|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Barabbas credit for their release?
(a) The governor.
(b) The overseer.
2. What might Barabbas have been doing in Gerizim?
(a) Making clay pots.
(b) Languishing in jail.
(c) Sacrificing a lamb on the Passover.
(d) Praying at the temple.
3. When is the body of the murder victim discovered?
(a) Moments after the murder.
(b) Three days later.
(c) After the stoning is over.
(d) The next day.
4. Where is Barabbas sent after he is separated from Sahak?
(a) To Jerusalem.
(b) Back to the mill.
(c) The governor's household.
(d) The mines.
5. What explanation does Barabbas give the governor for having "Christos Iesus" inscribed on the back of his medallion?
(a) The medallion was inscribed when he got it.
(b) He belongs to Jesus.
(c) Sahak offered him food in return for the inscription.
(d) He wants to believe, but does not.
6. What information does Sahak reveal to the one-eyed slave?
(a) He and Barabbas are going to attempt escape.
(b) God will return and that all slaves will be freed.
(c) Miracles are all around him.
(d) The world is about to end.
7. How does Eliahu die?
(a) The Christians stone him.
(b) The fat woman poisions him.
(c) The Roman crucify him.
(d) Barbabbas hurls him off a cliff.
8. What do Barabbas and Sahak speak of for the first few days above ground?
(a) The harsh overseer.
(b) Their miraculous escape from the mine.
(c) The smell of the air.
(d) The hard work of plowing.
9. Where does Barabbas tell Sahak that he had seen Jesus?
(a) In Jerusalem.
(b) On the cross at Golgotha.
(c) On the Mount of Olives.
(d) In the tomb.
10. What happens to Sahak when he refuses to renounce his faith before the governor?
(a) He is whipped and chained to the mill wheel.
(b) He is led away to be executed.
(c) He is sent to the dungeon.
(d) He is beaten and sold to the mine owner.
11. How does Barabbas act towards his former friends after he buries the hare-lipped girl?
12. What was significant about Eliahu's attack on Barabbas?
(a) Eliahu had been his best friend.
(b) It is his first murder.
(c) His friends think it made him a man.
(d) Eliahu is a Christian.
13. What covers the grave of the hare-lipped girl?
(a) A slab of rock.
(b) A mound of rocks.
(c) A pile of earth.
(d) An old tree stump.
14. After Barabbas stops praying, what does he do when Sahak prays?
(a) Stands guard over Sahak.
(b) Keeps on working.
(d) Hums to cover the sound of Sahak's prayers.
15. Who is ordered to throw the first stone during the hare-lipped girl's execution?
(a) The blind man.
(b) The potter.
(c) The true believer.
(d) The Pharisee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was inscribed on the back of Sahak's slave medallion?
2. What does Sahak show the one-eyed slave?
3. Who does Barabbas stay with after he buries the hare-lipped girl?
4. Which spirit do the thieve believe might have possessed Barabbas and killed him?
5. What does Sahak talk to the overseer about when questioned about his prayer activities?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)