|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the guides believe will destroy the Englishman and the guide from Broli?
(a) The demons of the Citadel.
(b) The ghosts of Rudi's father and his Herr.
(c) Their audacity.
(d) The treacherous climb.
2. What spanned the crevasse at the center?
(a) A timber bridge.
(b) An ice bridge.
(c) A snow bridge.
(d) A rope bridge.
3. How did Rudi move?
(a) Like a sleepwalker.
(b) Like a ghost.
(c) As though his heart were gone from him.
(d) Like an invalid.
4. What did Captain Winter remind Rudi of when he was climbing?
(a) A mountain lion.
(b) A jousting warrior.
(c) A cat.
(d) A man struggling with inanimate rock.
5. Why did Rudi venture out in another direction?
(a) He wanted to provide something for the day's climb.
(b) He wanted to see what was beyond the ledge.
(c) He wanted to explore.
(d) He had wanted the glory for himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Teo say in regard to Rudi's climb with him?
2. How long had the Citadel been left alone?
3. What didn't Rudi take from the cupboard?
4. What time is Rudi supposed to meet Teo?
5. What had changed in Rudi's lifetime?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways was Rudi's build different from that of most boys of the village?
2. How was the hut on the Citadel different from the other huts?
3. Why did Rudi have to keep to the shadows while playing hooky from work?
4. Why did the people of Kurtal fear the Citadel?
5. Why do the people of the village think that Winter is crazy?
6. Why did Rudi's father wear a red shirt every day he climbed?
7. What things do Franz and Rudi's mother say to try and show the boy the sense in a career in a hotel?
8. Why does Rudi take such good care of his father's shirt?
9. How could Captain Winter easily die if Franz lost his footing?
10. Why does Teo raising his glass to Saxo anger all in the tavern?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)