Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does Grameen receive helpful media coverage in March 1990?
(a) Interview with Barbara Walters on ABC.
(b) Interview with BBC London.
(c) 60 Minutes on CBS.
(d) New York Times front page article.
2. Which European government gives the CARD program a poor rating?
3. Yunus has a new definition of an entrepreneur who is what?
(a) Resource allocator.
(b) Socially conscious.
(c) Driven by greed.
(d) Political reformer.
4. Grameen believes that _________ is one of the primary components of moving individuals out of poverty.
(a) Skill training.
(c) Government assistance.
5. Who does the Prime Minister of Bangladesh call during the launching ceremony of GrameenPhone?
(a) Prime minister of Norway.
(b) President of the United States.
(c) Govenor of Arkansas.
(d) Prime minister of Great Britian.
6. Critics often argue that ____________ does not contribute to the economic development of a country.
(b) Free enterprise.
(d) Political freedom.
7. Grameen develops ____ indicators to determine if members are poverty free.
8. How many women are required for a Full Circle Fund group to begin borrowing?
9. What is the name of the association responsible for forming Grameen replication programs started by Professor Gibbons?
10. An independent investigator finds the average rate of return for CARD borrowers is what?
(a) 78 percent.
(b) 117 percent.
(c) 18 percent.
(d) 97 percent.
11. According to Yunus, poverty is not created by ____________.
(a) The poor.
(b) Structures of society.
12. In what year does Grameen receive a cellular phone license?
13. The Grameen replication program called the Landless People's Fund of the Center for Agriculture and Rural Development is established in which country?
14. UN studies conducted in more than forty developing countries found that the birth rate falls as _______________.
(a) Women gain equality.
(b) Men gain wealth.
(c) Governments limit family size.
(d) Women are kept submissive.
15. Bangladesh is approximately the size of ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. In over two decades of existence, how many years does Grameen Bank not turn a profit?
2. Grameen Bank provides housing loans at what interest rate?
3. How many ponds does the fisheries project consist of by 1988?
4. Most foreign aid given to developing countries goes toward what?
5. Who funds the fisheries project before Grameen?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)