|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barabbas think has happened to Jesus' body?
(a) Jesus' followers have taken the body away in the night.
(b) The body was never actually in the tomb.
(c) The Roman soldiers removed his body the night before.
(d) Jesus has risen from the dead.
2. How does Barabbas expect the Christians to react to his presence?
(a) Angry with his betrayal.
(b) Pleased to have a potential convert.
(c) Upset with his past.
(d) Surprised at his daring.
3. What did the hare-lipped girl see at the tomb?
(a) The red-bearded man.
(c) Two Roman soldiers.
(d) An angel.
4. Why does Barabbas feel uncomfortable with the group?
(a) He wishes to steal, but cannot.
(b) They stare angrily at him.
(c) He is not one of the group.
(d) He is the only man in the group.
5. What does the hare-lipped girl believe will happen once the third day after the crucifixion has passed?
(a) The sick will be healed and the hungry will be fed.
(b) The emperor will die.
(c) The Roman Empire will fall.
(d) The world will be destroyed.
6. When the book opens, where is Barabbas standing?
(a) At the bottom of the hill.
(b) In the marketplace.
(c) Near the cross.
(d) In front of the governor.
7. To what does the fat woman attribute Barabbas's odd behavior after he returns from the village on the mountain?
(a) He is lying.
(b) He trying to become a better man.
(c) He has become insane like the man on the mountain.
(d) He has been posessed by the crucified man's spirit.
8. What did Barabbas find in the low-vaulted room?
(a) The fat woman.
(b) A gathering of Christians.
(c) A box.
(d) The remains of a shroud.
9. Why does Barabbas choose to attend the crucifixion?
(a) He feels a strange power prompting him to attend the crucifixion.
(b) He is swept along with the crowd.
(c) He wants to see the man who took his place.
(d) His friends encourage him to go.
10. At the end of the evening, who is left with the Fat Woman?
(a) Everyone stays the night.
(c) The other women.
(d) The girl.
11. Towards the end of his conversation with Barabbas, what does the passing group of men tell the red-beaded man?
(a) The Master had risen from the dead.
(b) Barabbas was the one that was supposed to die on Golgotha.
(c) The Roman soldiers were on their way.
(d) The Pharisees were coming.
12. As he lies on his sleeping mat, what conclusion does Barabbas come to about the things he saw on Golgotha?
(a) The fat woman was right about the man on the cross.
(b) That he imagined all the unusual events he experienced.
(c) That what he saw is real, but he has no explanation for what he saw.
(d) The Romans are evil and should all be destroyed.
13. What event does Barabbas deny seeing that the red-bearded man describes seeing on Golgotha.
(a) The grieving mother.
(b) The darkness that covered the hill.
(c) The halo around Jesus.
(d) The frightened soldiers.
14. What comment does the fat woman make that offends the girl Barabbas meets in Jerusalem?
(a) Barabbas should have been crucified.
(b) The Romans made the right decision to set Barabbas free.
(c) It doesn't matter who was crucified, as long as Barabbas was saved.
(d) The Jews made the right decision to set Barabbas free.
15. Barabbas overhears two men talking the day after the crucifixion; What does Barabbas think they are talking about?
(a) The crucified man.
(b) The hare-lipped girl.
(c) The quiet marketplace.
(d) The dim sunlight.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving the tomb, whom does Barabbas question about Christian doctrine?
2. Why does the red-beaded man feel guilty?
3. What does the red-bearded man do when he discovers that Barabbas has been eavesdropping?
4. What did the hare-lipped girl not ask Jesus to do for her?
5. Whom does Barabbas continue to seek out while he stays in Jerusalem?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)