|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the believers react to the hare-lipped girl after the red-bearded man spoke to them?
(a) They appear to be embarrassed for her.
(b) They applaud.
(c) They argue with her.
(d) They ignore her presence.
2. Where does the hare-lipped girl live?
(a) At the Dung Gate.
(b) Near the temple.
(c) In the low-vaulted room.
(d) With the fat woman.
3. After Barabbas returns to the believers after his visit to the village on the mountain, what does he tell the believers?
(a) The man on the mountain is insane.
(b) The man on the mountain is posessed.
(c) Jesus had no right to raise the believer from the dead.
(d) Jesus did the right thing, but that doesn't make him the Son of God.
4. How does Barabbas refer to the girl he meets in Jerusalem?
(a) The girl of his dream.
(b) The girl in Jerusalem.
(c) The girl.
(d) The girl with the hare-lip.
5. What did Jesus tell the hare-lipped girl she would do?
(a) Tell the Pharisees about him.
(b) Become famous.
(c) Bear witness for him.
(d) Become whole.
6. How does Barabbas react to the comments that the passing group of men make towards him and the red-beaded man?
(a) He pulls out a knife.
(b) He walks away without looking back.
(c) He hits the leader of the group.
(d) He argues angrily with the men.
7. What warning does the red-beaded man give the believers?
(a) They might soon be persecuted.
(b) The blind man is a Roman spy.
(c) Barabbas is a Roman spy.
(d) The Romans demand bribes.
8. Why doesn't Barabbas believe that the man on the cross is the Messiah?
(a) Because Barabbas is too cynical.
(b) Because Barabbas dislikes the Jews.
(c) Because the man didn't save himself.
(d) Because Barabbas knows he is guilty.
9. What does the believer find odd about Barabbas's question?
(a) He is surprised at Barabbas's unbelief.
(b) No one else has ever commented on his appearance.
(c) No one else has ever asked him about the "realm of the dead."
(d) No one else has argued with him about heaven.
10. What comment does the fat woman make that offends the girl Barabbas meets in Jerusalem?
(a) The Jews made the right decision to set Barabbas free.
(b) It doesn't matter who was crucified, as long as Barabbas was saved.
(c) The Romans made the right decision to set Barabbas free.
(d) Barabbas should have been crucified.
11. What does Barabbas do before everyone leaves the low-vaulted room?
(a) He speaks to the group.
(b) He eats bread and drinks wine.
(c) He speaks to the hare-lipped girl.
(d) He slips out unnoticed.
12. What did Barabbas find in the low-vaulted room?
(a) The remains of a shroud.
(b) A box.
(c) The fat woman.
(d) A gathering of Christians.
13. Why were the Jewish people given the opportunity to pardon one prisoner's death sentence?
(a) It is a tradition during the Passover holiday.
(b) The Romans always pardoned one prisioner each month.
(c) They were being rewarded by the Roman government.
(d) The priests paid the Romans for one prisioner each year.
14. Where was Barabbas when the man on the cross was arrested?
(a) In the marketplace.
(b) On his way to Golgatha.
(c) In prison, awaiting his own execution.
(d) In front of the governor.
15. What does Barabbas give the girl he meets in Jerusalem?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A letter.
(c) A kiss.
(d) Most of his meal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Barabbas feel he has a stronger bond with Jesus than the Christians?
2. What answer does Barabbas receive about Christian doctrine?
3. What do the men do after returning from their brief excursions?
4. What does the believer that Barabbas meets in the village on the mountain tell him?
5. What observation does Barabbas make about the conviction of man on the cross?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)