|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Yunus's favorite American television show to watch during his first summer in the U.S.?
2. Yunus tells the managing director of the Bangladesh Agriculture Bank that he has no interest in becoming what?
3. What is the name of the capital city of Bangladesh?
4. Which of the following is NOT an interest of the young Yunus?
5. Tangail District is in the throes of a warlike situation with an underground ____________ movement.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Yunus's childhood home on Boxirhat Road.
2. What does Yunus conclude is a fundamental problem of poverty?
3. Who helps Yunus get his loan program started?
4. What does Yunus discover about lending money to women?
5. What happens in 1977 when Yunus visits a bank in Dhaka?
6. How does the Grameen Bank Project attract young people to its employ?
7. Who designs the logo for the Grameen Bank, what does it look like, and what does it symbolize?
8. What happens immediately to the government backed Grameen Bank?
9. What did Yunus discover as he visited the poor villagers of Jobra?
10. How does Yunus describe his Bengali school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Partition and what effect does it have on Muhammad Yunus? How does this lay the framework for his future devotion to his country?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how The Nimgachi Fisheries Project is allegorically representative of the journey taken by the Grameen Bank.
Essay Topic 3
What classification does Yunus give to the levels of poverty, and how does he recommend the cycle of poverty be broken?
This section contains 1,233 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)