|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who convinces Franz to climb the Citadel?
(a) Captain Winter.
(b) The other guides of Kurtal.
2. Why hadn't Rudi turned around when he knew he needed to?
(a) He didn't want to tell Winter why he hadn't gone down to Kurtal.
(b) He wasn't looking forward to his uncles' wrath.
(c) The magic of the mountain drew him on.
(d) He didn't want to explain to Klaus why he'd turned around.
3. How was Rudi encouraged when he thought it was impossible to go any further?
(a) Winter's wise words, and his support of Rudi's climbing.
(b) It had been done before by his father.
(c) Saxo's mean words and the fact that he thought Kurtalers wouldn't climb.
(d) It had been clearly mapped out.
4. Why did Saxo say he was climbing the Citadel?
(a) For Winter.
(b) For the glory of himself and Broli.
(c) For his wife.
(d) For all the climbers that had perished before him.
5. What motivated Rudi to go on?
(a) He was his fathers' son.
(b) He knew that he must help Saxo.
(c) The fact that he had to.
(d) Franz was on his way to the top.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Saxo and Winter headed back to Broli?
2. When did Rudi finally allow himself to collapse?
3. Although Winter wasn't in as good of health, what did Rudi see was untempered?
4. How long did it take Rudi to reach the top of the bergschrund?
5. What approximate time was it when the group had moved past the Needle?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)