|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Barabbas when the man on the cross was arrested?
(a) In front of the governor.
(b) On his way to Golgatha.
(c) In the marketplace.
(d) In prison, awaiting his own execution.
2. What event causes the soldiers near the cross to jump to their feet and grab their weapons?
(a) They see Barabbas.
(b) The crowd presses too close.
(c) The hill goes dark.
(d) Thunder roars and lightening begins to flash.
3. At the end of the evening, who is left with the Fat Woman?
(a) The girl.
(b) The other women.
(c) Everyone stays the night.
4. How well does Barabbas sleep during his first night after arriving in Jerusalem?
(a) He sleeps for an hour, then suddenly awakes.
(b) He immediately falls into a drunken slumber.
(c) He tosses and turns before eventually falling asleep.
(d) He is unable to sleep.
5. How does Barabbas refer to the girl he meets in Jerusalem?
(a) The girl of his dream.
(b) The girl with the hare-lip.
(c) The girl.
(d) The girl in Jerusalem.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the book opens, where is Barabbas standing?
2. To what do Barabbas's friends attribute the unusual events Barabbas saw while at Golgotha?
3. As he lies on his sleeping mat, what conclusion does Barabbas come to about the things he saw on Golgotha?
4. What comment does the fat woman make that offends the girl Barabbas meets in Jerusalem?
5. What observation does Barabbas make about the conviction of man on the cross?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)