|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barabbas notice about the man carrying the cross as the man prepares to go up the hill?
(a) He has a halo of light about him.
(b) He looks at Barabbas.
(c) The crowd is pushing him along.
(d) He seems calm.
2. What does Barabbas ask the woman who talks about the man on the cross?
(a) What kinds of miracles he performed and sermons he delivered.
(b) What type of crime was he accused of.
(c) Who his followers were.
(d) Where his body was laid and what was supposed to happen to it.
3. Why does the red-beaded man feel guilty?
(a) He betrayed his Master to the Roman soldiers.
(b) He betrayed his Master by denying him.
(c) He lied to Barabbas.
(d) He stole money from the disciples.
4. What explanation did the the red-bearded man give for the crucifixion?
(a) The Master had to suffer and die for them.
(b) The Pharisees are trying to destroy the Christians.
(c) The Jewish people are fickle.
(d) The Romans are out to destroy Israel.
5. What does the hare-lipped girl do after the red-beaded man speaks to the Christians?
(a) She leaves the building in tears.
(b) She clears the dishes.
(c) She speaks to Barabbas.
(d) She speaks to the believers.
6. What does Barabbas notice about the tomb when the sun rises?
(a) It is empty.
(b) It shines.
(c) It seems normal.
(d) It is glowing.
7. What does the believer find odd about Barabbas's question?
(a) No one else has ever commented on his appearance.
(b) He is surprised at Barabbas's unbelief.
(c) No one else has argued with him about heaven.
(d) No one else has ever asked him about the "realm of the dead."
8. During his first night after arriving in Jerusalem, what does Barabbas think about as he lies on his sleeping mat?
(a) The fat woman.
(b) The man on the cross and the darkness on the hill.
(c) His father.
(d) The girl and the child.
9. What does the believer that Barabbas meets in the village on the mountain look like?
(a) Parched skin and lack-luster eyes.
(b) Robust and healthy.
(c) Like any normal man.
(d) Unusually cheerful and attractive.
10. Whom does the red-bearded man and his group believe that the crucified man is?
(a) The Son of Man and the Son of God.
(b) A great healer.
(c) A misunderstood carpenter.
(d) The Great Prophet.
11. What do Barabbas and the red-bearded man discuss?
(a) The unusual quiet of the marketplace.
(b) The crucified man and his ministry.
(c) His relationship with the hare-lipped girl.
(d) The odd weather.
12. What does Barabbas do after he leaves the tomb?
(a) Rejoins his band of thieves.
(b) Wanders through the desert.
(c) Returns to the city with the hare-lipped girl.
(d) Goes to the temple alone.
13. Barabbas overhears two men talking the day after the crucifixion; What does Barabbas think they are talking about?
(a) The crucified man.
(b) The quiet marketplace.
(c) The dim sunlight.
(d) The hare-lipped girl.
14. What do the believers begin to call Barabbas after he returns from his visit to the village on the mountain?
(a) Barabbas the doubter.
(b) Barabbas the acquitted.
(c) Barabbas the thief.
(d) Barabbas the blessed.
15. What does Barabbas notice about the woman he believes is the mother of the man on the cross?
(a) She looks older than her years.
(b) She stares angrily at him.
(c) She seems unable to demonstrate the full depths of her grief.
(d) She cries and clings to a man who grieves for Jesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the fat woman attribute Barabbas's odd behavior after he returns from the village on the mountain?
2. Where was Barabbas when the man on the cross was arrested?
3. What does the hare-lipped girl believe will happen once the third day after the crucifixion has passed?
4. Why does Barabbas feel uncomfortable with the group?
5. After Barabbas returns to the believers after his visit to the village on the mountain, what does he tell the believers?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)