|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What didn't Rudi take from the cupboard?
(a) Hiking boots.
(c) The knapsack.
(d) Ice ax.
2. What had Rudi never received before?
(a) A letter.
(b) Such praise from a man of Winter's capabilities.
(c) A written note.
(d) Such fine gifts.
3. What guide does Mr. Winter hope to hire from Broli?
(a) Emil Lerner.
(b) Emil Saxo.
(c) Franz Lerner.
4. How did Teo get injured?
(a) He sacrificed himself for the good of the employer.
(b) He made a mistake like Rudi.
(c) He fell in the darkness.
(d) He jeopardized his life.
5. What often happens in the high mountains?
(a) Dawn doesn't bring warmth but increased cold.
(b) The ice becomes more treacherous at dawn.
(c) Dawn brings warmth.
(d) The ice starts to melt at dawn.
6. What didn't Captain Winter buy for Rudi?
(a) A knapsack.
(d) An ice ax.
7. What would Rudi have been glad to do?
(a) Climb the Citadel.
(b) Tell his uncle he climbed the Citadel.
(c) Show Emil what Josef Matt's son was capable of.
(d) Take the lead.
8. What reward does Winter suggest that Rudi should get from them?
(a) He should not be punished.
(b) They should let him be a porter.
(c) They should let him come as porter on the Wunderhorn.
(d) They shouldn't be angry with him.
9. Where is Captain Winter going?
(a) To Georgia.
(b) To Germany.
(c) To Geneva.
(d) To Greece.
10. What suggested that Franz and the group would be the only ones on the Wunderhorn that day?
(a) Franz had booked the mountain path for Captain Winter and to train Rudi.
(b) Everyone had said the night before where they were going.
(c) There was no one ahead nor behind them.
(d) No one else had stirred with them that morning.
11. What color did Rudy want his face to be?
(c) Brown and tough, weather-stained.
12. Who does Teo first raise his beer to?
(b) Captain Winter.
(d) Emil Saxo.
13. What do the guides believe will destroy the Englishman and the guide from Broli?
(a) The demons of the Citadel.
(b) The treacherous climb.
(c) The ghosts of Rudi's father and his Herr.
(d) Their audacity.
14. What does Teo say abut Rudi?
(a) That he is the son of his father.
(b) That he knows where he ought to be.
(c) That he is the only true mountain man in Kurtal.
(d) All of these.
15. Why did Rudi venture out in another direction?
(a) He wanted to provide something for the day's climb.
(b) He had wanted the glory for himself.
(c) He wanted to explore.
(d) He wanted to see what was beyond the ledge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Rudi employed as a dishwasher?
2. Why was Rudi struggling under his burdens?
3. Why didn't Rudi's father leave the Citadel?
4. What is the first thing Rudi tied to the staff?
5. Who was waiting in the hut when Rudi entered?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)