|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Barabbas find in the low-vaulted room?
(a) A box.
(b) A gathering of Christians.
(c) The fat woman.
(d) The remains of a shroud.
2. What do the believers begin to call Barabbas after he returns from his visit to the village on the mountain?
(a) Barabbas the acquitted.
(b) Barabbas the doubter.
(c) Barabbas the thief.
(d) Barabbas the blessed.
3. What does the hare-lipped girl believe will happen on the third day after the crucifixion?
(a) That the crucified man will rise from the dead.
(b) The blind man will see.
(c) The leper will be healed.
(d) She will be healed of her deformity.
4. What reaction does Barabbas have to the red-bearded man's claims about the crucified man?
(a) Barabbas tells the red-bearded man his belief is flawed.
(b) Barabbas accuses the red-beaded man of lying.
(c) Barabbas laughs at the red-bearded man.
(d) Barabbas walks away.
5. What did the hare-lipped girl not ask Jesus to do for her?
(a) Feed her.
(b) Make Barabbas love her.
(c) Heal her deformed lip.
(d) Make her wealthy.
6. Where was Barabbas when the man on the cross was arrested?
(a) In the marketplace.
(b) On his way to Golgatha.
(c) In prison, awaiting his own execution.
(d) In front of the governor.
7. What does the believer that Barabbas meets in the village on the mountain look like?
(a) Like any normal man.
(b) Unusually cheerful and attractive.
(c) Robust and healthy.
(d) Parched skin and lack-luster eyes.
8. During his first night after arriving in Jerusalem, what does Barabbas think about as he lies on his sleeping mat?
(a) The girl and the child.
(b) The fat woman.
(c) His father.
(d) The man on the cross and the darkness on the hill.
9. Why doesn't Barabbas believe that the man on the cross is the Messiah?
(a) Because Barabbas dislikes the Jews.
(b) Because the man didn't save himself.
(c) Because Barabbas is too cynical.
(d) Because Barabbas knows he is guilty.
10. As he lies on his sleeping mat, what conclusion does Barabbas come to about the things he saw on Golgotha?
(a) The fat woman was right about the man on the cross.
(b) That he imagined all the unusual events he experienced.
(c) The Romans are evil and should all be destroyed.
(d) That what he saw is real, but he has no explanation for what he saw.
11. What does Barabbas notice about the man carrying the cross as the man prepares to go up the hill?
(a) He has a halo of light about him.
(b) He looks at Barabbas.
(c) The crowd is pushing him along.
(d) He seems calm.
12. Whom does the red-bearded man and his group believe that the crucified man is?
(a) The Son of Man and the Son of God.
(b) The Great Prophet.
(c) A misunderstood carpenter.
(d) A great healer.
13. Whom does Barabbas see near his hiding place?
(b) The red-bearded man.
(c) Two Roman soldiers.
(d) The hare-lipped girl.
14. What does Barabbas notice about the woman he believes is the mother of the man on the cross?
(a) She stares angrily at him.
(b) She cries and clings to a man who grieves for Jesus.
(c) She looks older than her years.
(d) She seems unable to demonstrate the full depths of her grief.
15. Why does Barabbas feel that he cannot be forgiven for his sins?
(a) Because he hasn't paid for them.
(b) Because he was born a thief and a murderer.
(c) Because he doesn't believe in God.
(d) Because he doesn't believe in sin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Barabbas react to the comments that the passing group of men make towards him and the red-beaded man?
2. Why would Barabbas normally avoid Golgotha?
3. Which follower of Jesus is Barabbas invited to meet?
4. What do the men do after returning from their brief excursions?
5. What does the red-bearded man do when he discovers that Barabbas has been eavesdropping?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)