|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Rudi not want to go back to Kurtal?
(a) All of these.
(b) The mocking laughter of Klaus Weisselhoft.
(c) The dirty dishes at the Beau Site Hotel.
(d) His uncles' anger and his mother's tears.
2. What honor was bestowed upon Rudi?
(a) He was allowed to decide the route.
(b) The privilege of discussing the route with them.
(c) The lead position.
(d) He was allowed one full tent on his own.
3. What part of Rudi's body got stuck?
(a) His hips.
(b) His head.
(c) His shoulders.
(d) His arms.
4. What did Franz see that caused him to pause?
(a) Rudi's boots.
(b) Rudi's knapsack.
(c) Rudi's father's red sweater.
(d) Blood in the snow.
5. How did Rudi know which route to follow?
(a) They had marked out their route before.
(b) The marks of their boot nails were still visible.
(c) He didn't follow their original route, but his own.
(d) He had memorized his footing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the main reason that Saxo gave that he wouldn't climb with Franz?
2. How did Rudi's mountaineer instinct come into play?
3. What had changed about the night?
4. Where did Rudi keep near when he had approached the area in which the avalanche had occurred the day before?
5. Why was not going on worst for Rudi?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)