|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Pakistan partition from India?
2. In what year does a new Finance Minister restructure the ownership agreement Grameen Bank had with the Bangladesh government?
3. What percentage of loans does Yunus want to go to women in his initial bank experiment?
4. What does Yunus make for demonstration in Washington D.C.?
5. When members of the support groups are finally approved to have a loan, how much is the initial loan asked for in the 1980s?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Grameen Bank Project in the District of Tangail?
2. What is the purpose of the Chittagong University Rural Development Project?
3. What happens in the personal life of Yunus in 1980?
4. What did Yunus discover as he visited the poor villagers of Jobra?
5. What does Yunus do on behalf of Bengalis and Bangladesh after the country declares independence from Pakistan?
6. Who is Yunus's first wife and how did he meet her?
7. What surprise does Yunus find in the final agreement from the government to help the Grameen Bank in 1983?
8. What does Yunus do for money in his youth?
9. What happens immediately to the government backed Grameen Bank?
10. What happens in 1977 when Yunus visits a bank in Dhaka?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay based on this statement: "The more money we lent to poor women, the more I realized that credit given to a woman brings about change faster than when given to a man," (Chapter 5, pp. 71-72).
Essay Topic 2
What classification does Yunus give to the levels of poverty, and how does he recommend the cycle of poverty be broken?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how the Grameen loan program is structured and discuss how that structures goes against all traditional loan programs.
This section contains 1,162 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)