Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Rudi not want to go back to Kurtal?
2. Where did Rudi keep near when he had approached the area in which the avalanche had occurred the day before?
3. How many men were to remain behind?
4. Why wouldn't Franz continue to the top of the mountain, despite Winter insisting he do so?
5. Why did Rudi believe that Winter would make it?
Explain the significance of Winter's injury as it develops in the novel. What kind of effect does this have on the plot line? What would have been different had Winter not have gotten sick?
Explain the differences in Franz's behavior in the beginning of the novel and towards the end. What or who was responsible for this change of opinion and how great was the change of opinion? What do you think would happen the next time Franz had a Herr? Why?
Explain how intolerance is outlined and used as a catalyst throughout this novel. How is it a motivation for some characters? Explain how this is also used as a method for contrast. Explain your answer, and justify it using quotes from the book.
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)