|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the book opens, where is Barabbas standing?
(a) Near the cross.
(b) In the marketplace.
(c) At the bottom of the hill.
(d) In front of the governor.
2. Why doesn't Barabbas believe that the man on the cross is the Messiah?
(a) Because Barabbas dislikes the Jews.
(b) Because Barabbas is too cynical.
(c) Because Barabbas knows he is guilty.
(d) Because the man didn't save himself.
3. Why does Barabbas choose to attend the crucifixion?
(a) He wants to see the man who took his place.
(b) He feels a strange power prompting him to attend the crucifixion.
(c) He is swept along with the crowd.
(d) His friends encourage him to go.
4. What does Barabbas ask the girl he meets in Jerusalem?
(a) Where the child is.
(b) If she saw the darkness.
(c) If she has received news from Gilgal.
(d) Where she has been.
5. What does Barabbas give the girl he meets in Jerusalem?
(a) A letter.
(b) A kiss.
(c) Most of his meal.
(d) A necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were the Jewish people given the opportunity to pardon one prisoner's death sentence?
2. How well does Barabbas sleep during his first night after arriving in Jerusalem?
3. What does Barabbas look like?
4. Why does Barabbas feel uncomfortable with the group?
5. What does Barabbas note about the thief who was executed next to the man on the cross?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)