|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What equipment does Yunus notice going unused in the fields of Jobra?
2. What do the farmers in Jobra agree to do for Yunus's initial university study?
3. In the world of development, Yunus believes that programs combine the poor and non-poor to the benefit of whom?
4. How many houses have Grameen loans helped build?
5. What major war is going on while Yunus is getting his Ph.D. in America?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Yunus's first wife and how did he meet her?
2. Who designs the logo for the Grameen Bank, what does it look like, and what does it symbolize?
3. What is Yunus's experience like at the American universities he attends?
4. What happens in 1977 when Yunus visits a bank in Dhaka?
5. What did Yunus discover as he visited the poor villagers of Jobra?
6. What happens during the Partition in 1947?
7. What happens to Yunus's mother, Sofia?
8. What is the outcome of the Chittagong University Rural Development Project?
9. How does the Grameen Bank Project attract young people to its employ?
10. What is a dadan arrangement?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the highs and lows experienced by Grameen in the 1990s.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Yunus's concept of the socially conscious entrepreneur and what he believes should be the third sector of the economy.
Essay Topic 3
Yunus believes that keeping the dignity of the borrower is imperative to the success of any loan program. Discuss how Grameen has stayed true to its original intent of helping the poor without damaging their dignity. Cite specific examples.
This section contains 1,326 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)