|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Barabbas spend his first night after arriving in Jerusalem?
(a) At a local inn.
(b) Under a fig tree.
(c) At the Fat Woman's house.
(d) At his mother's house.
2. Why would Barabbas normally avoid Golgotha?
(a) He knows he will hang there one day.
(b) He feels it is an unclean place of death.
(c) His father was crucified on Golgotha.
(d) It is far out of his way.
3. When the book opens, where is Barabbas standing?
(a) Near the cross.
(b) At the bottom of the hill.
(c) In the marketplace.
(d) In front of the governor.
4. Why were the Jewish people given the opportunity to pardon one prisoner's death sentence?
(a) They were being rewarded by the Roman government.
(b) It is a tradition during the Passover holiday.
(c) The priests paid the Romans for one prisioner each year.
(d) The Romans always pardoned one prisioner each month.
5. How well does Barabbas sleep during his first night after arriving in Jerusalem?
(a) He sleeps for an hour, then suddenly awakes.
(b) He tosses and turns before eventually falling asleep.
(c) He immediately falls into a drunken slumber.
(d) He is unable to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in the Fat Woman's house in Jerusalem, where do the men occasionally go?
2. What event causes the soldiers near the cross to jump to their feet and grab their weapons?
3. What do the men do after returning from their brief excursions?
4. What does Barabbas ask the woman who talks about the man on the cross?
5. Why doesn't Barabbas believe that the man on the cross is the Messiah?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)