|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event takes place in the low-vaulted room?
(a) An execution.
(b) A trial.
(c) A prayer meeting.
(d) A large, boisterous party.
2. How does Barabbas react to the physical appearance of the believer he meets in the village on the mountain?
(a) He is repulsed.
(b) He is surprised.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is curious, yet cautious.
3. How did the believers react to the hare-lipped girl after the red-bearded man spoke to them?
(a) They applaud.
(b) They argue with her.
(c) They appear to be embarrassed for her.
(d) They ignore her presence.
4. What does Barabbas ask the girl he meets in Jerusalem?
(a) Where she has been.
(b) Where the child is.
(c) If she saw the darkness.
(d) If she has received news from Gilgal.
5. What event does Barabbas accuse the red-bearded man of falsifying?
(a) The darkness that covered the hill.
(b) The earthquake.
(c) The resurrection.
(d) The miracles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barabbas do before everyone leaves the low-vaulted room?
2. As Barabbas walks around town the day after the crucifixion, what does he notice?
3. How well does Barabbas sleep during his first night after arriving in Jerusalem?
4. What reaction does Barabbas have to the red-bearded man's claims about the crucified man?
5. What does Barabbas notice about the woman he believes is the mother of the man on the cross?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the red-bearded man confess to Barabbas?
2. What do Barabbas and the characters at the fat woman's house discuss?
3. Describe the hare-lipped girl.
4. What does Barabbas give the hare-lipped girl at the fat woman's house?
5. What does Barabbas tell the Christian when questioned about his visit to the resurrected man?
6. Describe hare-lipped girl's actions and thoughts on the resurrection morning.
7. Why does Barabbas leave the red-beaded man?
8. Describe Barabbas' actions and thoughts on the resurrection morning.
9. How do the characters react when the hill goes dark?
10. What does the red-bearded man claim is the point of the crucifixion?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)