|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percentage of ownership does Grameen Bank have when their arrangement with the Bangladesh government is restructured?
2. What is the population of Chittagong?
(a) 8 million.
(b) 3 million.
(c) 1 million.
3. What year did Yunus's mother die?
4. Yunus and his second wife make a home in ____________, where they continue to live today.
5. What is the name of Yunus's first wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Yunus remarry?
2. What is Yunus's favorite American television show to watch during his first summer in the U.S.?
3. Yunus does not use lawyers or legal documents in his loan program because ___________ is an important component to the success of his bank.
4. What year does the Grameen Bank receive the Aga Khan International Award for Architecture?
5. Yunus is going to be in America for three months in 1977 to attend ___________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Yunus's childhood home on Boxirhat Road.
2. What does Yunus do on behalf of Bengalis and Bangladesh after the country declares independence from Pakistan?
3. What happens in the personal life of Yunus in 1980?
4. How does Yunus pay for the printing business he starts in the early 1960s?
5. Who is Yunus's first wife and how did he meet her?
6. What is happening in Yunus's homeland in 1971 while he is in America?
7. Why does Yunus decide to return to Bangladesh?
8. What is the set up in the village of Jobra to determine loan eligibility and repayment terms?
9. What does the bank manager tell Yunus about developing a loan program for the poor?
10. Who designs the logo for the Grameen Bank, what does it look like, and what does it symbolize?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)