|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the peak of the Citadel hidden behind?
(a) A large cloud.
(b) A dense layer of mist.
(c) The shoulder of the Wunderhorn.
(d) The peak of the Wunderhorn.
2. What time is Rudi supposed to meet Teo?
(c) Eight o'clock.
(d) Seven o'clock.
3. What didn't Captain Winter buy for Rudi?
(a) A knapsack.
(d) An ice ax.
4. What job does Teo do?
5. With what does Teo fill the pack he gives to Rudi?
(d) His own weight.
6. What often happens in the high mountains?
(a) Dawn doesn't bring warmth but increased cold.
(b) The ice starts to melt at dawn.
(c) The ice becomes more treacherous at dawn.
(d) Dawn brings warmth.
7. How old was Teo?
8. What in the rock glittered like diamonds?
9. What is the first thing Rudi tied to the staff?
(a) His jacket.
(b) His backpack.
(c) His pants.
(d) His shirt.
10. What mountain was used as a "practice mountain" by guides and visiting climbers?
11. What was the favorite resort of the guides of Kurtal?
(a) The Edelweiss pub.
(b) The Edenweiss pub.
(c) The Edellweiss pub.
(d) The Edweiss pub.
12. What didn't Franz bring out for lunch?
13. Why didn't Rudi's father leave the Citadel?
(a) He couldn't find his way.
(b) Sir Stephenson begged him not to go.
(c) He wouldn't leave his client.
(d) He was hurt.
14. How did Rudi know his father's shirt had to be of high quality?
(a) The dye color had faded.
(b) The cotton was still soft.
(c) The crimson dye hadn't faded.
(d) The moths couldn't eat it.
15. What point of the Citadel was the highest point reached before?
(a) The Battlement.
(b) The Keep.
(c) The Peak.
(d) The Fortress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Rudi suspect was the shadowy figure?
2. Who was waiting in the hut when Rudi entered?
3. What did Winter and Saxo spend the first hour in the hut doing?
4. Why did Rudi venture out in another direction?
5. What didn't Rudi take from the cupboard?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)