|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Yunus when his mother's behavior begins to change?
2. What year does the Grameen Bank receive the Aga Khan International Award for Architecture?
3. How many branches does the Grameen Bank open each year throughout the 1980s?
4. As Yunus begins the loan program in Jobra village, who does he initially designate to collect the loan payments?
5. What is Yunus's favorite American television show to watch during his first summer in the U.S.?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Yunus conclude is a fundamental problem of poverty?
2. What is a dadan arrangement?
3. Describe Yunus's childhood home on Boxirhat Road.
4. What did Yunus discover as he visited the poor villagers of Jobra?
5. Why does Yunus decide to return to Bangladesh?
6. What is the Grameen Bank Project in the District of Tangail?
7. What happens to Yunus's mother, Sofia?
8. What is happening in Yunus's homeland in 1971 while he is in America?
9. How does Yunus pay for the printing business he starts in the early 1960s?
10. What happens in the personal life of Yunus in 1980?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how The Nimgachi Fisheries Project is allegorically representative of the journey taken by the Grameen Bank.
Essay Topic 2
What is Partition and what effect does it have on Muhammad Yunus? How does this lay the framework for his future devotion to his country?
Essay Topic 3
What, specifically, leads Yunus to become a banker to the poor?
This section contains 1,085 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)