|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much grant money does Grameen receive through the World Bank CGAP program?
(a) $30 million.
(b) $2 million.
(c) $3 billion.
(d) $98 million.
2. What is Grameen Check?
(a) Check writing service.
(b) Money wiring service.
(c) Line of hand-woven fabric.
(d) Line of credit for craftsmen.
3. The goal of the first Microcredit Summit is to reach 100 million of the poorest families in the world in _____ years.
4. Who does the Prime Minister of Bangladesh call during the launching ceremony of GrameenPhone?
(a) Prime minister of Great Britian.
(b) Govenor of Arkansas.
(c) Prime minister of Norway.
(d) President of the United States.
5. Under the traditional orthodoxy of economics, all investment money is locked into what category?
(a) Resource allocation.
(b) Personal profit.
(c) Social reformation.
(d) Government profit.
6. At an annual workshop held by the Grameen Bank in 1982, what proposal is drawn up?
(a) Survival Rules.
(b) Rules of Prosperity.
(c) Laws of Grameen.
(d) Ten Decisions.
7. An independent investigator finds the average rate of return for CARD borrowers is what?
(a) 97 percent.
(b) 117 percent.
(c) 18 percent.
(d) 78 percent.
8. What year was Grameen Bank II launched?
9. What percentage of the world's population live in extreme poverty?
10. Grameen Bank II requires all borrowers to contribute _______ into a pension fund each month.
(a) 500 takas.
(b) 15 takas.
(c) 50 takas.
(d) 5 takas.
11. By what year would Yunus like to see a world free of poverty?
12. Yunus calls the ____________ the "Grameen micro-credit highway."
(a) Pension fund.
(b) Basic loan.
(c) Education loan.
(d) Housing loan.
13. What percentage of the aid money given to Bangladesh is estimated to actually be spent in the country?
(a) 45 percent.
(b) 25 percent.
(c) 75 percent.
(d) 85 percent.
14. According to Yunus, poverty is not created by ____________.
(a) Structures of society.
(c) The poor.
15. The Grameen replication program called the Landless People's Fund of the Center for Agriculture and Rural Development is established in which country?
Short Answer Questions
1. Yunus believes one of the best ways to alleviate poverty is to encourage __________________.
2. What is the name of the association responsible for forming Grameen replication programs started by Professor Gibbons?
3. What year does Professor Gibbons launch the Grameen replicator program called Project Ikhtiar?
4. UN studies conducted in more than forty developing countries found that the birth rate falls as _______________.
5. How many villages does Grameen operate in by the year 2000?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)