|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which follower of Jesus is Barabbas invited to meet?
(a) A man whom Jesus raised from the dead.
(b) Mary Magdalene, a follower of Jesus.
(c) Mary, the mother of Jesus.
(d) The apostle Paul.
2. Who greets Barabbas and the girl as they walk down the streets of Jerusalem?
(a) His friends.
(b) His mother.
(c) The child.
(d) His father.
3. What did the hare-lipped girl not ask Jesus to do for her?
(a) Heal her deformed lip.
(b) Feed her.
(c) Make Barabbas love her.
(d) Make her wealthy.
4. What does Barabbas do after he leaves the tomb?
(a) Returns to the city with the hare-lipped girl.
(b) Goes to the temple alone.
(c) Rejoins his band of thieves.
(d) Wanders through the desert.
5. What does Barabbas look like?
(a) Around 30 years old with a reddish beard, black hair, and a scar on his cheek.
(b) Around 20 years old with a black beard, black hair, and a scar on his cheek.
(c) Around 40 years old with a reddish beard, black hair, and a scar on his neck.
(d) Around 50 years old with a brown beard, black hair, and a scar on his cheek.
Short Answer Questions
1. What explanation did the red-bearded man give for Barabbas's interest in the crucified man?
2. What explanation did the the red-bearded man give for the crucifixion?
3. What does Barabbas ask the girl he meets in Jerusalem?
4. What does Barabbas give the girl he meets in Jerusalem?
5. Why does Barabbas feel uncomfortable with the group?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Barabbas think about as he lies awake next to the fat woman on his first night of freedom?
2. To what does the fat woman attribute Barabbas's odd behavior?
3. What does the red-bearded man attribute to Barabbas's sudden interest in Jesus?
4. What does Barabbas spend most of his time doing in Jerusalem after the resurrection morning?
5. Describe the hare-lipped girl's meeting with Jesus.
6. To what do the characters at the fat woman's house attribute the halo Barabbas describes seeing?
7. Describe what the characters do at the fat woman's house.
8. Why does Barabbas feel he has a stronger bond with Jesus than the Christians?
9. Describe the hare-lipped girl.
10. What does Barabbas notice about the people in Jerusalem the day after the crucifixion?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)