|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Teo fill the pack he gives to Rudi?
(b) His own weight.
2. What in the rock glittered like diamonds?
3. What sound did Rudi make?
(a) A click of the lock being engaged.
(b) A hissing of striking a match.
(c) He dropped a boot.
(d) A creak of a plank underfoot.
4. How did the man fall in the crevasse?
(a) He was too busy looking at the mountain to watch where he was going.
(b) The snow had covered the crevasse.
(c) He had jumped in a suicide attempt.
(d) The ground had given way beneath him.
5. How old was Teo?
6. Why couldn't Winter and the group climb the rocks?
(a) The snow looked more inviting.
(b) There was no acceptable purchase for feet and hands.
(c) They were too steep.
(d) The rocks looked loose and like they might give way.
7. What spanned the crevasse at the center?
(a) A timber bridge.
(b) A rope bridge.
(c) An ice bridge.
(d) A snow bridge.
8. How old was Rudi's mother when Josef died?
9. Where was Josef Matt's shirt found?
(a) Flying like a pennant from a stick.
(b) On himself.
(c) On the top of the Citadel.
(d) On Stephenson.
10. Until what time did Rudi wait in bed?
11. What country did Rudi guess the man was from?
12. What job does Teo do?
13. What did Teo tell the waitress?
(a) That Rudi was good for nothing in the kitchen.
(b) That Rudi was out on an errand.
(c) That Rudi was a good boy.
(d) That Rudi had gone to see his ailing mother.
14. How far down does the person guess he is?
(a) About twenty feet.
(b) About ten feet.
(c) They are barely conscious, and are dazed.
(d) About thirty feet.
15. What mountain was used as a "practice mountain" by guides and visiting climbers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Rudi have been glad to do?
2. What were tourists called?
3. What had there never been in Kurtal?
4. What does Teo say abut Rudi?
5. What did Winter and Saxo spend the first hour in the hut doing?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)