|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Franz see that caused him to pause?
(a) Rudi's boots.
(b) Rudi's father's red sweater.
(c) Blood in the snow.
(d) Rudi's knapsack.
2. Why did Saxo say he was climbing the Citadel?
(a) For his wife.
(b) For the glory of himself and Broli.
(c) For Winter.
(d) For all the climbers that had perished before him.
3. For what was Frau Matt's prayer of thankfulness?
(a) Her son's safety.
(b) Her brother's strong will.
(c) Her brother's mountaineering spirit.
(d) Her son's courage.
4. How did Rudi's mountaineer instinct come into play?
(a) He put his arm over his face giving himself breathing room.
(b) He swam through the snow.
(c) He maintained his hold on the rope that was lashed to the other two climbers.
(d) He anchored himself and refused to let the avalanche take him.
5. Why does Rudi think he can make it through the eye of the needle?
(a) He had the faith of the group on his shoulders.
(b) He is smaller.
(c) He had become a good climber.
(d) He found the way past the Fortress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although Winter wasn't in as good of health, what did Rudi see was untempered?
2. Why was Rudi frustrated and shamed when he came to the crack?
3. What was the first "key" to the mountain?
4. Who was the first person to speak once the impact of what Rudi had said sunk in?
5. Why couldn't Winter continue up the mountain?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)