|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a problem encountered by the Grameen fisheries project?
(a) Natural disasters.
(b) Government oposition.
(c) Complete failure of the project.
(d) Leftist militant oposition.
2. In what year does Grameen receive a cellular phone license?
3. Grameen is considered by many in Bangladesh to be the enemy of ______________.
(a) Free trade.
(b) The poor.
(c) Free markets.
(d) The revolution.
4. Jan Piercy is Hillary Rodham Clinton's ____________.
(a) Childhood friend.
(b) College roommate.
(c) Law partner.
(d) Press secretary.
5. In Bangladesh in 1991, Grameen members come out in great numbers to do what?
6. Yunus would define development by focusing on the quality of life for what part of the population?
(a) Lower 50 percent.
(b) Upper 25 percent.
(c) Lower 25 percent.
(d) Upper 50 percent.
7. When does Yunus meet Governor Bill Clinton?
(a) March 1985.
(b) February 1987.
(c) March 1989.
(d) February 1986.
8. Yunus has a new definition of an entrepreneur who is what?
(a) Resource allocator.
(b) Driven by greed.
(c) Socially conscious.
(d) Political reformer.
9. Grameen Bank provides housing loans at what interest rate?
(a) 8 percent.
(b) 20 percent.
(c) 10 percent.
(d) 5 percent.
10. What year was Grameen Bank II launched?
11. Which European government gives the CARD program a poor rating?
12. What is Grameen Check?
(a) Line of hand-woven fabric.
(b) Check writing service.
(c) Line of credit for craftsmen.
(d) Money wiring service.
13. How many countries operate Grameen-style micro-credit programs by the end of the book?
14. Where is Professor David Gibbons teaching when he meets Yunus at a conference near Dhaka?
15. In many Third World countries, the overwhelming majority of people make their living through what?
(a) Government assistance.
(c) Aid from international relief organizations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Prime Minister of Bangladesh call during the launching ceremony of GrameenPhone?
2. Yunus argues that World Bank policies affect who the most?
3. Who is the president of the Grameen Foundation USA?
4. By March 2003, how many "telephone ladies" does GrameenPhone have selling phone services in villages?
5. Simply by being a shareholder in the Grameen Bank, members receive what?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)