|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barabbas notice about the woman he believes is the mother of the man on the cross?
(a) She seems unable to demonstrate the full depths of her grief.
(b) She looks older than her years.
(c) She cries and clings to a man who grieves for Jesus.
(d) She stares angrily at him.
2. What does Barabbas give the girl he meets in Jerusalem?
(a) A kiss.
(b) A letter.
(c) Most of his meal.
(d) A necklace.
3. What does Barabbas ask the girl he meets in Jerusalem?
(a) If she has received news from Gilgal.
(b) If she saw the darkness.
(c) Where the child is.
(d) Where she has been.
4. What does Barabbas look like?
(a) Around 50 years old with a brown beard, black hair, and a scar on his cheek.
(b) Around 20 years old with a black beard, black hair, and a scar on his cheek.
(c) Around 30 years old with a reddish beard, black hair, and a scar on his cheek.
(d) Around 40 years old with a reddish beard, black hair, and a scar on his neck.
5. Why doesn't Barabbas believe that the man on the cross is the Messiah?
(a) Because Barabbas knows he is guilty.
(b) Because Barabbas is too cynical.
(c) Because the man didn't save himself.
(d) Because Barabbas dislikes the Jews.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Barabbas spend his first night after arriving in Jerusalem?
2. What observation does Barabbas make about the conviction of man on the cross?
3. What does Barabbas notice about the man carrying the cross as the man prepares to go up the hill?
4. What event causes the soldiers near the cross to jump to their feet and grab their weapons?
5. What does Barabbas note about the thief who was executed next to the man on the cross?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)