|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men do after returning from their brief excursions?
(a) Greet Barabbas.
(c) Eat and talk more.
(d) Wash their hands.
2. What does the believer that Barabbas meets in the village on the mountain look like?
(a) Parched skin and lack-luster eyes.
(b) Unusually cheerful and attractive.
(c) Like any normal man.
(d) Robust and healthy.
3. What did the hare-lipped girl see at the tomb?
(a) Two Roman soldiers.
(b) The red-bearded man.
(d) An angel.
4. What answer does Barabbas receive about Christian doctrine?
(a) Serve well.
(b) Do good.
(c) Pray without ceasing.
(d) Love each other.
5. What does Barabbas pretend to want?
(a) To understand the Christian doctrine.
(b) A home and a family.
(d) A good skill.
6. What name does the passing group of men call Barabbas?
7. How do the Christians react to Barabbas' presence?
(a) They cheerfully weclome him into their homes.
(b) They angrily cast him out of the assembly.
(c) They appear indifferent to his presence.
(d) They are uncomfortable around him.
8. What does the woman at the Fat Woman's house say about the man on the cross?
(a) He must have been guilty.
(b) He was a false prophet.
(c) He was the Savior.
(d) She had seen him perform miracles.
9. How does Barabbas refer to the girl he meets in Jerusalem?
(a) The girl with the hare-lip.
(b) The girl in Jerusalem.
(c) The girl.
(d) The girl of his dream.
10. How does the believer describe the "realm of the dead"?
(a) A path of light.
(b) A beautiful meadow.
(c) As nothing.
(d) Just like home, only cleaner and better.
11. What does Barabbas do before everyone leaves the low-vaulted room?
(a) He speaks to the group.
(b) He eats bread and drinks wine.
(c) He speaks to the hare-lipped girl.
(d) He slips out unnoticed.
12. What event does Barabbas deny seeing that the red-bearded man describes seeing on Golgotha.
(a) The halo around Jesus.
(b) The grieving mother.
(c) The frightened soldiers.
(d) The darkness that covered the hill.
13. How does Barabbas react to the physical appearance of the believer he meets in the village on the mountain?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is surprised.
(c) He is curious, yet cautious.
(d) He is repulsed.
14. How does the girl that Barabbas meets in Jerusalem appear?
(a) She is dressed in rags and is obviously hungry.
(b) She is dressed like a whore.
(c) She is well dressed and well fed.
(d) She seems tired and worn out.
15. Why would Barabbas normally avoid Golgotha?
(a) His father was crucified on Golgotha.
(b) It is far out of his way.
(c) He feels it is an unclean place of death.
(d) He knows he will hang there one day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barabbas notice about the woman he believes is the mother of the man on the cross?
2. When does the red-bearded man believe that the Master will return?
3. Where is Barabbas hidden just before sunrise on the third day after the crucifixion?
4. What does Barabbas notice about the man carrying the cross as the man prepares to go up the hill?
5. To what do Barabbas's friends attribute the unusual events Barabbas saw while at Golgotha?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)