|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Yunus estimates that Internet use worldwide is __________ every year.
(c) Growing insignificantly.
2. In what year does Grameen loan its one billionth dollar?
3. Yunus calls the ____________ the "Grameen micro-credit highway."
(a) Housing loan.
(b) Basic loan.
(c) Education loan.
(d) Pension fund.
4. The goal of the first Microcredit Summit is to reach 100 million of the poorest families in the world in _____ years.
5. How many total branches does the Grameen Bank have by the end of the book?
(d) 1 million.
6. Grameen is considered by many in Bangladesh to be the enemy of ______________.
(a) Free trade.
(b) The revolution.
(c) The poor.
(d) Free markets.
7. What does Grameen Uddog stand for?
(a) Grameen Pets.
(b) Grameen Progress.
(c) Grameen United.
(d) Grameen Initiatives.
8. What percentage of the world's population live in extreme poverty?
9. When does Yunus tell Governor Clinton that he can start a Grameen program in Arkansas?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) The next day.
(d) The next month.
10. What American group gives the first funding for the Grameen Trust?
(a) Rockefeller Foundation.
(b) Ford Foundation.
(c) MacArthur Foundation.
11. By March 2003, how many "telephone ladies" does GrameenPhone have selling phone services in villages?
12. What is Grameen Check?
(a) Check writing service.
(b) Line of hand-woven fabric.
(c) Money wiring service.
(d) Line of credit for craftsmen.
13. Jan Piercy is Hillary Rodham Clinton's ____________.
(a) Law partner.
(b) College roommate.
(c) Press secretary.
(d) Childhood friend.
14. In Bangladesh in 1991, Grameen members come out in great numbers to do what?
15. As Yunus looks back on the success of Grameen Bank, how many of its borrowers are women?
(a) 88 percent.
(b) 95 percent.
(c) 67 percent.
(d) 75 percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Arkansas state officials first introduce Yunus to in the preliminary steps of finding Grameen borrowers?
2. Which of the following is NOT a problem encountered by the Grameen fisheries project?
3. From where does Grameen receive helpful media coverage in March 1990?
4. In over two decades of existence, how many years does Grameen Bank not turn a profit?
5. Who is the American co-chair of the first Microcredit Summit?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)