|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What observation does Barabbas make about the conviction of man on the cross?
(a) The Romans are unfair.
(b) It's a shame that an innocent man had to die.
(c) The Jews were screaming for his blood, so he must have been guilty.
(d) It's obvious that he is innocent of any crime.
2. What does Barabbas notice about the woman he believes is the mother of the man on the cross?
(a) She looks older than her years.
(b) She seems unable to demonstrate the full depths of her grief.
(c) She cries and clings to a man who grieves for Jesus.
(d) She stares angrily at him.
3. What does Barabbas ask the girl he meets in Jerusalem?
(a) If she saw the darkness.
(b) Where she has been.
(c) Where the child is.
(d) If she has received news from Gilgal.
4. What does Barabbas share with the believer he meets in the village on the mountain?
(a) A secret.
(b) A walk.
(c) A drink.
(d) A meal.
5. What event does Barabbas deny seeing that the red-bearded man describes seeing on Golgotha.
(a) The halo around Jesus.
(b) The darkness that covered the hill.
(c) The frightened soldiers.
(d) The grieving mother.
6. What does the believer find odd about Barabbas's question?
(a) He is surprised at Barabbas's unbelief.
(b) No one else has argued with him about heaven.
(c) No one else has ever asked him about the "realm of the dead."
(d) No one else has ever commented on his appearance.
7. What reaction does Barabbas have to the red-bearded man's claims about the crucified man?
(a) Barabbas tells the red-bearded man his belief is flawed.
(b) Barabbas walks away.
(c) Barabbas accuses the red-beaded man of lying.
(d) Barabbas laughs at the red-bearded man.
8. After leaving the tomb, whom does Barabbas question about Christian doctrine?
(a) The red-bearded man.
(b) The hare-lipped girl.
(c) The potter.
(d) The blind man.
9. Where does the hare-lipped girl live?
(a) At the Dung Gate.
(b) In the low-vaulted room.
(c) With the fat woman.
(d) Near the temple.
10. What answer does Barabbas receive about Christian doctrine?
(a) Serve well.
(b) Pray without ceasing.
(c) Do good.
(d) Love each other.
11. What explanation did the the red-bearded man give for the crucifixion?
(a) The Romans are out to destroy Israel.
(b) The Master had to suffer and die for them.
(c) The Jewish people are fickle.
(d) The Pharisees are trying to destroy the Christians.
12. What opinion does Barabbas give the red-bearded man about his feeling of guilt?
(a) His action could be forgiven.
(b) He should offer a sacrifice to God.
(c) His sin is too horrible to forgive.
(d) He should give the temple as much money as he can.
13. What business keeps Barabbas in Jerusalem?
(a) He joins the potter.
(b) He works at the temple.
(d) He steals from the Christians.
14. To what do Barabbas's friends attribute the unusual events Barabbas saw while at Golgotha?
(a) His mental state after enduring the ordeal of the trial.
(b) His eyes adjusting to daylight after having been in the dungeon.
(c) God's intervention in the crucifixion.
(d) His emotional state after experiencing such a brutal crucifixion.
15. Why does Barabbas feel uncomfortable with the group?
(a) They stare angrily at him.
(b) He is not one of the group.
(c) He is the only man in the group.
(d) He wishes to steal, but cannot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What warning does the red-beaded man give the believers?
2. Who greets Barabbas and the girl as they walk down the streets of Jerusalem?
3. What name does the passing group of men call Barabbas?
4. What explanation did the red-bearded man give for Barabbas's interest in the crucified man?
5. What did Barabbas find in the low-vaulted room?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)