|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the voice coming from?
(a) Inside a crevasse.
(b) Behind him from the path.
(c) Behind him from the valley.
(d) One of the mountain slopes.
2. Where did Rudi place the staff?
(a) He carried it in his hands.
(b) Tied to his shoulders.
(c) He used it as a walking stick.
(d) Tied to his backpack.
3. What had Rudi's tormentor seen?
(a) Rudi achieving something.
(b) Rudi looking like a man.
(c) Rudi in all his glory setting out as a porter.
(d) The praise Winter lavished on him.
4. What was the proprietor of the moving shadow?
(a) A homeless person.
(b) A foraging dog.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A tourist couple.
5. What didn't Franz bring out for lunch?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Rudi's mother known for?
2. What country did Rudi guess the man was from?
3. What did Winter and Saxo spend the first hour in the hut doing?
4. What was Teo's last hike?
5. Why did Rudi's mother think that Rudi had gone with Franz?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was the alternating of the lead role the greatest compliment a guide could give his employer?
2. How did Rudi save Mr. Winter?
3. What did Franz do to discourage climbing of the Citadel to Mr. Winter?
4. Why does Teo refer to Rudi as the only real climber in all of Kurtal?
5. What information did Franz share with Ilse that was of particular interest to Rudi, and why was it so?
6. Why was Rudi concerned about his boots?
7. How were Franz and Captain Winter different as climbers?
8. How did Teo act as an experienced climber?
9. How could Captain Winter easily die if Franz lost his footing?
10. Why did Rudi have to keep to the shadows while playing hooky from work?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)