|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Rudi's father leave the Citadel?
(a) He couldn't find his way.
(b) Sir Stephenson begged him not to go.
(c) He was hurt.
(d) He wouldn't leave his client.
2. What did the Citadel make all the other mountains around it look like?
(b) Baby hills.
(c) Practice mountains.
3. Who was waiting in the hut when Rudi entered?
(b) His mother.
(c) Captain Winter.
(d) Emil Saxo.
4. Which glacier did Rudi go up?
5. What suggested that Franz and the group would be the only ones on the Wunderhorn that day?
(a) There was no one ahead nor behind them.
(b) Franz had booked the mountain path for Captain Winter and to train Rudi.
(c) No one else had stirred with them that morning.
(d) Everyone had said the night before where they were going.
6. What did Winter and Saxo spend the first hour in the hut doing?
(a) Dusting off the shelves.
(b) Setting up camp.
(c) Replacing the moldy hay.
(d) Clearing out the cobwebs.
7. Approximately how high is the top of the Wunderhorn?
(a) Eleven thousand feet.
(b) Thirteen thousand feet.
(c) Ten thousand feet.
(d) Twelve thousand feet.
8. Who would substitute for Rudi at the hotel?
(a) Herr Hemit.
(b) Toni Hassler.
(c) Digal Hassler.
(d) Franz Lerner.
9. How did Teo get injured?
(a) He made a mistake like Rudi.
(b) He fell in the darkness.
(c) He sacrificed himself for the good of the employer.
(d) He jeopardized his life.
10. What had happened when they had reached the snow slope?
(a) Saxo slipped and fell.
(b) Winter slipped and fell.
(c) Rudi slipped and fell.
(d) An avalanche.
11. Where is Captain Winter going?
(a) To Georgia.
(b) To Greece.
(c) To Geneva.
(d) To Germany.
12. What in the rock glittered like diamonds?
13. What reward does Winter suggest that Rudi should get from them?
(a) He should not be punished.
(b) They should let him be a porter.
(c) They should let him come as porter on the Wunderhorn.
(d) They shouldn't be angry with him.
14. Why does Winter volunteer to go after Rudi?
(a) He is more able.
(b) He is lighter.
(c) He encouraged Franz to let him go.
(d) He had given Rudi the gear.
15. What did Rudi strike a second match for?
(a) To write his mother a note.
(b) To see his father's name.
(c) To see the path.
(d) To see if Franz was still sleeping.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mountain did Rudy long to climb?
2. Why doesn't Franz think that Rudi can be a porter?
3. Why was Rudi to be ashamed of the mistake he made?
4. What had Rudi never received before?
5. What was the proprietor of the moving shadow?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)