Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Rudi not want to go back to Kurtal?
2. Where did Rudi keep near when he had approached the area in which the avalanche had occurred the day before?
3. How many men were to remain behind?
4. Why wouldn't Franz continue to the top of the mountain, despite Winter insisting he do so?
5. Why did Rudi believe that Winter would make it?
Discuss the personification of the hazards of the mountain. How did this propagate the fear of the villagers? If to take this into consideration, are the villagers narrow minded? Explain your answer. What emotion finally got the rest of the Kurtalers up the mountain?
Examine Winter's role in this story. What is his purpose? How does he hold the story together and why is he a necessary character? Why do you think the author chose to make Winter become ill during his climb up the Citadel? How do you think this affected this story, and how would it have been different if Winter would have maintained his health?
Rudi is devastated by his actions on the Wunderhorn. Discuss at least three different ways the boy could have chosen to handle the consequence of his action. How would each change him? How would those different decisions effect the outcome of the story? Explain.
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)