Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Pakistan partition from India?
2. What does Yunus's father not like about being in business?
3. How much in total does Yunus discover the poverty stricken people of Jobra need to make their own products?
4. Who does the managing director of the Bangladesh Agriculature Bank tell Yunus are failing the country?
5. How many members does a support group need before any loans are made?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the outcome of the Chittagong University Rural Development Project?
2. What is a dadan arrangement?
3. What happens in 1977 when Yunus visits a bank in Dhaka?
4. What does Yunus believe is the best way to help control population size?
5. What role does Yunus believe the government should have in combating poverty?
6. How does the Grameen Bank Project attract young people to its employ?
7. What is Yunus's experience like at the American universities he attends?
8. What are Grameen Phone and Grameen Telecom?
9. What problems does Grameen encounter in the early 1990s?
10. What is Yunus's view of how to end poverty in the world?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Yunus's concept of the socially conscious entrepreneur and what he believes should be the third sector of the economy.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the highs and lows experienced by Grameen in the 1990s.
Essay Topic 3
Yunus believes that keeping the dignity of the borrower is imperative to the success of any loan program. Discuss how Grameen has stayed true to its original intent of helping the poor without damaging their dignity. Cite specific examples.
This section contains 1,303 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)