|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event does Barabbas deny seeing that the red-bearded man describes seeing on Golgotha.
(a) The grieving mother.
(b) The darkness that covered the hill.
(c) The halo around Jesus.
(d) The frightened soldiers.
2. Where does the hare-lipped girl live?
(a) At the Dung Gate.
(b) With the fat woman.
(c) Near the temple.
(d) In the low-vaulted room.
3. What event does Barabbas accuse the red-bearded man of falsifying?
(a) The earthquake.
(b) The resurrection.
(c) The darkness that covered the hill.
(d) The miracles.
4. Why does Barabbas feel uncomfortable with the group?
(a) They stare angrily at him.
(b) He is the only man in the group.
(c) He wishes to steal, but cannot.
(d) He is not one of the group.
5. To what do Barabbas's friends attribute the unusual events Barabbas saw while at Golgotha?
(a) His emotional state after experiencing such a brutal crucifixion.
(b) God's intervention in the crucifixion.
(c) His mental state after enduring the ordeal of the trial.
(d) His eyes adjusting to daylight after having been in the dungeon.
6. Whom does Barabbas see near his hiding place?
(a) The hare-lipped girl.
(b) Two Roman soldiers.
(c) The red-bearded man.
7. Why doesn't Barabbas believe that the man on the cross is the Messiah?
(a) Because Barabbas knows he is guilty.
(b) Because Barabbas dislikes the Jews.
(c) Because Barabbas is too cynical.
(d) Because the man didn't save himself.
8. Where is Barabbas hidden just before sunrise on the third day after the crucifixion?
(a) Near the temple.
(b) In a nearby cave.
(c) Near the tomb.
(d) Behind the low-vaulted room.
9. Whom does the red-bearded man and his group believe that the crucified man is?
(a) The Son of Man and the Son of God.
(b) A great healer.
(c) A misunderstood carpenter.
(d) The Great Prophet.
10. When the book opens, where is Barabbas standing?
(a) In the marketplace.
(b) Near the cross.
(c) At the bottom of the hill.
(d) In front of the governor.
11. Barabbas overhears two men talking the day after the crucifixion; What does Barabbas think they are talking about?
(a) The dim sunlight.
(b) The hare-lipped girl.
(c) The crucified man.
(d) The quiet marketplace.
12. What does the woman at the Fat Woman's house say about the man on the cross?
(a) She had seen him perform miracles.
(b) He was the Savior.
(c) He was a false prophet.
(d) He must have been guilty.
13. What does the hare-lipped girl do after the red-beaded man speaks to the Christians?
(a) She clears the dishes.
(b) She speaks to Barabbas.
(c) She leaves the building in tears.
(d) She speaks to the believers.
14. What does Barabbas give the girl he meets in Jerusalem?
(a) A letter.
(b) A kiss.
(c) A necklace.
(d) Most of his meal.
15. What does Barabbas notice about the woman he believes is the mother of the man on the cross?
(a) She looks older than her years.
(b) She seems unable to demonstrate the full depths of her grief.
(c) She cries and clings to a man who grieves for Jesus.
(d) She stares angrily at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What explanation did the red-bearded man give for Barabbas's interest in the crucified man?
2. What does the hare-lipped girl believe will happen on the third day after the crucifixion?
3. What answer does Barabbas receive about Christian doctrine?
4. What does Barabbas ask the woman who talks about the man on the cross?
5. As he lies on his sleeping mat, what conclusion does Barabbas come to about the things he saw on Golgotha?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)