|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a reason for the success of the loan support groups within Yunus's program?
2. What is the population of Chittagong?
3. What is the name of the capital city of Bangladesh?
4. What year did Yunus's mother die?
5. When Yunus begins to teach at Chittagong University, what does he notice as he drives from his father's house every day?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Yunus, what role does free trade play in poverty relief?
2. What is the Grameen Trust?
3. How does Yunus become involved with combating the famine that strikes Bangladesh in 1974?
4. What does the bank manager tell Yunus about developing a loan program for the poor?
5. What is Yunus's view of the need for Internet access in poor communities?
6. What is the outcome of the Chittagong University Rural Development Project?
7. What happens in the personal life of Yunus in 1980?
8. What is the Grameen Bank Project in the District of Tangail?
9. How does the Grameen Bank begin replication programs?
10. What problems does Grameen encounter in the early 1990s?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how a Grameen pilot project is developed in Pine Bluffs, Arkansas. What is the success of the program and how does it create an interest from Governor Clinton in micro-credit programs?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the Grameen Bank's early success and its process of expanding into the Tangail District.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the highs and lows experienced by Grameen in the 1990s.
This section contains 1,562 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)