|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event does Barabbas accuse the red-bearded man of falsifying?
(a) The resurrection.
(b) The darkness that covered the hill.
(c) The miracles.
(d) The earthquake.
2. What comment does the fat woman make that offends the girl Barabbas meets in Jerusalem?
(a) It doesn't matter who was crucified, as long as Barabbas was saved.
(b) The Jews made the right decision to set Barabbas free.
(c) Barabbas should have been crucified.
(d) The Romans made the right decision to set Barabbas free.
3. Where is Barabbas hidden just before sunrise on the third day after the crucifixion?
(a) Near the tomb.
(b) Behind the low-vaulted room.
(c) In a nearby cave.
(d) Near the temple.
4. What does Barabbas notice about the tomb when the sun rises?
(a) It shines.
(b) It seems normal.
(c) It is glowing.
(d) It is empty.
5. How does Barabbas refer to the girl he meets in Jerusalem?
(a) The girl in Jerusalem.
(b) The girl with the hare-lip.
(c) The girl of his dream.
(d) The girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the red-bearded man do when he discovers that Barabbas has been eavesdropping?
2. How do the Christians react to Barabbas' presence?
3. Whom does Barabbas see near his hiding place?
4. How does Barabbas react to the comments that the passing group of men make towards him and the red-beaded man?
5. What warning does the red-beaded man give the believers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What statement does the fat woman make that offends the hare-lipped girl?
2. Describe the hare-lipped girl.
3. To what does the fat woman attribute Barabbas's odd behavior?
4. Describe what the characters do at the fat woman's house.
5. Why doesn't Barabbas believe that Jesus could be the Son of God?
6. What does Barabbas tell the Christian when questioned about his visit to the resurrected man?
7. What happens during the Christians' meeting in the low-vaulted room?
8. What does the red-bearded man claim is the point of the crucifixion?
9. What does the red-bearded man confess to Barabbas?
10. Why is Barabbas pleased that he did not see the resurrection?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)