Pages 1 through 21
• Barabbas stands at the edge of the group gathered by Jesus' cross.
• Barabbas watches as Jesus walks up the hill and follows the procession.
• Barabbas feels a strange urge to attend the crucifixion.
• Barabbas watches the mourners near the cross.
• Barabbas notices Jesus' mother who stops and gives him a look of "helplessness and reproach."
• Barabbas notices a halo of light around Jesus as he prepares to go up the hill.
• The hill goes dark just before Jesus dies and the soldiers to jump to their feet and grab their weapons.
• Barabbas goes to Jerusalem where he meets the girl with the hare-lip.
• Barabbas asks the girl if she's received news from Gilgal.
• Barabbas is greeted by friends as he walks down the street.
• Barabbas and the girl visit the Fat Woman's house.
• Barabbas and his friends discuss his good fortune at being pardoned.
This section contains 1,404 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)