|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, The Heights.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Rudi cry out?
(a) He didn't think the other two people in his party would be alive to hear him.
(b) He felt that he would look wimpy to Saxo and Winter if he were to call out.
(c) He worried that his voice could trigger a fresh avalanche.
(d) He knew his strongest effort on the surface would be little more than a whisper.
2. What didn't Rudi take from the cupboard?
(a) Hiking boots.
(c) The knapsack.
(d) Ice ax.
3. What was Rudi's mother known for?
(a) The musical nature of her laugh.
(b) The delicateness of her build.
(c) The sweetness of her smile.
(d) Her compassion for the other townsfolk.
4. How many mountains did Franz climb in one week?
5. Why didn't Rudi's mother cry and cling to him?
(a) She wanted to treat him like a man, not as a boy.
(b) She didn't want to embarrass him.
(c) It is what she had done with his father, and he had never come home.
(d) She wouldn't display that kind of emotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Rudi?
2. Why does Winter volunteer to go after Rudi?
3. How does Winter explain that they should approach the mountain as a group?
4. How many days did it rain?
5. What made Rudi happy?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)