|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many women are required for a Full Circle Fund group to begin borrowing?
2. Which European government gives the CARD program a poor rating?
3. Who does the Lakota Fund in South Dakota help?
(a) Iroquois Indians.
(b) Sioux Nation.
(c) Bengali Nation.
(d) Cherokee Territory.
4. What is Grameen Check?
(a) Line of credit for craftsmen.
(b) Money wiring service.
(c) Line of hand-woven fabric.
(d) Check writing service.
5. When does Yunus tell Governor Clinton that he can start a Grameen program in Arkansas?
(a) The next month.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) The next day.
6. How many villages does Grameen operate in by the year 2000?
7. As GrameenPhone is launched, Bangladesh has one phone per _______ inhabitants.
8. What year does Professor Gibbons launch the Grameen replicator program called Project Ikhtiar?
9. What does the first volunteer who raises her hand in Pine Bluff, Arkansas tell Yunus she wants a loan for?
(a) Nail scultping box.
(b) Childcare license.
(c) Sewing machine.
(d) Push cart.
10. As Yunus looks back on the success of Grameen Bank, how many of its borrowers are women?
(a) 67 percent.
(b) 88 percent.
(c) 75 percent.
(d) 95 percent.
11. When does Yunus meet Governor Bill Clinton?
(a) March 1989.
(b) March 1985.
(c) February 1987.
(d) February 1986.
12. Bangladesh is approximately the size of ______________.
13. What is the name of the association responsible for forming Grameen replication programs started by Professor Gibbons?
14. What is the source of power for the cellular phones in the villages of Bangladesh?
(a) Wind turbines.
(b) Solar energy.
15. The first Microcredit Summit was held in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. By the end of the book, what percentage of Grameen Bank does Bangladeshi government own?
2. What is the name of Grameen's quarterly newsletter?
3. Which of the following is NOT a problem encountered by the Grameen fisheries project?
4. Who funds the fisheries project before Grameen?
5. Yunus has a new definition of an entrepreneur who is what?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)