|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was inscribed on the front of Sahak's slave medallion?
(a) The mark of the Roman state.
(b) The name of the mine owner.
(c) Symbols that represent Jesus' name.
(d) His own name, written in Hebrew.
2. When the band of thieves discover that Barabbas is missing, where do they search for him?
(a) Near the hare-lipped girl's grave.
(b) Near the place where Eliahu died.
(c) In Jerusalem.
(d) In the cave that was his old home.
3. What covers the grave of the hare-lipped girl?
(a) A mound of rocks.
(b) An old tree stump.
(c) A slab of rock.
(d) A pile of earth.
4. What does Sahak show the one-eyed slave?
(a) The inscription on the back of his medallion.
(b) His copy of the Scriptures.
(c) An escape route.
(d) The scar on his leg.
5. Why are Barabbas and Sahak called to the Roman governor's palace?
(a) To be punished for attempting to escape.
(b) To explain the inscription on the back of their medallions.
(c) To show the governor his scarred leg.
(d) To explain Sahak's claims about the end of the world.
6. What observation does Barabbas make about prayer after Sahak's death?
(a) He will pray to all the gods.
(b) He cannot pray without Sahak.
(c) He has no one to pray to.
(d) God is always waiting.
7. What was inscribed on the back of Sahak's slave medallion?
(a) Symbols that represent Jesus' name.
(b) The mark of the Roman state.
(c) A cross.
(d) The name of the mine owner.
8. Why does the one-eyed slave only have one eye?
(a) He was blinded by Eliahu.
(b) He was born half-blind.
(c) One of his eyes was gouged out as punishment for theft.
(d) One of his eyes was gouged out in a mill accident.
9. What might Barabbas have been doing in Lebanon?
(a) Languishing in jail.
(b) Making clay pots.
(c) Praying at the temple.
(d) Being cruel to the Christians.
10. What happened to Barabbas's mother after she gave birth to him?
(a) She left him with Eliahu.
(b) She died.
(c) She sailed to Egypt.
(d) She was taken captive by the Romans.
11. Who throws the first stone during the hare-lipped girl's execution?
(a) The blind man.
(b) The true believer.
(c) The potter.
(d) The Pharisee.
12. Where do Barabbas and Sahak sleep at night?
(a) In the cave, near the mill.
(b) On low planks of wood outside the mine.
(c) Beside the smelting pit.
(d) Underground, in the mine.
13. How do Barabbas and Sahak feel about their above ground work?
(a) They long for their freedom.
(b) They are indifferent; it is still slavery.
(c) They are happy to be in the fresh air.
(d) They dislike the harsh sunlight.
14. What does the blind man accuse the hare-lipped girl of?
15. What does the blind man find offensive about the hare-lipped girl?
(a) She is an unmarried woman seen walking with an unmarried man.
(b) She tell stories of the Son of God returning to heal the sick and create a new world.
(c) She should beg and take scraps like he does.
(d) She is physically ugly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Barabbas when he becomes a slave in a Roman governor's house?
2. What does the hare-lipped girl say before she dies?
3. What do the soldiers do once Sahak is dead?
4. What is in the hare-lipped girl's tomb?
5. Whom does Sahak claim he belongs to?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)