|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the leader of the Pakistan partition movement?
2. Yunus decides to structure the loan repayment on a _________ basis for his loan program.
3. Upon his return to Bangladesh, Yunus takes a position with the government's _________________.
4. What is the name of the capital city of Bangladesh?
5. Chittagong is what kind of city?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Yunus pay for the printing business he starts in the early 1960s?
2. Why does Yunus decide to return to Bangladesh?
3. Describe Yunus's childhood home on Boxirhat Road.
4. What happens to Yunus's mother, Sofia?
5. What happens during the Partition in 1947?
6. What is happening in Yunus's homeland in 1971 while he is in America?
7. What is the outcome of the Chittagong University Rural Development Project?
8. Who is Yunus's first wife and how did he meet her?
9. What influence does each of Yunus's parents have on him?
10. What does Yunus do on behalf of Bengalis and Bangladesh after the country declares independence from Pakistan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Citing three specific examples, discuss the far reaching benefits experienced in the lives of Grameen borrowers.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss, using specific examples, what Yunus discovers as he begins to study the poor people in the village of Jobra.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how the Grameen loan program is structured and discuss how that structures goes against all traditional loan programs.
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)