|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why couldn't Winter and the group climb the rocks?
(a) The rocks looked loose and like they might give way.
(b) The snow looked more inviting.
(c) They were too steep.
(d) There was no acceptable purchase for feet and hands.
2. Who was waiting in the hut when Rudi entered?
(b) Emil Saxo.
(c) His mother.
(d) Captain Winter.
3. Why doesn't Franz think that Rudi can be a porter?
(a) He's too small and irresponsible.
(b) He is too small.
(c) He is careless.
(d) He is accident prone.
4. What were tourists called?
5. What would Rudi have been glad to do?
(a) Tell his uncle he climbed the Citadel.
(b) Take the lead.
(c) Show Emil what Josef Matt's son was capable of.
(d) Climb the Citadel.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Teo fill the pack he gives to Rudi?
2. How many days did it take the rescue party to make it to Josef Matt?
3. What was the man's name?
4. What was the greatest sin a mountaineer can commit?
5. What had there never been in Kurtal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Rudi concerned about his boots?
2. How was the hut on the Citadel different from the other huts?
3. What was Rudi's fear when he had heard the voice?
4. What did Franz do to discourage climbing of the Citadel to Mr. Winter?
5. What does Teo mean when he says "you cannot bottle the wind"?
6. Why did Rudi's father wear a red shirt every day he climbed?
7. What information did Franz share with Ilse that was of particular interest to Rudi, and why was it so?
8. How was the alternating of the lead role the greatest compliment a guide could give his employer?
9. Why was Franz looking at Rudi as though he had never seen him before?
10. Why did Teo lie to Franz and Gretchen?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)