|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Rudi's mother when Josef died?
2. What was the man's name?
(a) Jack Winter.
(b) John Winter.
(c) David Winter.
(d) Derek Winter.
3. Why didn't Rudi's father leave the Citadel?
(a) Sir Stephenson begged him not to go.
(b) He was hurt.
(c) He wouldn't leave his client.
(d) He couldn't find his way.
4. Who would substitute for Rudi at the hotel?
(a) Herr Hemit.
(b) Digal Hassler.
(c) Toni Hassler.
(d) Franz Lerner.
5. How long has the person been in the crevasse?
(a) One hour.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) A half hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Rudi's pack weigh?
2. What had changed in Rudi's lifetime?
3. What job does Teo do?
4. What in the rock glittered like diamonds?
5. Who is the last person that Teo raises his glass to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information did Franz share with Ilse that was of particular interest to Rudi, and why was it so?
2. How is it obvious that Teo supports Rudi in climbing?
3. Why did Rudi's father wear a red shirt every day he climbed?
4. Why do the people of the village think that Winter is crazy?
5. Why did the people of Kurtal fear the Citadel?
6. Why does Rudi take such good care of his father's shirt?
7. Why did Teo lie to Franz and Gretchen?
8. How did Rudi save Mr. Winter?
9. How was the alternating of the lead role the greatest compliment a guide could give his employer?
10. Who was Mr. Winter?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)