|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Like many Bengalis of his generation, Yunus is influenced by what kind of economics?
2. What is the name of the fisheries project Grameen takes on?
3. Yunus has a new definition of an entrepreneur who is what?
4. Who is the American co-chair of the first Microcredit Summit?
5. What does Grameen Uddog stand for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does Yunus find with resource allocation in Bangladesh?
2. How do the Clintons become involved with the Grameen Bank?
3. What are Grameen Phone and Grameen Telecom?
4. What role does Yunus believe the government should have in combating poverty?
5. How does Yunus rate the success of the Grameen programs as he looks back on the first two decades?
6. What is the Grameen Generalized System?
7. What problems does Yunus encounter with the U.S. welfare system?
8. What does Yunus believe is the best way to help control population size?
9. How do micro-credit programs get started in the United States?
10. Why does the Grameen Bank insist loans must be repaid even in the event of a disaster?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss, using specific examples, what Yunus discovers as he begins to study the poor people in the village of Jobra.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how The Nimgachi Fisheries Project is allegorically representative of the journey taken by the Grameen Bank.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the Grameen Foundation USA is established, despite the problems Yunus perceives to exist in the welfare programs in the United States.
This section contains 1,122 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)