|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 22 through 41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During his first night after arriving in Jerusalem, what does Barabbas think about as he lies on his sleeping mat?
(a) The fat woman.
(b) The man on the cross and the darkness on the hill.
(c) The girl and the child.
(d) His father.
2. What does Barabbas notice about the man carrying the cross as the man prepares to go up the hill?
(a) The crowd is pushing him along.
(b) He looks at Barabbas.
(c) He has a halo of light about him.
(d) He seems calm.
3. As Barabbas walks around town the day after the crucifixion, what does he notice?
(a) The market is unusually quiet.
(b) The hare-lipped girl.
(c) Some people are staring at him.
(d) The sun is dimmer.
4. Towards the end of his conversation with Barabbas, what does the passing group of men tell the red-beaded man?
(a) The Roman soldiers were on their way.
(b) The Master had risen from the dead.
(c) The Pharisees were coming.
(d) Barabbas was the one that was supposed to die on Golgotha.
5. What explanation did the red-bearded man give for Barabbas's interest in the crucified man?
(a) The crucified man had called Barabbas to follow him.
(b) Barabbas is seeking a father figure.
(c) Barabbas is reacting out of guilt.
(d) Barabbas needs a spiritual leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who greets Barabbas and the girl as they walk down the streets of Jerusalem?
2. What did the hare-lipped girl see at the tomb?
3. Why does the red-beaded man feel guilty?
4. What opinion does Barabbas give the red-bearded man about his feeling of guilt?
5. When the book opens, where is Barabbas standing?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)