|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of ownership does Grameen Bank have when their arrangement with the Bangladesh government is restructured?
2. As Yunus visits the embassies of other countries throughout Washington D.C., they all ask if Bangladesh has a _____________.
3. What is the name of the brother that attended the Lamar Bazar Free Primary School with Yunus?
4. What does the name of the farmers' cooperative experiment in Jobra, "Nabajug," mean?
5. Yunus believes that repaying a large lump sum at the end of a loan is _______________ for borrowers.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Yunus discover as he visited the poor villagers of Jobra?
2. What is Yunus's experience like at the American universities he attends?
3. Who helps Yunus get his loan program started?
4. How does Yunus describe his Bengali school?
5. Describe Yunus's childhood home on Boxirhat Road.
6. What happens during the Partition in 1947?
7. How does Yunus pay for the printing business he starts in the early 1960s?
8. What is the outcome of the Chittagong University Rural Development Project?
9. What are the loan repayment terms that Yunus sets as he develops the Grameen Bank?
10. What does Yunus do for money in his youth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the Grameen Foundation USA is established, despite the problems Yunus perceives to exist in the welfare programs in the United States.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Grameen replication process and success of the programs introduced into Malaysia and the Philippines.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how The Nimgachi Fisheries Project is allegorically representative of the journey taken by the Grameen Bank.
This section contains 1,145 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)