|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what do Barabbas's friends attribute the unusual events Barabbas saw while at Golgotha?
(a) His eyes adjusting to daylight after having been in the dungeon.
(b) God's intervention in the crucifixion.
(c) His emotional state after experiencing such a brutal crucifixion.
(d) His mental state after enduring the ordeal of the trial.
2. While in the Fat Woman's house in Jerusalem, where do the men occasionally go?
(a) Out to get more wine.
(b) Upstairs to have a smoke.
(c) Outside to use the restroom.
(d) Behind the curtain with the women.
3. What does the believer find odd about Barabbas's question?
(a) No one else has ever asked him about the "realm of the dead."
(b) He is surprised at Barabbas's unbelief.
(c) No one else has argued with him about heaven.
(d) No one else has ever commented on his appearance.
4. Where was Barabbas when the man on the cross was arrested?
(a) In prison, awaiting his own execution.
(b) In front of the governor.
(c) On his way to Golgatha.
(d) In the marketplace.
5. Whom does Barabbas see near his hiding place?
(b) The red-bearded man.
(c) Two Roman soldiers.
(d) The hare-lipped girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which follower of Jesus is Barabbas invited to meet?
2. At the end of the evening, who is left with the Fat Woman?
3. When does the red-bearded man believe that the Master will return?
4. When Barabbas is eavesdropping on the two men in Jerusalem, what causes him to lean closer to the men?
5. Where does the hare-lipped girl live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Barabbas tell the Christian when questioned about his visit to the resurrected man?
2. How do the characters react when the hill goes dark?
3. Why does Barabbas leave the red-beaded man?
4. Describe the hare-lipped girl.
5. To what do the characters at the fat woman's house attribute the halo Barabbas describes seeing?
6. What does Barabbas give the hare-lipped girl at the fat woman's house?
7. What does Barabbas notice about the people in Jerusalem the day after the crucifixion?
8. What do Barabbas and the characters at the fat woman's house discuss?
9. What does the red-bearded man confess to Barabbas?
10. Why does Barabbas feel he has a stronger bond with Jesus than the Christians?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)