|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 22 through 41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Barabbas when the man on the cross was arrested?
(a) In front of the governor.
(b) In the marketplace.
(c) In prison, awaiting his own execution.
(d) On his way to Golgatha.
2. During his first night after arriving in Jerusalem, what does Barabbas think about as he lies on his sleeping mat?
(a) The fat woman.
(b) The girl and the child.
(c) The man on the cross and the darkness on the hill.
(d) His father.
3. How does Barabbas react to the comments that the passing group of men make towards him and the red-beaded man?
(a) He pulls out a knife.
(b) He argues angrily with the men.
(c) He walks away without looking back.
(d) He hits the leader of the group.
4. What does Barabbas ask the woman who talks about the man on the cross?
(a) Where his body was laid and what was supposed to happen to it.
(b) What kinds of miracles he performed and sermons he delivered.
(c) What type of crime was he accused of.
(d) Who his followers were.
5. When the book opens, where is Barabbas standing?
(a) In the marketplace.
(b) At the bottom of the hill.
(c) In front of the governor.
(d) Near the cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the hare-lipped girl believe will happen on the third day after the crucifixion?
2. What does the woman at the Fat Woman's house say about the man on the cross?
3. Why does Barabbas feel that he cannot be forgiven for his sins?
4. What does Barabbas notice about the man carrying the cross as the man prepares to go up the hill?
5. Why would Barabbas normally avoid Golgotha?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)