|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Teo first raise his beer to?
(a) Captain Winter.
(c) Emil Saxo.
2. Why did Rudi's mother think that Rudi had gone with Franz?
(a) Rudi had left her a note telling her not to worry.
(b) Rudi had told her that was where he was going.
(c) She assumed when he had not been at the hotel, that he was with Franz.
(d) She expected him to stay safe, so she wouldn't worry.
3. What mountain was used as a "practice mountain" by guides and visiting climbers?
4. What country did Rudi guess the man was from?
5. How much did Rudi's pack weigh?
(a) Twenty-five pounds.
(b) Twenty pounds.
(c) Fifteen pounds.
(d) Thirty pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the group take with them?
2. What had there never been in Kurtal?
3. Where did Teo tell Franz that Rudi was?
4. What would Rudi have been glad to do?
5. What was the favorite resort of the guides of Kurtal?
Short Essay Questions
1. How could Captain Winter easily die if Franz lost his footing?
2. What did Rudi's uncle's face tell him, and how did this make Rudi feel?
3. Why does Teo refer to Rudi as the only real climber in all of Kurtal?
4. Why do the people of the village think that Winter is crazy?
5. Why was Rudi concerned about his boots?
6. How did Franz find out where Rudi was?
7. How was the hut on the Citadel different from the other huts?
8. How was Rudi a "prisoner"?
9. How did Rudi save Mr. Winter?
10. Why is it unimportant that Rudi made the climb on his own?
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)