|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the proprietor of the moving shadow?
(a) A homeless person.
(b) A tourist couple.
(c) A foraging dog.
(d) A wolf.
2. Where did Rudi place the staff?
(a) He used it as a walking stick.
(b) Tied to his backpack.
(c) He carried it in his hands.
(d) Tied to his shoulders.
3. How did Rudi react to Captain Winters' story of his rescue?
(a) He was defiant.
(b) He was distraught.
(c) He was pleading.
(d) He was embarrassed.
4. In what kind of tree was Rudi's staff hidden?
(a) A blue spruce.
(b) A cedar.
(c) An lodge-pole pine.
(d) A fir.
5. What was the peak of the Citadel hidden behind?
(a) The shoulder of the Wunderhorn.
(b) A large cloud.
(c) The peak of the Wunderhorn.
(d) A dense layer of mist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gave Rudi such hope?
2. What often happens in the high mountains?
3. What would Rudi have been glad to do?
4. What had changed in Rudi's lifetime?
5. How much did Rudi's pack weigh?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the reason that Rudi couldn't come with Saxo and Winter to Broli?
2. What made Rudi's actions regarding Saxo's rescue all the more selfless?
3. How did Winter keep peace between the two rival guides?
4. What did Rudi vow to do every time Franz came back, and why didn't he do it?
5. How did Rudi save Mr. Winter?
6. What did Rudi's uncle's face tell him, and how did this make Rudi feel?
7. How did Rudi motivate himself when he thought he couldn't manage it?
8. Why is it unimportant that Rudi made the climb on his own?
9. What was different between the upper and lower glaciers?
10. What did the man in the cabin look like?
This section contains 1,093 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)