|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the believers begin to call Barabbas after he returns from his visit to the village on the mountain?
(a) Barabbas the acquitted.
(b) Barabbas the thief.
(c) Barabbas the doubter.
(d) Barabbas the blessed.
2. What observation does Barabbas make about the conviction of man on the cross?
(a) The Jews were screaming for his blood, so he must have been guilty.
(b) The Romans are unfair.
(c) It's obvious that he is innocent of any crime.
(d) It's a shame that an innocent man had to die.
3. At the end of the evening, who is left with the Fat Woman?
(a) The girl.
(c) The other women.
(d) Everyone stays the night.
4. What answer does Barabbas receive about Christian doctrine?
(a) Serve well.
(b) Love each other.
(c) Do good.
(d) Pray without ceasing.
5. How does Barabbas react to the comments that the passing group of men make towards him and the red-beaded man?
(a) He argues angrily with the men.
(b) He walks away without looking back.
(c) He pulls out a knife.
(d) He hits the leader of the group.
6. What does Barabbas do after he leaves the tomb?
(a) Returns to the city with the hare-lipped girl.
(b) Goes to the temple alone.
(c) Wanders through the desert.
(d) Rejoins his band of thieves.
7. What did Jesus tell the hare-lipped girl she would do?
(a) Tell the Pharisees about him.
(b) Become famous.
(c) Become whole.
(d) Bear witness for him.
8. What does Barabbas do before everyone leaves the low-vaulted room?
(a) He speaks to the group.
(b) He speaks to the hare-lipped girl.
(c) He slips out unnoticed.
(d) He eats bread and drinks wine.
9. What explanation did the the red-bearded man give for the crucifixion?
(a) The Romans are out to destroy Israel.
(b) The Jewish people are fickle.
(c) The Pharisees are trying to destroy the Christians.
(d) The Master had to suffer and die for them.
10. What does the woman at the Fat Woman's house say about the man on the cross?
(a) He must have been guilty.
(b) He was a false prophet.
(c) She had seen him perform miracles.
(d) He was the Savior.
11. How does the believer describe the "realm of the dead"?
(a) As nothing.
(b) A beautiful meadow.
(c) Just like home, only cleaner and better.
(d) A path of light.
12. Why does Barabbas feel that he cannot be forgiven for his sins?
(a) Because he doesn't believe in sin.
(b) Because he hasn't paid for them.
(c) Because he doesn't believe in God.
(d) Because he was born a thief and a murderer.
13. What reaction does Barabbas have to the red-bearded man's claims about the crucified man?
(a) Barabbas laughs at the red-bearded man.
(b) Barabbas accuses the red-beaded man of lying.
(c) Barabbas walks away.
(d) Barabbas tells the red-bearded man his belief is flawed.
14. What does the believer that Barabbas meets in the village on the mountain look like?
(a) Like any normal man.
(b) Robust and healthy.
(c) Parched skin and lack-luster eyes.
(d) Unusually cheerful and attractive.
15. As he lies on his sleeping mat, what conclusion does Barabbas come to about the things he saw on Golgotha?
(a) That what he saw is real, but he has no explanation for what he saw.
(b) That he imagined all the unusual events he experienced.
(c) The Romans are evil and should all be destroyed.
(d) The fat woman was right about the man on the cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barabbas look like?
2. Where is Barabbas hidden just before sunrise on the third day after the crucifixion?
3. What does Barabbas pretend to want?
4. What does Barabbas give the girl he meets in Jerusalem?
5. Barabbas overhears two men talking the day after the crucifixion; What does Barabbas think they are talking about?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)