|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Yunus believes one of the best ways to alleviate poverty is to encourage __________________.
(a) UN aid organizations.
(b) Women's rights.
(c) Social entrepreneurs.
(d) World Bank programs.
2. What is the name of the association responsible for forming Grameen replication programs started by Professor Gibbons?
3. When does Yunus tell Governor Clinton that he can start a Grameen program in Arkansas?
(a) Six months.
(b) One year.
(c) The next day.
(d) The next month.
4. In answering a reporter's question, Yunus says he would move the headquarters of the World Bank to where?
(d) Washington D. C.
5. In what year does Grameen receive a cellular phone license?
6. UN studies conducted in more than forty developing countries found that the birth rate falls as _______________.
(a) Women are kept submissive.
(b) Governments limit family size.
(c) Men gain wealth.
(d) Women gain equality.
7. Which European government gives the CARD program a poor rating?
8. Yunus estimates that Internet use worldwide is __________ every year.
(b) Growing insignificantly.
9. How much grant money does Grameen receive through the World Bank CGAP program?
(a) $3 billion.
(b) $2 million.
(c) $98 million.
(d) $30 million.
10. How many women are required for a Full Circle Fund group to begin borrowing?
11. The program in Pine Bluff, Arkansas is changed from the Grameen Fund to the ___________.
(a) Good Works Fund.
(b) Good Faith Fund.
(c) Free Help Fund.
(d) Free Money Fund.
12. By what year would Yunus like to see a world free of poverty?
13. The goal of the first Microcredit Summit is to reach 100 million of the poorest families in the world in _____ years.
14. What is the source of power for the cellular phones in the villages of Bangladesh?
(c) Wind turbines.
(d) Solar energy.
15. Grameen believes that _________ is one of the primary components of moving individuals out of poverty.
(a) Skill training.
(d) Government assistance.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Yunus meet Governor Bill Clinton?
2. Grameen develops ____ indicators to determine if members are poverty free.
3. Who does the Prime Minister of Bangladesh call during the launching ceremony of GrameenPhone?
4. What year was Grameen Bank II launched?
5. What does Grameen Uddog stand for?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)