|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is ordered to throw the first stone during the hare-lipped girl's execution?
(a) The true believer.
(b) The potter.
(c) The blind man.
(d) The Pharisee.
2. What type of work do Barabbas and Sahak perform above ground?
(a) They are harnessed together to pull a plow.
(b) They work in the potter's shop.
(c) They carry grain into the storehouse.
(d) They pull sleds of logs.
3. Why does Sahak believe he had been the recipient of a miracle?
(a) Because he had been moved from the furnaces to the mine.
(b) Because his father had been blind.
(c) Because his lame leg had been healed.
(d) Because he had been spared from crucifixion.
4. Who throws the first stone during the hare-lipped girl's execution?
(a) The blind man.
(b) The Pharisee.
(c) The true believer.
(d) The potter.
5. What religious philosophy does the overseer have?
(a) One God for all men.
(b) Worship all gods so none of them will be offended.
(c) Worship the state that takes care of you.
(d) Worship no one and worry about nothing.
6. How do Barabbas and Sahak feel about their above ground work?
(a) They are indifferent; it is still slavery.
(b) They dislike the harsh sunlight.
(c) They long for their freedom.
(d) They are happy to be in the fresh air.
7. Where do Barabbas and Sahak sleep at night?
(a) Underground, in the mine.
(b) Beside the smelting pit.
(c) On low planks of wood outside the mine.
(d) In the cave, near the mill.
8. What does the band of thieves do when they realize that Barabbas is nowhere to be found?
(a) They grieve his loss for three days.
(b) They travel north.
(c) They go back to their business.
(d) They travel to Jerusalem to seek out the fat woman.
9. Who enrages Barabbas so much that he ferociously desecrates dead bodies?
(a) The temple guards.
(b) The fat woman.
(c) The Pharisees.
10. How did Barabbas meet the hare-lipped girl?
(a) At the fat woman's house.
(b) Her father was a thief.
(c) He captured her on a raid.
(d) She cared for him when his leg was wounded.
11. Where is Barabbas sent after he is separated from Sahak?
(a) The mines.
(b) The governor's household.
(c) Back to the mill.
(d) To Jerusalem.
12. What might Barabbas have been doing in Gerizim?
(a) Languishing in jail.
(b) Making clay pots.
(c) Praying at the temple.
(d) Sacrificing a lamb on the Passover.
13. What was inscribed on the back of Sahak's slave medallion?
(a) The name of the mine owner.
(b) Symbols that represent Jesus' name.
(c) The mark of the Roman state.
(d) A cross.
14. Why does the one-eyed slave only have one eye?
(a) He was born half-blind.
(b) One of his eyes was gouged out in a mill accident.
(c) He was blinded by Eliahu.
(d) One of his eyes was gouged out as punishment for theft.
15. How does Barabbas act towards his former friends after he buries the hare-lipped girl?
Short Answer Questions
1. What might Barabbas have been doing in Lebanon?
2. What information does Sahak reveal to the one-eyed slave?
3. What does Barabbas do the night after the stoning?
4. What happens to Sahak when he refuses to renounce his faith before the governor?
5. What covers the grave of the hare-lipped girl?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)