|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sahak talk to the overseer about when questioned about his prayer activities?
(a) The harsh conditions in the mine.
(b) His miracle.
(c) God, Jesus, and the Christian faith.
(d) His wounded leg.
2. Who enrages Barabbas so much that he ferociously desecrates dead bodies?
(b) The fat woman.
(c) The temple guards.
(d) The Pharisees.
3. What does Barabbas think about as he carries the hare-lipped girl's body?
(a) Of a time when he told her he loved her.
(b) Of his own death.
(c) Of the fat woman.
(d) Of murdering the Christians.
4. Why are Barabbas and Sahak called to the Roman governor's palace?
(a) To be punished for attempting to escape.
(b) To explain Sahak's claims about the end of the world.
(c) To show the governor his scarred leg.
(d) To explain the inscription on the back of their medallions.
5. What does Barabbas mention to Sahak that sparks a conversation?
(a) He is a Christian.
(b) He is a Hebrew.
(c) He also received a miracle.
(d) He knew Sahak's father.
6. Who might Barabbas have joined that hated the Jerusalem temple, priests and scribes?
(a) The Samaritans.
(b) The Moabites.
(c) His old band of thieves.
(d) The Pharisees.
7. What does the overseer do when he sees Sahak and Barabbas kneeling in prayer?
(a) He asks Sahak why they are praying.
(b) He stares in surprise.
(c) He whips them both.
(d) He prays silently.
8. Why does the one-eyed slave wear a wooden frame around his neck?
(a) To help turn the mill wheel.
(b) To help bear the weight of the sacks.
(c) As punishment for attempting escape.
(d) To prevent him from eating the flour.
9. Whose mother does Barabbas think about as he gazes towards the land of the Moabites?
(a) Eliahu's mother.
(b) His mother.
(c) Jesus' mother.
(d) The hare-lipped girl's mother.
10. Who is ordered to throw the first stone during the hare-lipped girl's execution?
(a) The Pharisee.
(b) The blind man.
(c) The true believer.
(d) The potter.
11. What might Barabbas have been doing in Lebanon?
(a) Languishing in jail.
(b) Making clay pots.
(c) Praying at the temple.
(d) Being cruel to the Christians.
12. What does the one-eyed slave wear?
(a) A bracelet.
(b) A loin cloth.
(d) A Roman robe.
13. When the band of thieves discover that Barabbas is missing, where do they search for him?
(a) Near the hare-lipped girl's grave.
(b) In Jerusalem.
(c) In the cave that was his old home.
(d) Near the place where Eliahu died.
14. How does Eliahu die?
(a) Barbabbas hurls him off a cliff.
(b) The Christians stone him.
(c) The Roman crucify him.
(d) The fat woman poisions him.
15. What do the other slaves in the mill wear?
(a) Plain linen robes.
(b) Leather jerkins.
(d) Slave uniforms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sahak inscribe on the back of Barabbas' slave medallion?
2. What observation does Barabbas make about prayer after Sahak's death?
3. How does Barabbas act towards his former friends after he buries the hare-lipped girl?
4. How do Barabbas and Sahak feel about their above ground work?
5. How did Barabbas meet the hare-lipped girl?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)