|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which ridge does Rudi think is the only passable one?
(a) The northeast ridge.
(b) The east face.
(c) The southeast ridge.
(d) The north face.
2. What do the guides believe will destroy the Englishman and the guide from Broli?
(a) The ghosts of Rudi's father and his Herr.
(b) The demons of the Citadel.
(c) Their audacity.
(d) The treacherous climb.
3. What guide does Mr. Winter hope to hire from Broli?
(a) Emil Saxo.
(b) Franz Lerner.
(c) Emil Lerner.
4. What was the favorite resort of the guides of Kurtal?
(a) The Edweiss pub.
(b) The Edellweiss pub.
(c) The Edelweiss pub.
(d) The Edenweiss pub.
5. What was the proprietor of the moving shadow?
(a) A tourist couple.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A homeless person.
(d) A foraging dog.
6. What suggested that Franz and the group would be the only ones on the Wunderhorn that day?
(a) There was no one ahead nor behind them.
(b) Everyone had said the night before where they were going.
(c) Franz had booked the mountain path for Captain Winter and to train Rudi.
(d) No one else had stirred with them that morning.
7. What did Teo say in regard to Rudi's climb with him?
(c) Really good.
(d) Not bad at all.
8. Why didn't Rudi's father leave the Citadel?
(a) Sir Stephenson begged him not to go.
(b) He wouldn't leave his client.
(c) He was hurt.
(d) He couldn't find his way.
9. Where did Teo tell Franz that Rudi was?
(a) Helping in another area of the Hotel.
(b) Up the mountain.
(c) Out getting more soap.
(d) At the market.
10. Why did Rudi venture out in another direction?
(a) He wanted to see what was beyond the ledge.
(b) He wanted to explore.
(c) He wanted to provide something for the day's climb.
(d) He had wanted the glory for himself.
11. What is the only nice thing that was said of Emil Saxo?
(a) He is good to his Herr's and will take good care of Winter.
(b) He is honorable and decent.
(c) He was the best of the guides in Broli.
(d) He is smart and canny.
12. What did the Citadel make all the other mountains around it look like?
(a) Practice mountains.
(b) Baby hills.
13. What other village bordered the Citadel?
14. How many dishes did Rudi break?
15. How many days did it take the rescue party to make it to Josef Matt?
(a) Three days.
(b) Twelve hours.
(c) One full day.
(d) Two days.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the person been in the crevasse?
2. Until what time did Rudi wait in bed?
3. What point of the Citadel was the highest point reached before?
4. Who did Rudi suspect was the shadowy figure?
5. What did the group take with them?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)