|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secret about Eliahu does no one know?
(a) Eliahu betrayed Jesus.
(b) Eliahu is a Pharisee.
(c) Eliahu is Barabbas' father.
(d) Eliahu is the hare-lipped girl's brother.
2. Where has Barabbas been before he becomes a slave in a Roman governor's house?
(a) In Jerusalem.
(b) In the copper mines.
(c) On his way to Samaria.
(d) In the smelting pit.
3. What was significant about Eliahu's attack on Barabbas?
(a) It is his first murder.
(b) Eliahu had been his best friend.
(c) Eliahu is a Christian.
(d) His friends think it made him a man.
4. When is the body of the murder victim discovered?
(a) Three days later.
(b) The next day.
(c) Moments after the murder.
(d) After the stoning is over.
5. Why does Sahak believe he had been the recipient of a miracle?
(a) Because his lame leg had been healed.
(b) Because he had been moved from the furnaces to the mine.
(c) Because his father had been blind.
(d) Because he had been spared from crucifixion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Barabbas act towards his former friends after he buries the hare-lipped girl?
2. What does the blind man find offensive about the hare-lipped girl?
3. When the band of thieves discover that Barabbas is missing, where do they search for him?
4. What mark does Eliahu's attack leave on Barabbas?
5. How did Barabbas meet the hare-lipped girl?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where might Barabbas might have been between the time that he left the thieves and when he was in the copper mines?
2. To what do the thieves attribute Barabbas's odd behavior?
3. What is special about the inscription on the back of Sahak's slave medallion?
4. After his initial whipping, what does Barabbas do while Sahak prays?
5. What is Eliahu's relationship to Barabbas?
6. Why does the true believer cast the first stone at the hare-lipped girl?
7. What does Barabbas do with the hare-lipped girl's body?
8. How does Barabbas suffer for the man who died in his place?
9. Why does Sahak refuse to the leave the mines without Barabbas?
10. What does Barabbas do after burying the hare-lipped girl?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)