|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Yunus begins his university study, he finds that economists rarely reflect on the origin and development of ___________.
2. What scholarship for a Ph.D is Yunus offered in 1965?
3. The process of explaining how Yunus's operation works to other villagers is particularly difficult for whom?
4. Which of the following is NOT a reason for the success of the loan support groups within Yunus's program?
5. What year does Yunus begin to teach at Middle Tennessee State University?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening in Yunus's homeland in 1971 while he is in America?
2. How does Yunus pay for the printing business he starts in the early 1960s?
3. What happens during the Partition in 1947?
4. How does Yunus become involved with combating the famine that strikes Bangladesh in 1974?
5. What happens in 1977 when Yunus visits a bank in Dhaka?
6. What is the set up in the village of Jobra to determine loan eligibility and repayment terms?
7. What did Yunus discover as he visited the poor villagers of Jobra?
8. What is the outcome of the Chittagong University Rural Development Project?
9. Who designs the logo for the Grameen Bank, what does it look like, and what does it symbolize?
10. What does Yunus find rewarding about his work as he begins to develop the Grameen Bank?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Yunus's concept of the socially conscious entrepreneur and what he believes should be the third sector of the economy.
Essay Topic 2
How does Muhammad Yunus's career as a teacher play a role in his becoming a banker to the poor? Discuss specific examples.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Grameen replication process and success of the programs introduced into Malaysia and the Philippines.
This section contains 1,176 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)