|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The program in Pine Bluff, Arkansas is changed from the Grameen Fund to the ___________.
(a) Free Money Fund.
(b) Free Help Fund.
(c) Good Works Fund.
(d) Good Faith Fund.
2. Like many Bengalis of his generation, Yunus is influenced by what kind of economics?
3. How many total branches does the Grameen Bank have by the end of the book?
(a) 1 million.
4. Grameen believes that _________ is one of the primary components of moving individuals out of poverty.
(a) Government assistance.
(c) Skill training.
5. Grameen Bank provides housing loans at what interest rate?
(a) 5 percent.
(b) 20 percent.
(c) 8 percent.
(d) 10 percent.
6. As GrameenPhone is launched, Bangladesh has one phone per _______ inhabitants.
7. Who does the Prime Minister of Bangladesh call during the launching ceremony of GrameenPhone?
(a) Govenor of Arkansas.
(b) President of the United States.
(c) Prime minister of Norway.
(d) Prime minister of Great Britian.
8. What year does Professor Gibbons launch the Grameen replicator program called Project Ikhtiar?
9. Who funds the fisheries project before Grameen?
(a) Brittish aid agency.
(b) United Nations.
(c) Bangladesh government.
(d) World Bank.
10. Grameen is considered by many in Bangladesh to be the enemy of ______________.
(a) Free trade.
(b) The revolution.
(c) The poor.
(d) Free markets.
11. Where is Professor David Gibbons teaching when he meets Yunus at a conference near Dhaka?
12. Who does the Lakota Fund in South Dakota help?
(a) Iroquois Indians.
(b) Cherokee Territory.
(c) Bengali Nation.
(d) Sioux Nation.
13. What percentage of the aid money given to Bangladesh is estimated to actually be spent in the country?
(a) 25 percent.
(b) 45 percent.
(c) 75 percent.
(d) 85 percent.
14. When does Yunus meet Governor Bill Clinton?
(a) March 1989.
(b) March 1985.
(c) February 1986.
(d) February 1987.
15. According to Yunus, Bangladesh is a land of what?
(a) Natural disasters.
(d) Fertile land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bangladesh is approximately the size of ______________.
2. The first Microcredit Summit was held in what year?
3. In what year does Grameen receive a cellular phone license?
4. Which of the following is NOT a problem encountered by the Grameen fisheries project?
5. There is a long tradition of what craft that was once in high demand in Bangladesh?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)