|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What observation does Barabbas make about the conviction of man on the cross?
(a) The Jews were screaming for his blood, so he must have been guilty.
(b) It's obvious that he is innocent of any crime.
(c) The Romans are unfair.
(d) It's a shame that an innocent man had to die.
2. To what does the fat woman attribute Barabbas's odd behavior after he returns from the village on the mountain?
(a) He trying to become a better man.
(b) He has become insane like the man on the mountain.
(c) He is lying.
(d) He has been posessed by the crucified man's spirit.
3. What event takes place in the low-vaulted room?
(a) A prayer meeting.
(b) A large, boisterous party.
(c) A trial.
(d) An execution.
4. After Barabbas returns to the believers after his visit to the village on the mountain, what does he tell the believers?
(a) The man on the mountain is posessed.
(b) Jesus had no right to raise the believer from the dead.
(c) The man on the mountain is insane.
(d) Jesus did the right thing, but that doesn't make him the Son of God.
5. What does the hare-lipped girl do after the red-beaded man speaks to the Christians?
(a) She leaves the building in tears.
(b) She speaks to Barabbas.
(c) She speaks to the believers.
(d) She clears the dishes.
6. What does Barabbas do after he leaves the tomb?
(a) Rejoins his band of thieves.
(b) Goes to the temple alone.
(c) Wanders through the desert.
(d) Returns to the city with the hare-lipped girl.
7. What warning does the red-beaded man give the believers?
(a) The blind man is a Roman spy.
(b) They might soon be persecuted.
(c) The Romans demand bribes.
(d) Barabbas is a Roman spy.
8. What opinion does Barabbas give the red-bearded man about his feeling of guilt?
(a) His sin is too horrible to forgive.
(b) He should offer a sacrifice to God.
(c) His action could be forgiven.
(d) He should give the temple as much money as he can.
9. Why would Barabbas normally avoid Golgotha?
(a) He feels it is an unclean place of death.
(b) It is far out of his way.
(c) He knows he will hang there one day.
(d) His father was crucified on Golgotha.
10. What does Barabbas notice about the man carrying the cross as the man prepares to go up the hill?
(a) The crowd is pushing him along.
(b) He has a halo of light about him.
(c) He looks at Barabbas.
(d) He seems calm.
11. What does Barabbas pretend to want?
(a) A good skill.
(c) A home and a family.
(d) To understand the Christian doctrine.
12. How does Barabbas react to the physical appearance of the believer he meets in the village on the mountain?
(a) He is surprised.
(b) He is repulsed.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is curious, yet cautious.
13. Towards the end of his conversation with Barabbas, what does the passing group of men tell the red-beaded man?
(a) The Roman soldiers were on their way.
(b) The Pharisees were coming.
(c) Barabbas was the one that was supposed to die on Golgotha.
(d) The Master had risen from the dead.
14. What reaction does Barabbas have to the red-bearded man's claims about the crucified man?
(a) Barabbas laughs at the red-bearded man.
(b) Barabbas tells the red-bearded man his belief is flawed.
(c) Barabbas accuses the red-beaded man of lying.
(d) Barabbas walks away.
15. What did Barabbas find in the low-vaulted room?
(a) A gathering of Christians.
(b) The fat woman.
(c) The remains of a shroud.
(d) A box.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the hare-lipped girl live?
2. Why does Barabbas feel uncomfortable with the group?
3. Why does Barabbas feel he has a stronger bond with Jesus than the Christians?
4. At the end of the evening, who is left with the Fat Woman?
5. What answer does Barabbas receive about Christian doctrine?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)