|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose mother does Barabbas think about as he gazes towards the land of the Moabites?
(a) Eliahu's mother.
(b) His mother.
(c) Jesus' mother.
(d) The hare-lipped girl's mother.
2. Whom does Sahak credit for their release?
(b) The governor.
(d) The overseer.
3. Whom does Barabbas kill at the stoning pit?
(a) The true believer.
(b) The blind man.
(c) The potter.
(d) The Pharisee.
4. What does the band of thieves do when they realize that Barabbas is nowhere to be found?
(a) They grieve his loss for three days.
(b) They travel to Jerusalem to seek out the fat woman.
(c) They travel north.
(d) They go back to their business.
5. What information does Sahak reveal to the one-eyed slave?
(a) Miracles are all around him.
(b) God will return and that all slaves will be freed.
(c) He and Barabbas are going to attempt escape.
(d) The world is about to end.
6. What does the blind man accuse the hare-lipped girl of?
7. What does Sahak inscribe on the back of Barabbas' slave medallion?
(a) Symbols that represent Jesus' name.
(b) A dove.
(c) A cross.
(d) Barabbas's name, written in Hebrew.
8. What might Barabbas have been doing in Lebanon?
(a) Making clay pots.
(b) Being cruel to the Christians.
(c) Languishing in jail.
(d) Praying at the temple.
9. Where does the blind man sleep?
(a) Behind the temple.
(b) Behind the fat woman's house.
(c) In the low vaulted room.
(d) At the Dung Gate near the hare-lipped girl.
10. Where does Barabbas tell Sahak that he had seen Jesus?
(a) On the Mount of Olives.
(b) In the tomb.
(c) In Jerusalem.
(d) On the cross at Golgotha.
11. What does the overseer do when he sees Sahak and Barabbas kneeling in prayer?
(a) He stares in surprise.
(b) He whips them both.
(c) He prays silently.
(d) He asks Sahak why they are praying.
12. How did Barabbas meet the hare-lipped girl?
(a) Her father was a thief.
(b) He captured her on a raid.
(c) At the fat woman's house.
(d) She cared for him when his leg was wounded.
13. Who throws the first stone during the hare-lipped girl's execution?
(a) The Pharisee.
(b) The blind man.
(c) The true believer.
(d) The potter.
14. Where does Barabbas carry the hare-lipped girl's body?
(a) To the fat woman's house.
(b) Past Jericho and into Judah.
(c) Through the Desert of Judah to the land of the Moabites.
(d) To the Red Sea.
15. How do Barabbas and Sahak feel about their above ground work?
(a) They long for their freedom.
(b) They are happy to be in the fresh air.
(c) They are indifferent; it is still slavery.
(d) They dislike the harsh sunlight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Barabbas and Sahak work after the spring plowing is complete?
2. What might Barabbas have been doing in Gerizim?
3. What does Barabbas allow the governor to do to his slave medallion?
4. What was inscribed on the front of Sahak's slave medallion?
5. Where is Barabbas sent after he is separated from Sahak?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)