might Barabbas continue to seek out the Christians? What is the result of his persistence?
Essay Topic 2
What is the purpose of the Dung Gate area? Describe the society of people who live near the Dung Gate. What expectations do these people have for their lives? How does Jesus and the Christian philosophy affect the lives of this particular group of people?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the symbolism behind the slave medallion and the inscriptions found on both sides of Sahak's and Barabbas's medallions. Compare and contrast how the inscription on the back of each man's medallion affected his character. What did the medallion symbolize for Barabbas after Sahak's death?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)