|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What equipment does Yunus notice going unused in the fields of Jobra?
2. What year does Yunus begin to teach at Middle Tennessee State University?
3. What is the name of the Boy Scout leader who had a strong influence on Yunus?
(a) Bashid Shindhu.
(b) Ibrahim Sahib.
(c) Dula Mia.
(d) Quazi Sirajul Huq.
4. How many days of training do all support group members have to complete to be accepted into Yunus's program?
5. How much in total does Yunus discover the poverty stricken people of Jobra need to make their own products?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does the Grameen Bank apply for permission from the Central Bank to offer housing loans?
2. What is the population of Chittagong?
3. How much are all support group members required to deposit into a group fund?
4. Tangail District is in the throes of a warlike situation with an underground ____________ movement.
5. What are mahajons in Bangladesh?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Yunus's mother, Sofia?
2. What happens in the personal life of Yunus in 1980?
3. How does Yunus describe his Bengali school?
4. What is the outcome of the Chittagong University Rural Development Project?
5. What did Yunus discover as he visited the poor villagers of Jobra?
6. Who designs the logo for the Grameen Bank, what does it look like, and what does it symbolize?
7. What happens immediately to the government backed Grameen Bank?
8. What does Yunus conclude is a fundamental problem of poverty?
9. How does the Grameen Bank Project attract young people to its employ?
10. Who helps Yunus get his loan program started?
This section contains 1,177 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)