Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Pages 1 through 21 Abstract
* Barabbas stands at the edge of the group gathered by Jesus' cross.
* Barabbas watches as Jesus walks up the hill and follows the procession.
* Barabbas feels a strange urge to attend the crucifixion.
Pages 22 through 41 Abstract
* Barabbas watches the mourners near the cross.
* Barabbas notices Jesus' mother who stops and gives him a...
This section contains 1,591 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)