|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stands up for Rudi and prevents Franz from taking him down the mountain?
(a) Captain Winter.
(b) Klaus Wesselhoft.
2. What resolve deepened in Rudi?
(a) To make his father proud.
(b) To be loyal to the Herr.
(c) Not to fail them or betray their trust.
(d) To never slip.
3. How long did it take Rudi to reach the top of the bergschrund?
(a) A half hour.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Forty minutes.
(d) An hour.
4. Why was not going on worst for Rudi?
(a) Winter would have wanted him to do it.
(b) He had insisted he go.
(c) He was both able and willing to do so.
(d) His uncle was preventing him from going up.
5. What did Rudi compare Saxo to in his injury?
(a) A caged animal.
(b) A fallen giant.
(c) A wounded beast.
(d) A greenhorn.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how many feet were above Rudi?
2. How did Rudi's uncle respond to him threading the needle?
3. What made Franz angry?
4. What motivated Rudi to go on?
5. Who was the first person to speak once the impact of what Rudi had said sunk in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Rudi so tired?
2. How does Captain Winter shame the two guides into working together?
3. Why didn't Rudi turn around when he knew he had to go back or be caught in darkness?
4. What was the reason that Rudi couldn't come with Saxo and Winter to Broli?
5. How did Winter's rationalization make sense to Franz?
6. How did Rudi motivate himself when he thought he couldn't manage it?
7. Why was Frau Matt not upset with Paul Tauglich?
8. How did Winter keep peace between the two rival guides?
9. How would the group had been defeated if not for Rudi?
10. Before Franz hears from Winter in regards to Rudi's climbing ability, how does he feel?
This section contains 1,149 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)