Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the person been in the crevasse?
2. Why is Rudi employed as a dishwasher?
3. How many days did it rain?
4. What often happens in the high mountains?
5. How did Rudi move?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was different between the upper and lower glaciers?
2. Why didn't Rudi turn around when he knew he had to go back or be caught in darkness?
3. Why doesn't Saxo want to climb with Franz?
4. How is it obvious that Teo supports Rudi in climbing?
5. How did Saxo treat pursuit of the summit originally? How did this change following his injury?
6. What happened, and how did it strand Rudi?
7. In what ways did the Englishman not look so good?
8. How does Captain Winter shame the two guides into working together?
9. How did the stillness affect Rudi?
10. How would the group had been defeated if not for Rudi?
How does the accident on the Wunderhorn change Rudi? Is this change for the positive or negative? Justify your answer. In what ways did this change Rudi's approach to climbing?
Compare and contrast Saxo's behavior and maturity throughout the novel. What kind of character is Saxo, and what role does he play in the story? Speculate on his accident and the author's purpose for him getting in an accident.
Franz would not consent to going up the Citadel despite the large amount of money that he was offered. Discuss what this says about Franz's logic. What about his morality? Take a side on whether or not this was a logical decision, or one based entirely on emotion. Explain.
This section contains 1,067 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)