|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What opinion does Barabbas give the red-bearded man about his feeling of guilt?
(a) His action could be forgiven.
(b) He should give the temple as much money as he can.
(c) His sin is too horrible to forgive.
(d) He should offer a sacrifice to God.
2. What does Barabbas think has happened to Jesus' body?
(a) Jesus has risen from the dead.
(b) The Roman soldiers removed his body the night before.
(c) The body was never actually in the tomb.
(d) Jesus' followers have taken the body away in the night.
3. What comment does the fat woman make that offends the girl Barabbas meets in Jerusalem?
(a) Barabbas should have been crucified.
(b) The Jews made the right decision to set Barabbas free.
(c) The Romans made the right decision to set Barabbas free.
(d) It doesn't matter who was crucified, as long as Barabbas was saved.
4. What does Barabbas ask the woman who talks about the man on the cross?
(a) What type of crime was he accused of.
(b) Who his followers were.
(c) Where his body was laid and what was supposed to happen to it.
(d) What kinds of miracles he performed and sermons he delivered.
5. What does Barabbas do after he leaves the tomb?
(a) Goes to the temple alone.
(b) Rejoins his band of thieves.
(c) Wanders through the desert.
(d) Returns to the city with the hare-lipped girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Barabbas refer to the girl he meets in Jerusalem?
2. Why does the red-beaded man feel guilty?
3. Where does the hare-lipped girl live?
4. While in the Fat Woman's house in Jerusalem, where do the men occasionally go?
5. To what does the fat woman attribute Barabbas's odd behavior after he returns from the village on the mountain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during the Christians' meeting in the low-vaulted room?
2. Describe the man that Barabbas meets who was resurrected from the dead.
3. Describe the residents who live near the Dung Gate.
4. How does the fat woman react to Barabbas staying in Jerusalem?
5. What does Barabbas tell the Christian when questioned about his visit to the resurrected man?
6. Describe the hare-lipped girl's meeting with Jesus.
7. To what does the fat woman attribute Barabbas's odd behavior?
8. Why is Barabbas pleased that he did not see the resurrection?
9. Describe what the characters do at the fat woman's house.
10. What do Barabbas and the characters at the fat woman's house discuss?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)