|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the overseer first whip Sahak?
(a) Because he is talking while he works.
(b) Because he is a Christian.
(c) Because he stopsworking to listen to Barabbas.
(d) Because he trips and overturns the cart.
2. What happened to Barabbas's mother after she gave birth to him?
(a) She died.
(b) She left him with Eliahu.
(c) She was taken captive by the Romans.
(d) She sailed to Egypt.
3. Where does Barabbas tell Sahak that he had seen Jesus?
(a) In the tomb.
(b) On the Mount of Olives.
(c) On the cross at Golgotha.
(d) In Jerusalem.
4. Who is the "great prophet" that Sahak refers to?
5. What was inscribed on the back of Sahak's slave medallion?
(a) A cross.
(b) The mark of the Roman state.
(c) The name of the mine owner.
(d) Symbols that represent Jesus' name.
6. What does the blind man accuse the hare-lipped girl of?
7. When is the body of the murder victim discovered?
(a) After the stoning is over.
(b) Three days later.
(c) The next day.
(d) Moments after the murder.
8. How is Barabbas connected to Sahak?
(a) By shackles.
(b) By first century handcuffs.
(c) They are not connected.
(d) By a long rope.
9. How does Eliahu die?
(a) The Christians stone him.
(b) The Roman crucify him.
(c) The fat woman poisions him.
(d) Barbabbas hurls him off a cliff.
10. What does the hare-lipped girl say before she dies?
(a) "Forgive me!"
(b) "He has come!"
11. What happens to Barabbas and Sahak after they are released from the mines?
(a) They part ways, but meet again at a Christian meeting.
(b) They work together in the fields.
(c) They walk to Jerusalem.
(d) They remain together for the rest of their lives.
12. Where do Barabbas and Sahak sleep at night?
(a) In the cave, near the mill.
(b) Underground, in the mine.
(c) On low planks of wood outside the mine.
(d) Beside the smelting pit.
13. What covers the grave of the hare-lipped girl?
(a) A slab of rock.
(b) A pile of earth.
(c) An old tree stump.
(d) A mound of rocks.
14. What does Barabbas mention to Sahak that sparks a conversation?
(a) He also received a miracle.
(b) He is a Hebrew.
(c) He knew Sahak's father.
(d) He is a Christian.
15. Whose testimony does Barabbas use when describing the resurrection to Sahak?
(a) His own experience, with a few details added.
(b) The potter's experience.
(c) The hare-lipped girl's experience.
(d) The red-bearded man's stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the blind man sleep?
2. After Barabbas stops praying, what does he do when Sahak prays?
3. What happens to Sahak when he refuses to renounce his faith before the governor?
4. What was significant about Eliahu's attack on Barabbas?
5. What does Barabbas allow the governor to do to his slave medallion?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)