|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Grameen replication program called the Landless People's Fund of the Center for Agriculture and Rural Development is established in which country?
2. What is Grameen Check?
3. In what year does Grameen receive a cellular phone license?
4. Like many Bengalis of his generation, Yunus is influenced by what kind of economics?
5. Where is Professor David Gibbons teaching when he meets Yunus at a conference near Dhaka?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the International Dialogue Program?
2. What is the Grameen Trust?
3. What problems does Grameen encounter in the early 1990s?
4. How does Yunus rate the success of the Grameen programs as he looks back on the first two decades?
5. What problems does Yunus encounter with the U.S. welfare system?
6. How does Grameen give its staff leeway to be creative with loans?
7. How does the Grameen Bank begin replication programs?
8. What is the definition of a "social entrepreneur"?
9. How do the Clintons become involved with the Grameen Bank?
10. What are Grameen Phone and Grameen Telecom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Grameen replication process and success of the programs introduced into Malaysia and the Philippines.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the highs and lows experienced by Grameen in the 1990s.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how the Grameen loan program is structured and discuss how that structures goes against all traditional loan programs.
This section contains 1,138 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)