|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Rudi tied to the staff?
(a) His shirt.
(b) His backpack.
(c) His pants.
(d) His jacket.
2. Who would substitute for Rudi at the hotel?
(a) Digal Hassler.
(b) Herr Hemit.
(c) Toni Hassler.
(d) Franz Lerner.
3. What was the man's name?
(a) Jack Winter.
(b) John Winter.
(c) Derek Winter.
(d) David Winter.
4. What didn't Captain Winter buy for Rudi?
(b) An ice ax.
(d) A knapsack.
5. How long had the Citadel been left alone?
(a) Fourteen years.
(b) Eighteen years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Twenty years.
6. What did Captain Winter remind Rudi of when he was climbing?
(a) A cat.
(b) A mountain lion.
(c) A man struggling with inanimate rock.
(d) A jousting warrior.
7. What other village bordered the Citadel?
8. What point of the Citadel was the highest point reached before?
(a) The Battlement.
(b) The Fortress.
(c) The Peak.
(d) The Keep.
9. Who did Rudi suspect was the shadowy figure?
(a) Captain Winter.
(c) Josef Matt.
(d) His mother.
10. What do the guides believe will destroy the Englishman and the guide from Broli?
(a) The treacherous climb.
(b) The ghosts of Rudi's father and his Herr.
(c) The demons of the Citadel.
(d) Their audacity.
11. What reward does Winter suggest that Rudi should get from them?
(a) He should not be punished.
(b) They should let him come as porter on the Wunderhorn.
(c) They should let him be a porter.
(d) They shouldn't be angry with him.
12. What job does Teo do?
13. How many people could stay in the Blausee Hut?
14. What sound did Rudi make?
(a) A creak of a plank underfoot.
(b) A hissing of striking a match.
(c) He dropped a boot.
(d) A click of the lock being engaged.
15. With what does Teo fill the pack he gives to Rudi?
(b) His own weight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Rudi venture out in another direction?
2. What didn't Franz bring out for lunch?
3. What did Teo tell the waitress?
4. What had changed in Rudi's lifetime?
5. Who is the last person that Teo raises his glass to?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)