|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Teo?
2. What spanned the crevasse at the center?
(a) A rope bridge.
(b) A snow bridge.
(c) A timber bridge.
(d) An ice bridge.
3. Until what time did Rudi wait in bed?
4. What point of the Citadel was the highest point reached before?
(a) The Battlement.
(b) The Keep.
(c) The Peak.
(d) The Fortress.
5. What often happens in the high mountains?
(a) Dawn brings warmth.
(b) Dawn doesn't bring warmth but increased cold.
(c) The ice becomes more treacherous at dawn.
(d) The ice starts to melt at dawn.
6. How many dishes did Rudi break?
7. What does Captain Winter say that Rudi deserves?
(b) A porter's career.
(c) A chance.
(d) A reward.
8. What sound did Rudi make?
(a) A hissing of striking a match.
(b) He dropped a boot.
(c) A click of the lock being engaged.
(d) A creak of a plank underfoot.
9. In what kind of tree was Rudi's staff hidden?
(a) A cedar.
(b) A fir.
(c) A blue spruce.
(d) An lodge-pole pine.
10. How did Rudi know his father's shirt had to be of high quality?
(a) The dye color had faded.
(b) The cotton was still soft.
(c) The moths couldn't eat it.
(d) The crimson dye hadn't faded.
11. What was the greatest sin a mountaineer can commit?
(a) Making the employer risk his life to save his.
(b) Scouting ahead without telling anyone where he was going.
(c) Making others risk their lives to save his.
12. Why did Rudi's mother think that Rudi had gone with Franz?
(a) She expected him to stay safe, so she wouldn't worry.
(b) She assumed when he had not been at the hotel, that he was with Franz.
(c) Rudi had told her that was where he was going.
(d) Rudi had left her a note telling her not to worry.
13. What mountain was used as a "practice mountain" by guides and visiting climbers?
14. How much did Winter offer Franz to climb the Citadel with him?
(a) Whatever amount he wanted.
(b) Three times the usual rate.
(c) Twice the usual rate.
(d) One and a half times the usual rate.
15. What other village bordered the Citadel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the person in the crevasse lose when he fell?
2. What was Rudi's mother known for?
3. How far beneath the Hut was the town of Kurtal?
4. Where did Teo tell Franz that Rudi was?
5. How does Franz comfort Frau Matt?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)