|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yunus decides to structure the loan repayment on a _________ basis for his loan program.
2. What is the name of Yunus's father?
3. Yunus tells the managing director of the Bangladesh Agriculture Bank that he has no interest in becoming what?
4. One managing director of the Central Bank of Bangladesh things village life is being ruined by bank employees' use of what?
5. In 1982, Yunus is determined that Grameen should be what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the Chittagong University Rural Development Project?
2. Describe Yunus's childhood home on Boxirhat Road.
3. How does the Grameen Bank Project attract young people to its employ?
4. Who is A.M.A. Muhith and how does he help Yunus?
5. What are the loan repayment terms that Yunus sets as he develops the Grameen Bank?
6. What is the Grameen Bank Project in the District of Tangail?
7. What does Yunus find rewarding about his work as he begins to develop the Grameen Bank?
8. What does Yunus discover about lending money to women?
9. Who designs the logo for the Grameen Bank, what does it look like, and what does it symbolize?
10. How does Yunus become involved with combating the famine that strikes Bangladesh in 1974?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Yunus believes that keeping the dignity of the borrower is imperative to the success of any loan program. Discuss how Grameen has stayed true to its original intent of helping the poor without damaging their dignity. Cite specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
Describe three specific ways Muhammad Yunus is influenced by his mother.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the highs and lows experienced by Grameen in the 1990s.
This section contains 1,273 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)