|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people does Yunus find in the village of Jobra that are in the same cycle of poverty like Sufiaya?
2. What does Yunus's father not like about being in business?
3. In 1982, Yunus is determined that Grameen should be what?
4. What is the name of the Boy Scout leader who had a strong influence on Yunus?
5. What is the name of Yunus's first wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Yunus do for money in his youth?
2. Why does Yunus decide to return to Bangladesh?
3. What influence does each of Yunus's parents have on him?
4. What does Yunus do on behalf of Bengalis and Bangladesh after the country declares independence from Pakistan?
5. What happens immediately to the government backed Grameen Bank?
6. What is the purpose of the Chittagong University Rural Development Project?
7. What happens during the Partition in 1947?
8. What happens in 1977 when Yunus visits a bank in Dhaka?
9. Describe Yunus's childhood home on Boxirhat Road.
10. What did Yunus discover as he visited the poor villagers of Jobra?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Partition and what effect does it have on Muhammad Yunus? How does this lay the framework for his future devotion to his country?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss, using specific examples, what Yunus discovers as he begins to study the poor people in the village of Jobra.
Essay Topic 3
How does Muhammad Yunus's career as a teacher play a role in his becoming a banker to the poor? Discuss specific examples.
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)