|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Darkness and Dawn.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What guide does Mr. Winter hope to hire from Broli?
(a) Emil Saxo.
(b) Emil Lerner.
(d) Franz Lerner.
2. Who convinces Franz to climb the Citadel?
(c) The other guides of Kurtal.
(d) Captain Winter.
3. What did the person in the crevasse lose when he fell?
(c) spiked boots.
4. In what kind of tree was Rudi's staff hidden?
(a) An lodge-pole pine.
(b) A blue spruce.
(c) A fir.
(d) A cedar.
5. Why did Saxo think that Josef and Stephenson couldn't find the way up the eastern face?
(a) The weather might not have been as good.
(b) Stephenson was injured, and therefore they had to find a route to suit him.
(c) The Kurtal guide wasn't as skilled as a guide from Broli.
(d) They didn't look hard enough, or perhaps not have the skill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Rudi cry out?
2. What had happened when they had reached the snow slope?
3. What suggested that Franz and the group would be the only ones on the Wunderhorn that day?
4. What part of Rudi's body got stuck?
5. How did Rudi know which route to follow?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)