Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Rudi not want to go back to Kurtal?
2. Where did Rudi keep near when he had approached the area in which the avalanche had occurred the day before?
3. How many men were to remain behind?
4. Why wouldn't Franz continue to the top of the mountain, despite Winter insisting he do so?
5. Why did Rudi believe that Winter would make it?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the statement Teo makes, "You cannot bottle the wind." To what is he referring? What literary device is this? What does Teo do in this chapter, and how is it beneficial to Rudi?
Essay Topic 2
Speculate on the purpose of Klaus' role in the story. Explain the feelings associated with this character from the perspective of the reader. Does this character play a significant role in the development of the story? Why or why not? Try and consider the author's reasoning for the incorporation of such a character.
Essay Topic 3
How did Rudi's father's death provide Rudi with the courage to surmount the Citadel? In how many ways did his father's death affect him? From which times did he draw strength? Which times was fear invoked and for what reason? Explain the answer and justify it using quotes from the book.
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)