|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sahak show the one-eyed slave?
(a) His copy of the Scriptures.
(b) The inscription on the back of his medallion.
(c) An escape route.
(d) The scar on his leg.
2. What religious philosophy does the overseer have?
(a) Worship no one and worry about nothing.
(b) One God for all men.
(c) Worship all gods so none of them will be offended.
(d) Worship the state that takes care of you.
3. Who is ordered to throw the first stone during the hare-lipped girl's execution?
(a) The blind man.
(b) The true believer.
(c) The potter.
(d) The Pharisee.
4. What happened to Barabbas's mother after she gave birth to him?
(a) She sailed to Egypt.
(b) She left him with Eliahu.
(c) She was taken captive by the Romans.
(d) She died.
5. What does the band of thieves do when they realize that Barabbas is nowhere to be found?
(a) They travel north.
(b) They go back to their business.
(c) They travel to Jerusalem to seek out the fat woman.
(d) They grieve his loss for three days.
6. Why does Sahak believe he had been the recipient of a miracle?
(a) Because he had been spared from crucifixion.
(b) Because he had been moved from the furnaces to the mine.
(c) Because his lame leg had been healed.
(d) Because his father had been blind.
7. What does Barabbas mention to Sahak that sparks a conversation?
(a) He is a Hebrew.
(b) He also received a miracle.
(c) He knew Sahak's father.
(d) He is a Christian.
8. What does Barabbas do the night after the stoning?
(a) He cries at the red-bearded man's house.
(b) He gets drunk and lays with the fat woman.
(c) He retrieves the hare-lipped girl's body from the pit.
(d) He murders the blind man before leaving town.
9. What observation does Barabbas make about prayer after Sahak's death?
(a) He has no one to pray to.
(b) He will pray to all the gods.
(c) God is always waiting.
(d) He cannot pray without Sahak.
10. After Barabbas stops praying, what does he do when Sahak prays?
(a) Hums to cover the sound of Sahak's prayers.
(c) Stands guard over Sahak.
(d) Keeps on working.
11. What covers the grave of the hare-lipped girl?
(a) A pile of earth.
(b) An old tree stump.
(c) A mound of rocks.
(d) A slab of rock.
12. What does the one-eyed slave wear?
(a) A loin cloth.
(c) A bracelet.
(d) A Roman robe.
13. Where does Barabbas tell Sahak that he had seen Jesus?
(a) On the cross at Golgotha.
(b) On the Mount of Olives.
(c) In the tomb.
(d) In Jerusalem.
14. How do Barabbas and Sahak feel about their above ground work?
(a) They are indifferent; it is still slavery.
(b) They dislike the harsh sunlight.
(c) They are happy to be in the fresh air.
(d) They long for their freedom.
15. Why does the one-eyed slave wear a wooden frame around his neck?
(a) To help turn the mill wheel.
(b) As punishment for attempting escape.
(c) To prevent him from eating the flour.
(d) To help bear the weight of the sacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Barabbas credit for their release?
2. What does Sahak talk to the overseer about when questioned about his prayer activities?
3. Who might Barabbas have joined that hated the Jerusalem temple, priests and scribes?
4. Where has Barabbas been before he becomes a slave in a Roman governor's house?
5. Who does Barabbas stay with after he buries the hare-lipped girl?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)