|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An independent investigator finds what percentage of CARD members use their loans for income-generating activities?
(a) 97 percent.
(b) 4 percent.
(c) 27 percent.
(d) 70 percent.
2. What is the source of power for the cellular phones in the villages of Bangladesh?
(b) Wind turbines.
(d) Solar energy.
3. What American group gives the first funding for the Grameen Trust?
(a) MacArthur Foundation.
(b) Rockefeller Foundation.
(d) Ford Foundation.
4. What is the name of the association responsible for forming Grameen replication programs started by Professor Gibbons?
5. According to Yunus, Bangladesh is a land of what?
(b) Fertile land.
(d) Natural disasters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grameen Bank provides housing loans at what interest rate?
2. Yunus estimates that Internet use worldwide is __________ every year.
3. What percentage of the world's population live in extreme poverty?
4. Jan Piercy is Hillary Rodham Clinton's ____________.
5. By the end of the book, what percentage of Grameen Bank does Bangladeshi government own?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does Grameen encounter in the early 1990s?
2. What kind of loans does Grameen give now that it is an established world entity?
3. What is Yunus's view of how to end poverty in the world?
4. What is the International Dialogue Program?
5. What is the Grameen Trust?
6. What is the Grameen Foundation USA?
7. How do the Clintons become involved with the Grameen Bank?
8. What is Grameen Securities Management Company?
9. What is the definition of a "social entrepreneur"?
10. Why does the Grameen Bank insist loans must be repaid even in the event of a disaster?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)