|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has the person been in the crevasse?
(a) Three hours.
(b) A half hour.
(c) One hour.
(d) Two hours.
2. Why is Rudi employed as a dishwasher?
(a) His mother was jealous of his climbing abilities.
(b) His uncle promised him a scholarship if he stayed in business.
(c) His mother doesn't want him following his father to the grave.
(d) He didn't want to follow his father to the grave.
3. How many days did it rain?
4. What often happens in the high mountains?
(a) Dawn doesn't bring warmth but increased cold.
(b) The ice becomes more treacherous at dawn.
(c) The ice starts to melt at dawn.
(d) Dawn brings warmth.
5. How did Rudi move?
(a) Like a sleepwalker.
(b) As though his heart were gone from him.
(c) Like an invalid.
(d) Like a ghost.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Captain Winter going?
2. What didn't Franz bring out for lunch?
3. What had Rudi never received before?
4. How did the man fall in the crevasse?
5. What was Teo's last hike?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was different between the upper and lower glaciers?
2. Why didn't Rudi turn around when he knew he had to go back or be caught in darkness?
3. Why doesn't Saxo want to climb with Franz?
4. How is it obvious that Teo supports Rudi in climbing?
5. How did Saxo treat pursuit of the summit originally? How did this change following his injury?
6. What happened, and how did it strand Rudi?
7. In what ways did the Englishman not look so good?
8. How does Captain Winter shame the two guides into working together?
9. How did the stillness affect Rudi?
10. How would the group had been defeated if not for Rudi?
This section contains 1,053 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)