|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many total branches does the Grameen Bank have by the end of the book?
(b) 1 million.
2. What percentage of the world's population live in extreme poverty?
3. There is a long tradition of what craft that was once in high demand in Bangladesh?
(b) Knife making.
4. Who is the president of the Grameen Foundation USA?
(a) Bill Clinton.
(b) Connie Evans.
(c) Muhammad Yunus.
(d) Alex Counts.
5. The first Microcredit Summit was held in what year?
6. How many ponds does the fisheries project consist of by 1988?
7. The Grameen replication program called the Landless People's Fund of the Center for Agriculture and Rural Development is established in which country?
8. Bangladesh is approximately the size of ______________.
9. Who does the Lakota Fund in South Dakota help?
(a) Sioux Nation.
(b) Iroquois Indians.
(c) Bengali Nation.
(d) Cherokee Territory.
10. Jan Piercy is Hillary Rodham Clinton's ____________.
(a) Press secretary.
(b) Law partner.
(c) College roommate.
(d) Childhood friend.
11. Grameen goes against traditional methods of poverty alleviation by not providing what?
(a) Ample loans.
(b) Bank contacts.
(c) Skills training.
(d) Group support.
12. What is one of the hardest years ever for Grameen on many fronts?
13. Grameen develops ____ indicators to determine if members are poverty free.
14. What is the name of the association responsible for forming Grameen replication programs started by Professor Gibbons?
15. Grameen believes that _________ is one of the primary components of moving individuals out of poverty.
(a) Government assistance.
(c) Skill training.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the end of the book, what percentage of Grameen Bank does Bangladeshi government own?
2. In Bangladesh in 1991, Grameen members come out in great numbers to do what?
3. By March 2003, how many "telephone ladies" does GrameenPhone have selling phone services in villages?
4. Grameen Bank provides housing loans at what interest rate?
5. Who does the Prime Minister of Bangladesh call during the launching ceremony of GrameenPhone?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)