|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Barabbas when the man on the cross was arrested?
(a) In prison, awaiting his own execution.
(b) On his way to Golgatha.
(c) In front of the governor.
(d) In the marketplace.
2. Why does Barabbas feel he has a stronger bond with Jesus than the Christians?
(a) Because Jesus was a loner, like himself.
(b) Because they share the same birthday.
(c) Because Barabbas sees Jesus for who he really is.
(d) Because Jesus literally died in his place on the cross.
3. What does the red-bearded man do when he discovers that Barabbas has been eavesdropping?
(a) He stays.
(b) He glares at Barabbas.
(c) He ignores Barabbas and continues to talk to his friend.
(d) He yells at Barabbas.
4. What does Barabbas do before everyone leaves the low-vaulted room?
(a) He slips out unnoticed.
(b) He speaks to the hare-lipped girl.
(c) He eats bread and drinks wine.
(d) He speaks to the group.
5. What does Barabbas ask the woman who talks about the man on the cross?
(a) What type of crime was he accused of.
(b) What kinds of miracles he performed and sermons he delivered.
(c) Who his followers were.
(d) Where his body was laid and what was supposed to happen to it.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his first night after arriving in Jerusalem, what does Barabbas think about as he lies on his sleeping mat?
2. What do the believers begin to call Barabbas after he returns from his visit to the village on the mountain?
3. At the end of the evening, who is left with the Fat Woman?
4. Why would Barabbas normally avoid Golgotha?
5. Why does Barabbas feel uncomfortable with the group?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Barabbas' appearance.
2. Describe the hare-lipped girl.
3. Why doesn't Barabbas believe that Jesus could be the Son of God?
4. Describe what the characters do at the fat woman's house.
5. What does Barabbas notice about the people in Jerusalem the day after the crucifixion?
6. What happens during the Christians' meeting in the low-vaulted room?
7. What does the red-bearded man confess to Barabbas?
8. What does Barabbas tell the Christian when questioned about his visit to the resurrected man?
9. To what does the fat woman attribute Barabbas's odd behavior?
10. What does Barabbas give the hare-lipped girl at the fat woman's house?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)