|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the evening, who is left with the Fat Woman?
(a) The other women.
(c) Everyone stays the night.
(d) The girl.
2. How did the believers react to the hare-lipped girl after the red-bearded man spoke to them?
(a) They ignore her presence.
(b) They appear to be embarrassed for her.
(c) They applaud.
(d) They argue with her.
3. What does Barabbas look like?
(a) Around 50 years old with a brown beard, black hair, and a scar on his cheek.
(b) Around 40 years old with a reddish beard, black hair, and a scar on his neck.
(c) Around 20 years old with a black beard, black hair, and a scar on his cheek.
(d) Around 30 years old with a reddish beard, black hair, and a scar on his cheek.
4. What opinion does Barabbas give the red-bearded man about his feeling of guilt?
(a) His sin is too horrible to forgive.
(b) He should give the temple as much money as he can.
(c) He should offer a sacrifice to God.
(d) His action could be forgiven.
5. What does Barabbas notice about the woman he believes is the mother of the man on the cross?
(a) She looks older than her years.
(b) She seems unable to demonstrate the full depths of her grief.
(c) She cries and clings to a man who grieves for Jesus.
(d) She stares angrily at him.
6. What does Barabbas share with the believer he meets in the village on the mountain?
(a) A drink.
(b) A secret.
(c) A meal.
(d) A walk.
7. What do the men do after returning from their brief excursions?
(a) Eat and talk more.
(b) Greet Barabbas.
(c) Wash their hands.
8. What comment does the fat woman make that offends the girl Barabbas meets in Jerusalem?
(a) The Jews made the right decision to set Barabbas free.
(b) Barabbas should have been crucified.
(c) The Romans made the right decision to set Barabbas free.
(d) It doesn't matter who was crucified, as long as Barabbas was saved.
9. What does the believer that Barabbas meets in the village on the mountain look like?
(a) Like any normal man.
(b) Parched skin and lack-luster eyes.
(c) Robust and healthy.
(d) Unusually cheerful and attractive.
10. What did the hare-lipped girl not ask Jesus to do for her?
(a) Make Barabbas love her.
(b) Make her wealthy.
(c) Heal her deformed lip.
(d) Feed her.
11. As he lies on his sleeping mat, what conclusion does Barabbas come to about the things he saw on Golgotha?
(a) That what he saw is real, but he has no explanation for what he saw.
(b) That he imagined all the unusual events he experienced.
(c) The fat woman was right about the man on the cross.
(d) The Romans are evil and should all be destroyed.
12. Whom does Barabbas continue to seek out while he stays in Jerusalem?
(a) The potter.
(b) The hare-lipped girl.
(c) The fat woman.
(d) The followers of Jesus.
13. When Barabbas is eavesdropping on the two men in Jerusalem, what causes him to lean closer to the men?
(a) They point to the hare-lipped girl.
(b) They whisper about the Roman guards.
(c) They mention Barabbas's name.
(d) They mention the darkness that covered Golgotha.
14. What does Barabbas give the girl he meets in Jerusalem?
(a) A letter.
(b) A kiss.
(c) Most of his meal.
(d) A necklace.
15. As Barabbas walks around town the day after the crucifixion, what does he notice?
(a) The sun is dimmer.
(b) Some people are staring at him.
(c) The market is unusually quiet.
(d) The hare-lipped girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Barabbas refer to the girl he meets in Jerusalem?
2. During his first night after arriving in Jerusalem, what does Barabbas think about as he lies on his sleeping mat?
3. How does Barabbas expect the Christians to react to his presence?
4. After Barabbas returns to the believers after his visit to the village on the mountain, what does he tell the believers?
5. Why would Barabbas normally avoid Golgotha?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)