|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Josef Matt's shirt found?
(a) On the top of the Citadel.
(b) Flying like a pennant from a stick.
(c) On himself.
(d) On Stephenson.
2. What job does Teo do?
3. How many dishes did Rudi break?
4. What was the man's name?
(a) John Winter.
(b) David Winter.
(c) Derek Winter.
(d) Jack Winter.
5. What mountain did Rudy long to climb?
(a) The Wunderhorn.
(b) The Rotalp.
(c) The Monte Rosa.
(d) The Citadel.
6. How did Rudi react to Captain Winters' story of his rescue?
(a) He was pleading.
(b) He was defiant.
(c) He was distraught.
(d) He was embarrassed.
7. How does Franz comfort Frau Matt?
(a) He explains that he will bring Rudi back.
(b) He tells her Rudi has only gone to the glaciers.
(c) He says that Rudi is a good climber and can do it.
(d) He explains that Winter is the best climber he has ever seen.
8. What country did Rudi guess the man was from?
9. Why didn't Rudi's father leave the Citadel?
(a) He wouldn't leave his client.
(b) Sir Stephenson begged him not to go.
(c) He couldn't find his way.
(d) He was hurt.
10. What had changed in Rudi's lifetime?
(a) Rudi had promised he would never climb the Citadel.
(b) The village had become a tourist attraction.
(c) Rudi's father had died.
(d) The Citadel had been climbed.
11. What did the group take with them?
(a) Extra sweaters.
(b) Cheese, sausage and chocolate.
(c) Their packs.
(d) All their gear.
12. What did the Citadel make all the other mountains around it look like?
(b) Practice mountains.
(d) Baby hills.
13. What other village bordered the Citadel?
14. Why was Rudi struggling under his burdens?
(a) They were too heavy.
(b) It had gotten warmer.
(c) He was weak.
(d) He was carrying the heaviest load.
15. What did Captain Winter remind Rudi of when he was climbing?
(a) A man struggling with inanimate rock.
(b) A mountain lion.
(c) A jousting warrior.
(d) A cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Rudi's mother when Josef died?
2. How did Rudi know his father's shirt had to be of high quality?
3. What color did Rudy want his face to be?
4. With what does Teo fill the pack he gives to Rudi?
5. What is the first thing Rudi tied to the staff?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)