|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Darkness and Dawn.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Saxo and Winter headed back to Broli?
(a) To finish writing his will.
(b) To get a tent.
(c) To make a call to his wife.
(d) To get supplies.
2. What was the main reason that Saxo gave that he wouldn't climb with Franz?
(a) "A man of Broli is more skilled than a Kurtaler".
(b) " A man of Broli does not climb with a Kurtaler".
(c) "A man of Broli is better than a Kurtaler".
(d) "A Kurtaler is too good to climb with a man of Broli".
3. Why didn't Rudi's mother cry and cling to him?
(a) It is what she had done with his father, and he had never come home.
(b) She wanted to treat him like a man, not as a boy.
(c) She wouldn't display that kind of emotion.
(d) She didn't want to embarrass him.
4. What is the only nice thing that was said of Emil Saxo?
(a) He is honorable and decent.
(b) He is smart and canny.
(c) He is good to his Herr's and will take good care of Winter.
(d) He was the best of the guides in Broli.
5. What didn't Franz bring out for lunch?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Saxo become sullen?
2. Who stands up for Rudi and prevents Franz from taking him down the mountain?
3. To what stone did Rudi compare the man?
4. What were tourists called?
5. What had changed about the night?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)