|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Darkness and Dawn.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What thought caused the specter to leave?
(a) That the only ghost would be that of his father.
(b) That ghosts aren't real.
(c) That it wanted to cause him no harm.
(d) That he was Josef Matt's son.
2. Why does Saxo think that so many people have come to the hut?
(a) To plot against them.
(b) To keep them from climbing the mountain.
(c) To create a situation in which no one goes up the mountain.
(d) To hurt them so they can't go up the mountain.
3. Why didn't Rudi yodel when he had gotten to where he stood?
(a) He wouldn't have honored his fathers memory,
(b) He didn't want Franz to hear him.
(c) It would have been blasphemy.
(d) It wouldn't have satisfied him.
4. Approximately how high is the top of the Wunderhorn?
(a) Ten thousand feet.
(b) Eleven thousand feet.
(c) Twelve thousand feet.
(d) Thirteen thousand feet.
5. Which ridge does Rudi think is the only passable one?
(a) The southeast ridge.
(b) The east face.
(c) The northeast ridge.
(d) The north face.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Winter and Saxo spend the first hour in the hut doing?
2. Where did Rudi keep near when he had approached the area in which the avalanche had occurred the day before?
3. How did the man fall in the crevasse?
4. What did Captain Winter remind Rudi of when he was climbing?
5. What did Rudi strike a second match for?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)