|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason did Rudi reclaim his stick?
(a) To use for walking.
(b) To place the shirt upon the top of the mountain.
(c) To use to climb the ice.
(d) To "persuade" Winter to let him go with them.
2. Who did Rudi suspect was the shadowy figure?
(b) Josef Matt.
(c) His mother.
(d) Captain Winter.
3. What does Captain Winter say that Rudi deserves?
(a) A porter's career.
(b) A chance.
(c) A reward.
4. How much did Winter offer Franz to climb the Citadel with him?
(a) Three times the usual rate.
(b) Whatever amount he wanted.
(c) Twice the usual rate.
(d) One and a half times the usual rate.
5. What job does Teo do?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the man's name?
2. How old was Teo?
3. Which ridge does Rudi think is the only passable one?
4. What is the first thing Rudi tied to the staff?
5. How many mountains did Franz climb in one week?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Teo mean when he says "you cannot bottle the wind"?
2. Why was Rudi concerned about his boots?
3. How did Teo act as an experienced climber?
4. How could Captain Winter easily die if Franz lost his footing?
5. How is it obvious that Teo supports Rudi in climbing?
6. What was different between the upper and lower glaciers?
7. How was the alternating of the lead role the greatest compliment a guide could give his employer?
8. Why did the people of Kurtal fear the Citadel?
9. In what ways was Rudi's build different from that of most boys of the village?
10. What did Rudi's uncle's face tell him, and how did this make Rudi feel?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)