|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the body of the murder victim discovered?
(a) The next day.
(b) Moments after the murder.
(c) Three days later.
(d) After the stoning is over.
2. What do Barabbas and Sahak speak of for the first few days above ground?
(a) The smell of the air.
(b) The hard work of plowing.
(c) The harsh overseer.
(d) Their miraculous escape from the mine.
3. How does Eliahu die?
(a) The Christians stone him.
(b) Barbabbas hurls him off a cliff.
(c) The Roman crucify him.
(d) The fat woman poisions him.
4. How does Barabbas act towards his former friends after he buries the hare-lipped girl?
5. What might Barabbas have been doing in Gerizim?
(a) Sacrificing a lamb on the Passover.
(b) Making clay pots.
(c) Praying at the temple.
(d) Languishing in jail.
6. What weapon does Barabbas use to kill the man by the stoning pit?
(a) A stone.
(b) A push.
(c) A thin rope.
(d) A knife.
7. Who might Barabbas have joined that hated the Jerusalem temple, priests and scribes?
(a) His old band of thieves.
(b) The Samaritans.
(c) The Moabites.
(d) The Pharisees.
8. Where is Barabbas sent after he is separated from Sahak?
(a) To Jerusalem.
(b) The mines.
(c) Back to the mill.
(d) The governor's household.
9. How does being above ground affect Barabbas and Sahak's relationship?
(a) They remain near each other, but are not as emotionally close.
(b) They talk often about their experiences.
(c) They grow closer as friends.
(d) They argue frequently.
10. What does the band of thieves do when they realize that Barabbas is nowhere to be found?
(a) They go back to their business.
(b) They travel north.
(c) They travel to Jerusalem to seek out the fat woman.
(d) They grieve his loss for three days.
11. Where do Barabbas and Sahak sleep at night?
(a) In the cave, near the mill.
(b) On low planks of wood outside the mine.
(c) Beside the smelting pit.
(d) Underground, in the mine.
12. What covers the grave of the hare-lipped girl?
(a) An old tree stump.
(b) A mound of rocks.
(c) A slab of rock.
(d) A pile of earth.
13. What does Barabbas think about as he carries the hare-lipped girl's body?
(a) Of murdering the Christians.
(b) Of a time when he told her he loved her.
(c) Of his own death.
(d) Of the fat woman.
14. Whom does Barabbas kill at the stoning pit?
(a) The blind man.
(b) The Pharisee.
(c) The potter.
(d) The true believer.
15. Where does the blind man sleep?
(a) In the low vaulted room.
(b) Behind the fat woman's house.
(c) At the Dung Gate near the hare-lipped girl.
(d) Behind the temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the band of thieves discover that Barabbas is missing, where do they search for him?
2. What was inscribed on the front of Sahak's slave medallion?
3. Who does Barabbas stay with after he buries the hare-lipped girl?
4. Whom does Sahak credit for their release?
5. Whose mother does Barabbas think about as he gazes towards the land of the Moabites?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)