|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 22 through 41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comment does the fat woman make that offends the girl Barabbas meets in Jerusalem?
(a) The Jews made the right decision to set Barabbas free.
(b) It doesn't matter who was crucified, as long as Barabbas was saved.
(c) The Romans made the right decision to set Barabbas free.
(d) Barabbas should have been crucified.
2. Why does Barabbas choose to attend the crucifixion?
(a) He is swept along with the crowd.
(b) He wants to see the man who took his place.
(c) He feels a strange power prompting him to attend the crucifixion.
(d) His friends encourage him to go.
3. What event does Barabbas accuse the red-bearded man of falsifying?
(a) The miracles.
(b) The darkness that covered the hill.
(c) The resurrection.
(d) The earthquake.
4. Why does the red-beaded man feel guilty?
(a) He stole money from the disciples.
(b) He betrayed his Master to the Roman soldiers.
(c) He lied to Barabbas.
(d) He betrayed his Master by denying him.
5. Why doesn't Barabbas believe that the man on the cross is the Messiah?
(a) Because the man didn't save himself.
(b) Because Barabbas knows he is guilty.
(c) Because Barabbas dislikes the Jews.
(d) Because Barabbas is too cynical.
Short Answer Questions
1. What answer does Barabbas receive about Christian doctrine?
2. Why would Barabbas normally avoid Golgotha?
3. To what do Barabbas's friends attribute the unusual events Barabbas saw while at Golgotha?
4. What explanation did the the red-bearded man give for the crucifixion?
5. What observation does Barabbas make about the conviction of man on the cross?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)