|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barabbas note about the thief who was executed next to the man on the cross?
(a) He was a lazy thief.
(b) That he deserved to die.
(c) He was unlucky.
(d) He had been a good thief.
2. Why doesn't Barabbas believe that the man on the cross is the Messiah?
(a) Because Barabbas dislikes the Jews.
(b) Because Barabbas is too cynical.
(c) Because the man didn't save himself.
(d) Because Barabbas knows he is guilty.
3. Where was Barabbas when the man on the cross was arrested?
(a) On his way to Golgatha.
(b) In the marketplace.
(c) In prison, awaiting his own execution.
(d) In front of the governor.
4. What do the men do after returning from their brief excursions?
(a) Wash their hands.
(b) Eat and talk more.
(c) Greet Barabbas.
5. Why does Barabbas feel uncomfortable with the group?
(a) They stare angrily at him.
(b) He wishes to steal, but cannot.
(c) He is the only man in the group.
(d) He is not one of the group.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event causes the soldiers near the cross to jump to their feet and grab their weapons?
2. What does Barabbas ask the woman who talks about the man on the cross?
3. What does Barabbas notice about the man carrying the cross as the man prepares to go up the hill?
4. When the book opens, where is Barabbas standing?
5. While in the Fat Woman's house in Jerusalem, where do the men occasionally go?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)