|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving the tomb, whom does Barabbas question about Christian doctrine?
(a) The hare-lipped girl.
(b) The red-bearded man.
(c) The blind man.
(d) The potter.
2. What does Barabbas look like?
(a) Around 20 years old with a black beard, black hair, and a scar on his cheek.
(b) Around 30 years old with a reddish beard, black hair, and a scar on his cheek.
(c) Around 50 years old with a brown beard, black hair, and a scar on his cheek.
(d) Around 40 years old with a reddish beard, black hair, and a scar on his neck.
3. While in the Fat Woman's house in Jerusalem, where do the men occasionally go?
(a) Outside to use the restroom.
(b) Out to get more wine.
(c) Behind the curtain with the women.
(d) Upstairs to have a smoke.
4. When Barabbas is eavesdropping on the two men in Jerusalem, what causes him to lean closer to the men?
(a) They whisper about the Roman guards.
(b) They mention the darkness that covered Golgotha.
(c) They mention Barabbas's name.
(d) They point to the hare-lipped girl.
5. What do Barabbas and the red-bearded man discuss?
(a) The crucified man and his ministry.
(b) The unusual quiet of the marketplace.
(c) The odd weather.
(d) His relationship with the hare-lipped girl.
6. What does Barabbas notice about the man carrying the cross as the man prepares to go up the hill?
(a) He looks at Barabbas.
(b) He seems calm.
(c) He has a halo of light about him.
(d) The crowd is pushing him along.
7. What name does the passing group of men call Barabbas?
8. Who greets Barabbas and the girl as they walk down the streets of Jerusalem?
(a) His friends.
(b) The child.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
9. What does Barabbas do after he leaves the tomb?
(a) Returns to the city with the hare-lipped girl.
(b) Wanders through the desert.
(c) Goes to the temple alone.
(d) Rejoins his band of thieves.
10. How did the believers react to the hare-lipped girl after the red-bearded man spoke to them?
(a) They ignore her presence.
(b) They argue with her.
(c) They applaud.
(d) They appear to be embarrassed for her.
11. Why does Barabbas choose to attend the crucifixion?
(a) He feels a strange power prompting him to attend the crucifixion.
(b) He is swept along with the crowd.
(c) He wants to see the man who took his place.
(d) His friends encourage him to go.
12. What does Barabbas pretend to want?
(b) To understand the Christian doctrine.
(c) A home and a family.
(d) A good skill.
13. When does the red-bearded man believe that the Master will return?
(a) At the end of time.
(b) The next day.
(d) On the third day.
14. What comment does the fat woman make that offends the girl Barabbas meets in Jerusalem?
(a) The Jews made the right decision to set Barabbas free.
(b) Barabbas should have been crucified.
(c) The Romans made the right decision to set Barabbas free.
(d) It doesn't matter who was crucified, as long as Barabbas was saved.
15. During his first night after arriving in Jerusalem, what does Barabbas think about as he lies on his sleeping mat?
(a) The man on the cross and the darkness on the hill.
(b) His father.
(c) The girl and the child.
(d) The fat woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Barabbas spend his first night after arriving in Jerusalem?
2. What does the woman at the Fat Woman's house say about the man on the cross?
3. To what do Barabbas's friends attribute the unusual events Barabbas saw while at Golgotha?
4. What does Barabbas do before everyone leaves the low-vaulted room?
5. Whom does Barabbas continue to seek out while he stays in Jerusalem?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)