|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the group take with them?
(a) Cheese, sausage and chocolate.
(b) All their gear.
(c) Their packs.
(d) Extra sweaters.
2. Where did Teo tell Franz that Rudi was?
(a) Up the mountain.
(b) At the market.
(c) Out getting more soap.
(d) Helping in another area of the Hotel.
3. How did Teo get injured?
(a) He fell in the darkness.
(b) He made a mistake like Rudi.
(c) He jeopardized his life.
(d) He sacrificed himself for the good of the employer.
4. Who does Teo first raise his beer to?
(b) Emil Saxo.
(c) Captain Winter.
5. Which ridge does Rudi think is the only passable one?
(a) The east face.
(b) The northeast ridge.
(c) The north face.
(d) The southeast ridge.
6. Why was Rudi struggling under his burdens?
(a) He was weak.
(b) They were too heavy.
(c) He was carrying the heaviest load.
(d) It had gotten warmer.
7. What was the man's name?
(a) Derek Winter.
(b) David Winter.
(c) John Winter.
(d) Jack Winter.
8. Why couldn't Winter and the group climb the rocks?
(a) The snow looked more inviting.
(b) The rocks looked loose and like they might give way.
(c) There was no acceptable purchase for feet and hands.
(d) They were too steep.
9. What sound did Rudi make?
(a) A hissing of striking a match.
(b) He dropped a boot.
(c) A creak of a plank underfoot.
(d) A click of the lock being engaged.
10. Why didn't Saxo want Rudi coming along?
(a) He saw Rudi as a child.
(b) He thought Winter would favor him.
(c) He thought he would slow them down.
(d) He didn't want to be responsible for the boy.
11. What country did Rudi guess the man was from?
12. Until what time did Rudi wait in bed?
13. What was the difference in climbing the snow slope and climbing the ice?
(a) The snow slope was colder.
(b) The snow slope was more treacherous.
(c) There was no sound on the snow slope.
(d) The snow slope was less dangerous.
14. Why is Rudi employed as a dishwasher?
(a) He didn't want to follow his father to the grave.
(b) His mother doesn't want him following his father to the grave.
(c) His mother was jealous of his climbing abilities.
(d) His uncle promised him a scholarship if he stayed in business.
15. What happened to Rudi?
(a) He triggered an avalanche.
(b) He hurt himself.
(c) He slipped and fell.
(d) His eyes closed without them meaning to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Teo tell the waitress?
2. Who did Rudi suspect was the shadowy figure?
3. What time is Rudi supposed to meet Teo?
4. Why didn't Rudi's mother cry and cling to him?
5. What reward does Winter suggest that Rudi should get from them?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)