|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 103 through 122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religious philosophy does the overseer have?
(a) One God for all men.
(b) Worship the state that takes care of you.
(c) Worship no one and worry about nothing.
(d) Worship all gods so none of them will be offended.
2. Why were the Jewish people given the opportunity to pardon one prisoner's death sentence?
(a) They were being rewarded by the Roman government.
(b) The Romans always pardoned one prisioner each month.
(c) It is a tradition during the Passover holiday.
(d) The priests paid the Romans for one prisioner each year.
3. What does Barabbas notice about the woman he believes is the mother of the man on the cross?
(a) She stares angrily at him.
(b) She cries and clings to a man who grieves for Jesus.
(c) She seems unable to demonstrate the full depths of her grief.
(d) She looks older than her years.
4. How does Barabbas react to the comments that the passing group of men make towards him and the red-beaded man?
(a) He hits the leader of the group.
(b) He pulls out a knife.
(c) He argues angrily with the men.
(d) He walks away without looking back.
5. How does being above ground affect Barabbas and Sahak's relationship?
(a) They talk often about their experiences.
(b) They grow closer as friends.
(c) They argue frequently.
(d) They remain near each other, but are not as emotionally close.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barabbas think about as he carries the hare-lipped girl's body?
2. How does Barabbas act towards his former friends after he buries the hare-lipped girl?
3. Where does the blind man sleep?
4. When Barabbas is eavesdropping on the two men in Jerusalem, what causes him to lean closer to the men?
5. What does the band of thieves do when they realize that Barabbas is nowhere to be found?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)