|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Yunus say are not the poorest people in Bangladesh?
2. Yunus's mother tells him the story of _____________.
3. Where is the famous economics professor, Nicholas Georgescu-Roegen from?
4. As Yunus visits the embassies of other countries throughout Washington D.C., they all ask if Bangladesh has a _____________.
5. In what year does Yunus remarry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during the Partition in 1947?
2. What happens in 1977 when Yunus visits a bank in Dhaka?
3. What surprise does Yunus find in the final agreement from the government to help the Grameen Bank in 1983?
4. Describe Yunus's childhood home on Boxirhat Road.
5. What does the bank manager tell Yunus about developing a loan program for the poor?
6. What is the set up in the village of Jobra to determine loan eligibility and repayment terms?
7. What is Yunus's experience like at the American universities he attends?
8. What is the Grameen Bank Project in the District of Tangail?
9. What is the outcome of the Chittagong University Rural Development Project?
10. What happens immediately to the government backed Grameen Bank?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Yunus weaving a "beautiful allegory" for the whole Grameen enterprise? Discuss fully, including discussion of the Grameen logo and what it represents.
Essay Topic 2
What, specifically, leads Yunus to become a banker to the poor?
Essay Topic 3
Describe three specific ways Muhammad Yunus is influenced by his mother.
This section contains 1,233 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)