|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does the red-bearded man and his group believe that the crucified man is?
(a) The Great Prophet.
(b) The Son of Man and the Son of God.
(c) A great healer.
(d) A misunderstood carpenter.
2. What does the hare-lipped girl do after the red-beaded man speaks to the Christians?
(a) She speaks to the believers.
(b) She leaves the building in tears.
(c) She clears the dishes.
(d) She speaks to Barabbas.
3. After Barabbas returns to the believers after his visit to the village on the mountain, what does he tell the believers?
(a) The man on the mountain is posessed.
(b) The man on the mountain is insane.
(c) Jesus did the right thing, but that doesn't make him the Son of God.
(d) Jesus had no right to raise the believer from the dead.
4. What do Barabbas and the red-bearded man discuss?
(a) The crucified man and his ministry.
(b) The unusual quiet of the marketplace.
(c) The odd weather.
(d) His relationship with the hare-lipped girl.
5. Why does Barabbas feel he has a stronger bond with Jesus than the Christians?
(a) Because they share the same birthday.
(b) Because Jesus was a loner, like himself.
(c) Because Jesus literally died in his place on the cross.
(d) Because Barabbas sees Jesus for who he really is.
6. What comment does the fat woman make that offends the girl Barabbas meets in Jerusalem?
(a) The Romans made the right decision to set Barabbas free.
(b) It doesn't matter who was crucified, as long as Barabbas was saved.
(c) Barabbas should have been crucified.
(d) The Jews made the right decision to set Barabbas free.
7. What do the believers begin to call Barabbas after he returns from his visit to the village on the mountain?
(a) Barabbas the doubter.
(b) Barabbas the acquitted.
(c) Barabbas the thief.
(d) Barabbas the blessed.
8. How does Barabbas expect the Christians to react to his presence?
(a) Pleased to have a potential convert.
(b) Upset with his past.
(c) Angry with his betrayal.
(d) Surprised at his daring.
9. How does the believer describe the "realm of the dead"?
(a) A beautiful meadow.
(b) A path of light.
(c) Just like home, only cleaner and better.
(d) As nothing.
10. How does Barabbas refer to the girl he meets in Jerusalem?
(a) The girl in Jerusalem.
(b) The girl.
(c) The girl with the hare-lip.
(d) The girl of his dream.
11. What does Barabbas note about the thief who was executed next to the man on the cross?
(a) That he deserved to die.
(b) He was a lazy thief.
(c) He was unlucky.
(d) He had been a good thief.
12. Towards the end of his conversation with Barabbas, what does the passing group of men tell the red-beaded man?
(a) The Pharisees were coming.
(b) The Roman soldiers were on their way.
(c) Barabbas was the one that was supposed to die on Golgotha.
(d) The Master had risen from the dead.
13. What opinion does Barabbas give the red-bearded man about his feeling of guilt?
(a) He should offer a sacrifice to God.
(b) His action could be forgiven.
(c) He should give the temple as much money as he can.
(d) His sin is too horrible to forgive.
14. What does Barabbas do after he leaves the tomb?
(a) Goes to the temple alone.
(b) Rejoins his band of thieves.
(c) Returns to the city with the hare-lipped girl.
(d) Wanders through the desert.
15. What reaction does Barabbas have to the red-bearded man's claims about the crucified man?
(a) Barabbas walks away.
(b) Barabbas laughs at the red-bearded man.
(c) Barabbas tells the red-bearded man his belief is flawed.
(d) Barabbas accuses the red-beaded man of lying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barabbas ask the girl he meets in Jerusalem?
2. After leaving the tomb, whom does Barabbas question about Christian doctrine?
3. What did Barabbas find in the low-vaulted room?
4. Barabbas overhears two men talking the day after the crucifixion; What does Barabbas think they are talking about?
5. When Barabbas is eavesdropping on the two men in Jerusalem, what causes him to lean closer to the men?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)