|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What observation does Barabbas make about the conviction of man on the cross?
(a) The Jews were screaming for his blood, so he must have been guilty.
(b) It's obvious that he is innocent of any crime.
(c) The Romans are unfair.
(d) It's a shame that an innocent man had to die.
2. During his first night after arriving in Jerusalem, what does Barabbas think about as he lies on his sleeping mat?
(a) The fat woman.
(b) The girl and the child.
(c) His father.
(d) The man on the cross and the darkness on the hill.
3. What does Barabbas give the girl he meets in Jerusalem?
(a) A kiss.
(b) A necklace.
(c) Most of his meal.
(d) A letter.
4. Why does Barabbas choose to attend the crucifixion?
(a) His friends encourage him to go.
(b) He is swept along with the crowd.
(c) He feels a strange power prompting him to attend the crucifixion.
(d) He wants to see the man who took his place.
5. What comment does the fat woman make that offends the girl Barabbas meets in Jerusalem?
(a) The Jews made the right decision to set Barabbas free.
(b) Barabbas should have been crucified.
(c) The Romans made the right decision to set Barabbas free.
(d) It doesn't matter who was crucified, as long as Barabbas was saved.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barabbas notice about the woman he believes is the mother of the man on the cross?
2. How well does Barabbas sleep during his first night after arriving in Jerusalem?
3. Why would Barabbas normally avoid Golgotha?
4. How does Barabbas refer to the girl he meets in Jerusalem?
5. When the book opens, where is Barabbas standing?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)