|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Towards the end of his conversation with Barabbas, what does the passing group of men tell the red-beaded man?
(a) The Pharisees were coming.
(b) Barabbas was the one that was supposed to die on Golgotha.
(c) The Roman soldiers were on their way.
(d) The Master had risen from the dead.
2. How did the believers react to the hare-lipped girl after the red-bearded man spoke to them?
(a) They argue with her.
(b) They ignore her presence.
(c) They applaud.
(d) They appear to be embarrassed for her.
3. What does Barabbas share with the believer he meets in the village on the mountain?
(a) A drink.
(b) A meal.
(c) A walk.
(d) A secret.
4. Whom does Barabbas see near his hiding place?
(a) The hare-lipped girl.
(b) The red-bearded man.
(c) Two Roman soldiers.
5. What name does the passing group of men call Barabbas?
6. What does Barabbas note about the thief who was executed next to the man on the cross?
(a) That he deserved to die.
(b) He had been a good thief.
(c) He was unlucky.
(d) He was a lazy thief.
7. Why does Barabbas feel that he cannot be forgiven for his sins?
(a) Because he doesn't believe in sin.
(b) Because he was born a thief and a murderer.
(c) Because he doesn't believe in God.
(d) Because he hasn't paid for them.
8. Which follower of Jesus is Barabbas invited to meet?
(a) Mary, the mother of Jesus.
(b) Mary Magdalene, a follower of Jesus.
(c) A man whom Jesus raised from the dead.
(d) The apostle Paul.
9. As Barabbas walks around town the day after the crucifixion, what does he notice?
(a) Some people are staring at him.
(b) The hare-lipped girl.
(c) The market is unusually quiet.
(d) The sun is dimmer.
10. Where does the hare-lipped girl live?
(a) In the low-vaulted room.
(b) At the Dung Gate.
(c) With the fat woman.
(d) Near the temple.
11. What does Barabbas pretend to want?
(a) A home and a family.
(b) A good skill.
(d) To understand the Christian doctrine.
12. To what do Barabbas's friends attribute the unusual events Barabbas saw while at Golgotha?
(a) His eyes adjusting to daylight after having been in the dungeon.
(b) His mental state after enduring the ordeal of the trial.
(c) God's intervention in the crucifixion.
(d) His emotional state after experiencing such a brutal crucifixion.
13. At the end of the evening, who is left with the Fat Woman?
(b) The other women.
(c) The girl.
(d) Everyone stays the night.
14. What answer does Barabbas receive about Christian doctrine?
(a) Serve well.
(b) Pray without ceasing.
(c) Do good.
(d) Love each other.
15. After Barabbas returns to the believers after his visit to the village on the mountain, what does he tell the believers?
(a) The man on the mountain is insane.
(b) The man on the mountain is posessed.
(c) Jesus did the right thing, but that doesn't make him the Son of God.
(d) Jesus had no right to raise the believer from the dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the believer that Barabbas meets in the village on the mountain look like?
2. What does Barabbas notice about the woman he believes is the mother of the man on the cross?
3. How does Barabbas expect the Christians to react to his presence?
4. What does Barabbas give the girl he meets in Jerusalem?
5. Why were the Jewish people given the opportunity to pardon one prisoner's death sentence?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)