|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Barabbas and Sahak speak of for the first few days above ground?
(a) The smell of the air.
(b) The hard work of plowing.
(c) The harsh overseer.
(d) Their miraculous escape from the mine.
2. How did Barabbas meet the hare-lipped girl?
(a) At the fat woman's house.
(b) He captured her on a raid.
(c) She cared for him when his leg was wounded.
(d) Her father was a thief.
3. What does the hare-lipped girl say before she dies?
(c) "He has come!"
(d) "Forgive me!"
4. Whom does Sahak claim he belongs to?
(b) No one.
5. Where is Barabbas sent after he is separated from Sahak?
(a) To Jerusalem.
(b) The governor's household.
(c) Back to the mill.
(d) The mines.
6. Who enrages Barabbas so much that he ferociously desecrates dead bodies?
(a) The temple guards.
(b) The Pharisees.
(d) The fat woman.
7. Where do Barabbas and Sahak work after the spring plowing is complete?
(a) In the copper mine.
(b) At the water wheels.
(c) In the potter's shop.
(d) In the governor's house.
8. How is Barabbas connected to Sahak?
(a) By shackles.
(b) By a long rope.
(c) By first century handcuffs.
(d) They are not connected.
9. What does Sahak show the one-eyed slave?
(a) His copy of the Scriptures.
(b) The scar on his leg.
(c) An escape route.
(d) The inscription on the back of his medallion.
10. After Barabbas stops praying, what does he do when Sahak prays?
(a) Stands guard over Sahak.
(b) Keeps on working.
(c) Hums to cover the sound of Sahak's prayers.
11. What covers the grave of the hare-lipped girl?
(a) A mound of rocks.
(b) A pile of earth.
(c) An old tree stump.
(d) A slab of rock.
12. What does Barabbas do once Sahak is dead?
(a) He falls to his knees.
(b) He cries out to God.
(c) He stabs the soldiers.
(d) He weeps in private.
13. Why does the overseer first whip Sahak?
(a) Because he trips and overturns the cart.
(b) Because he is talking while he works.
(c) Because he is a Christian.
(d) Because he stopsworking to listen to Barabbas.
14. Where do Barabbas and Sahak sleep at night?
(a) On low planks of wood outside the mine.
(b) Underground, in the mine.
(c) In the cave, near the mill.
(d) Beside the smelting pit.
15. What does Barabbas think about as he carries the hare-lipped girl's body?
(a) Of his own death.
(b) Of a time when he told her he loved her.
(c) Of the fat woman.
(d) Of murdering the Christians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Barabbas been before he becomes a slave in a Roman governor's house?
2. Who releases Barabbas and Sahak from the mines?
3. What does Sahak inscribe on the back of Barabbas' slave medallion?
4. When is the body of the murder victim discovered?
5. What mark does Eliahu's attack leave on Barabbas?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)