|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the famous economics professor, Nicholas Georgescu-Roegen from?
2. What is on the Grameen logo designed by Yunus?
3. How old is Yunus when his mother's behavior begins to change?
4. What scholarship for a Ph.D is Yunus offered in 1965?
5. As Yunus begins to define poverty, what does he discover is left out of most definitions of the poor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Yunus's experience like at the American universities he attends?
2. How does Yunus become involved with combating the famine that strikes Bangladesh in 1974?
3. How does Yunus pay for the printing business he starts in the early 1960s?
4. Describe Yunus's childhood home on Boxirhat Road.
5. What is the Grameen Bank Project in the District of Tangail?
6. Who is A.M.A. Muhith and how does he help Yunus?
7. How does Yunus describe his Bengali school?
8. What happens to Yunus's mother, Sofia?
9. What does Yunus discover about lending money to women?
10. Why does Yunus decide to return to Bangladesh?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Yunus's criticism of the World Bank and compare their divergent efforts to help the poor people of the world.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the Grameen Foundation USA is established, despite the problems Yunus perceives to exist in the welfare programs in the United States.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Grameen Bank's early success and its process of expanding into the Tangail District.
This section contains 1,216 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)