|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Rudi venture out in another direction?
(a) He wanted to explore.
(b) He had wanted the glory for himself.
(c) He wanted to see what was beyond the ledge.
(d) He wanted to provide something for the day's climb.
2. How many people could stay in the Blausee Hut?
3. What job does Teo do?
4. What other village bordered the Citadel?
5. How did the man fall in the crevasse?
(a) He was too busy looking at the mountain to watch where he was going.
(b) The snow had covered the crevasse.
(c) The ground had given way beneath him.
(d) He had jumped in a suicide attempt.
6. What country did Rudi guess the man was from?
7. How did Teo get injured?
(a) He made a mistake like Rudi.
(b) He sacrificed himself for the good of the employer.
(c) He jeopardized his life.
(d) He fell in the darkness.
8. With what does Teo fill the pack he gives to Rudi?
(c) His own weight.
9. Why didn't Saxo want Rudi coming along?
(a) He didn't want to be responsible for the boy.
(b) He thought he would slow them down.
(c) He thought Winter would favor him.
(d) He saw Rudi as a child.
10. What didn't Rudi take from the cupboard?
(b) Ice ax.
(c) The knapsack.
(d) Hiking boots.
11. Who did Rudi suspect was the shadowy figure?
(a) Captain Winter.
(b) Josef Matt.
(c) His mother.
12. How many dishes did Rudi break?
13. Who was waiting in the hut when Rudi entered?
(a) His mother.
(b) Emil Saxo.
(c) Captain Winter.
14. How far down does the person guess he is?
(a) They are barely conscious, and are dazed.
(b) About thirty feet.
(c) About twenty feet.
(d) About ten feet.
15. Which glacier did Rudi go up?
Short Answer Questions
1. What often happens in the high mountains?
2. What suggested that Franz and the group would be the only ones on the Wunderhorn that day?
3. What didn't Captain Winter buy for Rudi?
4. What happened to Rudi?
5. How old was Rudi's mother when Josef died?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)