|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who releases Barabbas and Sahak from the mines?
(a) Their owner.
(b) The Emperor.
(c) The red-bearded man.
(d) The overseer.
2. What religious philosophy does the overseer have?
(a) Worship no one and worry about nothing.
(b) One God for all men.
(c) Worship all gods so none of them will be offended.
(d) Worship the state that takes care of you.
3. Where does Barabbas carry the hare-lipped girl's body?
(a) To the Red Sea.
(b) Through the Desert of Judah to the land of the Moabites.
(c) Past Jericho and into Judah.
(d) To the fat woman's house.
4. How did Barabbas meet the hare-lipped girl?
(a) She cared for him when his leg was wounded.
(b) He captured her on a raid.
(c) Her father was a thief.
(d) At the fat woman's house.
5. What happens to Barabbas and Sahak after they are released from the mines?
(a) They part ways, but meet again at a Christian meeting.
(b) They walk to Jerusalem.
(c) They work together in the fields.
(d) They remain together for the rest of their lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eliahu die?
2. Which spirit do the thieve believe might have possessed Barabbas and killed him?
3. Why does the overseer first whip Sahak?
4. When is the body of the murder victim discovered?
5. How does Barabbas act towards his former friends after he buries the hare-lipped girl?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the governor view Barabbas?
2. Describe the hare-lipped girl's burial.
3. What miracle did Sahak claim to have received from God?
4. Why does Sahak refuse to the leave the mines without Barabbas?
5. How do Sahak and Barabbas end up standing trial in front of the governor?
6. What does Barabbas do with the hare-lipped girl's body?
7. To what do the thieves attribute Barabbas's odd behavior?
8. What is Eliahu's relationship to Barabbas?
9. What does Barabbas think about as he carries the hare-lipped girl's body?
10. What explanation does Sahak give the governor for the inscription on the back of his medallion?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)