|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had changed in Rudi's lifetime?
(a) Rudi had promised he would never climb the Citadel.
(b) Rudi's father had died.
(c) The village had become a tourist attraction.
(d) The Citadel had been climbed.
2. What was the greatest sin a mountaineer can commit?
(b) Making others risk their lives to save his.
(c) Scouting ahead without telling anyone where he was going.
(d) Making the employer risk his life to save his.
3. What is the only nice thing that was said of Emil Saxo?
(a) He is good to his Herr's and will take good care of Winter.
(b) He was the best of the guides in Broli.
(c) He is honorable and decent.
(d) He is smart and canny.
4. What did Teo say in regard to Rudi's climb with him?
(b) Really good.
(c) Not bad at all.
5. With what does Teo fill the pack he gives to Rudi?
(d) His own weight.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people could stay in the Blausee Hut?
2. To what stone did Rudi compare the man?
3. Which ridge does Rudi think is the only passable one?
4. What was the only sound?
5. Why didn't Rudi's father leave the Citadel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Franz do to discourage climbing of the Citadel to Mr. Winter?
2. How were Franz and Captain Winter different as climbers?
3. Why does Teo refer to Rudi as the only real climber in all of Kurtal?
4. How could Captain Winter easily die if Franz lost his footing?
5. Why did Rudi's father wear a red shirt every day he climbed?
6. Why was the Edelweiss a favorite location of the guides and their porters in Kurtal?
7. Why does Rudi take such good care of his father's shirt?
8. What was Rudi's fear when he had heard the voice?
9. What did Rudi's uncle's face tell him, and how did this make Rudi feel?
10. How did Rudi save Mr. Winter?
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)