|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Rudi want Winter speaking of his rescue?
(a) He doesn't want to worry his mother.
(b) He doesn't want the attention from the townsfolk.
(c) He is shy.
(d) His mother and uncle will hear and he'll get in trouble.
2. Why was Rudi to be ashamed of the mistake he made?
(a) He jeopardized the employer.
(b) He made a stupid mistake.
(c) He wasn't thinking of others, but of himself.
(d) He didn't place value on his life.
3. Why didn't Rudi get his staff?
(a) He didn't want to slow the men down.
(b) He didn't want to heft his "childs' toy" in front of the men.
(c) He had no need of it, having gotten an ice ax.
(d) He didn't want anyone seeing where he had hidden it.
4. What was Rudi's mother known for?
(a) Her compassion for the other townsfolk.
(b) The sweetness of her smile.
(c) The delicateness of her build.
(d) The musical nature of her laugh.
5. Who was waiting in the hut when Rudi entered?
(a) Emil Saxo.
(c) Captain Winter.
(d) His mother.
6. Which ridge does Rudi think is the only passable one?
(a) The east face.
(b) The northeast ridge.
(c) The north face.
(d) The southeast ridge.
7. What did Teo tell the waitress?
(a) That Rudi was a good boy.
(b) That Rudi was good for nothing in the kitchen.
(c) That Rudi was out on an errand.
(d) That Rudi had gone to see his ailing mother.
8. What reward does Winter suggest that Rudi should get from them?
(a) They should let him come as porter on the Wunderhorn.
(b) He should not be punished.
(c) They shouldn't be angry with him.
(d) They should let him be a porter.
9. What would Rudi have been glad to do?
(a) Show Emil what Josef Matt's son was capable of.
(b) Take the lead.
(c) Climb the Citadel.
(d) Tell his uncle he climbed the Citadel.
10. What job does Teo do?
11. What suggested that Franz and the group would be the only ones on the Wunderhorn that day?
(a) There was no one ahead nor behind them.
(b) No one else had stirred with them that morning.
(c) Franz had booked the mountain path for Captain Winter and to train Rudi.
(d) Everyone had said the night before where they were going.
12. What happened to Rudi?
(a) His eyes closed without them meaning to.
(b) He triggered an avalanche.
(c) He hurt himself.
(d) He slipped and fell.
13. What is the name of the barmaid?
14. For what reason did Rudi reclaim his stick?
(a) To use for walking.
(b) To use to climb the ice.
(c) To "persuade" Winter to let him go with them.
(d) To place the shirt upon the top of the mountain.
15. How long has the person been in the crevasse?
(a) Three hours.
(b) A half hour.
(c) One hour.
(d) Two hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lie does Rudi tell Winter?
2. What did Rudi know more of than any other guide in Kurtal?
3. What were tourists called?
4. What had Rudi's tormentor seen?
5. How did Rudi know his father's shirt had to be of high quality?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)