|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Barabbas react to the physical appearance of the believer he meets in the village on the mountain?
(a) He is repulsed.
(b) He is curious, yet cautious.
(c) He is surprised.
(d) He is angry.
2. What opinion does Barabbas give the red-bearded man about his feeling of guilt?
(a) His sin is too horrible to forgive.
(b) He should offer a sacrifice to God.
(c) He should give the temple as much money as he can.
(d) His action could be forgiven.
3. What warning does the red-beaded man give the believers?
(a) They might soon be persecuted.
(b) Barabbas is a Roman spy.
(c) The Romans demand bribes.
(d) The blind man is a Roman spy.
4. At the end of the evening, who is left with the Fat Woman?
(a) The other women.
(b) Everyone stays the night.
(c) The girl.
5. What event does Barabbas deny seeing that the red-bearded man describes seeing on Golgotha.
(a) The darkness that covered the hill.
(b) The halo around Jesus.
(c) The grieving mother.
(d) The frightened soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the believers react to the hare-lipped girl after the red-bearded man spoke to them?
2. As Barabbas walks around town the day after the crucifixion, what does he notice?
3. Why does Barabbas feel that he cannot be forgiven for his sins?
4. What does the hare-lipped girl believe will happen once the third day after the crucifixion has passed?
5. What observation does Barabbas make about the conviction of man on the cross?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Barabbas do with the hare-lipped girl's body?
2. Describe the hare-lipped girl's burial.
3. What does Barabbas give the hare-lipped girl at the fat woman's house?
4. What does Barabbas think about as he lies awake next to the fat woman on his first night of freedom?
5. Describe hare-lipped girl's actions and thoughts on the resurrection morning.
6. Describe Barabbas' appearance.
7. How do the other characters view the governor?
8. Where might Barabbas might have been between the time that he left the thieves and when he was in the copper mines?
9. Why does Barabbas move to Rome in his old age?
10. What happens during the Christians' meeting in the low-vaulted room?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)