|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Yunus go first to study in the United States?
2. When does Yunus receive news of the government proclamation that the Grameen bank was born?
3. Yunus develops an ownership proposal where the Bangladesh government will own what percentage of Grameen?
4. What do the farmers in Jobra agree to do for Yunus's initial university study?
5. What is the population of Chittagong?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Yunus find rewarding about his work as he begins to develop the Grameen Bank?
2. What is a dadan arrangement?
3. What happens to Yunus's mother, Sofia?
4. Why does Yunus decide to return to Bangladesh?
5. What is the Grameen Bank Project in the District of Tangail?
6. What happens immediately to the government backed Grameen Bank?
7. How does Yunus describe his Bengali school?
8. What happens during the Partition in 1947?
9. Who designs the logo for the Grameen Bank, what does it look like, and what does it symbolize?
10. What surprise does Yunus find in the final agreement from the government to help the Grameen Bank in 1983?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss, using specific examples, what Yunus discovers as he begins to study the poor people in the village of Jobra.
Essay Topic 2
What classification does Yunus give to the levels of poverty, and how does he recommend the cycle of poverty be broken?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay based on this statement: "The more money we lent to poor women, the more I realized that credit given to a woman brings about change faster than when given to a man," (Chapter 5, pp. 71-72).
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)