|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the believer describe the "realm of the dead"?
(a) A beautiful meadow.
(b) Just like home, only cleaner and better.
(c) A path of light.
(d) As nothing.
2. What does Barabbas notice about the woman he believes is the mother of the man on the cross?
(a) She cries and clings to a man who grieves for Jesus.
(b) She looks older than her years.
(c) She stares angrily at him.
(d) She seems unable to demonstrate the full depths of her grief.
3. What does Barabbas do after he leaves the tomb?
(a) Returns to the city with the hare-lipped girl.
(b) Wanders through the desert.
(c) Rejoins his band of thieves.
(d) Goes to the temple alone.
4. What does the hare-lipped girl do after the red-beaded man speaks to the Christians?
(a) She clears the dishes.
(b) She leaves the building in tears.
(c) She speaks to the believers.
(d) She speaks to Barabbas.
5. How did the believers react to the hare-lipped girl after the red-bearded man spoke to them?
(a) They appear to be embarrassed for her.
(b) They applaud.
(c) They argue with her.
(d) They ignore her presence.
6. When does the red-bearded man believe that the Master will return?
(a) At the end of time.
(b) On the third day.
(c) The next day.
7. Why does Barabbas feel that he cannot be forgiven for his sins?
(a) Because he doesn't believe in God.
(b) Because he doesn't believe in sin.
(c) Because he hasn't paid for them.
(d) Because he was born a thief and a murderer.
8. Barabbas overhears two men talking the day after the crucifixion; What does Barabbas think they are talking about?
(a) The hare-lipped girl.
(b) The crucified man.
(c) The dim sunlight.
(d) The quiet marketplace.
9. What comment does the fat woman make that offends the girl Barabbas meets in Jerusalem?
(a) The Romans made the right decision to set Barabbas free.
(b) Barabbas should have been crucified.
(c) It doesn't matter who was crucified, as long as Barabbas was saved.
(d) The Jews made the right decision to set Barabbas free.
10. What explanation did the the red-bearded man give for the crucifixion?
(a) The Jewish people are fickle.
(b) The Master had to suffer and die for them.
(c) The Romans are out to destroy Israel.
(d) The Pharisees are trying to destroy the Christians.
11. What does the woman at the Fat Woman's house say about the man on the cross?
(a) He was the Savior.
(b) He must have been guilty.
(c) She had seen him perform miracles.
(d) He was a false prophet.
12. What event does Barabbas deny seeing that the red-bearded man describes seeing on Golgotha.
(a) The halo around Jesus.
(b) The grieving mother.
(c) The darkness that covered the hill.
(d) The frightened soldiers.
13. Why would Barabbas normally avoid Golgotha?
(a) His father was crucified on Golgotha.
(b) He feels it is an unclean place of death.
(c) It is far out of his way.
(d) He knows he will hang there one day.
14. What opinion does Barabbas give the red-bearded man about his feeling of guilt?
(a) He should give the temple as much money as he can.
(b) He should offer a sacrifice to God.
(c) His sin is too horrible to forgive.
(d) His action could be forgiven.
15. What does Barabbas note about the thief who was executed next to the man on the cross?
(a) He was a lazy thief.
(b) He was unlucky.
(c) That he deserved to die.
(d) He had been a good thief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What business keeps Barabbas in Jerusalem?
2. How do the Christians react to Barabbas' presence?
3. What does the believer find odd about Barabbas's question?
4. What event does Barabbas accuse the red-bearded man of falsifying?
5. What does Barabbas do before everyone leaves the low-vaulted room?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)