|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the famous economics professor, Nicholas Georgescu-Roegen from?
2. How many houses have Grameen loans helped build?
3. How many days of training do all support group members have to complete to be accepted into Yunus's program?
4. What is the population of Chittagong?
(a) 8 million.
(b) 3 million.
(c) 1 million.
5. Yunus launches a project with his Chittagong University students to study what?
(a) Farm yields.
(b) Jobra's people.
(c) Money lending.
(d) Jobra's economy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon his return to Bangladesh, Yunus takes a position with the government's _________________.
2. How much are all support group members required to deposit into a group fund?
3. Where is the family of Yunus's first wife from originally?
4. What percentage of loans does Yunus want to go to women in his initial bank experiment?
5. What is the name of the leader of the Pakistan partition movement?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Yunus describe his Bengali school?
2. What did Yunus discover as he visited the poor villagers of Jobra?
3. What does Yunus do on behalf of Bengalis and Bangladesh after the country declares independence from Pakistan?
4. What does the bank manager tell Yunus about developing a loan program for the poor?
5. What is the outcome of the Chittagong University Rural Development Project?
6. What happens immediately to the government backed Grameen Bank?
7. How does the Grameen Bank Project attract young people to its employ?
8. What surprise does Yunus find in the final agreement from the government to help the Grameen Bank in 1983?
9. What is a dadan arrangement?
10. What are the loan repayment terms that Yunus sets as he develops the Grameen Bank?
This section contains 1,236 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)