|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Barabbas refer to the girl he meets in Jerusalem?
(a) The girl in Jerusalem.
(b) The girl.
(c) The girl of his dream.
(d) The girl with the hare-lip.
2. What does the believer find odd about Barabbas's question?
(a) No one else has ever asked him about the "realm of the dead."
(b) He is surprised at Barabbas's unbelief.
(c) No one else has argued with him about heaven.
(d) No one else has ever commented on his appearance.
3. What event does Barabbas deny seeing that the red-bearded man describes seeing on Golgotha.
(a) The frightened soldiers.
(b) The halo around Jesus.
(c) The darkness that covered the hill.
(d) The grieving mother.
4. Why doesn't Barabbas believe that the man on the cross is the Messiah?
(a) Because the man didn't save himself.
(b) Because Barabbas is too cynical.
(c) Because Barabbas knows he is guilty.
(d) Because Barabbas dislikes the Jews.
5. What does Barabbas do before everyone leaves the low-vaulted room?
(a) He slips out unnoticed.
(b) He speaks to the hare-lipped girl.
(c) He eats bread and drinks wine.
(d) He speaks to the group.
6. What observation does Barabbas make about the conviction of man on the cross?
(a) It's a shame that an innocent man had to die.
(b) The Romans are unfair.
(c) It's obvious that he is innocent of any crime.
(d) The Jews were screaming for his blood, so he must have been guilty.
7. What does Barabbas think has happened to Jesus' body?
(a) Jesus' followers have taken the body away in the night.
(b) Jesus has risen from the dead.
(c) The Roman soldiers removed his body the night before.
(d) The body was never actually in the tomb.
8. What do the believers begin to call Barabbas after he returns from his visit to the village on the mountain?
(a) Barabbas the doubter.
(b) Barabbas the acquitted.
(c) Barabbas the blessed.
(d) Barabbas the thief.
9. While in the Fat Woman's house in Jerusalem, where do the men occasionally go?
(a) Upstairs to have a smoke.
(b) Outside to use the restroom.
(c) Out to get more wine.
(d) Behind the curtain with the women.
10. What does the believer that Barabbas meets in the village on the mountain look like?
(a) Robust and healthy.
(b) Unusually cheerful and attractive.
(c) Like any normal man.
(d) Parched skin and lack-luster eyes.
11. After leaving the tomb, whom does Barabbas question about Christian doctrine?
(a) The blind man.
(b) The hare-lipped girl.
(c) The red-bearded man.
(d) The potter.
12. At the end of the evening, who is left with the Fat Woman?
(a) Everyone stays the night.
(b) The girl.
(c) The other women.
13. Barabbas overhears two men talking the day after the crucifixion; What does Barabbas think they are talking about?
(a) The hare-lipped girl.
(b) The crucified man.
(c) The dim sunlight.
(d) The quiet marketplace.
14. When does the red-bearded man believe that the Master will return?
(a) On the third day.
(b) The next day.
(d) At the end of time.
15. What did the hare-lipped girl not ask Jesus to do for her?
(a) Make Barabbas love her.
(b) Heal her deformed lip.
(c) Make her wealthy.
(d) Feed her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barabbas notice about the man carrying the cross as the man prepares to go up the hill?
2. How well does Barabbas sleep during his first night after arriving in Jerusalem?
3. How does the fat woman feel about Barabbas?
4. How do the Christians react to Barabbas' presence?
5. What does the hare-lipped girl do after the red-beaded man speaks to the Christians?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)