|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barabbas notice about the woman he believes is the mother of the man on the cross?
(a) She looks older than her years.
(b) She stares angrily at him.
(c) She seems unable to demonstrate the full depths of her grief.
(d) She cries and clings to a man who grieves for Jesus.
2. What explanation did the the red-bearded man give for the crucifixion?
(a) The Jewish people are fickle.
(b) The Romans are out to destroy Israel.
(c) The Pharisees are trying to destroy the Christians.
(d) The Master had to suffer and die for them.
3. What event does Barabbas deny seeing that the red-bearded man describes seeing on Golgotha.
(a) The halo around Jesus.
(b) The darkness that covered the hill.
(c) The frightened soldiers.
(d) The grieving mother.
4. What did the hare-lipped girl not ask Jesus to do for her?
(a) Make her wealthy.
(b) Feed her.
(c) Heal her deformed lip.
(d) Make Barabbas love her.
5. To what do Barabbas's friends attribute the unusual events Barabbas saw while at Golgotha?
(a) God's intervention in the crucifixion.
(b) His emotional state after experiencing such a brutal crucifixion.
(c) His eyes adjusting to daylight after having been in the dungeon.
(d) His mental state after enduring the ordeal of the trial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does the passing group of men call Barabbas?
2. What does Barabbas pretend to want?
3. During his first night after arriving in Jerusalem, what does Barabbas think about as he lies on his sleeping mat?
4. Who greets Barabbas and the girl as they walk down the streets of Jerusalem?
5. Why does Barabbas choose to attend the crucifixion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Barabbas leave the red-beaded man?
2. What does Barabbas think about as he lies awake next to the fat woman on his first night of freedom?
3. What happens during the Christians' meeting in the low-vaulted room?
4. How does the fat woman react to Barabbas staying in Jerusalem?
5. What does the red-bearded man attribute to Barabbas's sudden interest in Jesus?
6. What does Barabbas notice about the people in Jerusalem the day after the crucifixion?
7. To what do the characters at the fat woman's house attribute the halo Barabbas describes seeing?
8. Describe Barabbas' appearance.
9. Why doesn't Barabbas believe that Jesus could be the Son of God?
10. What does Barabbas tell the Christian when questioned about his visit to the resurrected man?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)