|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is ordered to throw the first stone during the hare-lipped girl's execution?
(a) The Pharisee.
(b) The blind man.
(c) The true believer.
(d) The potter.
2. Who throws the first stone during the hare-lipped girl's execution?
(a) The Pharisee.
(b) The potter.
(c) The blind man.
(d) The true believer.
3. Why does the one-eyed slave wear a wooden frame around his neck?
(a) As punishment for attempting escape.
(b) To help turn the mill wheel.
(c) To help bear the weight of the sacks.
(d) To prevent him from eating the flour.
4. Where do Barabbas and Sahak work after the spring plowing is complete?
(a) In the potter's shop.
(b) In the copper mine.
(c) At the water wheels.
(d) In the governor's house.
5. How do Barabbas and Sahak feel about their above ground work?
(a) They long for their freedom.
(b) They dislike the harsh sunlight.
(c) They are happy to be in the fresh air.
(d) They are indifferent; it is still slavery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barabbas allow the governor to do to his slave medallion?
2. What observation does Barabbas make about prayer after Sahak's death?
3. Where does Barabbas tell Sahak that he had seen Jesus?
4. What was significant about Eliahu's attack on Barabbas?
5. Which spirit do the thieve believe might have possessed Barabbas and killed him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sahak refuse to the leave the mines without Barabbas?
2. What is Barabbas reaction to the true believer's action during the stoning?
3. What heresy does the blind man accuse the hare-lipped girl of spreading?
4. What does Barabbas think about as he carries the hare-lipped girl's body?
5. Describe Barabbas and Sahak's relationship above ground.
6. To what do the thieves attribute Barabbas's odd behavior?
7. What is special about the inscription on the back of Sahak's slave medallion?
8. What happens to Sahak after he speaks to the governor?
9. Describe the one-eyed man.
10. What explanation does Barabbas give the governor for the inscription on the back of his medallion?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)