|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in the Fat Woman's house in Jerusalem, where do the men occasionally go?
(a) Out to get more wine.
(b) Behind the curtain with the women.
(c) Upstairs to have a smoke.
(d) Outside to use the restroom.
2. Whom does Barabbas see near his hiding place?
(b) The hare-lipped girl.
(c) The red-bearded man.
(d) Two Roman soldiers.
3. What business keeps Barabbas in Jerusalem?
(b) He works at the temple.
(c) He joins the potter.
(d) He steals from the Christians.
4. Where does the hare-lipped girl live?
(a) Near the temple.
(b) At the Dung Gate.
(c) With the fat woman.
(d) In the low-vaulted room.
5. What opinion does Barabbas give the red-bearded man about his feeling of guilt?
(a) He should offer a sacrifice to God.
(b) His sin is too horrible to forgive.
(c) He should give the temple as much money as he can.
(d) His action could be forgiven.
6. What do the believers begin to call Barabbas after he returns from his visit to the village on the mountain?
(a) Barabbas the acquitted.
(b) Barabbas the doubter.
(c) Barabbas the blessed.
(d) Barabbas the thief.
7. What does Barabbas think has happened to Jesus' body?
(a) The body was never actually in the tomb.
(b) Jesus' followers have taken the body away in the night.
(c) Jesus has risen from the dead.
(d) The Roman soldiers removed his body the night before.
8. Where does Barabbas spend his first night after arriving in Jerusalem?
(a) At the Fat Woman's house.
(b) Under a fig tree.
(c) At his mother's house.
(d) At a local inn.
9. What name does the passing group of men call Barabbas?
10. Towards the end of his conversation with Barabbas, what does the passing group of men tell the red-beaded man?
(a) The Roman soldiers were on their way.
(b) Barabbas was the one that was supposed to die on Golgotha.
(c) The Pharisees were coming.
(d) The Master had risen from the dead.
11. Why does Barabbas feel he has a stronger bond with Jesus than the Christians?
(a) Because Jesus was a loner, like himself.
(b) Because they share the same birthday.
(c) Because Barabbas sees Jesus for who he really is.
(d) Because Jesus literally died in his place on the cross.
12. How well does Barabbas sleep during his first night after arriving in Jerusalem?
(a) He immediately falls into a drunken slumber.
(b) He tosses and turns before eventually falling asleep.
(c) He is unable to sleep.
(d) He sleeps for an hour, then suddenly awakes.
13. Where is Barabbas hidden just before sunrise on the third day after the crucifixion?
(a) Near the tomb.
(b) Near the temple.
(c) Behind the low-vaulted room.
(d) In a nearby cave.
14. What does the believer that Barabbas meets in the village on the mountain tell him?
(a) He had been dead and was raised to be a witness for Jesus.
(b) He does not remember his experience.
(c) He wishes he were still dead.
(d) Barabbas is a fool for not believing that Jesus is the Son of God.
15. What explanation did the the red-bearded man give for the crucifixion?
(a) The Pharisees are trying to destroy the Christians.
(b) The Master had to suffer and die for them.
(c) The Jewish people are fickle.
(d) The Romans are out to destroy Israel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the red-bearded man do when he discovers that Barabbas has been eavesdropping?
2. Why were the Jewish people given the opportunity to pardon one prisoner's death sentence?
3. What does Barabbas do after he leaves the tomb?
4. How does the girl that Barabbas meets in Jerusalem appear?
5. After Barabbas returns to the believers after his visit to the village on the mountain, what does he tell the believers?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)