|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barabbas note about the thief who was executed next to the man on the cross?
(a) He was a lazy thief.
(b) That he deserved to die.
(c) He was unlucky.
(d) He had been a good thief.
2. Why were the Jewish people given the opportunity to pardon one prisoner's death sentence?
(a) It is a tradition during the Passover holiday.
(b) They were being rewarded by the Roman government.
(c) The priests paid the Romans for one prisioner each year.
(d) The Romans always pardoned one prisioner each month.
3. When the book opens, where is Barabbas standing?
(a) Near the cross.
(b) In front of the governor.
(c) At the bottom of the hill.
(d) In the marketplace.
4. As he lies on his sleeping mat, what conclusion does Barabbas come to about the things he saw on Golgotha?
(a) That what he saw is real, but he has no explanation for what he saw.
(b) The Romans are evil and should all be destroyed.
(c) That he imagined all the unusual events he experienced.
(d) The fat woman was right about the man on the cross.
5. What does Barabbas give the girl he meets in Jerusalem?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A letter.
(c) A kiss.
(d) Most of his meal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What observation does Barabbas make about the conviction of man on the cross?
2. Who greets Barabbas and the girl as they walk down the streets of Jerusalem?
3. What does Barabbas ask the woman who talks about the man on the cross?
4. What does Barabbas ask the girl he meets in Jerusalem?
5. Why does Barabbas choose to attend the crucifixion?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)