|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Yunus argues that World Bank policies affect who the most?
(b) Old poor.
(c) New poor.
2. Overall, Grameen is considered to be where on the political spectrum?
(a) Not on the spectrum.
3. Simply by being a shareholder in the Grameen Bank, members receive what?
(b) Pension funds.
(d) Loan insurance.
4. In what year does Grameen receive a cellular phone license?
5. Like many Bengalis of his generation, Yunus is influenced by what kind of economics?
6. What is the name of the fisheries project Grameen takes on?
7. Yunus estimates that Internet use worldwide is __________ every year.
(d) Growing insignificantly.
8. What year was Grameen Bank II launched?
9. How many ponds does the fisheries project consist of by 1988?
10. Yunus calls the ____________ the "Grameen micro-credit highway."
(a) Education loan.
(b) Basic loan.
(c) Housing loan.
(d) Pension fund.
11. What international aid agency is Yunus particularly critical of?
(a) United Nations.
(b) Habitat for Humanity.
(c) World Bank.
12. Yunus stresses in his speech that the Microcredit Summit is not what?
(a) A think tank.
(b) A historical event.
(c) A fundraising event.
(d) A significant agent of change.
13. In answering a reporter's question, Yunus says he would move the headquarters of the World Bank to where?
(a) Washington D. C.
14. According to Yunus, poverty is not created by ____________.
(a) Structures of society.
(c) The poor.
15. The goal of the first Microcredit Summit is to reach 100 million of the poorest families in the world in _____ years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does Professor Gibbons launch the Grameen replicator program called Project Ikhtiar?
2. The first Microcredit Summit was held in what year?
3. By March 2003, how many "telephone ladies" does GrameenPhone have selling phone services in villages?
4. When does Yunus meet Governor Bill Clinton?
5. The Grameen replication program called the Landless People's Fund of the Center for Agriculture and Rural Development is established in which country?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)