|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Barabbas feel uncomfortable with the group?
(a) He is the only man in the group.
(b) He wishes to steal, but cannot.
(c) He is not one of the group.
(d) They stare angrily at him.
2. After leaving the tomb, whom does Barabbas question about Christian doctrine?
(a) The red-bearded man.
(b) The potter.
(c) The hare-lipped girl.
(d) The blind man.
3. At the end of the evening, who is left with the Fat Woman?
(a) The other women.
(b) The girl.
(c) Everyone stays the night.
4. What does Barabbas think has happened to Jesus' body?
(a) The Roman soldiers removed his body the night before.
(b) Jesus' followers have taken the body away in the night.
(c) Jesus has risen from the dead.
(d) The body was never actually in the tomb.
5. To what do Barabbas's friends attribute the unusual events Barabbas saw while at Golgotha?
(a) His eyes adjusting to daylight after having been in the dungeon.
(b) God's intervention in the crucifixion.
(c) His emotional state after experiencing such a brutal crucifixion.
(d) His mental state after enduring the ordeal of the trial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comment does the fat woman make that offends the girl Barabbas meets in Jerusalem?
2. What does the believer that Barabbas meets in the village on the mountain look like?
3. Whom does Barabbas see near his hiding place?
4. What does Barabbas notice about the tomb when the sun rises?
5. How do the Christians react to Barabbas' presence?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Barabbas think about as he lies awake next to the fat woman on his first night of freedom?
2. Describe hare-lipped girl's actions and thoughts on the resurrection morning.
3. What does Barabbas give the hare-lipped girl at the fat woman's house?
4. What does Barabbas spend most of his time doing in Jerusalem after the resurrection morning?
5. What does the red-bearded man attribute to Barabbas's sudden interest in Jesus?
6. To what does the fat woman attribute Barabbas's odd behavior?
7. What happens during the Christians' meeting in the low-vaulted room?
8. Describe Barabbas' appearance.
9. Why does Barabbas feel he has a stronger bond with Jesus than the Christians?
10. What does the red-bearded man confess to Barabbas?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)