|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year does Professor Gibbons launch the Grameen replicator program called Project Ikhtiar?
2. How many women are required for a Full Circle Fund group to begin borrowing?
3. Yunus believes one of the best ways to alleviate poverty is to encourage __________________.
(a) UN aid organizations.
(b) Social entrepreneurs.
(c) World Bank programs.
(d) Women's rights.
4. According to Yunus, Bangladesh is a land of what?
(c) Natural disasters.
(d) Fertile land.
5. What year was Grameen Bank II launched?
Short Answer Questions
1. UN studies conducted in more than forty developing countries found that the birth rate falls as _______________.
2. An independent investigator finds what percentage of CARD members use their loans for income-generating activities?
3. Under the traditional orthodoxy of economics, all investment money is locked into what category?
4. Yunus has a new definition of an entrepreneur who is what?
5. An independent investigator finds the average rate of return for CARD borrowers is what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the definition of a "social entrepreneur"?
2. What is Yunus's view of the need for Internet access in poor communities?
3. How does Yunus rate the success of the Grameen programs as he looks back on the first two decades?
4. How does the Grameen Bank begin replication programs?
5. What kind of loans does Grameen give now that it is an established world entity?
6. What is the International Dialogue Program?
7. Who are mirco-credit programs designed to reach?
8. What role does Yunus believe the government should have in combating poverty?
9. Why doesn't Grameen offer skill training?
10. What is the Grameen Trust?
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)