|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Rudi's mother when Josef died?
2. Why didn't Saxo want Rudi coming along?
(a) He thought Winter would favor him.
(b) He didn't want to be responsible for the boy.
(c) He thought he would slow them down.
(d) He saw Rudi as a child.
3. How did Rudi move?
(a) As though his heart were gone from him.
(b) Like a ghost.
(c) Like an invalid.
(d) Like a sleepwalker.
4. Who was waiting in the hut when Rudi entered?
(b) His mother.
(c) Captain Winter.
(d) Emil Saxo.
5. Where is Captain Winter going?
(a) To Georgia.
(b) To Germany.
(c) To Greece.
(d) To Geneva.
6. Why didn't Rudi's father leave the Citadel?
(a) He wouldn't leave his client.
(b) He couldn't find his way.
(c) He was hurt.
(d) Sir Stephenson begged him not to go.
7. What mountain was used as a "practice mountain" by guides and visiting climbers?
8. Where was Josef Matt's shirt found?
(a) On Stephenson.
(b) On the top of the Citadel.
(c) Flying like a pennant from a stick.
(d) On himself.
9. What gave Rudi such hope?
(a) The chance to atone for the Wunderhorn fiasco.
(b) Teo telling his uncle what happened.
(c) The chance to tell Franz what happened.
(d) The return of Captain Winter.
10. Why couldn't Winter and the group climb the rocks?
(a) They were too steep.
(b) The rocks looked loose and like they might give way.
(c) The snow looked more inviting.
(d) There was no acceptable purchase for feet and hands.
11. What had happened when they had reached the snow slope?
(a) Saxo slipped and fell.
(b) Rudi slipped and fell.
(c) Winter slipped and fell.
(d) An avalanche.
12. What does Teo say abut Rudi?
(a) That he knows where he ought to be.
(b) All of these.
(c) That he is the son of his father.
(d) That he is the only true mountain man in Kurtal.
13. What suggested that Franz and the group would be the only ones on the Wunderhorn that day?
(a) Franz had booked the mountain path for Captain Winter and to train Rudi.
(b) No one else had stirred with them that morning.
(c) Everyone had said the night before where they were going.
(d) There was no one ahead nor behind them.
14. Where did Rudi place the staff?
(a) Tied to his backpack.
(b) He carried it in his hands.
(c) Tied to his shoulders.
(d) He used it as a walking stick.
15. What would Rudi have been glad to do?
(a) Take the lead.
(b) Climb the Citadel.
(c) Tell his uncle he climbed the Citadel.
(d) Show Emil what Josef Matt's son was capable of.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Teo's last hike?
2. Where did Teo tell Franz that Rudi was?
3. Why is Rudi employed as a dishwasher?
4. How many days did it rain?
5. Who would substitute for Rudi at the hotel?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)