|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Until what time did Rudi wait in bed?
2. Who is the "madman" that Franz is referring to?
(c) Captain Winter.
(d) Emil Saxo.
3. How did Teo get injured?
(a) He jeopardized his life.
(b) He fell in the darkness.
(c) He made a mistake like Rudi.
(d) He sacrificed himself for the good of the employer.
4. What did the group take with them?
(a) Their packs.
(b) Extra sweaters.
(c) Cheese, sausage and chocolate.
(d) All their gear.
5. What had there never been in Kurtal?
(a) A robbery.
(b) A burglary.
(c) A crime.
(d) A man as foolhardy as Captain Winter.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what stone did Rudi compare the man?
2. What country did Rudi guess the man was from?
3. How far down does the person guess he is?
4. What color did Rudy want his face to be?
5. Where was the voice coming from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Saxo treat Rudi differently after they had gotten down to the base of the Citadel?
2. Who was Mr. Winter?
3. Why did the people of Kurtal fear the Citadel?
4. What was the reason that Rudi couldn't come with Saxo and Winter to Broli?
5. In what ways was Rudi's build different from that of most boys of the village?
6. How did Winter keep peace between the two rival guides?
7. What can the chapter title refer to if it is used as a metaphor?
8. Why was it dangerous to travel up the slope in the sun?
9. How did Rudi save Mr. Winter?
10. Why was Frau Matt not upset with Paul Tauglich?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)