|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the overseer do when he sees Sahak and Barabbas kneeling in prayer?
(a) He stares in surprise.
(b) He asks Sahak why they are praying.
(c) He whips them both.
(d) He prays silently.
2. Where do Barabbas and Sahak work after the spring plowing is complete?
(a) In the copper mine.
(b) At the water wheels.
(c) In the potter's shop.
(d) In the governor's house.
3. Who enrages Barabbas so much that he ferociously desecrates dead bodies?
(a) The fat woman.
(b) The temple guards.
(c) The Pharisees.
4. What weapon does Barabbas use to kill the man by the stoning pit?
(a) A knife.
(b) A push.
(c) A stone.
(d) A thin rope.
5. Why are Barabbas and Sahak called to the Roman governor's palace?
(a) To be punished for attempting to escape.
(b) To show the governor his scarred leg.
(c) To explain Sahak's claims about the end of the world.
(d) To explain the inscription on the back of their medallions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Barabbas meet the hare-lipped girl?
2. Where do Barabbas and Sahak sleep at night?
3. What happens to Barabbas and Sahak after they are released from the mines?
4. Where has Barabbas been before he becomes a slave in a Roman governor's house?
5. How does Eliahu die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What explanation does Sahak give the governor for the inscription on the back of his medallion?
2. What is Eliahu's relationship to Barabbas?
3. Where might Barabbas might have been between the time that he left the thieves and when he was in the copper mines?
4. What is Barabbas reaction to the true believer's action during the stoning?
5. What about Barabbas amazes Sahak?
6. Describe the one-eyed man.
7. What miracle did Sahak claim to have received from God?
8. Describe the hare-lipped girl's burial.
9. Describe Barabbas and Sahak's relationship above ground.
10. What heresy does the blind man accuse the hare-lipped girl of spreading?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)