Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Pakistan partition from India?
2. What does Yunus's father not like about being in business?
3. How much in total does Yunus discover the poverty stricken people of Jobra need to make their own products?
4. Who does the managing director of the Bangladesh Agriculature Bank tell Yunus are failing the country?
5. How many members does a support group need before any loans are made?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the outcome of the Chittagong University Rural Development Project?
2. What is a dadan arrangement?
3. What happens in 1977 when Yunus visits a bank in Dhaka?
4. What does Yunus believe is the best way to help control population size?
5. What role does Yunus believe the government should have in combating poverty?
6. How does the Grameen Bank Project attract young people to its employ?
7. What is Yunus's experience like at the American universities he attends?
8. What are Grameen Phone and Grameen Telecom?
9. What problems does Grameen encounter in the early 1990s?
10. What is Yunus's view of how to end poverty in the world?
Essay Topic 1
What is Partition and what effect does it have on Muhammad Yunus? How does this lay the framework for his future devotion to his country?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Yunus's concept of the socially conscious entrepreneur and what he believes should be the third sector of the economy.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following statement in relation to Yunus's specific plans to rid the world of poverty by 2050: "We have created a slavery-free world, a smallpox-free world, an apartheid-free world. Creating a poverty-free world would be greater than all these accomplishments while at the same time reinforcing them. This would be a world that we could all be proud to live in." (Chapter 14, p. 262).
This section contains 1,339 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)