|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the red-bearded man do when he discovers that Barabbas has been eavesdropping?
(a) He ignores Barabbas and continues to talk to his friend.
(b) He glares at Barabbas.
(c) He yells at Barabbas.
(d) He stays.
2. What does Barabbas notice about the woman he believes is the mother of the man on the cross?
(a) She seems unable to demonstrate the full depths of her grief.
(b) She cries and clings to a man who grieves for Jesus.
(c) She stares angrily at him.
(d) She looks older than her years.
3. Whom does Barabbas continue to seek out while he stays in Jerusalem?
(a) The followers of Jesus.
(b) The hare-lipped girl.
(c) The fat woman.
(d) The potter.
4. When does the red-bearded man believe that the Master will return?
(a) On the third day.
(c) The next day.
(d) At the end of time.
5. What does Barabbas do before everyone leaves the low-vaulted room?
(a) He speaks to the hare-lipped girl.
(b) He eats bread and drinks wine.
(c) He slips out unnoticed.
(d) He speaks to the group.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the book opens, where is Barabbas standing?
2. Which follower of Jesus is Barabbas invited to meet?
3. Why doesn't Barabbas believe that the man on the cross is the Messiah?
4. How does Barabbas react to the physical appearance of the believer he meets in the village on the mountain?
5. What does Barabbas look like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Barabbas spend most of his time doing in Jerusalem after the resurrection morning?
2. Why doesn't Barabbas believe that Jesus could be the Son of God?
3. Describe Jesus as Barabbas sees him.
4. Why does Barabbas leave the red-beaded man?
5. What does Barabbas notice about the people in Jerusalem the day after the crucifixion?
6. Describe Barabbas' appearance.
7. How does the fat woman react to Barabbas staying in Jerusalem?
8. What does the red-bearded man claim is the point of the crucifixion?
9. Describe Barabbas' actions and thoughts on the resurrection morning.
10. Describe the residents who live near the Dung Gate.
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)