|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason did Rudi reclaim his stick?
(a) To "persuade" Winter to let him go with them.
(b) To place the shirt upon the top of the mountain.
(c) To use for walking.
(d) To use to climb the ice.
2. What did Teo say in regard to Rudi's climb with him?
(a) Really good.
(b) Not bad at all.
3. Who would substitute for Rudi at the hotel?
(a) Herr Hemit.
(b) Toni Hassler.
(c) Franz Lerner.
(d) Digal Hassler.
4. Why doesn't Franz think that Rudi can be a porter?
(a) He is too small.
(b) He is accident prone.
(c) He is careless.
(d) He's too small and irresponsible.
5. What point of the Citadel was the highest point reached before?
(a) The Peak.
(b) The Battlement.
(c) The Keep.
(d) The Fortress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mountain was used as a "practice mountain" by guides and visiting climbers?
2. How many days did it take the rescue party to make it to Josef Matt?
3. What did the group take with them?
4. What time is Rudi supposed to meet Teo?
5. How much did Rudi's pack weigh?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Rudi have to keep to the shadows while playing hooky from work?
2. What was different between the upper and lower glaciers?
3. Why was the Edelweiss a favorite location of the guides and their porters in Kurtal?
4. What did Franz do to discourage climbing of the Citadel to Mr. Winter?
5. Why did Teo lie to Franz and Gretchen?
6. Why does Teo raising his glass to Saxo anger all in the tavern?
7. What did Rudi vow to do every time Franz came back, and why didn't he do it?
8. Why did Rudi's father wear a red shirt every day he climbed?
9. What was Rudi's fear when he had heard the voice?
10. What things made Rudi feel like a "man among men"?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)