|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does the fat woman attribute Barabbas's odd behavior after he returns from the village on the mountain?
(a) He has become insane like the man on the mountain.
(b) He trying to become a better man.
(c) He has been posessed by the crucified man's spirit.
(d) He is lying.
2. What does Barabbas give the girl he meets in Jerusalem?
(a) A letter.
(b) Most of his meal.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A kiss.
3. What event does Barabbas deny seeing that the red-bearded man describes seeing on Golgotha.
(a) The halo around Jesus.
(b) The frightened soldiers.
(c) The darkness that covered the hill.
(d) The grieving mother.
4. What comment does the fat woman make that offends the girl Barabbas meets in Jerusalem?
(a) The Jews made the right decision to set Barabbas free.
(b) The Romans made the right decision to set Barabbas free.
(c) It doesn't matter who was crucified, as long as Barabbas was saved.
(d) Barabbas should have been crucified.
5. How did the believers react to the hare-lipped girl after the red-bearded man spoke to them?
(a) They appear to be embarrassed for her.
(b) They applaud.
(c) They ignore her presence.
(d) They argue with her.
6. What does Barabbas think has happened to Jesus' body?
(a) The Roman soldiers removed his body the night before.
(b) Jesus' followers have taken the body away in the night.
(c) The body was never actually in the tomb.
(d) Jesus has risen from the dead.
7. Why would Barabbas normally avoid Golgotha?
(a) He feels it is an unclean place of death.
(b) It is far out of his way.
(c) He knows he will hang there one day.
(d) His father was crucified on Golgotha.
8. How does the believer describe the "realm of the dead"?
(a) Just like home, only cleaner and better.
(b) A path of light.
(c) A beautiful meadow.
(d) As nothing.
9. What does Barabbas notice about the man carrying the cross as the man prepares to go up the hill?
(a) He has a halo of light about him.
(b) He looks at Barabbas.
(c) He seems calm.
(d) The crowd is pushing him along.
10. What observation does Barabbas make about the conviction of man on the cross?
(a) It's obvious that he is innocent of any crime.
(b) It's a shame that an innocent man had to die.
(c) The Romans are unfair.
(d) The Jews were screaming for his blood, so he must have been guilty.
11. Why does Barabbas feel that he cannot be forgiven for his sins?
(a) Because he hasn't paid for them.
(b) Because he doesn't believe in sin.
(c) Because he was born a thief and a murderer.
(d) Because he doesn't believe in God.
12. What does the woman at the Fat Woman's house say about the man on the cross?
(a) She had seen him perform miracles.
(b) He was the Savior.
(c) He was a false prophet.
(d) He must have been guilty.
13. What explanation did the red-bearded man give for Barabbas's interest in the crucified man?
(a) Barabbas needs a spiritual leader.
(b) Barabbas is seeking a father figure.
(c) Barabbas is reacting out of guilt.
(d) The crucified man had called Barabbas to follow him.
14. What warning does the red-beaded man give the believers?
(a) They might soon be persecuted.
(b) The blind man is a Roman spy.
(c) The Romans demand bribes.
(d) Barabbas is a Roman spy.
15. Whom does the red-bearded man and his group believe that the crucified man is?
(a) A misunderstood carpenter.
(b) The Great Prophet.
(c) A great healer.
(d) The Son of Man and the Son of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the book opens, where is Barabbas standing?
2. As Barabbas walks around town the day after the crucifixion, what does he notice?
3. What name does the passing group of men call Barabbas?
4. When does the red-bearded man believe that the Master will return?
5. How does the fat woman feel about Barabbas?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)