|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the band of thieves do when they realize that Barabbas is nowhere to be found?
(a) They go back to their business.
(b) They grieve his loss for three days.
(c) They travel to Jerusalem to seek out the fat woman.
(d) They travel north.
2. When the band of thieves discover that Barabbas is missing, where do they search for him?
(a) Near the hare-lipped girl's grave.
(b) Near the place where Eliahu died.
(c) In the cave that was his old home.
(d) In Jerusalem.
3. Whom does Barabbas credit for their release?
(b) The overseer.
(d) The governor.
4. What type of work do Barabbas and Sahak perform above ground?
(a) They work in the potter's shop.
(b) They carry grain into the storehouse.
(c) They pull sleds of logs.
(d) They are harnessed together to pull a plow.
5. Why does the overseer first whip Sahak?
(a) Because he is a Christian.
(b) Because he trips and overturns the cart.
(c) Because he stopsworking to listen to Barabbas.
(d) Because he is talking while he works.
6. Why does the one-eyed slave only have one eye?
(a) He was born half-blind.
(b) He was blinded by Eliahu.
(c) One of his eyes was gouged out in a mill accident.
(d) One of his eyes was gouged out as punishment for theft.
7. What religious philosophy does the overseer have?
(a) Worship the state that takes care of you.
(b) Worship no one and worry about nothing.
(c) Worship all gods so none of them will be offended.
(d) One God for all men.
8. What does Barabbas think about as he carries the hare-lipped girl's body?
(a) Of his own death.
(b) Of murdering the Christians.
(c) Of the fat woman.
(d) Of a time when he told her he loved her.
9. What does Barabbas mention to Sahak that sparks a conversation?
(a) He knew Sahak's father.
(b) He is a Hebrew.
(c) He is a Christian.
(d) He also received a miracle.
10. Whom does Barabbas kill at the stoning pit?
(a) The blind man.
(b) The Pharisee.
(c) The potter.
(d) The true believer.
11. Which spirit do the thieve believe might have possessed Barabbas and killed him?
(a) Eliahu's spirit.
(b) Jesus' spirit.
(c) The Roman guard's spirit.
(d) The hare-lipped girl's spirit.
12. How does Eliahu die?
(a) Barbabbas hurls him off a cliff.
(b) The Christians stone him.
(c) The fat woman poisions him.
(d) The Roman crucify him.
13. Where does the blind man sleep?
(a) At the Dung Gate near the hare-lipped girl.
(b) Behind the fat woman's house.
(c) In the low vaulted room.
(d) Behind the temple.
14. How is Barabbas connected to Sahak?
(a) By shackles.
(b) By first century handcuffs.
(c) By a long rope.
(d) They are not connected.
15. Where is Barabbas sent after he is separated from Sahak?
(a) The governor's household.
(b) Back to the mill.
(c) The mines.
(d) To Jerusalem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the hare-lipped girl's tomb?
2. Who does Barabbas stay with after he buries the hare-lipped girl?
3. What does the blind man find offensive about the hare-lipped girl?
4. What was inscribed on the front of Sahak's slave medallion?
5. Whom does Sahak credit for their release?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)