Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the person been in the crevasse?
2. Why is Rudi employed as a dishwasher?
3. How many days did it rain?
4. What often happens in the high mountains?
5. How did Rudi move?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was different between the upper and lower glaciers?
2. Why didn't Rudi turn around when he knew he had to go back or be caught in darkness?
3. Why doesn't Saxo want to climb with Franz?
4. How is it obvious that Teo supports Rudi in climbing?
5. How did Saxo treat pursuit of the summit originally? How did this change following his injury?
6. What happened, and how did it strand Rudi?
7. In what ways did the Englishman not look so good?
8. How does Captain Winter shame the two guides into working together?
9. How did the stillness affect Rudi?
10. How would the group had been defeated if not for Rudi?
Essay Topic 1
Create a personality profile for Teo. Why do you think he was always helping Rudi? What kind of person was he and what kind of influence does he have on both the town and Rudi's family?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Winter's role in this story. What is his purpose? How does he hold the story together and why is he a necessary character? Why do you think the author chose to make Winter become ill during his climb up the Citadel? How do you think this affected this story, and how would it have been different if Winter would have maintained his health?
Essay Topic 3
How does the accident on the Wunderhorn change Rudi? Is this change for the positive or negative? Justify your answer. In what ways did this change Rudi's approach to climbing?
This section contains 1,085 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)