|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Rudi yodel when he had gotten to where he stood?
(a) He wouldn't have honored his fathers memory,
(b) He didn't want Franz to hear him.
(c) It would have been blasphemy.
(d) It wouldn't have satisfied him.
2. What did Rudi compare Saxo to in his injury?
(a) A caged animal.
(b) A wounded beast.
(c) A greenhorn.
(d) A fallen giant.
3. Why was Rudi frustrated and shamed when he came to the crack?
(a) It was the first time in which he had needed assistance from the others.
(b) He had slipped and fallen.
(c) He had dangled.
(d) He was hauled up like a bundle of firewood.
4. For what was Frau Matt's prayer of thankfulness?
(a) Her brother's mountaineering spirit.
(b) Her brother's strong will.
(c) Her son's safety.
(d) Her son's courage.
5. Why didn't Rudi continue down the hillside?
(a) He knew Franz would be wroth if he didn't.
(b) He thought that his mother would be too worried.
(c) He kept slipping on the snow-covered rocks.
(d) He wanted to climb the peak in the morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was not going on worst for Rudi?
2. Why didn't Rudi cry out?
3. Why are Saxo and Winter headed back to Broli?
4. Who convinces Franz to climb the Citadel?
5. About how many feet were above Rudi?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)