|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the band of thieves discover that Barabbas is missing, where do they search for him?
(a) Near the hare-lipped girl's grave.
(b) Near the place where Eliahu died.
(c) In Jerusalem.
(d) In the cave that was his old home.
2. Where is Barabbas sent after he is separated from Sahak?
(a) Back to the mill.
(b) The governor's household.
(c) The mines.
(d) To Jerusalem.
3. Why are Barabbas and Sahak called to the Roman governor's palace?
(a) To explain the inscription on the back of their medallions.
(b) To show the governor his scarred leg.
(c) To be punished for attempting to escape.
(d) To explain Sahak's claims about the end of the world.
4. Who throws the first stone during the hare-lipped girl's execution?
(a) The blind man.
(b) The potter.
(c) The Pharisee.
(d) The true believer.
5. What does the blind man find offensive about the hare-lipped girl?
(a) She is physically ugly.
(b) She tell stories of the Son of God returning to heal the sick and create a new world.
(c) She should beg and take scraps like he does.
(d) She is an unmarried woman seen walking with an unmarried man.
6. Whom does Barabbas credit for their release?
(a) The governor.
(d) The overseer.
7. What explanation does Barabbas give the governor for having "Christos Iesus" inscribed on the back of his medallion?
(a) The medallion was inscribed when he got it.
(b) Sahak offered him food in return for the inscription.
(c) He belongs to Jesus.
(d) He wants to believe, but does not.
8. What does Barabbas think about as he carries the hare-lipped girl's body?
(a) Of his own death.
(b) Of the fat woman.
(c) Of a time when he told her he loved her.
(d) Of murdering the Christians.
9. Why does the overseer first whip Sahak?
(a) Because he stopsworking to listen to Barabbas.
(b) Because he is a Christian.
(c) Because he is talking while he works.
(d) Because he trips and overturns the cart.
10. Where does Barabbas carry the hare-lipped girl's body?
(a) Through the Desert of Judah to the land of the Moabites.
(b) To the Red Sea.
(c) Past Jericho and into Judah.
(d) To the fat woman's house.
11. What information does Sahak reveal to the one-eyed slave?
(a) The world is about to end.
(b) Miracles are all around him.
(c) God will return and that all slaves will be freed.
(d) He and Barabbas are going to attempt escape.
12. Whom does Sahak claim he belongs to?
(a) No one.
13. After Barabbas stops praying, what does he do when Sahak prays?
(b) Keeps on working.
(c) Hums to cover the sound of Sahak's prayers.
(d) Stands guard over Sahak.
14. Where does the blind man sleep?
(a) In the low vaulted room.
(b) Behind the fat woman's house.
(c) Behind the temple.
(d) At the Dung Gate near the hare-lipped girl.
15. What do Barabbas and Sahak speak of for the first few days above ground?
(a) The smell of the air.
(b) Their miraculous escape from the mine.
(c) The harsh overseer.
(d) The hard work of plowing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sahak talk to the overseer about when questioned about his prayer activities?
2. What does Barabbas do once Sahak is dead?
3. How do Barabbas and Sahak feel about their above ground work?
4. How old is Barabbas when he becomes a slave in a Roman governor's house?
5. What was inscribed on the back of Sahak's slave medallion?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)