|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Grameen replication program called the Landless People's Fund of the Center for Agriculture and Rural Development is established in which country?
2. Who does the Prime Minister of Bangladesh call during the launching ceremony of GrameenPhone?
(a) Prime minister of Norway.
(b) Prime minister of Great Britian.
(c) President of the United States.
(d) Govenor of Arkansas.
3. In many Third World countries, the overwhelming majority of people make their living through what?
(a) Aid from international relief organizations.
(d) Government assistance.
4. Yunus has a new definition of an entrepreneur who is what?
(a) Resource allocator.
(b) Socially conscious.
(c) Driven by greed.
(d) Political reformer.
5. Which of the following is NOT a problem encountered by the Grameen fisheries project?
(a) Leftist militant oposition.
(b) Complete failure of the project.
(c) Natural disasters.
(d) Government oposition.
6. Yunus would define development by focusing on the quality of life for what part of the population?
(a) Upper 50 percent.
(b) Lower 25 percent.
(c) Upper 25 percent.
(d) Lower 50 percent.
7. How many villages does Grameen operate in by the year 2000?
8. Bangladesh is approximately the size of ______________.
9. An independent investigator finds the average rate of return for CARD borrowers is what?
(a) 117 percent.
(b) 18 percent.
(c) 97 percent.
(d) 78 percent.
10. Yunus believes one of the best ways to alleviate poverty is to encourage __________________.
(a) Women's rights.
(b) UN aid organizations.
(c) Social entrepreneurs.
(d) World Bank programs.
11. What is one of the hardest years ever for Grameen on many fronts?
12. From where does Grameen receive helpful media coverage in March 1990?
(a) New York Times front page article.
(b) 60 Minutes on CBS.
(c) Interview with BBC London.
(d) Interview with Barbara Walters on ABC.
13. The goal of the first Microcredit Summit is to reach 100 million of the poorest families in the world in _____ years.
14. When Yunus approaches community leaders in Chicago, they argue that self-employment is a ___________ concept.
15. Who funds the fisheries project before Grameen?
(a) Bangladesh government.
(b) United Nations.
(c) Brittish aid agency.
(d) World Bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was Grameen Bank II launched?
2. Who does the Lakota Fund in South Dakota help?
3. How long does it take to transition all the branches into Grameen Bank II?
4. Grameen is considered by many in Bangladesh to be the enemy of ______________.
5. According to Yunus, Bangladesh is a land of what?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)