|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barabbas share with the believer he meets in the village on the mountain?
(a) A secret.
(b) A walk.
(c) A drink.
(d) A meal.
2. After leaving the tomb, whom does Barabbas question about Christian doctrine?
(a) The red-bearded man.
(b) The hare-lipped girl.
(c) The potter.
(d) The blind man.
3. What did the hare-lipped girl not ask Jesus to do for her?
(a) Make Barabbas love her.
(b) Heal her deformed lip.
(c) Feed her.
(d) Make her wealthy.
4. What did Jesus tell the hare-lipped girl she would do?
(a) Become famous.
(b) Become whole.
(c) Bear witness for him.
(d) Tell the Pharisees about him.
5. How does the believer describe the "realm of the dead"?
(a) As nothing.
(b) A beautiful meadow.
(c) Just like home, only cleaner and better.
(d) A path of light.
6. Why were the Jewish people given the opportunity to pardon one prisoner's death sentence?
(a) The Romans always pardoned one prisioner each month.
(b) They were being rewarded by the Roman government.
(c) The priests paid the Romans for one prisioner each year.
(d) It is a tradition during the Passover holiday.
7. Where does the hare-lipped girl live?
(a) At the Dung Gate.
(b) With the fat woman.
(c) Near the temple.
(d) In the low-vaulted room.
8. How does Barabbas react to the physical appearance of the believer he meets in the village on the mountain?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is curious, yet cautious.
(c) He is repulsed.
(d) He is surprised.
9. Where is Barabbas hidden just before sunrise on the third day after the crucifixion?
(a) Near the tomb.
(b) In a nearby cave.
(c) Near the temple.
(d) Behind the low-vaulted room.
10. What does Barabbas notice about the woman he believes is the mother of the man on the cross?
(a) She looks older than her years.
(b) She seems unable to demonstrate the full depths of her grief.
(c) She stares angrily at him.
(d) She cries and clings to a man who grieves for Jesus.
11. What reaction does Barabbas have to the red-bearded man's claims about the crucified man?
(a) Barabbas tells the red-bearded man his belief is flawed.
(b) Barabbas walks away.
(c) Barabbas accuses the red-beaded man of lying.
(d) Barabbas laughs at the red-bearded man.
12. During his first night after arriving in Jerusalem, what does Barabbas think about as he lies on his sleeping mat?
(a) The man on the cross and the darkness on the hill.
(b) His father.
(c) The girl and the child.
(d) The fat woman.
13. Which follower of Jesus is Barabbas invited to meet?
(a) Mary, the mother of Jesus.
(b) The apostle Paul.
(c) A man whom Jesus raised from the dead.
(d) Mary Magdalene, a follower of Jesus.
14. Why does Barabbas feel uncomfortable with the group?
(a) He is not one of the group.
(b) They stare angrily at him.
(c) He wishes to steal, but cannot.
(d) He is the only man in the group.
15. What does Barabbas give the girl he meets in Jerusalem?
(a) A kiss.
(b) A letter.
(c) Most of his meal.
(d) A necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event takes place in the low-vaulted room?
2. How does the girl that Barabbas meets in Jerusalem appear?
3. What does Barabbas notice about the tomb when the sun rises?
4. What does Barabbas look like?
5. What does the believer find odd about Barabbas's question?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)