|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 22 through 41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event does Barabbas deny seeing that the red-bearded man describes seeing on Golgotha.
(a) The frightened soldiers.
(b) The grieving mother.
(c) The halo around Jesus.
(d) The darkness that covered the hill.
2. Why were the Jewish people given the opportunity to pardon one prisoner's death sentence?
(a) The Romans always pardoned one prisioner each month.
(b) They were being rewarded by the Roman government.
(c) It is a tradition during the Passover holiday.
(d) The priests paid the Romans for one prisioner each year.
3. Barabbas overhears two men talking the day after the crucifixion; What does Barabbas think they are talking about?
(a) The hare-lipped girl.
(b) The quiet marketplace.
(c) The dim sunlight.
(d) The crucified man.
4. What does the hare-lipped girl believe will happen once the third day after the crucifixion has passed?
(a) The emperor will die.
(b) The Roman Empire will fall.
(c) The world will be destroyed.
(d) The sick will be healed and the hungry will be fed.
5. Whom does Barabbas see near his hiding place?
(a) The red-bearded man.
(b) Two Roman soldiers.
(d) The hare-lipped girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does the passing group of men call Barabbas?
2. What opinion does Barabbas give the red-bearded man about his feeling of guilt?
3. How well does Barabbas sleep during his first night after arriving in Jerusalem?
4. Why does Barabbas feel that he cannot be forgiven for his sins?
5. What does Barabbas ask the woman who talks about the man on the cross?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)