Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Towards the end of his conversation with Barabbas, what does the passing group of men tell the red-beaded man?
(a) The Master had risen from the dead.
(b) The Roman soldiers were on their way.
(c) The Pharisees were coming.
(d) Barabbas was the one that was supposed to die on Golgotha.
2. Whom does Barabbas see near his hiding place?
(a) The red-bearded man.
(b) The hare-lipped girl.
(c) Two Roman soldiers.
3. What does the believer find odd about Barabbas's question?
(a) No one else has ever commented on his appearance.
(b) No one else has ever asked him about the "realm of the dead."
(c) He is surprised at Barabbas's unbelief.
(d) No one else has argued with him about heaven.
4. Why does Barabbas feel uncomfortable with the group?
(a) He wishes to steal, but cannot.
(b) They stare angrily at him.
(c) He is the only man in the group.
(d) He is not one of the group.
5. After Barabbas returns to the believers after his visit to the village on the mountain, what does he tell the believers?
(a) The man on the mountain is posessed.
(b) Jesus did the right thing, but that doesn't make him the Son of God.
(c) Jesus had no right to raise the believer from the dead.
(d) The man on the mountain is insane.
6. What does Barabbas note about the thief who was executed next to the man on the cross?
(a) He had been a good thief.
(b) He was unlucky.
(c) He was a lazy thief.
(d) That he deserved to die.
7. How did the believers react to the hare-lipped girl after the red-bearded man spoke to them?
(a) They ignore her presence.
(b) They argue with her.
(c) They appear to be embarrassed for her.
(d) They applaud.
8. What event causes the soldiers near the cross to jump to their feet and grab their weapons?
(a) They see Barabbas.
(b) The crowd presses too close.
(c) The hill goes dark.
(d) Thunder roars and lightening begins to flash.
9. What does Barabbas ask the girl he meets in Jerusalem?
(a) If she has received news from Gilgal.
(b) If she saw the darkness.
(c) Where the child is.
(d) Where she has been.
10. What event does Barabbas deny seeing that the red-bearded man describes seeing on Golgotha.
(a) The halo around Jesus.
(b) The grieving mother.
(c) The darkness that covered the hill.
(d) The frightened soldiers.
11. Why does Barabbas choose to attend the crucifixion?
(a) He is swept along with the crowd.
(b) He feels a strange power prompting him to attend the crucifixion.
(c) He wants to see the man who took his place.
(d) His friends encourage him to go.
12. To what does the fat woman attribute Barabbas's odd behavior after he returns from the village on the mountain?
(a) He trying to become a better man.
(b) He is lying.
(c) He has become insane like the man on the mountain.
(d) He has been posessed by the crucified man's spirit.
13. What warning does the red-beaded man give the believers?
(a) The blind man is a Roman spy.
(b) They might soon be persecuted.
(c) The Romans demand bribes.
(d) Barabbas is a Roman spy.
14. How do the Christians react to Barabbas' presence?
(a) They appear indifferent to his presence.
(b) They are uncomfortable around him.
(c) They angrily cast him out of the assembly.
(d) They cheerfully weclome him into their homes.
15. How does the girl that Barabbas meets in Jerusalem appear?
(a) She is dressed in rags and is obviously hungry.
(b) She is well dressed and well fed.
(c) She seems tired and worn out.
(d) She is dressed like a whore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What answer does Barabbas receive about Christian doctrine?
2. What did Barabbas find in the low-vaulted room?
3. What event takes place in the low-vaulted room?
4. Why doesn't Barabbas believe that the man on the cross is the Messiah?
5. What does the hare-lipped girl believe will happen on the third day after the crucifixion?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)