|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 123 through 144.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Barabbas's mother after she gave birth to him?
(a) She died.
(b) She sailed to Egypt.
(c) She was taken captive by the Romans.
(d) She left him with Eliahu.
2. How does Barabbas react to the comments that the passing group of men make towards him and the red-beaded man?
(a) He pulls out a knife.
(b) He hits the leader of the group.
(c) He argues angrily with the men.
(d) He walks away without looking back.
3. As Barabbas walks around town the day after the crucifixion, what does he notice?
(a) The hare-lipped girl.
(b) Some people are staring at him.
(c) The market is unusually quiet.
(d) The sun is dimmer.
4. How does the believer describe the "realm of the dead"?
(a) A path of light.
(b) A beautiful meadow.
(c) As nothing.
(d) Just like home, only cleaner and better.
5. What do Barabbas and Sahak speak of for the first few days above ground?
(a) The harsh overseer.
(b) The hard work of plowing.
(c) Their miraculous escape from the mine.
(d) The smell of the air.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Barabbas find in the low-vaulted room?
2. What does Barabbas ask the woman who talks about the man on the cross?
3. Which spirit do the thieve believe might have possessed Barabbas and killed him?
4. Why does Barabbas feel uncomfortable with the group?
5. What does the hare-lipped girl believe will happen on the third day after the crucifixion?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)