|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 22 through 41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barabbas note about the thief who was executed next to the man on the cross?
(a) He was a lazy thief.
(b) He was unlucky.
(c) That he deserved to die.
(d) He had been a good thief.
2. What does the hare-lipped girl believe will happen once the third day after the crucifixion has passed?
(a) The emperor will die.
(b) The sick will be healed and the hungry will be fed.
(c) The world will be destroyed.
(d) The Roman Empire will fall.
3. Why were the Jewish people given the opportunity to pardon one prisoner's death sentence?
(a) The Romans always pardoned one prisioner each month.
(b) They were being rewarded by the Roman government.
(c) The priests paid the Romans for one prisioner each year.
(d) It is a tradition during the Passover holiday.
4. During his first night after arriving in Jerusalem, what does Barabbas think about as he lies on his sleeping mat?
(a) The man on the cross and the darkness on the hill.
(b) The fat woman.
(c) His father.
(d) The girl and the child.
5. What did the hare-lipped girl not ask Jesus to do for her?
(a) Make her wealthy.
(b) Make Barabbas love her.
(c) Feed her.
(d) Heal her deformed lip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barabbas notice about the woman he believes is the mother of the man on the cross?
2. What name does the passing group of men call Barabbas?
3. What does Barabbas think has happened to Jesus' body?
4. What do Barabbas and the red-bearded man discuss?
5. Where is Barabbas hidden just before sunrise on the third day after the crucifixion?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)