|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Barabbas and Sahak called to the Roman governor's palace?
(a) To show the governor his scarred leg.
(b) To explain Sahak's claims about the end of the world.
(c) To be punished for attempting to escape.
(d) To explain the inscription on the back of their medallions.
2. Where do Barabbas and Sahak sleep at night?
(a) In the cave, near the mill.
(b) Beside the smelting pit.
(c) On low planks of wood outside the mine.
(d) Underground, in the mine.
3. What is in the hare-lipped girl's tomb?
(a) The body of her stillborn child.
(c) A shroud.
(d) The bones of her father and mother.
4. What might Barabbas have been doing in Lebanon?
(a) Languishing in jail.
(b) Being cruel to the Christians.
(c) Praying at the temple.
(d) Making clay pots.
5. Where does Barabbas tell Sahak that he had seen Jesus?
(a) On the Mount of Olives.
(b) On the cross at Golgotha.
(c) In Jerusalem.
(d) In the tomb.
6. Where is Barabbas sent after he is separated from Sahak?
(a) The mines.
(b) The governor's household.
(c) Back to the mill.
(d) To Jerusalem.
7. What does the blind man accuse the hare-lipped girl of?
8. What does Barabbas allow the governor to do to his slave medallion?
(a) Give him a new medallion.
(b) Melt it down.
(c) Write his own name above Jesus' name.
(d) Scratch though Jesus' name.
9. What does the band of thieves do when they realize that Barabbas is nowhere to be found?
(a) They grieve his loss for three days.
(b) They go back to their business.
(c) They travel to Jerusalem to seek out the fat woman.
(d) They travel north.
10. Who is the "great prophet" that Sahak refers to?
11. Where does the blind man sleep?
(a) In the low vaulted room.
(b) Behind the temple.
(c) Behind the fat woman's house.
(d) At the Dung Gate near the hare-lipped girl.
12. What does Sahak talk to the overseer about when questioned about his prayer activities?
(a) His miracle.
(b) God, Jesus, and the Christian faith.
(c) The harsh conditions in the mine.
(d) His wounded leg.
13. What does Barabbas think about as he carries the hare-lipped girl's body?
(a) Of the fat woman.
(b) Of his own death.
(c) Of a time when he told her he loved her.
(d) Of murdering the Christians.
14. What mark does Eliahu's attack leave on Barabbas?
(a) A mark of his hands.
(b) A pain in his side.
(c) A wound on his leg.
(d) The scar on his cheek.
15. What does the overseer do when he sees Sahak and Barabbas kneeling in prayer?
(a) He stares in surprise.
(b) He prays silently.
(c) He asks Sahak why they are praying.
(d) He whips them both.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Barabbas kill at the stoning pit?
2. What does the hare-lipped girl say before she dies?
3. How did Barabbas meet the hare-lipped girl?
4. What do the other slaves in the mill wear?
5. What do the soldiers do once Sahak is dead?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)