|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the guides believe will destroy the Englishman and the guide from Broli?
(a) The demons of the Citadel.
(b) The ghosts of Rudi's father and his Herr.
(c) The treacherous climb.
(d) Their audacity.
2. Why is Rudi employed as a dishwasher?
(a) His mother was jealous of his climbing abilities.
(b) He didn't want to follow his father to the grave.
(c) His uncle promised him a scholarship if he stayed in business.
(d) His mother doesn't want him following his father to the grave.
3. What time were the guides of Kurtal set to mobilize?
4. What did Captain Winter remind Rudi of when he was climbing?
(a) A jousting warrior.
(b) A cat.
(c) A mountain lion.
(d) A man struggling with inanimate rock.
5. What had changed in Rudi's lifetime?
(a) Rudi's father had died.
(b) The Citadel had been climbed.
(c) Rudi had promised he would never climb the Citadel.
(d) The village had become a tourist attraction.
6. How many days did it take the rescue party to make it to Josef Matt?
(a) One full day.
(b) Two days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Twelve hours.
7. What job does Teo do?
8. How far down does the person guess he is?
(a) They are barely conscious, and are dazed.
(b) About ten feet.
(c) About thirty feet.
(d) About twenty feet.
9. What didn't Rudi take from the cupboard?
(a) The knapsack.
(b) Hiking boots.
(c) Ice ax.
10. Which ridge does Rudi think is the only passable one?
(a) The southeast ridge.
(b) The northeast ridge.
(c) The east face.
(d) The north face.
11. What did the person in the crevasse lose when he fell?
(b) spiked boots.
12. Where did Rudi place the staff?
(a) He carried it in his hands.
(b) Tied to his backpack.
(c) He used it as a walking stick.
(d) Tied to his shoulders.
13. Approximately how high is the top of the Wunderhorn?
(a) Thirteen thousand feet.
(b) Eleven thousand feet.
(c) Ten thousand feet.
(d) Twelve thousand feet.
14. How did Teo get injured?
(a) He fell in the darkness.
(b) He jeopardized his life.
(c) He sacrificed himself for the good of the employer.
(d) He made a mistake like Rudi.
15. How long has the person been in the crevasse?
(a) Two hours.
(b) A half hour.
(c) Three hours.
(d) One hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Teo say abut Rudi?
2. Why did Rudi's mother think that Rudi had gone with Franz?
3. Why was Rudi struggling under his burdens?
4. What did the Citadel make all the other mountains around it look like?
5. How many dishes did Rudi break?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)