|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many villages does Grameen operate in by the year 2000?
2. What year was Grameen Bank II launched?
3. As GrameenPhone is launched, Bangladesh has one phone per _______ inhabitants.
4. What organization in Chicago starts the Full Circle Fund?
5. The Grameen replication program called the Landless People's Fund of the Center for Agriculture and Rural Development is established in which country?
Short Answer Questions
1. Grameen develops ____ indicators to determine if members are poverty free.
2. What does the first volunteer who raises her hand in Pine Bluff, Arkansas tell Yunus she wants a loan for?
3. Grameen goes against traditional methods of poverty alleviation by not providing what?
4. Grameen is considered by many in Bangladesh to be the enemy of ______________.
5. By the end of the book, what percentage of Grameen Bank does Bangladeshi government own?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does the Grameen fishery project encounter in the first years?
2. Who are mirco-credit programs designed to reach?
3. How does Yunus rate the success of the Grameen programs as he looks back on the first two decades?
4. What is Yunus's view of the need for Internet access in poor communities?
5. Why does the Grameen Bank insist loans must be repaid even in the event of a disaster?
6. What is the problem between Grameen and the World Bank?
7. What problems does Yunus encounter with the U.S. welfare system?
8. How does Grameen give its staff leeway to be creative with loans?
9. How does the Grameen Bank begin replication programs?
10. According to Yunus, what role does free trade play in poverty relief?
This section contains 1,088 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)