|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Barabbas expect the Christians to react to his presence?
(a) Upset with his past.
(b) Pleased to have a potential convert.
(c) Angry with his betrayal.
(d) Surprised at his daring.
2. When the book opens, where is Barabbas standing?
(a) In the marketplace.
(b) Near the cross.
(c) At the bottom of the hill.
(d) In front of the governor.
3. What did the hare-lipped girl see at the tomb?
(b) An angel.
(c) Two Roman soldiers.
(d) The red-bearded man.
4. What does the hare-lipped girl believe will happen once the third day after the crucifixion has passed?
(a) The world will be destroyed.
(b) The sick will be healed and the hungry will be fed.
(c) The emperor will die.
(d) The Roman Empire will fall.
5. Why does the red-beaded man feel guilty?
(a) He betrayed his Master by denying him.
(b) He lied to Barabbas.
(c) He betrayed his Master to the Roman soldiers.
(d) He stole money from the disciples.
6. What does Barabbas share with the believer he meets in the village on the mountain?
(a) A drink.
(b) A meal.
(c) A walk.
(d) A secret.
7. What does the red-bearded man do when he discovers that Barabbas has been eavesdropping?
(a) He yells at Barabbas.
(b) He stays.
(c) He ignores Barabbas and continues to talk to his friend.
(d) He glares at Barabbas.
8. What event does Barabbas deny seeing that the red-bearded man describes seeing on Golgotha.
(a) The halo around Jesus.
(b) The grieving mother.
(c) The frightened soldiers.
(d) The darkness that covered the hill.
9. Towards the end of his conversation with Barabbas, what does the passing group of men tell the red-beaded man?
(a) Barabbas was the one that was supposed to die on Golgotha.
(b) The Roman soldiers were on their way.
(c) The Pharisees were coming.
(d) The Master had risen from the dead.
10. Where is Barabbas hidden just before sunrise on the third day after the crucifixion?
(a) Behind the low-vaulted room.
(b) Near the tomb.
(c) Near the temple.
(d) In a nearby cave.
11. Whom does the red-bearded man and his group believe that the crucified man is?
(a) A misunderstood carpenter.
(b) A great healer.
(c) The Son of Man and the Son of God.
(d) The Great Prophet.
12. What event causes the soldiers near the cross to jump to their feet and grab their weapons?
(a) They see Barabbas.
(b) The hill goes dark.
(c) Thunder roars and lightening begins to flash.
(d) The crowd presses too close.
13. Which follower of Jesus is Barabbas invited to meet?
(a) Mary, the mother of Jesus.
(b) Mary Magdalene, a follower of Jesus.
(c) The apostle Paul.
(d) A man whom Jesus raised from the dead.
14. What does Barabbas give the girl he meets in Jerusalem?
(a) A letter.
(b) A necklace.
(c) Most of his meal.
(d) A kiss.
15. When does the red-bearded man believe that the Master will return?
(a) At the end of time.
(b) The next day.
(d) On the third day.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Barabbas react to the physical appearance of the believer he meets in the village on the mountain?
2. What does the hare-lipped girl believe will happen on the third day after the crucifixion?
3. What does Barabbas note about the thief who was executed next to the man on the cross?
4. Why does Barabbas choose to attend the crucifixion?
5. What business keeps Barabbas in Jerusalem?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)