|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Rudi employed as a dishwasher?
(a) He didn't want to follow his father to the grave.
(b) His mother doesn't want him following his father to the grave.
(c) His mother was jealous of his climbing abilities.
(d) His uncle promised him a scholarship if he stayed in business.
2. What did Rudi strike a second match for?
(a) To see his father's name.
(b) To see the path.
(c) To see if Franz was still sleeping.
(d) To write his mother a note.
3. How much did Rudi's pack weigh?
(a) Twenty-five pounds.
(b) Thirty pounds.
(c) Twenty pounds.
(d) Fifteen pounds.
4. What other village bordered the Citadel?
5. How did the man fall in the crevasse?
(a) He was too busy looking at the mountain to watch where he was going.
(b) He had jumped in a suicide attempt.
(c) The ground had given way beneath him.
(d) The snow had covered the crevasse.
6. What was Rudi's mother known for?
(a) The musical nature of her laugh.
(b) The sweetness of her smile.
(c) Her compassion for the other townsfolk.
(d) The delicateness of her build.
7. How did Rudi move?
(a) As though his heart were gone from him.
(b) Like a ghost.
(c) Like a sleepwalker.
(d) Like an invalid.
8. In what year does this story take place?
9. What had there never been in Kurtal?
(a) A robbery.
(b) A man as foolhardy as Captain Winter.
(c) A crime.
(d) A burglary.
10. How old was Teo?
11. Why doesn't Rudi want Winter speaking of his rescue?
(a) His mother and uncle will hear and he'll get in trouble.
(b) He doesn't want the attention from the townsfolk.
(c) He doesn't want to worry his mother.
(d) He is shy.
12. What mountain did Rudy long to climb?
(a) The Wunderhorn.
(b) The Monte Rosa.
(c) The Citadel.
(d) The Rotalp.
13. Where did Rudi place the staff?
(a) He carried it in his hands.
(b) Tied to his backpack.
(c) Tied to his shoulders.
(d) He used it as a walking stick.
14. How far beneath the Hut was the town of Kurtal?
(a) Six thousand feet.
(b) Four thousand feet.
(c) Five thousand feet.
(d) Three thousand feet.
15. What did the Citadel make all the other mountains around it look like?
(a) Practice mountains.
(c) Baby hills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had happened when they had reached the snow slope?
2. Where did Teo tell Franz that Rudi was?
3. What didn't Rudi take from the cupboard?
4. How long has the person been in the crevasse?
5. What did Teo tell the waitress?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)