|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose mother does Barabbas think about as he gazes towards the land of the Moabites?
(a) The hare-lipped girl's mother.
(b) His mother.
(c) Eliahu's mother.
(d) Jesus' mother.
2. Where does Barabbas tell Sahak that he had seen Jesus?
(a) In the tomb.
(b) On the cross at Golgotha.
(c) In Jerusalem.
(d) On the Mount of Olives.
3. How does Barabbas act towards his former friends after he buries the hare-lipped girl?
4. What observation does Barabbas make about prayer after Sahak's death?
(a) He has no one to pray to.
(b) God is always waiting.
(c) He will pray to all the gods.
(d) He cannot pray without Sahak.
5. When the band of thieves discover that Barabbas is missing, where do they search for him?
(a) Near the place where Eliahu died.
(b) Near the hare-lipped girl's grave.
(c) In the cave that was his old home.
(d) In Jerusalem.
6. What does Sahak talk to the overseer about when questioned about his prayer activities?
(a) His miracle.
(b) The harsh conditions in the mine.
(c) His wounded leg.
(d) God, Jesus, and the Christian faith.
7. What does Sahak show the one-eyed slave?
(a) The scar on his leg.
(b) An escape route.
(c) The inscription on the back of his medallion.
(d) His copy of the Scriptures.
8. Whom does Sahak claim he belongs to?
(c) No one.
9. How does Eliahu die?
(a) The Roman crucify him.
(b) The fat woman poisions him.
(c) The Christians stone him.
(d) Barbabbas hurls him off a cliff.
10. What information does Sahak reveal to the one-eyed slave?
(a) The world is about to end.
(b) God will return and that all slaves will be freed.
(c) Miracles are all around him.
(d) He and Barabbas are going to attempt escape.
11. What was significant about Eliahu's attack on Barabbas?
(a) It is his first murder.
(b) His friends think it made him a man.
(c) Eliahu had been his best friend.
(d) Eliahu is a Christian.
12. Who is ordered to throw the first stone during the hare-lipped girl's execution?
(a) The potter.
(b) The Pharisee.
(c) The blind man.
(d) The true believer.
13. Where do Barabbas and Sahak work after the spring plowing is complete?
(a) In the potter's shop.
(b) In the copper mine.
(c) In the governor's house.
(d) At the water wheels.
14. How does Sahak die?
(a) He is tortured and then crucified.
(b) He is drawn and quartered.
(c) He is pushed off a cliff.
(d) He starves to death beside the mill wheel.
15. Who releases Barabbas and Sahak from the mines?
(a) The overseer.
(b) Their owner.
(c) The red-bearded man.
(d) The Emperor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who might Barabbas have joined that hated the Jerusalem temple, priests and scribes?
2. What secret about Eliahu does no one know?
3. What was inscribed on the back of Sahak's slave medallion?
4. What does Sahak inscribe on the back of Barabbas' slave medallion?
5. After Barabbas stops praying, what does he do when Sahak prays?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)