Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving the tomb, whom does Barabbas question about Christian doctrine?
(a) The hare-lipped girl.
(b) The blind man.
(c) The potter.
(d) The red-bearded man.
2. To what does the fat woman attribute Barabbas's odd behavior after he returns from the village on the mountain?
(a) He trying to become a better man.
(b) He has become insane like the man on the mountain.
(c) He has been posessed by the crucified man's spirit.
(d) He is lying.
3. What do the believers begin to call Barabbas after he returns from his visit to the village on the mountain?
(a) Barabbas the thief.
(b) Barabbas the acquitted.
(c) Barabbas the blessed.
(d) Barabbas the doubter.
4. What does Barabbas notice about the tomb when the sun rises?
(a) It is glowing.
(b) It is empty.
(c) It seems normal.
(d) It shines.
5. What does the believer that Barabbas meets in the village on the mountain look like?
(a) Like any normal man.
(b) Parched skin and lack-luster eyes.
(c) Unusually cheerful and attractive.
(d) Robust and healthy.
6. Why does Barabbas feel he has a stronger bond with Jesus than the Christians?
(a) Because Jesus was a loner, like himself.
(b) Because Jesus literally died in his place on the cross.
(c) Because Barabbas sees Jesus for who he really is.
(d) Because they share the same birthday.
7. What does the woman at the Fat Woman's house say about the man on the cross?
(a) He was the Savior.
(b) She had seen him perform miracles.
(c) He was a false prophet.
(d) He must have been guilty.
8. What explanation did the the red-bearded man give for the crucifixion?
(a) The Pharisees are trying to destroy the Christians.
(b) The Master had to suffer and die for them.
(c) The Romans are out to destroy Israel.
(d) The Jewish people are fickle.
9. What observation does Barabbas make about the conviction of man on the cross?
(a) It's a shame that an innocent man had to die.
(b) The Jews were screaming for his blood, so he must have been guilty.
(c) The Romans are unfair.
(d) It's obvious that he is innocent of any crime.
10. While in the Fat Woman's house in Jerusalem, where do the men occasionally go?
(a) Outside to use the restroom.
(b) Upstairs to have a smoke.
(c) Behind the curtain with the women.
(d) Out to get more wine.
11. Why doesn't Barabbas believe that the man on the cross is the Messiah?
(a) Because Barabbas dislikes the Jews.
(b) Because Barabbas knows he is guilty.
(c) Because Barabbas is too cynical.
(d) Because the man didn't save himself.
12. What event takes place in the low-vaulted room?
(a) An execution.
(b) A large, boisterous party.
(c) A prayer meeting.
(d) A trial.
13. What business keeps Barabbas in Jerusalem?
(b) He works at the temple.
(c) He steals from the Christians.
(d) He joins the potter.
14. Which follower of Jesus is Barabbas invited to meet?
(a) Mary Magdalene, a follower of Jesus.
(b) A man whom Jesus raised from the dead.
(c) Mary, the mother of Jesus.
(d) The apostle Paul.
15. Why does Barabbas choose to attend the crucifixion?
(a) He wants to see the man who took his place.
(b) He feels a strange power prompting him to attend the crucifixion.
(c) His friends encourage him to go.
(d) He is swept along with the crowd.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Barabbas walks around town the day after the crucifixion, what does he notice?
2. What opinion does Barabbas give the red-bearded man about his feeling of guilt?
3. What did the hare-lipped girl not ask Jesus to do for her?
4. What does Barabbas ask the woman who talks about the man on the cross?
5. What does the hare-lipped girl believe will happen once the third day after the crucifixion has passed?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)