|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Barabbas and Sahak after they are released from the mines?
(a) They walk to Jerusalem.
(b) They remain together for the rest of their lives.
(c) They part ways, but meet again at a Christian meeting.
(d) They work together in the fields.
2. Whose mother does Barabbas think about as he gazes towards the land of the Moabites?
(a) The hare-lipped girl's mother.
(b) Jesus' mother.
(c) Eliahu's mother.
(d) His mother.
3. When the band of thieves discover that Barabbas is missing, where do they search for him?
(a) In Jerusalem.
(b) Near the hare-lipped girl's grave.
(c) Near the place where Eliahu died.
(d) In the cave that was his old home.
4. What do the soldiers do once Sahak is dead?
(a) They slowly return to their duties.
(b) The kneel in prayer.
(c) They burn his body.
(d) They hurriedly leave the hill.
5. What was inscribed on the front of Sahak's slave medallion?
(a) The name of the mine owner.
(b) The mark of the Roman state.
(c) Symbols that represent Jesus' name.
(d) His own name, written in Hebrew.
6. Whom does Sahak credit for their release?
(a) The overseer.
(d) The governor.
7. When is the body of the murder victim discovered?
(a) Moments after the murder.
(b) The next day.
(c) After the stoning is over.
(d) Three days later.
8. What was significant about Eliahu's attack on Barabbas?
(a) Eliahu is a Christian.
(b) His friends think it made him a man.
(c) It is his first murder.
(d) Eliahu had been his best friend.
9. What does the band of thieves do when they realize that Barabbas is nowhere to be found?
(a) They grieve his loss for three days.
(b) They travel to Jerusalem to seek out the fat woman.
(c) They go back to their business.
(d) They travel north.
10. What explanation does Barabbas give the governor for having "Christos Iesus" inscribed on the back of his medallion?
(a) Sahak offered him food in return for the inscription.
(b) The medallion was inscribed when he got it.
(c) He belongs to Jesus.
(d) He wants to believe, but does not.
11. Whom does Barabbas credit for their release?
(c) The overseer.
(d) The governor.
12. What does Sahak inscribe on the back of Barabbas' slave medallion?
(a) A cross.
(b) Barabbas's name, written in Hebrew.
(c) A dove.
(d) Symbols that represent Jesus' name.
13. What happened to Barabbas's mother after she gave birth to him?
(a) She was taken captive by the Romans.
(b) She left him with Eliahu.
(c) She died.
(d) She sailed to Egypt.
14. How is Barabbas connected to Sahak?
(a) By a long rope.
(b) By shackles.
(c) They are not connected.
(d) By first century handcuffs.
15. Who is ordered to throw the first stone during the hare-lipped girl's execution?
(a) The potter.
(b) The Pharisee.
(c) The blind man.
(d) The true believer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barabbas think about as he carries the hare-lipped girl's body?
2. Whom does Barabbas kill at the stoning pit?
3. Where does the blind man sleep?
4. How did Barabbas meet the hare-lipped girl?
5. Who might Barabbas have joined that hated the Jerusalem temple, priests and scribes?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)