|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What guide does Mr. Winter hope to hire from Broli?
(a) Emil Lerner.
(c) Franz Lerner.
(d) Emil Saxo.
2. What did Teo say in regard to Rudi's climb with him?
(b) Not bad at all.
(d) Really good.
3. Why did Rudi venture out in another direction?
(a) He had wanted the glory for himself.
(b) He wanted to explore.
(c) He wanted to provide something for the day's climb.
(d) He wanted to see what was beyond the ledge.
4. What mountain was used as a "practice mountain" by guides and visiting climbers?
5. How many days did it rain?
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Rudi never received before?
2. What did the other boys of the village call Rudi?
3. How many dishes did Rudi break?
4. What suggested that Franz and the group would be the only ones on the Wunderhorn that day?
5. To what stone did Rudi compare the man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the man in the cabin look like?
2. How were Franz and Captain Winter different as climbers?
3. Why was it dangerous to travel up the slope in the sun?
4. What was it that Winter said that left Rudi spellbound?
5. What did Franz do to discourage climbing of the Citadel to Mr. Winter?
6. Why was Rudi concerned about his boots?
7. Why was Franz looking at Rudi as though he had never seen him before?
8. In what ways was Rudi's build different from that of most boys of the village?
9. How is it obvious that Teo supports Rudi in climbing?
10. Why did Rudi have to keep to the shadows while playing hooky from work?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)