|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of business does Yunus's father have?
2. How much are all support group members required to deposit into a group fund?
3. Yunus decides to structure the loan repayment on a _________ basis for his loan program.
4. What year did Pakistan partition from India?
5. How much does the bamboo cost that Sufiaya Begum has to buy to make her stools?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the Chittagong University Rural Development Project?
2. How does Yunus pay for the printing business he starts in the early 1960s?
3. What did Yunus discover as he visited the poor villagers of Jobra?
4. What does Yunus do on behalf of Bengalis and Bangladesh after the country declares independence from Pakistan?
5. What is happening in Yunus's homeland in 1971 while he is in America?
6. What does Yunus find rewarding about his work as he begins to develop the Grameen Bank?
7. What surprise does Yunus find in the final agreement from the government to help the Grameen Bank in 1983?
8. How does the Grameen Bank Project attract young people to its employ?
9. What does Yunus do for money in his youth?
10. What influence does each of Yunus's parents have on him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Grameen Bank's early success and its process of expanding into the Tangail District.
Essay Topic 2
Yunus believes that keeping the dignity of the borrower is imperative to the success of any loan program. Discuss how Grameen has stayed true to its original intent of helping the poor without damaging their dignity. Cite specific examples.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Yunus's concept of the socially conscious entrepreneur and what he believes should be the third sector of the economy.
This section contains 1,209 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)