|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Barabbas refer to the girl he meets in Jerusalem?
(a) The girl in Jerusalem.
(b) The girl with the hare-lip.
(c) The girl of his dream.
(d) The girl.
2. After Barabbas returns to the believers after his visit to the village on the mountain, what does he tell the believers?
(a) Jesus had no right to raise the believer from the dead.
(b) The man on the mountain is insane.
(c) Jesus did the right thing, but that doesn't make him the Son of God.
(d) The man on the mountain is posessed.
3. How does Barabbas react to the physical appearance of the believer he meets in the village on the mountain?
(a) He is repulsed.
(b) He is surprised.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is curious, yet cautious.
4. Where was Barabbas when the man on the cross was arrested?
(a) In prison, awaiting his own execution.
(b) On his way to Golgatha.
(c) In the marketplace.
(d) In front of the governor.
5. What did the hare-lipped girl not ask Jesus to do for her?
(a) Heal her deformed lip.
(b) Feed her.
(c) Make Barabbas love her.
(d) Make her wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barabbas look like?
2. When the book opens, where is Barabbas standing?
3. Barabbas overhears two men talking the day after the crucifixion; What does Barabbas think they are talking about?
4. Who greets Barabbas and the girl as they walk down the streets of Jerusalem?
5. Why does Barabbas feel uncomfortable with the group?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the other characters view the governor?
2. Describe the hare-lipped girl.
3. What does Barabbas think about as he lies awake next to the fat woman on his first night of freedom?
4. What does Barabbas notice about the people in Jerusalem the day after the crucifixion?
5. After his initial whipping, what does Barabbas do while Sahak prays?
6. What statement does the fat woman make that offends the hare-lipped girl?
7. Describe the one-eyed man.
8. Why doesn't Barabbas believe that Jesus could be the Son of God?
9. Describe Barabbas's search for Christians in Rome.
10. How does the governor view Barabbas?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)