|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Rudi suspect was the shadowy figure?
(a) Josef Matt.
(b) His mother.
(c) Captain Winter.
2. How many mountains did Franz climb in one week?
3. What would Rudi have been glad to do?
(a) Climb the Citadel.
(b) Tell his uncle he climbed the Citadel.
(c) Take the lead.
(d) Show Emil what Josef Matt's son was capable of.
4. How did Rudi react to Captain Winters' story of his rescue?
(a) He was defiant.
(b) He was pleading.
(c) He was embarrassed.
(d) He was distraught.
5. How long had the Citadel been left alone?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Eighteen years.
(c) Fourteen years.
(d) Fifteen years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Teo tell the waitress?
2. What do the guides believe will destroy the Englishman and the guide from Broli?
3. How many dishes did Rudi break?
4. What time is Rudi supposed to meet Teo?
5. Why is Rudi employed as a dishwasher?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Teo mean when he says "you cannot bottle the wind"?
2. What things made Rudi feel like a "man among men"?
3. Why was Franz looking at Rudi as though he had never seen him before?
4. Why did Rudi have to keep to the shadows while playing hooky from work?
5. Why did Teo lie to Franz and Gretchen?
6. What things do Franz and Rudi's mother say to try and show the boy the sense in a career in a hotel?
7. Why was it dangerous to travel up the slope in the sun?
8. What did Rudi's uncle's face tell him, and how did this make Rudi feel?
9. Why was the Edelweiss a favorite location of the guides and their porters in Kurtal?
10. How is it obvious that Teo supports Rudi in climbing?
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)