|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was not going on worst for Rudi?
(a) He was both able and willing to do so.
(b) His uncle was preventing him from going up.
(c) He had insisted he go.
(d) Winter would have wanted him to do it.
2. What must always come first in any situation?
(a) The maintenance of group responsibility.
(b) The responsibility of a porter to the guide.
(c) The injuries of a person in trouble.
(d) The help of another climber.
3. For what was Frau Matt's prayer of thankfulness?
(a) Her brother's mountaineering spirit.
(b) Her brother's strong will.
(c) Her son's safety.
(d) Her son's courage.
4. Why does Saxo think that so many people have come to the hut?
(a) To create a situation in which no one goes up the mountain.
(b) To hurt them so they can't go up the mountain.
(c) To keep them from climbing the mountain.
(d) To plot against them.
5. What part of Rudi's body got stuck?
(a) His hips.
(b) His head.
(c) His shoulders.
(d) His arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Rudi realize he was?
2. What did Rudi compare Saxo to in his injury?
3. How does Winter explain that they should approach the mountain as a group?
4. How did Rudi's uncle respond to him threading the needle?
5. When did Rudi finally allow himself to collapse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Before Franz hears from Winter in regards to Rudi's climbing ability, how does he feel?
2. How did Winter's rationalization make sense to Franz?
3. How did Winter keep peace between the two rival guides?
4. Why was Rudi so tired?
5. Why didn't Rudi turn around when he knew he had to go back or be caught in darkness?
6. What kinds of things had changed since Rudi had nodded off?
7. How does Captain Winter shame the two guides into working together?
8. What was the reason that Rudi couldn't come with Saxo and Winter to Broli?
9. How did Rudi motivate himself when he thought he couldn't manage it?
10. How did the stillness affect Rudi?
This section contains 1,173 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)