|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Barabbas and Sahak feel about their above ground work?
(a) They are indifferent; it is still slavery.
(b) They are happy to be in the fresh air.
(c) They dislike the harsh sunlight.
(d) They long for their freedom.
2. What does Barabbas allow the governor to do to his slave medallion?
(a) Write his own name above Jesus' name.
(b) Give him a new medallion.
(c) Melt it down.
(d) Scratch though Jesus' name.
3. What happens to Sahak when he refuses to renounce his faith before the governor?
(a) He is whipped and chained to the mill wheel.
(b) He is led away to be executed.
(c) He is beaten and sold to the mine owner.
(d) He is sent to the dungeon.
4. What religious philosophy does the overseer have?
(a) Worship all gods so none of them will be offended.
(b) Worship no one and worry about nothing.
(c) Worship the state that takes care of you.
(d) One God for all men.
5. Why does the one-eyed slave wear a wooden frame around his neck?
(a) To help bear the weight of the sacks.
(b) To prevent him from eating the flour.
(c) As punishment for attempting escape.
(d) To help turn the mill wheel.
6. What does the one-eyed slave wear?
(b) A bracelet.
(c) A Roman robe.
(d) A loin cloth.
7. Where does Barabbas carry the hare-lipped girl's body?
(a) To the Red Sea.
(b) Past Jericho and into Judah.
(c) To the fat woman's house.
(d) Through the Desert of Judah to the land of the Moabites.
8. How old is Barabbas when he becomes a slave in a Roman governor's house?
(a) In his early forties.
(b) In his late sixties.
(c) In his mid thirties.
(d) Well into his fifties.
9. What does the hare-lipped girl say before she dies?
(a) "Forgive me!"
(d) "He has come!"
10. What mark does Eliahu's attack leave on Barabbas?
(a) A pain in his side.
(b) A wound on his leg.
(c) A mark of his hands.
(d) The scar on his cheek.
11. How does Barabbas act towards his former friends after he buries the hare-lipped girl?
12. What do the other slaves in the mill wear?
(a) Slave uniforms.
(b) Leather jerkins.
(d) Plain linen robes.
13. What do the soldiers do once Sahak is dead?
(a) They slowly return to their duties.
(b) They hurriedly leave the hill.
(c) The kneel in prayer.
(d) They burn his body.
14. What observation does Barabbas make about prayer after Sahak's death?
(a) He cannot pray without Sahak.
(b) He has no one to pray to.
(c) God is always waiting.
(d) He will pray to all the gods.
15. Whom does Barabbas kill at the stoning pit?
(a) The Pharisee.
(b) The blind man.
(c) The potter.
(d) The true believer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which spirit do the thieve believe might have possessed Barabbas and killed him?
2. What does Barabbas mention to Sahak that sparks a conversation?
3. What was inscribed on the back of Sahak's slave medallion?
4. What covers the grave of the hare-lipped girl?
5. What was inscribed on the front of Sahak's slave medallion?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)