|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men do after returning from their brief excursions?
(a) Wash their hands.
(c) Greet Barabbas.
(d) Eat and talk more.
2. During his first night after arriving in Jerusalem, what does Barabbas think about as he lies on his sleeping mat?
(a) His father.
(b) The girl and the child.
(c) The man on the cross and the darkness on the hill.
(d) The fat woman.
3. How does Barabbas react to the comments that the passing group of men make towards him and the red-beaded man?
(a) He walks away without looking back.
(b) He hits the leader of the group.
(c) He pulls out a knife.
(d) He argues angrily with the men.
4. Where is Barabbas hidden just before sunrise on the third day after the crucifixion?
(a) In a nearby cave.
(b) Near the tomb.
(c) Near the temple.
(d) Behind the low-vaulted room.
5. What does Barabbas ask the woman who talks about the man on the cross?
(a) What kinds of miracles he performed and sermons he delivered.
(b) Who his followers were.
(c) Where his body was laid and what was supposed to happen to it.
(d) What type of crime was he accused of.
6. When does the red-bearded man believe that the Master will return?
(a) On the third day.
(c) At the end of time.
(d) The next day.
7. How do the Christians react to Barabbas' presence?
(a) They angrily cast him out of the assembly.
(b) They appear indifferent to his presence.
(c) They cheerfully weclome him into their homes.
(d) They are uncomfortable around him.
8. What does Barabbas give the girl he meets in Jerusalem?
(a) A letter.
(b) A necklace.
(c) Most of his meal.
(d) A kiss.
9. Why doesn't Barabbas believe Jesus is the Son of God?
(a) He feels that God would not bother with unclean humanity.
(b) He does not believe in miracles.
(c) He saw Jesus, and he looked like a man, not a god.
(d) He feels the son of God would not have allowed himself to die.
10. Whom does the red-bearded man and his group believe that the crucified man is?
(a) A great healer.
(b) The Son of Man and the Son of God.
(c) A misunderstood carpenter.
(d) The Great Prophet.
11. What event causes the soldiers near the cross to jump to their feet and grab their weapons?
(a) Thunder roars and lightening begins to flash.
(b) The hill goes dark.
(c) The crowd presses too close.
(d) They see Barabbas.
12. Why does the red-beaded man feel guilty?
(a) He lied to Barabbas.
(b) He betrayed his Master by denying him.
(c) He stole money from the disciples.
(d) He betrayed his Master to the Roman soldiers.
13. To what does the fat woman attribute Barabbas's odd behavior after he returns from the village on the mountain?
(a) He is lying.
(b) He has become insane like the man on the mountain.
(c) He has been posessed by the crucified man's spirit.
(d) He trying to become a better man.
14. What do Barabbas and the red-bearded man discuss?
(a) His relationship with the hare-lipped girl.
(b) The crucified man and his ministry.
(c) The odd weather.
(d) The unusual quiet of the marketplace.
15. Whom does Barabbas continue to seek out while he stays in Jerusalem?
(a) The potter.
(b) The hare-lipped girl.
(c) The fat woman.
(d) The followers of Jesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the believers begin to call Barabbas after he returns from his visit to the village on the mountain?
2. What does the red-bearded man do when he discovers that Barabbas has been eavesdropping?
3. What does the believer that Barabbas meets in the village on the mountain look like?
4. At the end of the evening, who is left with the Fat Woman?
5. Why doesn't Barabbas believe that the man on the cross is the Messiah?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)