|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yunus's father not like about being in business?
2. Yunus's mother tells him the story of _____________.
3. When Yunus begins to teach at Chittagong University, what does he notice as he drives from his father's house every day?
4. What is the name of Yunus's father?
5. Yunus's experiment with the village of Jobra convinces him to focus on what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the bank manager tell Yunus about developing a loan program for the poor?
2. How does Yunus pay for the printing business he starts in the early 1960s?
3. What did Yunus discover as he visited the poor villagers of Jobra?
4. What is happening in Yunus's homeland in 1971 while he is in America?
5. How does Yunus describe his Bengali school?
6. What influence does each of Yunus's parents have on him?
7. What does Yunus find rewarding about his work as he begins to develop the Grameen Bank?
8. What happens to Yunus's mother, Sofia?
9. What surprise does Yunus find in the final agreement from the government to help the Grameen Bank in 1983?
10. What is the outcome of the Chittagong University Rural Development Project?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Yunus's criticism of the World Bank and compare their divergent efforts to help the poor people of the world.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Yunus's concept of the socially conscious entrepreneur and what he believes should be the third sector of the economy.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss, using specific examples, what Yunus discovers as he begins to study the poor people in the village of Jobra.
This section contains 1,098 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)