|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Rudi tied to the staff?
(a) His backpack.
(b) His jacket.
(c) His shirt.
(d) His pants.
2. What other village bordered the Citadel?
3. Why was Rudi struggling under his burdens?
(a) They were too heavy.
(b) He was carrying the heaviest load.
(c) It had gotten warmer.
(d) He was weak.
4. Why didn't Rudi's father leave the Citadel?
(a) He couldn't find his way.
(b) He wouldn't leave his client.
(c) Sir Stephenson begged him not to go.
(d) He was hurt.
5. What didn't Franz bring out for lunch?
6. How old was Teo?
7. What color did Rudy want his face to be?
(a) Brown and tough, weather-stained.
8. What didn't Captain Winter buy for Rudi?
(c) A knapsack.
(d) An ice ax.
9. What did Teo tell the waitress?
(a) That Rudi had gone to see his ailing mother.
(b) That Rudi was good for nothing in the kitchen.
(c) That Rudi was a good boy.
(d) That Rudi was out on an errand.
10. How much did Rudi's pack weigh?
(a) Twenty-five pounds.
(b) Twenty pounds.
(c) Fifteen pounds.
(d) Thirty pounds.
11. Where was Josef Matt's shirt found?
(a) Flying like a pennant from a stick.
(b) On himself.
(c) On the top of the Citadel.
(d) On Stephenson.
12. Why is Rudi employed as a dishwasher?
(a) His uncle promised him a scholarship if he stayed in business.
(b) His mother was jealous of his climbing abilities.
(c) He didn't want to follow his father to the grave.
(d) His mother doesn't want him following his father to the grave.
13. What did Captain Winter remind Rudi of when he was climbing?
(a) A mountain lion.
(b) A cat.
(c) A jousting warrior.
(d) A man struggling with inanimate rock.
14. What was the highest honor a man could obtain?
(a) To be of service to a man in trouble.
(b) To maintain a steady job.
(c) To be a member of the Company of Guides of Kurtal.
(d) To lead the tourists up the mountain.
15. Who saw the three climb up the icefall?
(c) The hotel owner.
(d) Frau Matt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the barmaid?
2. Why did Rudi's mother think that Rudi had gone with Franz?
3. Who would substitute for Rudi at the hotel?
4. How did Teo get injured?
5. What did the group take with them?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)