|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must always come first in any situation?
(a) The help of another climber.
(b) The responsibility of a porter to the guide.
(c) The injuries of a person in trouble.
(d) The maintenance of group responsibility.
2. Why did Frau Matt consider herself in the wrong?
(a) For pushing the townsfolk to lie to cover up Rudi's whereabouts.
(b) For worrying about Rudi when truly he is a capable climber.
(c) She had kept Rudi from pursuing his dreams all this time.
(d) She had reacted without thinking of her son's wishes.
3. What was the rumbling that Rudi heard?
(a) An avalanche to the side of him.
(c) A rockslide below him.
(d) A rockslide above him.
4. What approximate time was it when the group had moved past the Needle?
(a) Late evening.
(b) Early evening.
(c) Early afternoon.
5. Why was not going on worst for Rudi?
(a) He had insisted he go.
(b) He was both able and willing to do so.
(c) Winter would have wanted him to do it.
(d) His uncle was preventing him from going up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was it that brought Rudi's belongings further?
2. What does Winter tell Rudi to do that scares him?
3. What warmed Rudi more than either tent or blanket?
4. Where had Winter been hurt?
5. Under how many feet of snow was Winter buried?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Rudi so tired?
2. What made Rudi's actions regarding Saxo's rescue all the more selfless?
3. What was the reason that Rudi couldn't come with Saxo and Winter to Broli?
4. What is Rudi's second major contribution to this hike, and how was it different from his attempted contribution before?
5. What kinds of things had changed since Rudi had nodded off?
6. What is the difference between the two guides as illustrated in this chapter?
7. Why didn't Rudi turn around when he knew he had to go back or be caught in darkness?
8. How did the stillness affect Rudi?
9. Before Franz hears from Winter in regards to Rudi's climbing ability, how does he feel?
10. How did Rudi motivate himself when he thought he couldn't manage it?
This section contains 1,178 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)