|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Rudi know more of than any other guide in Kurtal?
(a) The approaches to the Citadel.
(b) Hotel dishwashing.
(c) How to climb without being seen.
(d) How to mountain climb.
2. Why did Rudi's mother think that Rudi had gone with Franz?
(a) Rudi had left her a note telling her not to worry.
(b) She assumed when he had not been at the hotel, that he was with Franz.
(c) Rudi had told her that was where he was going.
(d) She expected him to stay safe, so she wouldn't worry.
3. What other village bordered the Citadel?
4. What in the rock glittered like diamonds?
5. Where was the voice coming from?
(a) Behind him from the path.
(b) One of the mountain slopes.
(c) Inside a crevasse.
(d) Behind him from the valley.
6. What was Rudi's mother known for?
(a) The sweetness of her smile.
(b) Her compassion for the other townsfolk.
(c) The musical nature of her laugh.
(d) The delicateness of her build.
7. What suggested that Franz and the group would be the only ones on the Wunderhorn that day?
(a) There was no one ahead nor behind them.
(b) Everyone had said the night before where they were going.
(c) Franz had booked the mountain path for Captain Winter and to train Rudi.
(d) No one else had stirred with them that morning.
8. What did the other boys of the village call Rudi?
(a) "Angel face".
(b) Nothing to his face.
(c) "Boy wonder".
(d) "Baby face".
9. What did Winter and Saxo spend the first hour in the hut doing?
(a) Dusting off the shelves.
(b) Clearing out the cobwebs.
(c) Replacing the moldy hay.
(d) Setting up camp.
10. What did the group take with them?
(a) Cheese, sausage and chocolate.
(b) Extra sweaters.
(c) All their gear.
(d) Their packs.
11. Why didn't Rudi's father leave the Citadel?
(a) Sir Stephenson begged him not to go.
(b) He wouldn't leave his client.
(c) He was hurt.
(d) He couldn't find his way.
12. Who did Rudi suspect was the shadowy figure?
(a) Captain Winter.
(c) His mother.
(d) Josef Matt.
13. What lie does Rudi tell Winter?
(a) He had no fear of the ascent.
(b) His uncle wanted him to go in his stead.
(c) He wasn't in trouble and his uncle was letting him be a porter.
(d) He was allowed to go and make the ascent of the Citadel.
14. What does Teo say abut Rudi?
(a) That he knows where he ought to be.
(b) That he is the son of his father.
(c) All of these.
(d) That he is the only true mountain man in Kurtal.
15. Where did Teo tell Franz that Rudi was?
(a) Out getting more soap.
(b) Helping in another area of the Hotel.
(c) At the market.
(d) Up the mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Rudi place the staff?
2. What were tourists called?
3. What was the highest honor a man could obtain?
4. How old was Rudi's mother when Josef died?
5. What did the Citadel make all the other mountains around it look like?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)