Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving the tomb, whom does Barabbas question about Christian doctrine?
(a) The hare-lipped girl.
(b) The blind man.
(c) The potter.
(d) The red-bearded man.
2. To what does the fat woman attribute Barabbas's odd behavior after he returns from the village on the mountain?
(a) He trying to become a better man.
(b) He has become insane like the man on the mountain.
(c) He has been posessed by the crucified man's spirit.
(d) He is lying.
3. What do the believers begin to call Barabbas after he returns from his visit to the village on the mountain?
(a) Barabbas the thief.
(b) Barabbas the acquitted.
(c) Barabbas the blessed.
(d) Barabbas the doubter.
4. What does Barabbas notice about the tomb when the sun rises?
(a) It is glowing.
(b) It is empty.
(c) It seems normal.
(d) It shines.
5. What does the believer that Barabbas meets in the village on the mountain look like?
(a) Like any normal man.
(b) Parched skin and lack-luster eyes.
(c) Unusually cheerful and attractive.
(d) Robust and healthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Barabbas feel he has a stronger bond with Jesus than the Christians?
2. What does the woman at the Fat Woman's house say about the man on the cross?
3. What explanation did the the red-bearded man give for the crucifixion?
4. What observation does Barabbas make about the conviction of man on the cross?
5. While in the Fat Woman's house in Jerusalem, where do the men occasionally go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Barabbas tell the Christian when questioned about his visit to the resurrected man?
2. Why does Barabbas feel he has a stronger bond with Jesus than the Christians?
3. How do the characters react when the hill goes dark?
4. What does Barabbas notice about the people in Jerusalem the day after the crucifixion?
5. How does Barabbas suffer for the man who died in his place?
6. Why does Barabbas leave the red-beaded man?
7. What happens to Sahak after he speaks to the governor?
8. Why is Barabbas pleased that he did not see the resurrection?
9. Describe the residents who live near the Dung Gate.
10. Describe the hare-lipped girl's meeting with Jesus.
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)