|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does a new Finance Minister restructure the ownership agreement Grameen Bank had with the Bangladesh government?
2. What do the farmers in Jobra agree to do for Yunus's initial university study?
3. What kind of business does Yunus begin in the early 1960s?
4. How many members does a support group need before any loans are made?
5. How old is Yunus when his mother's behavior begins to change?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the personal life of Yunus in 1980?
2. What surprise does Yunus find in the final agreement from the government to help the Grameen Bank in 1983?
3. What is happening in Yunus's homeland in 1971 while he is in America?
4. Who designs the logo for the Grameen Bank, what does it look like, and what does it symbolize?
5. What is the purpose of the Chittagong University Rural Development Project?
6. What is a dadan arrangement?
7. What happens during the Partition in 1947?
8. What is the set up in the village of Jobra to determine loan eligibility and repayment terms?
9. What is the outcome of the Chittagong University Rural Development Project?
10. What did Yunus discover as he visited the poor villagers of Jobra?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Partition and what effect does it have on Muhammad Yunus? How does this lay the framework for his future devotion to his country?
Essay Topic 2
Yunus believes that keeping the dignity of the borrower is imperative to the success of any loan program. Discuss how Grameen has stayed true to its original intent of helping the poor without damaging their dignity. Cite specific examples.
Essay Topic 3
What, specifically, leads Yunus to become a banker to the poor?
This section contains 1,101 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)