|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. One managing director of the Central Bank of Bangladesh things village life is being ruined by bank employees' use of what?
2. What does Yunus learn from Professor Georgescu-Roegen that causes economics and life to be more complicated than they really are?
3. What is the name of the largest government bank in Bangladesh?
4. What is the name of Yunus's father?
5. What do people need in order to borrow money from the government bank in Bangladesh?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during the Partition in 1947?
2. What does the bank manager tell Yunus about developing a loan program for the poor?
3. What happens in the personal life of Yunus in 1980?
4. What did Yunus discover as he visited the poor villagers of Jobra?
5. Who helps Yunus get his loan program started?
6. What are the loan repayment terms that Yunus sets as he develops the Grameen Bank?
7. What does Yunus discover about lending money to women?
8. How does Yunus pay for the printing business he starts in the early 1960s?
9. What is happening in Yunus's homeland in 1971 while he is in America?
10. What happens to Yunus's mother, Sofia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the Grameen loan program is structured and discuss how that structures goes against all traditional loan programs.
Essay Topic 2
What classification does Yunus give to the levels of poverty, and how does he recommend the cycle of poverty be broken?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the highs and lows experienced by Grameen in the 1990s.
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)