|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does the red-bearded man and his group believe that the crucified man is?
(a) The Son of Man and the Son of God.
(b) A great healer.
(c) The Great Prophet.
(d) A misunderstood carpenter.
2. When the book opens, where is Barabbas standing?
(a) In the marketplace.
(b) In front of the governor.
(c) At the bottom of the hill.
(d) Near the cross.
3. What does the believer find odd about Barabbas's question?
(a) No one else has ever commented on his appearance.
(b) He is surprised at Barabbas's unbelief.
(c) No one else has ever asked him about the "realm of the dead."
(d) No one else has argued with him about heaven.
4. What does the red-bearded man do when he discovers that Barabbas has been eavesdropping?
(a) He stays.
(b) He glares at Barabbas.
(c) He yells at Barabbas.
(d) He ignores Barabbas and continues to talk to his friend.
5. To what do Barabbas's friends attribute the unusual events Barabbas saw while at Golgotha?
(a) His eyes adjusting to daylight after having been in the dungeon.
(b) God's intervention in the crucifixion.
(c) His emotional state after experiencing such a brutal crucifixion.
(d) His mental state after enduring the ordeal of the trial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the believers begin to call Barabbas after he returns from his visit to the village on the mountain?
2. What does Barabbas do after he leaves the tomb?
3. What observation does Barabbas make about the conviction of man on the cross?
4. Where was Barabbas when the man on the cross was arrested?
5. What did the hare-lipped girl see at the tomb?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what the characters do at the fat woman's house.
2. Describe hare-lipped girl's actions and thoughts on the resurrection morning.
3. What statement does the fat woman make that offends the hare-lipped girl?
4. What do Barabbas and the characters at the fat woman's house discuss?
5. What does the red-bearded man confess to Barabbas?
6. What does the red-bearded man claim is the point of the crucifixion?
7. Why does Barabbas leave the red-beaded man?
8. How do the characters react when the hill goes dark?
9. What does Barabbas give the hare-lipped girl at the fat woman's house?
10. What does Barabbas think about as he lies awake next to the fat woman on his first night of freedom?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)