|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Rudi have been glad to do?
(a) Show Emil what Josef Matt's son was capable of.
(b) Climb the Citadel.
(c) Tell his uncle he climbed the Citadel.
(d) Take the lead.
2. How far beneath the Hut was the town of Kurtal?
(a) Six thousand feet.
(b) Five thousand feet.
(c) Four thousand feet.
(d) Three thousand feet.
3. How did the man fall in the crevasse?
(a) The snow had covered the crevasse.
(b) The ground had given way beneath him.
(c) He was too busy looking at the mountain to watch where he was going.
(d) He had jumped in a suicide attempt.
4. What does Teo say abut Rudi?
(a) That he knows where he ought to be.
(b) That he is the only true mountain man in Kurtal.
(c) All of these.
(d) That he is the son of his father.
5. What was Rudi's mother known for?
(a) The sweetness of her smile.
(b) The delicateness of her build.
(c) Her compassion for the other townsfolk.
(d) The musical nature of her laugh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the last person that Teo raises his glass to?
2. Why didn't Rudi's mother cry and cling to him?
3. What is the first thing Rudi tied to the staff?
4. What did Teo tell the waitress?
5. Why doesn't Franz think that Rudi can be a porter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Rudi save Mr. Winter?
2. What did Rudi's uncle's face tell him, and how did this make Rudi feel?
3. Why does Teo raising his glass to Saxo anger all in the tavern?
4. What was it that Winter said that left Rudi spellbound?
5. What did the man in the cabin look like?
6. How was the alternating of the lead role the greatest compliment a guide could give his employer?
7. Why did the people of Kurtal fear the Citadel?
8. Why was Franz looking at Rudi as though he had never seen him before?
9. How is it obvious that Teo supports Rudi in climbing?
10. How could Captain Winter easily die if Franz lost his footing?
This section contains 1,070 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)