|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who funds the fisheries project before Grameen?
(a) Bangladesh government.
(b) Brittish aid agency.
(c) World Bank.
(d) United Nations.
2. Like many Bengalis of his generation, Yunus is influenced by what kind of economics?
3. Overall, Grameen is considered to be where on the political spectrum?
(b) Not on the spectrum.
4. Grameen Bank II requires all borrowers to contribute _______ into a pension fund each month.
(a) 15 takas.
(b) 50 takas.
(c) 5 takas.
(d) 500 takas.
5. Grameen believes that _________ is one of the primary components of moving individuals out of poverty.
(a) Government assistance.
(c) Skill training.
6. What is the name of the association responsible for forming Grameen replication programs started by Professor Gibbons?
7. The program in Pine Bluff, Arkansas is changed from the Grameen Fund to the ___________.
(a) Good Faith Fund.
(b) Free Help Fund.
(c) Good Works Fund.
(d) Free Money Fund.
8. As GrameenPhone is launched, Bangladesh has one phone per _______ inhabitants.
9. What do the words mean in title of the program, Ahon Sa Hirop, started by Dr. Generoso Octavio?
(a) A rise from the dirt.
(b) Away from poverty.
(c) A rise from the Ashes.
(d) Rise above poverty.
10. At an annual workshop held by the Grameen Bank in 1982, what proposal is drawn up?
(a) Ten Decisions.
(b) Laws of Grameen.
(c) Survival Rules.
(d) Rules of Prosperity.
11. How many villages does Grameen operate in by the year 2000?
12. Grameen Bank provides housing loans at what interest rate?
(a) 8 percent.
(b) 5 percent.
(c) 10 percent.
(d) 20 percent.
13. What is the purpose of the non-profit Grameen Shakti?
(a) Developing sources of renewable energy.
(b) Developing literacy programs.
(c) Providing health care.
(d) Providing clean water.
14. Yunus calls the ____________ the "Grameen micro-credit highway."
(a) Pension fund.
(b) Housing loan.
(c) Basic loan.
(d) Education loan.
15. Yunus believes the world has been persuaded that the capitalist economy must be fueled by __________.
(c) Social reform.
(d) Free trade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the source of power for the cellular phones in the villages of Bangladesh?
2. Yunus would define development by focusing on the quality of life for what part of the population?
3. By the end of the book, what percentage of Grameen Bank does Bangladeshi government own?
4. Under the traditional orthodoxy of economics, all investment money is locked into what category?
5. The goal of the first Microcredit Summit is to reach 100 million of the poorest families in the world in _____ years.
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)