|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Rudi never received before?
(a) A letter.
(b) Such fine gifts.
(c) A written note.
(d) Such praise from a man of Winter's capabilities.
2. Why doesn't Franz think that Rudi can be a porter?
(a) He is accident prone.
(b) He is too small.
(c) He is careless.
(d) He's too small and irresponsible.
3. How far beneath the Hut was the town of Kurtal?
(a) Three thousand feet.
(b) Five thousand feet.
(c) Four thousand feet.
(d) Six thousand feet.
4. What country did Rudi guess the man was from?
5. What is the name of the barmaid?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Teo first raise his beer to?
2. What were tourists called?
3. Who is the last person that Teo raises his glass to?
4. Where was Josef Matt's shirt found?
5. What job does Teo do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Rudi concerned about his boots?
2. Why did Rudi's father wear a red shirt every day he climbed?
3. How did Teo act as an experienced climber?
4. Why do the people of the village think that Winter is crazy?
5. How was the hut on the Citadel different from the other huts?
6. How could Captain Winter easily die if Franz lost his footing?
7. Why was Franz looking at Rudi as though he had never seen him before?
8. Why did Rudi have to keep to the shadows while playing hooky from work?
9. What was different between the upper and lower glaciers?
10. Why is it unimportant that Rudi made the climb on his own?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)