|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the hare-lipped girl see at the tomb?
(a) An angel.
(b) The red-bearded man.
(d) Two Roman soldiers.
2. Why does Barabbas choose to attend the crucifixion?
(a) His friends encourage him to go.
(b) He wants to see the man who took his place.
(c) He is swept along with the crowd.
(d) He feels a strange power prompting him to attend the crucifixion.
3. What do the believers begin to call Barabbas after he returns from his visit to the village on the mountain?
(a) Barabbas the acquitted.
(b) Barabbas the doubter.
(c) Barabbas the thief.
(d) Barabbas the blessed.
4. Who greets Barabbas and the girl as they walk down the streets of Jerusalem?
(a) His friends.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) The child.
5. How does the fat woman feel about Barabbas?
(a) She claims to not care for him, but really loves him.
(b) She likes him when he pays for her services.
(c) She does not care for him and wishes he would go away.
(d) She is angry with him for walking with the hare-lipped girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which follower of Jesus is Barabbas invited to meet?
2. How does Barabbas react to the comments that the passing group of men make towards him and the red-beaded man?
3. Why does Barabbas feel uncomfortable with the group?
4. What does the hare-lipped girl believe will happen once the third day after the crucifixion has passed?
5. Whom does the red-bearded man and his group believe that the crucified man is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Barabbas' appearance.
2. Why doesn't Barabbas believe that Jesus could be the Son of God?
3. To what does the fat woman attribute Barabbas's odd behavior?
4. How do the characters react when the hill goes dark?
5. What does Barabbas tell the Christian when questioned about his visit to the resurrected man?
6. Describe the hare-lipped girl.
7. What does Barabbas notice about the people in Jerusalem the day after the crucifixion?
8. What statement does the fat woman make that offends the hare-lipped girl?
9. Describe Jesus as Barabbas sees him.
10. Describe the residents who live near the Dung Gate.
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)