Chapter 1, A Boy and a Mountain
1. In what year does this story take place?
2. What job does Teo do?
3. What mountain did Rudy long to climb?
(a) The Wunderhorn.
(b) The Citadel.
(c) The Rotalp.
(d) The Monte Rosa.
4. What had changed in Rudi's lifetime?
(a) Rudi's father had died.
(b) The Citadel had been climbed.
(c) The village had become a tourist attraction.
(d) Rudi had promised he would never climb the Citadel.
5. What color did Rudy want his face to be?
(d) Brown and tough, weather-stained.
6. What did the other boys of the village call Rudi?
(a) "Angel face".
(b) Nothing to his face.
(c) "Boy wonder".
(d) "Baby face".
7. What were tourists called?
8. What was the highest honor a man could obtain?
(a) To lead the tourists up the mountain.
(b) To maintain a steady job.
(c) To be a member of the Company of Guides of Kurtal.
(d) To be of service to a man in trouble.
This section contains 4,760 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)