|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barabbas think has happened to Jesus' body?
(a) Jesus has risen from the dead.
(b) The Roman soldiers removed his body the night before.
(c) Jesus' followers have taken the body away in the night.
(d) The body was never actually in the tomb.
2. What event causes the soldiers near the cross to jump to their feet and grab their weapons?
(a) They see Barabbas.
(b) Thunder roars and lightening begins to flash.
(c) The crowd presses too close.
(d) The hill goes dark.
3. How well does Barabbas sleep during his first night after arriving in Jerusalem?
(a) He sleeps for an hour, then suddenly awakes.
(b) He tosses and turns before eventually falling asleep.
(c) He is unable to sleep.
(d) He immediately falls into a drunken slumber.
4. What does Barabbas ask the woman who talks about the man on the cross?
(a) Who his followers were.
(b) Where his body was laid and what was supposed to happen to it.
(c) What type of crime was he accused of.
(d) What kinds of miracles he performed and sermons he delivered.
5. When Barabbas is eavesdropping on the two men in Jerusalem, what causes him to lean closer to the men?
(a) They point to the hare-lipped girl.
(b) They mention Barabbas's name.
(c) They whisper about the Roman guards.
(d) They mention the darkness that covered Golgotha.
6. What opinion does Barabbas give the red-bearded man about his feeling of guilt?
(a) His action could be forgiven.
(b) He should offer a sacrifice to God.
(c) His sin is too horrible to forgive.
(d) He should give the temple as much money as he can.
7. What event takes place in the low-vaulted room?
(a) A large, boisterous party.
(b) A trial.
(c) A prayer meeting.
(d) An execution.
8. What do the men do after returning from their brief excursions?
(a) Wash their hands.
(c) Eat and talk more.
(d) Greet Barabbas.
9. Where does Barabbas spend his first night after arriving in Jerusalem?
(a) At a local inn.
(b) At his mother's house.
(c) At the Fat Woman's house.
(d) Under a fig tree.
10. Why would Barabbas normally avoid Golgotha?
(a) His father was crucified on Golgotha.
(b) It is far out of his way.
(c) He knows he will hang there one day.
(d) He feels it is an unclean place of death.
11. How did the believers react to the hare-lipped girl after the red-bearded man spoke to them?
(a) They appear to be embarrassed for her.
(b) They argue with her.
(c) They ignore her presence.
(d) They applaud.
12. What answer does Barabbas receive about Christian doctrine?
(a) Pray without ceasing.
(b) Do good.
(c) Love each other.
(d) Serve well.
13. What does Barabbas notice about the tomb when the sun rises?
(a) It seems normal.
(b) It is glowing.
(c) It shines.
(d) It is empty.
14. What business keeps Barabbas in Jerusalem?
(b) He works at the temple.
(c) He steals from the Christians.
(d) He joins the potter.
15. How does the fat woman feel about Barabbas?
(a) She likes him when he pays for her services.
(b) She claims to not care for him, but really loves him.
(c) She is angry with him for walking with the hare-lipped girl.
(d) She does not care for him and wishes he would go away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Barabbas refer to the girl he meets in Jerusalem?
2. Where was Barabbas when the man on the cross was arrested?
3. What event does Barabbas deny seeing that the red-bearded man describes seeing on Golgotha.
4. How does Barabbas react to the comments that the passing group of men make towards him and the red-beaded man?
5. When does the red-bearded man believe that the Master will return?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)