|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the family of Yunus's first wife from originally?
2. As Yunus begins his university study, he finds that economists rarely reflect on the origin and development of ___________.
3. What does Yunus's father not like about being in business?
4. Where is the official from that Yunus stays with in Washington D.C. when he is representing the Bangladesh Citizens' Committee?
5. How many children are born into Yunus's family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the set up in the village of Jobra to determine loan eligibility and repayment terms?
2. What is a dadan arrangement?
3. What does Yunus conclude is a fundamental problem of poverty?
4. How does the Grameen Bank Project attract young people to its employ?
5. What does the bank manager tell Yunus about developing a loan program for the poor?
6. What happens immediately to the government backed Grameen Bank?
7. What is Yunus's experience like at the American universities he attends?
8. What does Yunus do for money in his youth?
9. Who is Yunus's first wife and how did he meet her?
10. How does Yunus describe his Bengali school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Partition and what effect does it have on Muhammad Yunus? How does this lay the framework for his future devotion to his country?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay based on this statement: "The more money we lent to poor women, the more I realized that credit given to a woman brings about change faster than when given to a man," (Chapter 5, pp. 71-72).
Essay Topic 3
Citing three specific examples, discuss the far reaching benefits experienced in the lives of Grameen borrowers.
This section contains 1,271 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)