|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. UN studies conducted in more than forty developing countries found that the birth rate falls as _______________.
2. Yunus calls the ____________ the "Grameen micro-credit highway."
3. Who does the Prime Minister of Bangladesh call during the launching ceremony of GrameenPhone?
4. As Yunus looks back on the success of Grameen Bank, how many of its borrowers are women?
5. Who do Arkansas state officials first introduce Yunus to in the preliminary steps of finding Grameen borrowers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Grameen Generalized System?
2. What is the Grameen Trust?
3. What is the International Dialogue Program?
4. Why doesn't Grameen offer skill training?
5. What kind of loans does Grameen give now that it is an established world entity?
6. What problems does Yunus find with resource allocation in Bangladesh?
7. Where are Grameen-like programs established around the world?
8. What is Grameen Securities Management Company?
9. What is the problem between Grameen and the World Bank?
10. What are Grameen Phone and Grameen Telecom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Grameen Bank's early success and its process of expanding into the Tangail District.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the highs and lows experienced by Grameen in the 1990s.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Yunus's criticism of the World Bank and compare their divergent efforts to help the poor people of the world.
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)