|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Grameen replication program called the Landless People's Fund of the Center for Agriculture and Rural Development is established in which country?
2. An independent investigator finds the average rate of return for CARD borrowers is what?
(a) 97 percent.
(b) 78 percent.
(c) 117 percent.
(d) 18 percent.
3. Yunus would define development by focusing on the quality of life for what part of the population?
(a) Lower 50 percent.
(b) Upper 25 percent.
(c) Lower 25 percent.
(d) Upper 50 percent.
4. In Bangladesh in 1991, Grameen members come out in great numbers to do what?
5. The program in Pine Bluff, Arkansas is changed from the Grameen Fund to the ___________.
(a) Free Help Fund.
(b) Good Faith Fund.
(c) Free Money Fund.
(d) Good Works Fund.
6. When does Yunus meet Governor Bill Clinton?
(a) February 1986.
(b) February 1987.
(c) March 1989.
(d) March 1985.
7. The goal of the first Microcredit Summit is to reach 100 million of the poorest families in the world in _____ years.
8. According to Yunus, poverty is not created by ____________.
(a) Structures of society.
(c) The poor.
9. What year does Professor Gibbons launch the Grameen replicator program called Project Ikhtiar?
10. What do the words mean in title of the program, Ahon Sa Hirop, started by Dr. Generoso Octavio?
(a) A rise from the Ashes.
(b) A rise from the dirt.
(c) Rise above poverty.
(d) Away from poverty.
11. Who is the American co-chair of the first Microcredit Summit?
(a) Jimmy Carter.
(b) Hillary Rodham Clinton.
(c) Laura Bush.
(d) Bill Clinton.
12. What percentage of the world's population live in extreme poverty?
13. When does Yunus tell Governor Clinton that he can start a Grameen program in Arkansas?
(a) The next month.
(b) The next day.
(c) Six months.
(d) One year.
14. Like many Bengalis of his generation, Yunus is influenced by what kind of economics?
15. UN studies conducted in more than forty developing countries found that the birth rate falls as _______________.
(a) Governments limit family size.
(b) Women are kept submissive.
(c) Women gain equality.
(d) Men gain wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. In many Third World countries, the overwhelming majority of people make their living through what?
2. What does Grameen Uddog stand for?
3. What is the name of the association responsible for forming Grameen replication programs started by Professor Gibbons?
4. In what year does Grameen receive a cellular phone license?
5. What organization in Chicago starts the Full Circle Fund?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)