|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the overseer first whip Sahak?
(a) Because he stopsworking to listen to Barabbas.
(b) Because he is a Christian.
(c) Because he is talking while he works.
(d) Because he trips and overturns the cart.
2. What does the blind man find offensive about the hare-lipped girl?
(a) She tell stories of the Son of God returning to heal the sick and create a new world.
(b) She should beg and take scraps like he does.
(c) She is physically ugly.
(d) She is an unmarried woman seen walking with an unmarried man.
3. What might Barabbas have been doing in Lebanon?
(a) Being cruel to the Christians.
(b) Praying at the temple.
(c) Making clay pots.
(d) Languishing in jail.
4. What does Barabbas do the night after the stoning?
(a) He gets drunk and lays with the fat woman.
(b) He murders the blind man before leaving town.
(c) He cries at the red-bearded man's house.
(d) He retrieves the hare-lipped girl's body from the pit.
5. How does being above ground affect Barabbas and Sahak's relationship?
(a) They argue frequently.
(b) They remain near each other, but are not as emotionally close.
(c) They grow closer as friends.
(d) They talk often about their experiences.
6. What happens to Sahak when he refuses to renounce his faith before the governor?
(a) He is sent to the dungeon.
(b) He is whipped and chained to the mill wheel.
(c) He is led away to be executed.
(d) He is beaten and sold to the mine owner.
7. Why does Sahak believe he had been the recipient of a miracle?
(a) Because he had been spared from crucifixion.
(b) Because his father had been blind.
(c) Because he had been moved from the furnaces to the mine.
(d) Because his lame leg had been healed.
8. Where do Barabbas and Sahak sleep at night?
(a) On low planks of wood outside the mine.
(b) Underground, in the mine.
(c) Beside the smelting pit.
(d) In the cave, near the mill.
9. Where does Barabbas tell Sahak that he had seen Jesus?
(a) In Jerusalem.
(b) In the tomb.
(c) On the Mount of Olives.
(d) On the cross at Golgotha.
10. Whose testimony does Barabbas use when describing the resurrection to Sahak?
(a) The potter's experience.
(b) His own experience, with a few details added.
(c) The hare-lipped girl's experience.
(d) The red-bearded man's stories.
11. Whom does Barabbas credit for their release?
(b) The governor.
(d) The overseer.
12. What do the other slaves in the mill wear?
(a) Plain linen robes.
(b) Leather jerkins.
(d) Slave uniforms.
13. What does the band of thieves do when they realize that Barabbas is nowhere to be found?
(a) They go back to their business.
(b) They travel north.
(c) They travel to Jerusalem to seek out the fat woman.
(d) They grieve his loss for three days.
14. Whom does Sahak credit for their release?
(a) The governor.
(d) The overseer.
15. How does Barabbas act towards his former friends after he buries the hare-lipped girl?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Barabbas stay with after he buries the hare-lipped girl?
2. What was inscribed on the front of Sahak's slave medallion?
3. How old is Barabbas when he becomes a slave in a Roman governor's house?
4. What mark does Eliahu's attack leave on Barabbas?
5. How do Barabbas and Sahak feel about their above ground work?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)