Short Answer Key
Pages 1 through 21
1. When the book opens, where is Barabbas standing?
Near the cross.
2. Why does Barabbas feel uncomfortable with the group?
He is not one of the group.
3. Why would Barabbas normally avoid Golgotha?
He feels it is an unclean place of death.
4. What does Barabbas look like?
Around 30 years old with a reddish beard, black hair, and a scar on his cheek.
5. Where was Barabbas when the man on the cross was arrested?
In prison, awaiting his own execution.
6. Why were the Jewish people given the opportunity to pardon one prisoner's death sentence?
It is a tradition during the Passover holiday.
7. Why does Barabbas choose to attend the crucifixion?
He feels a strange power prompting him to attend the crucifixion.
8. What does Barabbas notice about the woman he believes is the mother of the man on...
This section contains 2,941 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)