|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Towards the end of his conversation with Barabbas, what does the passing group of men tell the red-beaded man?
(a) The Pharisees were coming.
(b) The Master had risen from the dead.
(c) The Roman soldiers were on their way.
(d) Barabbas was the one that was supposed to die on Golgotha.
2. What observation does Barabbas make about the conviction of man on the cross?
(a) The Jews were screaming for his blood, so he must have been guilty.
(b) It's obvious that he is innocent of any crime.
(c) It's a shame that an innocent man had to die.
(d) The Romans are unfair.
3. While in the Fat Woman's house in Jerusalem, where do the men occasionally go?
(a) Out to get more wine.
(b) Outside to use the restroom.
(c) Upstairs to have a smoke.
(d) Behind the curtain with the women.
4. What did the hare-lipped girl see at the tomb?
(a) Two Roman soldiers.
(b) The red-bearded man.
(d) An angel.
5. Why would Barabbas normally avoid Golgotha?
(a) He knows he will hang there one day.
(b) His father was crucified on Golgotha.
(c) He feels it is an unclean place of death.
(d) It is far out of his way.
6. Where does Barabbas spend his first night after arriving in Jerusalem?
(a) At his mother's house.
(b) Under a fig tree.
(c) At the Fat Woman's house.
(d) At a local inn.
7. What does Barabbas notice about the tomb when the sun rises?
(a) It shines.
(b) It seems normal.
(c) It is empty.
(d) It is glowing.
8. Barabbas overhears two men talking the day after the crucifixion; What does Barabbas think they are talking about?
(a) The quiet marketplace.
(b) The crucified man.
(c) The dim sunlight.
(d) The hare-lipped girl.
9. Whom does Barabbas see near his hiding place?
(a) The hare-lipped girl.
(b) Two Roman soldiers.
(d) The red-bearded man.
10. Where was Barabbas when the man on the cross was arrested?
(a) In front of the governor.
(b) In prison, awaiting his own execution.
(c) In the marketplace.
(d) On his way to Golgatha.
11. What does the hare-lipped girl believe will happen on the third day after the crucifixion?
(a) The blind man will see.
(b) The leper will be healed.
(c) That the crucified man will rise from the dead.
(d) She will be healed of her deformity.
12. What does the believer find odd about Barabbas's question?
(a) He is surprised at Barabbas's unbelief.
(b) No one else has ever commented on his appearance.
(c) No one else has argued with him about heaven.
(d) No one else has ever asked him about the "realm of the dead."
13. Which follower of Jesus is Barabbas invited to meet?
(a) The apostle Paul.
(b) A man whom Jesus raised from the dead.
(c) Mary, the mother of Jesus.
(d) Mary Magdalene, a follower of Jesus.
14. What explanation did the the red-bearded man give for the crucifixion?
(a) The Romans are out to destroy Israel.
(b) The Master had to suffer and die for them.
(c) The Pharisees are trying to destroy the Christians.
(d) The Jewish people are fickle.
15. What event does Barabbas accuse the red-bearded man of falsifying?
(a) The earthquake.
(b) The miracles.
(c) The resurrection.
(d) The darkness that covered the hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving the tomb, whom does Barabbas question about Christian doctrine?
2. As he lies on his sleeping mat, what conclusion does Barabbas come to about the things he saw on Golgotha?
3. What do the men do after returning from their brief excursions?
4. At the end of the evening, who is left with the Fat Woman?
5. What name does the passing group of men call Barabbas?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)