|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barabbas note about the thief who was executed next to the man on the cross?
(a) He had been a good thief.
(b) He was a lazy thief.
(c) He was unlucky.
(d) That he deserved to die.
2. Where does Barabbas spend his first night after arriving in Jerusalem?
(a) At the Fat Woman's house.
(b) Under a fig tree.
(c) At a local inn.
(d) At his mother's house.
3. How does Barabbas refer to the girl he meets in Jerusalem?
(a) The girl with the hare-lip.
(b) The girl.
(c) The girl in Jerusalem.
(d) The girl of his dream.
4. What do the believers begin to call Barabbas after he returns from his visit to the village on the mountain?
(a) Barabbas the thief.
(b) Barabbas the acquitted.
(c) Barabbas the blessed.
(d) Barabbas the doubter.
5. What event does Barabbas deny seeing that the red-bearded man describes seeing on Golgotha.
(a) The darkness that covered the hill.
(b) The halo around Jesus.
(c) The frightened soldiers.
(d) The grieving mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event causes the soldiers near the cross to jump to their feet and grab their weapons?
2. What does Barabbas notice about the woman he believes is the mother of the man on the cross?
3. What comment does the fat woman make that offends the girl Barabbas meets in Jerusalem?
4. What do the men do after returning from their brief excursions?
5. Whom does the red-bearded man and his group believe that the crucified man is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Barabbas tell the Christian when questioned about his visit to the resurrected man?
2. What does Barabbas notice about the people in Jerusalem the day after the crucifixion?
3. Describe Barabbas' appearance.
4. Why does Barabbas feel he has a stronger bond with Jesus than the Christians?
5. Why does Barabbas leave the red-beaded man?
6. Describe the man that Barabbas meets who was resurrected from the dead.
7. What does Barabbas give the hare-lipped girl at the fat woman's house?
8. Describe the residents who live near the Dung Gate.
9. Describe hare-lipped girl's actions and thoughts on the resurrection morning.
10. How do the characters react when the hill goes dark?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)