|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many villages does Grameen operate in by the year 2000?
2. By the end of the book, what percentage of Grameen Bank does Bangladeshi government own?
3. Yunus believes the world has been persuaded that the capitalist economy must be fueled by __________.
(c) Social reform.
(d) Free trade.
4. Yunus estimates that Internet use worldwide is __________ every year.
(c) Growing insignificantly.
5. At an annual workshop held by the Grameen Bank in 1982, what proposal is drawn up?
(a) Survival Rules.
(b) Ten Decisions.
(c) Rules of Prosperity.
(d) Laws of Grameen.
6. What is the purpose of the non-profit Grameen Shakti?
(a) Developing literacy programs.
(b) Developing sources of renewable energy.
(c) Providing health care.
(d) Providing clean water.
7. How many total branches does the Grameen Bank have by the end of the book?
(a) 1 million.
8. Who is the president of the Grameen Foundation USA?
(a) Bill Clinton.
(b) Muhammad Yunus.
(c) Alex Counts.
(d) Connie Evans.
9. Yunus has a new definition of an entrepreneur who is what?
(a) Resource allocator.
(b) Political reformer.
(c) Driven by greed.
(d) Socially conscious.
10. When does Yunus meet Governor Bill Clinton?
(a) February 1986.
(b) March 1985.
(c) March 1989.
(d) February 1987.
11. Who does the Lakota Fund in South Dakota help?
(a) Iroquois Indians.
(b) Cherokee Territory.
(c) Sioux Nation.
(d) Bengali Nation.
12. Like many Bengalis of his generation, Yunus is influenced by what kind of economics?
13. The first Microcredit Summit was held in what year?
14. Yunus calls the ____________ the "Grameen micro-credit highway."
(a) Education loan.
(b) Pension fund.
(c) Housing loan.
(d) Basic loan.
15. Critics often argue that ____________ does not contribute to the economic development of a country.
(c) Political freedom.
(d) Free enterprise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Simply by being a shareholder in the Grameen Bank, members receive what?
2. What is the name of Grameen's quarterly newsletter?
3. Grameen Bank II requires all borrowers to contribute _______ into a pension fund each month.
4. What is Grameen Check?
5. The goal of the first Microcredit Summit is to reach 100 million of the poorest families in the world in _____ years.
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)