|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Winter been hurt?
(a) His leg.
(b) His arm.
(c) His hand.
(d) His head.
2. Why was not going on worst for Rudi?
(a) Winter would have wanted him to do it.
(b) He had insisted he go.
(c) He was both able and willing to do so.
(d) His uncle was preventing him from going up.
3. How many men were to remain behind?
4. What warmed Rudi more than either tent or blanket?
(a) His uncle's presence.
(b) The fact that he had gotten lead.
(c) Rudi was actually on the mountain he'd dreamed of as a kid.
(d) The group trusted Rudi.
5. What made Rudi not want to go back to Kurtal?
(a) The mocking laughter of Klaus Weisselhoft.
(b) All of these.
(c) His uncles' anger and his mother's tears.
(d) The dirty dishes at the Beau Site Hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had unnerved Rudi?
2. What made Franz angry?
3. Why couldn't Winter continue up the mountain?
4. Why did Frau Matt consider herself in the wrong?
5. Why didn't Rudi yodel when he had gotten to where he stood?
Short Essay Questions
1. Before Franz hears from Winter in regards to Rudi's climbing ability, how does he feel?
2. How did the stillness affect Rudi?
3. How does Captain Winter shame the two guides into working together?
4. Why didn't Rudi turn around when he knew he had to go back or be caught in darkness?
5. How would the group had been defeated if not for Rudi?
6. Why was Frau Matt not upset with Paul Tauglich?
7. Why doesn't Saxo want to climb with Franz?
8. What is Rudi's second major contribution to this hike, and how was it different from his attempted contribution before?
9. How did Saxo treat pursuit of the summit originally? How did this change following his injury?
10. What was the reason that Rudi couldn't come with Saxo and Winter to Broli?
This section contains 1,213 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)