|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sahak die?
(a) He is drawn and quartered.
(b) He is tortured and then crucified.
(c) He starves to death beside the mill wheel.
(d) He is pushed off a cliff.
2. Who is ordered to throw the first stone during the hare-lipped girl's execution?
(a) The blind man.
(b) The Pharisee.
(c) The potter.
(d) The true believer.
3. Where is Barabbas sent after he is separated from Sahak?
(a) To Jerusalem.
(b) The mines.
(c) The governor's household.
(d) Back to the mill.
4. When the band of thieves discover that Barabbas is missing, where do they search for him?
(a) In Jerusalem.
(b) Near the place where Eliahu died.
(c) In the cave that was his old home.
(d) Near the hare-lipped girl's grave.
5. What do the soldiers do once Sahak is dead?
(a) The kneel in prayer.
(b) They hurriedly leave the hill.
(c) They slowly return to their duties.
(d) They burn his body.
6. Why does the overseer first whip Sahak?
(a) Because he is a Christian.
(b) Because he stopsworking to listen to Barabbas.
(c) Because he is talking while he works.
(d) Because he trips and overturns the cart.
7. What does the hare-lipped girl say before she dies?
(a) "Forgive me!"
(d) "He has come!"
8. What is in the hare-lipped girl's tomb?
(a) A shroud.
(c) The body of her stillborn child.
(d) The bones of her father and mother.
9. How do Barabbas and Sahak feel about their above ground work?
(a) They dislike the harsh sunlight.
(b) They are indifferent; it is still slavery.
(c) They long for their freedom.
(d) They are happy to be in the fresh air.
10. When is the body of the murder victim discovered?
(a) After the stoning is over.
(b) Three days later.
(c) The next day.
(d) Moments after the murder.
11. What religious philosophy does the overseer have?
(a) Worship all gods so none of them will be offended.
(b) Worship the state that takes care of you.
(c) One God for all men.
(d) Worship no one and worry about nothing.
12. What happens to Barabbas and Sahak after they are released from the mines?
(a) They part ways, but meet again at a Christian meeting.
(b) They walk to Jerusalem.
(c) They work together in the fields.
(d) They remain together for the rest of their lives.
13. What does the one-eyed slave wear?
(a) A bracelet.
(b) A loin cloth.
(d) A Roman robe.
14. What explanation does Barabbas give the governor for having "Christos Iesus" inscribed on the back of his medallion?
(a) He wants to believe, but does not.
(b) Sahak offered him food in return for the inscription.
(c) The medallion was inscribed when he got it.
(d) He belongs to Jesus.
15. What do the other slaves in the mill wear?
(b) Slave uniforms.
(c) Leather jerkins.
(d) Plain linen robes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the "great prophet" that Sahak refers to?
2. What was inscribed on the back of Sahak's slave medallion?
3. How does Barabbas act towards his former friends after he buries the hare-lipped girl?
4. Where do Barabbas and Sahak sleep at night?
5. How does Eliahu die?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)