|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What answer does Barabbas receive about Christian doctrine?
(a) Do good.
(b) Serve well.
(c) Pray without ceasing.
(d) Love each other.
2. How do the Christians react to Barabbas' presence?
(a) They are uncomfortable around him.
(b) They appear indifferent to his presence.
(c) They angrily cast him out of the assembly.
(d) They cheerfully weclome him into their homes.
3. Why were the Jewish people given the opportunity to pardon one prisoner's death sentence?
(a) It is a tradition during the Passover holiday.
(b) The Romans always pardoned one prisioner each month.
(c) The priests paid the Romans for one prisioner each year.
(d) They were being rewarded by the Roman government.
4. What reaction does Barabbas have to the red-bearded man's claims about the crucified man?
(a) Barabbas laughs at the red-bearded man.
(b) Barabbas walks away.
(c) Barabbas accuses the red-beaded man of lying.
(d) Barabbas tells the red-bearded man his belief is flawed.
5. When the book opens, where is Barabbas standing?
(a) Near the cross.
(b) In the marketplace.
(c) At the bottom of the hill.
(d) In front of the governor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What explanation did the red-bearded man give for Barabbas's interest in the crucified man?
2. Whom does Barabbas continue to seek out while he stays in Jerusalem?
3. Who greets Barabbas and the girl as they walk down the streets of Jerusalem?
4. At the end of the evening, who is left with the Fat Woman?
5. How does Barabbas refer to the girl he meets in Jerusalem?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the characters react when the hill goes dark?
2. Describe hare-lipped girl's actions and thoughts on the resurrection morning.
3. To what does the fat woman attribute Barabbas's odd behavior?
4. What statement does the fat woman make that offends the hare-lipped girl?
5. What does Barabbas notice about the people in Jerusalem the day after the crucifixion?
6. Describe the hare-lipped girl's meeting with Jesus.
7. Why is Barabbas pleased that he did not see the resurrection?
8. Why doesn't Barabbas believe that Jesus could be the Son of God?
9. What happens during the Christians' meeting in the low-vaulted room?
10. What does Barabbas think about as he lies awake next to the fat woman on his first night of freedom?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)