|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 42 through 63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what do Barabbas's friends attribute the unusual events Barabbas saw while at Golgotha?
(a) His emotional state after experiencing such a brutal crucifixion.
(b) God's intervention in the crucifixion.
(c) His eyes adjusting to daylight after having been in the dungeon.
(d) His mental state after enduring the ordeal of the trial.
2. When the book opens, where is Barabbas standing?
(a) In front of the governor.
(b) In the marketplace.
(c) At the bottom of the hill.
(d) Near the cross.
3. Why doesn't Barabbas believe that the man on the cross is the Messiah?
(a) Because the man didn't save himself.
(b) Because Barabbas is too cynical.
(c) Because Barabbas knows he is guilty.
(d) Because Barabbas dislikes the Jews.
4. Why does Barabbas feel that he cannot be forgiven for his sins?
(a) Because he hasn't paid for them.
(b) Because he was born a thief and a murderer.
(c) Because he doesn't believe in sin.
(d) Because he doesn't believe in God.
5. What does Barabbas do before everyone leaves the low-vaulted room?
(a) He slips out unnoticed.
(b) He speaks to the group.
(c) He speaks to the hare-lipped girl.
(d) He eats bread and drinks wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event takes place in the low-vaulted room?
2. Why would Barabbas normally avoid Golgotha?
3. What does Barabbas ask the girl he meets in Jerusalem?
4. When Barabbas is eavesdropping on the two men in Jerusalem, what causes him to lean closer to the men?
5. What does the believer that Barabbas meets in the village on the mountain tell him?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)