|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Yunus, poverty is not created by ____________.
(b) Structures of society.
(c) The poor.
2. Yunus believes one of the biggest flaws of international aid agencies is being too what?
3. What is one of the hardest years ever for Grameen on many fronts?
4. Which European government gives the CARD program a poor rating?
5. In answering a reporter's question, Yunus says he would move the headquarters of the World Bank to where?
(c) Washington D. C.
6. Grameen develops ____ indicators to determine if members are poverty free.
7. What does the first volunteer who raises her hand in Pine Bluff, Arkansas tell Yunus she wants a loan for?
(a) Push cart.
(b) Nail scultping box.
(c) Childcare license.
(d) Sewing machine.
8. What is the name of Grameen's quarterly newsletter?
(a) The Grameen Reader.
(b) Banker to the Poor.
(c) Grameen Dialogue.
(d) Microcredit News.
9. Overall, Grameen is considered to be where on the political spectrum?
(b) Not on the spectrum.
10. An independent investigator finds the average rate of return for CARD borrowers is what?
(a) 18 percent.
(b) 117 percent.
(c) 78 percent.
(d) 97 percent.
11. Yunus estimates that Internet use worldwide is __________ every year.
(b) Growing insignificantly.
12. The Grameen replication program called the Landless People's Fund of the Center for Agriculture and Rural Development is established in which country?
13. Under the traditional orthodoxy of economics, all investment money is locked into what category?
(a) Resource allocation.
(b) Social reformation.
(c) Government profit.
(d) Personal profit.
14. What international aid agency is Yunus particularly critical of?
(a) Habitat for Humanity.
(b) United Nations.
(c) World Bank.
15. As Yunus looks back on the success of Grameen Bank, how many of its borrowers are women?
(a) 95 percent.
(b) 67 percent.
(c) 88 percent.
(d) 75 percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yunus believes that the welfare laws in the U.S. makes recipients ________________.
2. What is the source of power for the cellular phones in the villages of Bangladesh?
3. How many countries operate Grameen-style micro-credit programs by the end of the book?
4. Yunus believes the world has been persuaded that the capitalist economy must be fueled by __________.
5. Who do Arkansas state officials first introduce Yunus to in the preliminary steps of finding Grameen borrowers?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)