|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days did it take the rescue party to make it to Josef Matt?
(a) One full day.
(b) Three days.
(c) Twelve hours.
(d) Two days.
2. What did the other boys of the village call Rudi?
(a) Nothing to his face.
(b) "Boy wonder".
(c) "Angel face".
(d) "Baby face".
3. What was the man's name?
(a) John Winter.
(b) Derek Winter.
(c) Jack Winter.
(d) David Winter.
4. How far beneath the Hut was the town of Kurtal?
(a) Four thousand feet.
(b) Six thousand feet.
(c) Three thousand feet.
(d) Five thousand feet.
5. What did the person in the crevasse lose when he fell?
(c) spiked boots.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the difference in climbing the snow slope and climbing the ice?
2. What sound did Rudi make?
3. What had Rudi's tormentor seen?
4. What is the first thing Rudi tied to the staff?
5. To what stone did Rudi compare the man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What made Rudi's actions regarding Saxo's rescue all the more selfless?
2. How was the hut on the Citadel different from the other huts?
3. How is it obvious that Teo supports Rudi in climbing?
4. Why didn't Rudi turn around when he knew he had to go back or be caught in darkness?
5. Why does Rudi take such good care of his father's shirt?
6. In which way did Rudi earn his uncle's admiration?
7. Why did Teo lie to Franz and Gretchen?
8. How was the alternating of the lead role the greatest compliment a guide could give his employer?
9. How did Rudi motivate himself when he thought he couldn't manage it?
10. Why does Teo raising his glass to Saxo anger all in the tavern?
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)