|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the population of Bangladesh?
(a) 100 million.
(b) 2 billion.
(c) 120 million.
(d) 20 million.
2. How many members does a support group need before any loans are made?
3. Yunus's experiment with the village of Jobra convinces him to focus on what?
(a) Small land owners.
(c) Landless poor.
(d) Farm workers.
4. What year does Yunus return to Bangladesh after teaching in Tennessee?
5. Which of the following is NOT a reason for the success of the loan support groups within Yunus's program?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yunus's father not like about being in business?
2. In the world of development, Yunus believes that programs combine the poor and non-poor to the benefit of whom?
3. As Yunus begins the loan program in Jobra village, who does he initially designate to collect the loan payments?
4. How many days of training do all support group members have to complete to be accepted into Yunus's program?
5. What percentage of loans does Yunus want to go to women in his initial bank experiment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Yunus's first wife and how did he meet her?
2. How does Yunus pay for the printing business he starts in the early 1960s?
3. Why does Yunus decide to return to Bangladesh?
4. What does Yunus do for money in his youth?
5. Who is A.M.A. Muhith and how does he help Yunus?
6. What is the Grameen Bank Project in the District of Tangail?
7. What are the loan repayment terms that Yunus sets as he develops the Grameen Bank?
8. What does Yunus do on behalf of Bengalis and Bangladesh after the country declares independence from Pakistan?
9. What happens in 1977 when Yunus visits a bank in Dhaka?
10. What happens during the Partition in 1947?
This section contains 1,168 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)