|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Saxo want Rudi coming along?
(a) He saw Rudi as a child.
(b) He thought he would slow them down.
(c) He thought Winter would favor him.
(d) He didn't want to be responsible for the boy.
2. What time were the guides of Kurtal set to mobilize?
3. What color did Rudy want his face to be?
(d) Brown and tough, weather-stained.
4. What do the guides believe will destroy the Englishman and the guide from Broli?
(a) The treacherous climb.
(b) Their audacity.
(c) The ghosts of Rudi's father and his Herr.
(d) The demons of the Citadel.
5. What does Captain Winter say that Rudi deserves?
(a) A reward.
(c) A chance.
(d) A porter's career.
6. What did the other boys of the village call Rudi?
(a) Nothing to his face.
(b) "Boy wonder".
(c) "Angel face".
(d) "Baby face".
7. What was the only sound?
(a) A frog.
(b) A cricket chirping.
(c) His boots on the gravel.
(d) His boots on the hard-packed earth.
8. Why is Rudi employed as a dishwasher?
(a) He didn't want to follow his father to the grave.
(b) His mother was jealous of his climbing abilities.
(c) His mother doesn't want him following his father to the grave.
(d) His uncle promised him a scholarship if he stayed in business.
9. What were tourists called?
10. What did Teo say in regard to Rudi's climb with him?
(b) Not bad at all.
(c) Really good.
11. How much did Winter offer Franz to climb the Citadel with him?
(a) Whatever amount he wanted.
(b) One and a half times the usual rate.
(c) Twice the usual rate.
(d) Three times the usual rate.
12. Where did Rudi place the staff?
(a) He carried it in his hands.
(b) Tied to his backpack.
(c) Tied to his shoulders.
(d) He used it as a walking stick.
13. Who is the last person that Teo raises his glass to?
(a) Frau Matt.
(b) Franz Lerner.
(d) Emil Saxo.
14. What other village bordered the Citadel?
15. How many days did it take the rescue party to make it to Josef Matt?
(a) Twelve hours.
(b) One full day.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gave Rudi such hope?
2. Until what time did Rudi wait in bed?
3. What guide does Mr. Winter hope to hire from Broli?
4. With what does Teo fill the pack he gives to Rudi?
5. Which ridge does Rudi think is the only passable one?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)