|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Rudi's mother think that Rudi had gone with Franz?
(a) She assumed when he had not been at the hotel, that he was with Franz.
(b) Rudi had told her that was where he was going.
(c) She expected him to stay safe, so she wouldn't worry.
(d) Rudi had left her a note telling her not to worry.
2. What mountain did Rudy long to climb?
(a) The Wunderhorn.
(b) The Citadel.
(c) The Monte Rosa.
(d) The Rotalp.
3. How did Rudi move?
(a) Like a sleepwalker.
(b) Like an invalid.
(c) As though his heart were gone from him.
(d) Like a ghost.
4. What did the group take with them?
(a) Their packs.
(b) Extra sweaters.
(c) All their gear.
(d) Cheese, sausage and chocolate.
5. Why didn't Saxo want Rudi coming along?
(a) He thought Winter would favor him.
(b) He thought he would slow them down.
(c) He didn't want to be responsible for the boy.
(d) He saw Rudi as a child.
6. What was the proprietor of the moving shadow?
(a) A homeless person.
(b) A foraging dog.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A tourist couple.
7. What did Winter and Saxo spend the first hour in the hut doing?
(a) Setting up camp.
(b) Clearing out the cobwebs.
(c) Dusting off the shelves.
(d) Replacing the moldy hay.
8. Why doesn't Franz think that Rudi can be a porter?
(a) He is accident prone.
(b) He is careless.
(c) He's too small and irresponsible.
(d) He is too small.
9. How old was Rudi's mother when Josef died?
10. Why does Winter volunteer to go after Rudi?
(a) He is more able.
(b) He had given Rudi the gear.
(c) He encouraged Franz to let him go.
(d) He is lighter.
11. Who is the "madman" that Franz is referring to?
(b) Captain Winter.
(d) Emil Saxo.
12. In what year does this story take place?
13. What had changed in Rudi's lifetime?
(a) Rudi had promised he would never climb the Citadel.
(b) The Citadel had been climbed.
(c) The village had become a tourist attraction.
(d) Rudi's father had died.
14. Where did Teo tell Franz that Rudi was?
(a) Up the mountain.
(b) Helping in another area of the Hotel.
(c) Out getting more soap.
(d) At the market.
15. Who did Rudi suspect was the shadowy figure?
(a) Captain Winter.
(b) Josef Matt.
(c) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who would substitute for Rudi at the hotel?
2. Where was the voice coming from?
3. Why couldn't Winter and the group climb the rocks?
4. How many dishes did Rudi break?
5. How many people could stay in the Blausee Hut?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)