|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 42 through 63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Barabbas feel that he cannot be forgiven for his sins?
(a) Because he doesn't believe in sin.
(b) Because he doesn't believe in God.
(c) Because he was born a thief and a murderer.
(d) Because he hasn't paid for them.
2. How do the Christians react to Barabbas' presence?
(a) They cheerfully weclome him into their homes.
(b) They angrily cast him out of the assembly.
(c) They appear indifferent to his presence.
(d) They are uncomfortable around him.
3. When the book opens, where is Barabbas standing?
(a) At the bottom of the hill.
(b) In the marketplace.
(c) In front of the governor.
(d) Near the cross.
4. How does Barabbas react to the comments that the passing group of men make towards him and the red-beaded man?
(a) He argues angrily with the men.
(b) He walks away without looking back.
(c) He pulls out a knife.
(d) He hits the leader of the group.
5. What does Barabbas notice about the tomb when the sun rises?
(a) It seems normal.
(b) It shines.
(c) It is glowing.
(d) It is empty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What answer does Barabbas receive about Christian doctrine?
2. What does Barabbas note about the thief who was executed next to the man on the cross?
3. How did the believers react to the hare-lipped girl after the red-bearded man spoke to them?
4. What event does Barabbas deny seeing that the red-bearded man describes seeing on Golgotha.
5. What does Barabbas ask the woman who talks about the man on the cross?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)