|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Rudi realize he was?
(a) On the Citadel's Fortress.
(b) Far away from home.
(c) In the same cave in which his father and Sir Stephenson had died.
(d) Too far away from the ground.
2. Who stands up for Rudi and prevents Franz from taking him down the mountain?
(a) Klaus Wesselhoft.
(d) Captain Winter.
3. Why didn't Rudi yodel when he had gotten to where he stood?
(a) He didn't want Franz to hear him.
(b) It would have been blasphemy.
(c) It wouldn't have satisfied him.
(d) He wouldn't have honored his fathers memory,
4. How did Rudi's mountaineer instinct come into play?
(a) He anchored himself and refused to let the avalanche take him.
(b) He maintained his hold on the rope that was lashed to the other two climbers.
(c) He swam through the snow.
(d) He put his arm over his face giving himself breathing room.
5. What was the first "key" to the mountain?
(a) The Fortress.
(b) The crossing of the snow bridge.
(c) The shoulder.
(d) The peak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first person to speak once the impact of what Rudi had said sunk in?
2. Why couldn't Winter continue up the mountain?
3. What wasn't on the menu of the climbers?
4. Although Winter wasn't in as good of health, what did Rudi see was untempered?
5. What must always come first in any situation?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)