|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the band of thieves discover that Barabbas is missing, where do they search for him?
(a) In Jerusalem.
(b) In the cave that was his old home.
(c) Near the hare-lipped girl's grave.
(d) Near the place where Eliahu died.
2. Where has Barabbas been before he becomes a slave in a Roman governor's house?
(a) In Jerusalem.
(b) In the copper mines.
(c) On his way to Samaria.
(d) In the smelting pit.
3. Who is ordered to throw the first stone during the hare-lipped girl's execution?
(a) The potter.
(b) The blind man.
(c) The true believer.
(d) The Pharisee.
4. Why does the overseer first whip Sahak?
(a) Because he is a Christian.
(b) Because he stopsworking to listen to Barabbas.
(c) Because he trips and overturns the cart.
(d) Because he is talking while he works.
5. Why does Sahak believe he had been the recipient of a miracle?
(a) Because he had been spared from crucifixion.
(b) Because his father had been blind.
(c) Because he had been moved from the furnaces to the mine.
(d) Because his lame leg had been healed.
6. Why does the one-eyed slave only have one eye?
(a) One of his eyes was gouged out as punishment for theft.
(b) He was born half-blind.
(c) One of his eyes was gouged out in a mill accident.
(d) He was blinded by Eliahu.
7. What covers the grave of the hare-lipped girl?
(a) A pile of earth.
(b) A mound of rocks.
(c) A slab of rock.
(d) An old tree stump.
8. Why are Barabbas and Sahak called to the Roman governor's palace?
(a) To explain Sahak's claims about the end of the world.
(b) To show the governor his scarred leg.
(c) To explain the inscription on the back of their medallions.
(d) To be punished for attempting to escape.
9. What does Barabbas do once Sahak is dead?
(a) He cries out to God.
(b) He stabs the soldiers.
(c) He weeps in private.
(d) He falls to his knees.
10. What does the band of thieves do when they realize that Barabbas is nowhere to be found?
(a) They travel north.
(b) They grieve his loss for three days.
(c) They travel to Jerusalem to seek out the fat woman.
(d) They go back to their business.
11. What do the soldiers do once Sahak is dead?
(a) They burn his body.
(b) They slowly return to their duties.
(c) The kneel in prayer.
(d) They hurriedly leave the hill.
12. What does Sahak talk to the overseer about when questioned about his prayer activities?
(a) His miracle.
(b) The harsh conditions in the mine.
(c) His wounded leg.
(d) God, Jesus, and the Christian faith.
13. Where does Barabbas tell Sahak that he had seen Jesus?
(a) On the cross at Golgotha.
(b) In the tomb.
(c) On the Mount of Olives.
(d) In Jerusalem.
14. Why does the one-eyed slave wear a wooden frame around his neck?
(a) To prevent him from eating the flour.
(b) To help turn the mill wheel.
(c) To help bear the weight of the sacks.
(d) As punishment for attempting escape.
15. Which spirit do the thieve believe might have possessed Barabbas and killed him?
(a) The Roman guard's spirit.
(b) Jesus' spirit.
(c) Eliahu's spirit.
(d) The hare-lipped girl's spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religious philosophy does the overseer have?
2. How old is Barabbas when he becomes a slave in a Roman governor's house?
3. Who throws the first stone during the hare-lipped girl's execution?
4. What does the overseer do when he sees Sahak and Barabbas kneeling in prayer?
5. How is Barabbas connected to Sahak?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)