|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the band of thieves do when they realize that Barabbas is nowhere to be found?
(a) They grieve his loss for three days.
(b) They travel to Jerusalem to seek out the fat woman.
(c) They go back to their business.
(d) They travel north.
2. Who is the "great prophet" that Sahak refers to?
3. What weapon does Barabbas use to kill the man by the stoning pit?
(a) A thin rope.
(b) A knife.
(c) A stone.
(d) A push.
4. What religious philosophy does the overseer have?
(a) Worship the state that takes care of you.
(b) Worship all gods so none of them will be offended.
(c) Worship no one and worry about nothing.
(d) One God for all men.
5. What does the overseer do when he sees Sahak and Barabbas kneeling in prayer?
(a) He stares in surprise.
(b) He asks Sahak why they are praying.
(c) He prays silently.
(d) He whips them both.
6. What do the soldiers do once Sahak is dead?
(a) They hurriedly leave the hill.
(b) They slowly return to their duties.
(c) The kneel in prayer.
(d) They burn his body.
7. What does Barabbas allow the governor to do to his slave medallion?
(a) Melt it down.
(b) Scratch though Jesus' name.
(c) Write his own name above Jesus' name.
(d) Give him a new medallion.
8. Why does the one-eyed slave wear a wooden frame around his neck?
(a) As punishment for attempting escape.
(b) To help bear the weight of the sacks.
(c) To help turn the mill wheel.
(d) To prevent him from eating the flour.
9. What might Barabbas have been doing in Lebanon?
(a) Being cruel to the Christians.
(b) Languishing in jail.
(c) Praying at the temple.
(d) Making clay pots.
10. Where does Barabbas tell Sahak that he had seen Jesus?
(a) On the Mount of Olives.
(b) In Jerusalem.
(c) On the cross at Golgotha.
(d) In the tomb.
11. What do Barabbas and Sahak speak of for the first few days above ground?
(a) The hard work of plowing.
(b) Their miraculous escape from the mine.
(c) The harsh overseer.
(d) The smell of the air.
12. What does the hare-lipped girl say before she dies?
(a) "He has come!"
(b) "Forgive me!"
13. What do the other slaves in the mill wear?
(a) Slave uniforms.
(b) Plain linen robes.
(c) Leather jerkins.
14. How old is Barabbas when he becomes a slave in a Roman governor's house?
(a) In his mid thirties.
(b) In his early forties.
(c) Well into his fifties.
(d) In his late sixties.
15. What explanation does Barabbas give the governor for having "Christos Iesus" inscribed on the back of his medallion?
(a) He belongs to Jesus.
(b) The medallion was inscribed when he got it.
(c) He wants to believe, but does not.
(d) Sahak offered him food in return for the inscription.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barabbas think about as he carries the hare-lipped girl's body?
2. Which spirit do the thieve believe might have possessed Barabbas and killed him?
3. Whose testimony does Barabbas use when describing the resurrection to Sahak?
4. Who is ordered to throw the first stone during the hare-lipped girl's execution?
5. What covers the grave of the hare-lipped girl?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)