|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the believers react to the hare-lipped girl after the red-bearded man spoke to them?
(a) They applaud.
(b) They argue with her.
(c) They appear to be embarrassed for her.
(d) They ignore her presence.
2. Whom does the red-bearded man and his group believe that the crucified man is?
(a) A misunderstood carpenter.
(b) A great healer.
(c) The Son of Man and the Son of God.
(d) The Great Prophet.
3. During his first night after arriving in Jerusalem, what does Barabbas think about as he lies on his sleeping mat?
(a) His father.
(b) The man on the cross and the darkness on the hill.
(c) The girl and the child.
(d) The fat woman.
4. What does Barabbas do before everyone leaves the low-vaulted room?
(a) He slips out unnoticed.
(b) He eats bread and drinks wine.
(c) He speaks to the group.
(d) He speaks to the hare-lipped girl.
5. How well does Barabbas sleep during his first night after arriving in Jerusalem?
(a) He sleeps for an hour, then suddenly awakes.
(b) He immediately falls into a drunken slumber.
(c) He is unable to sleep.
(d) He tosses and turns before eventually falling asleep.
6. What do the men do after returning from their brief excursions?
(a) Greet Barabbas.
(b) Eat and talk more.
(d) Wash their hands.
7. What did Jesus tell the hare-lipped girl she would do?
(a) Become famous.
(b) Tell the Pharisees about him.
(c) Bear witness for him.
(d) Become whole.
8. While in the Fat Woman's house in Jerusalem, where do the men occasionally go?
(a) Outside to use the restroom.
(b) Out to get more wine.
(c) Behind the curtain with the women.
(d) Upstairs to have a smoke.
9. What does the hare-lipped girl do after the red-beaded man speaks to the Christians?
(a) She clears the dishes.
(b) She leaves the building in tears.
(c) She speaks to Barabbas.
(d) She speaks to the believers.
10. Where is Barabbas hidden just before sunrise on the third day after the crucifixion?
(a) In a nearby cave.
(b) Near the temple.
(c) Behind the low-vaulted room.
(d) Near the tomb.
11. What does the hare-lipped girl believe will happen once the third day after the crucifixion has passed?
(a) The sick will be healed and the hungry will be fed.
(b) The Roman Empire will fall.
(c) The world will be destroyed.
(d) The emperor will die.
12. How does Barabbas react to the comments that the passing group of men make towards him and the red-beaded man?
(a) He walks away without looking back.
(b) He argues angrily with the men.
(c) He hits the leader of the group.
(d) He pulls out a knife.
13. What explanation did the the red-bearded man give for the crucifixion?
(a) The Master had to suffer and die for them.
(b) The Pharisees are trying to destroy the Christians.
(c) The Jewish people are fickle.
(d) The Romans are out to destroy Israel.
14. How do the Christians react to Barabbas' presence?
(a) They cheerfully weclome him into their homes.
(b) They are uncomfortable around him.
(c) They angrily cast him out of the assembly.
(d) They appear indifferent to his presence.
15. What does the red-bearded man do when he discovers that Barabbas has been eavesdropping?
(a) He glares at Barabbas.
(b) He stays.
(c) He yells at Barabbas.
(d) He ignores Barabbas and continues to talk to his friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What warning does the red-beaded man give the believers?
2. What reaction does Barabbas have to the red-bearded man's claims about the crucified man?
3. What do Barabbas and the red-bearded man discuss?
4. At the end of the evening, who is left with the Fat Woman?
5. What event does Barabbas accuse the red-bearded man of falsifying?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)