|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what do Barabbas's friends attribute the unusual events Barabbas saw while at Golgotha?
(a) His eyes adjusting to daylight after having been in the dungeon.
(b) God's intervention in the crucifixion.
(c) His emotional state after experiencing such a brutal crucifixion.
(d) His mental state after enduring the ordeal of the trial.
2. What reaction does Barabbas have to the red-bearded man's claims about the crucified man?
(a) Barabbas accuses the red-beaded man of lying.
(b) Barabbas tells the red-bearded man his belief is flawed.
(c) Barabbas walks away.
(d) Barabbas laughs at the red-bearded man.
3. Where does Barabbas spend his first night after arriving in Jerusalem?
(a) At a local inn.
(b) At the Fat Woman's house.
(c) At his mother's house.
(d) Under a fig tree.
4. Why would Barabbas normally avoid Golgotha?
(a) It is far out of his way.
(b) He feels it is an unclean place of death.
(c) He knows he will hang there one day.
(d) His father was crucified on Golgotha.
5. When Barabbas is eavesdropping on the two men in Jerusalem, what causes him to lean closer to the men?
(a) They point to the hare-lipped girl.
(b) They whisper about the Roman guards.
(c) They mention Barabbas's name.
(d) They mention the darkness that covered Golgotha.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Barabbas expect the Christians to react to his presence?
2. Why does the red-beaded man feel guilty?
3. What does Barabbas ask the girl he meets in Jerusalem?
4. Whom does Barabbas continue to seek out while he stays in Jerusalem?
5. What did Jesus tell the hare-lipped girl she would do?
Short Essay Questions
1. After his initial whipping, what does Barabbas do while Sahak prays?
2. What statement does the fat woman make that offends the hare-lipped girl?
3. Describe Jesus as Barabbas sees him.
4. Why does Barabbas feel he has a stronger bond with Jesus than the Christians?
5. To what does the fat woman attribute Barabbas's odd behavior?
6. What does Barabbas think about as he lies awake next to the fat woman on his first night of freedom?
7. What does Barabbas notice about the people in Jerusalem the day after the crucifixion?
8. What might Barabbas's lonely last few days symbolize?
9. What is Barabbas reaction to the true believer's action during the stoning?
10. Why does the old man tell the Christians in the prison to leave Barabbas alone?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)