|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explanation does Barabbas give the governor for having "Christos Iesus" inscribed on the back of his medallion?
(a) The medallion was inscribed when he got it.
(b) He belongs to Jesus.
(c) He wants to believe, but does not.
(d) Sahak offered him food in return for the inscription.
2. What information does Sahak reveal to the one-eyed slave?
(a) He and Barabbas are going to attempt escape.
(b) God will return and that all slaves will be freed.
(c) The world is about to end.
(d) Miracles are all around him.
3. How do Barabbas and Sahak feel about their above ground work?
(a) They long for their freedom.
(b) They are happy to be in the fresh air.
(c) They are indifferent; it is still slavery.
(d) They dislike the harsh sunlight.
4. What might Barabbas have been doing in Gerizim?
(a) Languishing in jail.
(b) Making clay pots.
(c) Sacrificing a lamb on the Passover.
(d) Praying at the temple.
5. Who is the "great prophet" that Sahak refers to?
6. Why does the overseer first whip Sahak?
(a) Because he is talking while he works.
(b) Because he stopsworking to listen to Barabbas.
(c) Because he is a Christian.
(d) Because he trips and overturns the cart.
7. What does the band of thieves do when they realize that Barabbas is nowhere to be found?
(a) They travel north.
(b) They travel to Jerusalem to seek out the fat woman.
(c) They go back to their business.
(d) They grieve his loss for three days.
8. What does the blind man accuse the hare-lipped girl of?
9. What does Barabbas allow the governor to do to his slave medallion?
(a) Scratch though Jesus' name.
(b) Melt it down.
(c) Write his own name above Jesus' name.
(d) Give him a new medallion.
10. What happens to Sahak when he refuses to renounce his faith before the governor?
(a) He is beaten and sold to the mine owner.
(b) He is sent to the dungeon.
(c) He is whipped and chained to the mill wheel.
(d) He is led away to be executed.
11. Whose mother does Barabbas think about as he gazes towards the land of the Moabites?
(a) Jesus' mother.
(b) His mother.
(c) The hare-lipped girl's mother.
(d) Eliahu's mother.
12. What secret about Eliahu does no one know?
(a) Eliahu is a Pharisee.
(b) Eliahu is Barabbas' father.
(c) Eliahu is the hare-lipped girl's brother.
(d) Eliahu betrayed Jesus.
13. How old is Barabbas when he becomes a slave in a Roman governor's house?
(a) In his early forties.
(b) Well into his fifties.
(c) In his mid thirties.
(d) In his late sixties.
14. How is Barabbas connected to Sahak?
(a) By a long rope.
(b) By first century handcuffs.
(c) They are not connected.
(d) By shackles.
15. What does Sahak show the one-eyed slave?
(a) His copy of the Scriptures.
(b) The scar on his leg.
(c) The inscription on the back of his medallion.
(d) An escape route.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eliahu die?
2. What does Sahak inscribe on the back of Barabbas' slave medallion?
3. Why are Barabbas and Sahak called to the Roman governor's palace?
4. What does the one-eyed slave wear?
5. What was inscribed on the front of Sahak's slave medallion?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)