|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Barabbas find in the low-vaulted room?
(a) The fat woman.
(b) A gathering of Christians.
(c) The remains of a shroud.
(d) A box.
2. What warning does the red-beaded man give the believers?
(a) Barabbas is a Roman spy.
(b) The blind man is a Roman spy.
(c) The Romans demand bribes.
(d) They might soon be persecuted.
3. What does the believer that Barabbas meets in the village on the mountain tell him?
(a) He does not remember his experience.
(b) He had been dead and was raised to be a witness for Jesus.
(c) Barabbas is a fool for not believing that Jesus is the Son of God.
(d) He wishes he were still dead.
4. What does Barabbas share with the believer he meets in the village on the mountain?
(a) A secret.
(b) A drink.
(c) A walk.
(d) A meal.
5. How well does Barabbas sleep during his first night after arriving in Jerusalem?
(a) He tosses and turns before eventually falling asleep.
(b) He immediately falls into a drunken slumber.
(c) He is unable to sleep.
(d) He sleeps for an hour, then suddenly awakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Barabbas overhears two men talking the day after the crucifixion; What does Barabbas think they are talking about?
2. What does the woman at the Fat Woman's house say about the man on the cross?
3. When the book opens, where is Barabbas standing?
4. Why doesn't Barabbas believe that the man on the cross is the Messiah?
5. What opinion does Barabbas give the red-bearded man about his feeling of guilt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the hare-lipped girl's meeting with Jesus.
2. Why doesn't Barabbas believe that Jesus could be the Son of God?
3. Why does Barabbas leave the red-beaded man?
4. What statement does the fat woman make that offends the hare-lipped girl?
5. What does Barabbas think about as he lies awake next to the fat woman on his first night of freedom?
6. Describe Barabbas' appearance.
7. What does the red-bearded man claim is the point of the crucifixion?
8. What does Barabbas spend most of his time doing in Jerusalem after the resurrection morning?
9. Describe the hare-lipped girl.
10. Describe Jesus as Barabbas sees him.
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)