|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the famous economics professor, Nicholas Georgescu-Roegen from?
2. What is the holy festival that Yunus attends in the fall of 1977?
3. What is the name of the Boy Scout leader who had a strong influence on Yunus?
4. What percentage of loans does Yunus want to go to women in his initial bank experiment?
5. How much profit does Sufiaya Begum make on selling her bamboo stools?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Yunus find rewarding about his work as he begins to develop the Grameen Bank?
2. What are the loan repayment terms that Yunus sets as he develops the Grameen Bank?
3. What does Yunus discover about lending money to women?
4. What is the set up in the village of Jobra to determine loan eligibility and repayment terms?
5. What is the purpose of the Chittagong University Rural Development Project?
6. What is Yunus's experience like at the American universities he attends?
7. What surprise does Yunus find in the final agreement from the government to help the Grameen Bank in 1983?
8. Who designs the logo for the Grameen Bank, what does it look like, and what does it symbolize?
9. Why does Yunus decide to return to Bangladesh?
10. What is a dadan arrangement?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the Grameen loan program is structured and discuss how that structures goes against all traditional loan programs.
Essay Topic 2
Citing three specific examples, discuss the far reaching benefits experienced in the lives of Grameen borrowers.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Grameen Bank's early success and its process of expanding into the Tangail District.
This section contains 1,164 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)