|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What guide does Mr. Winter hope to hire from Broli?
(a) Franz Lerner.
(c) Emil Lerner.
(d) Emil Saxo.
2. What do the guides believe will destroy the Englishman and the guide from Broli?
(a) The demons of the Citadel.
(b) The ghosts of Rudi's father and his Herr.
(c) The treacherous climb.
(d) Their audacity.
3. To what stone did Rudi compare the man?
4. What didn't Captain Winter buy for Rudi?
(a) An ice ax.
(d) A knapsack.
5. What mountain did Rudy long to climb?
(a) The Wunderhorn.
(b) The Citadel.
(c) The Monte Rosa.
(d) The Rotalp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Rudi employed as a dishwasher?
2. Where did Rudi place the staff?
3. What does Teo say abut Rudi?
4. With what does Teo fill the pack he gives to Rudi?
5. Who saw the three climb up the icefall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What things do Franz and Rudi's mother say to try and show the boy the sense in a career in a hotel?
2. What was it that Winter said that left Rudi spellbound?
3. What does Teo mean when he says "you cannot bottle the wind"?
4. Why was the Edelweiss a favorite location of the guides and their porters in Kurtal?
5. Why do the people of the village think that Winter is crazy?
6. What did Rudi's uncle's face tell him, and how did this make Rudi feel?
7. Why does Teo refer to Rudi as the only real climber in all of Kurtal?
8. Why is it unimportant that Rudi made the climb on his own?
9. Why did Rudi have to keep to the shadows while playing hooky from work?
10. Why was it dangerous to travel up the slope in the sun?
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)