|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Winter explain that they should approach the mountain as a group?
(a) As friends, and bury the hatchet of hatred between the two villages.
(b) As human beings, not people from different towns or nations.
(c) As equals, people that want to climb the Citadel together.
(d) As rivals, and compete for the prize that is the top of the mountain.
2. What warmed Rudi more than either tent or blanket?
(a) The fact that he had gotten lead.
(b) The group trusted Rudi.
(c) Rudi was actually on the mountain he'd dreamed of as a kid.
(d) His uncle's presence.
3. How many men were to remain behind?
4. What does Winter tell Rudi to do that scares him?
(a) That Winter might not go on the hike at all due to his condition.
(b) Go down to Kurtal and convince his uncle to come up.
(c) That they have twenty-four hours to get up and down the mountain.
(d) That they are climbing the Citadel today.
5. What must always come first in any situation?
(a) The help of another climber.
(b) The responsibility of a porter to the guide.
(c) The maintenance of group responsibility.
(d) The injuries of a person in trouble.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Rudi realize he was?
2. Under how many feet of snow was Winter buried?
3. Who does Franz blame for Rudi's disappearance?
4. Why did Frau Matt consider herself in the wrong?
5. Why did Saxo become sullen?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways did Rudi's vanquishing of fear change his perspective?
2. What was the reason that Rudi couldn't come with Saxo and Winter to Broli?
3. How did the stillness affect Rudi?
4. What happened, and how did it strand Rudi?
5. What kinds of things had changed since Rudi had nodded off?
6. How did Saxo treat pursuit of the summit originally? How did this change following his injury?
7. Before Franz hears from Winter in regards to Rudi's climbing ability, how does he feel?
8. How did Winter keep peace between the two rival guides?
9. How would the group had been defeated if not for Rudi?
10. What made Rudi's actions regarding Saxo's rescue all the more selfless?
This section contains 1,223 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)