|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the red-bearded man do when he discovers that Barabbas has been eavesdropping?
(a) He stays.
(b) He glares at Barabbas.
(c) He yells at Barabbas.
(d) He ignores Barabbas and continues to talk to his friend.
2. Where does the hare-lipped girl live?
(a) At the Dung Gate.
(b) Near the temple.
(c) In the low-vaulted room.
(d) With the fat woman.
3. What explanation did the red-bearded man give for Barabbas's interest in the crucified man?
(a) Barabbas is seeking a father figure.
(b) Barabbas is reacting out of guilt.
(c) Barabbas needs a spiritual leader.
(d) The crucified man had called Barabbas to follow him.
4. Whom does the red-bearded man and his group believe that the crucified man is?
(a) The Son of Man and the Son of God.
(b) The Great Prophet.
(c) A misunderstood carpenter.
(d) A great healer.
5. Which follower of Jesus is Barabbas invited to meet?
(a) Mary, the mother of Jesus.
(b) A man whom Jesus raised from the dead.
(c) The apostle Paul.
(d) Mary Magdalene, a follower of Jesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men do after returning from their brief excursions?
2. Why doesn't Barabbas believe Jesus is the Son of God?
3. What answer does Barabbas receive about Christian doctrine?
4. How does the believer describe the "realm of the dead"?
5. What does Barabbas ask the woman who talks about the man on the cross?
Short Essay Questions
1. What might Barabbas's lonely last few days symbolize?
2. What does Barabbas do with the hare-lipped girl's body?
3. What about Barabbas amazes Sahak?
4. How does Barabbas suffer for the man who died in his place?
5. Why does Sahak refuse to the leave the mines without Barabbas?
6. Why does Barabbas set fire to the house?
7. To what do the thieves attribute Barabbas's odd behavior?
8. What does Barabbas do after burying the hare-lipped girl?
9. What happens to Sahak after he speaks to the governor?
10. Why does the true believer cast the first stone at the hare-lipped girl?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)