|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reward does Winter suggest that Rudi should get from them?
(a) They should let him be a porter.
(b) They shouldn't be angry with him.
(c) He should not be punished.
(d) They should let him come as porter on the Wunderhorn.
2. What did Rudi strike a second match for?
(a) To write his mother a note.
(b) To see if Franz was still sleeping.
(c) To see the path.
(d) To see his father's name.
3. How old was Rudi's mother when Josef died?
4. What was the only sound?
(a) His boots on the gravel.
(b) A frog.
(c) His boots on the hard-packed earth.
(d) A cricket chirping.
5. What country did Rudi guess the man was from?
6. How did Rudi react to Captain Winters' story of his rescue?
(a) He was defiant.
(b) He was pleading.
(c) He was distraught.
(d) He was embarrassed.
7. Where was Josef Matt's shirt found?
(a) On the top of the Citadel.
(b) Flying like a pennant from a stick.
(c) On Stephenson.
(d) On himself.
8. How does Franz comfort Frau Matt?
(a) He says that Rudi is a good climber and can do it.
(b) He explains that Winter is the best climber he has ever seen.
(c) He tells her Rudi has only gone to the glaciers.
(d) He explains that he will bring Rudi back.
9. Why was Rudi to be ashamed of the mistake he made?
(a) He didn't place value on his life.
(b) He wasn't thinking of others, but of himself.
(c) He made a stupid mistake.
(d) He jeopardized the employer.
10. Where was the voice coming from?
(a) One of the mountain slopes.
(b) Inside a crevasse.
(c) Behind him from the valley.
(d) Behind him from the path.
11. To what stone did Rudi compare the man?
12. Why was Rudi struggling under his burdens?
(a) It had gotten warmer.
(b) They were too heavy.
(c) He was carrying the heaviest load.
(d) He was weak.
13. What gave Rudi such hope?
(a) The chance to atone for the Wunderhorn fiasco.
(b) The return of Captain Winter.
(c) The chance to tell Franz what happened.
(d) Teo telling his uncle what happened.
14. Why did Rudi venture out in another direction?
(a) He wanted to provide something for the day's climb.
(b) He wanted to see what was beyond the ledge.
(c) He had wanted the glory for himself.
(d) He wanted to explore.
15. How long has the person been in the crevasse?
(a) Three hours.
(b) A half hour.
(c) Two hours.
(d) One hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does this story take place?
2. Why didn't Rudi's father leave the Citadel?
3. What did the group take with them?
4. How many days did it rain?
5. How old was Teo?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)