|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Lakota Fund in South Dakota help?
(a) Iroquois Indians.
(b) Cherokee Territory.
(c) Sioux Nation.
(d) Bengali Nation.
2. How many children around the world die each day from hunger-related diseases?
(b) 3 million.
3. What does Grameen Uddog stand for?
(a) Grameen Pets.
(b) Grameen Initiatives.
(c) Grameen Progress.
(d) Grameen United.
4. As GrameenPhone is launched, Bangladesh has one phone per _______ inhabitants.
5. How many total branches does the Grameen Bank have by the end of the book?
(c) 1 million.
6. There is a long tradition of what craft that was once in high demand in Bangladesh?
(b) Knife making.
7. Where is Professor David Gibbons teaching when he meets Yunus at a conference near Dhaka?
8. Simply by being a shareholder in the Grameen Bank, members receive what?
(a) Loan insurance.
(b) Pension funds.
9. Yunus has a new definition of an entrepreneur who is what?
(a) Socially conscious.
(b) Driven by greed.
(c) Resource allocator.
(d) Political reformer.
10. The program in Pine Bluff, Arkansas is changed from the Grameen Fund to the ___________.
(a) Free Help Fund.
(b) Good Works Fund.
(c) Free Money Fund.
(d) Good Faith Fund.
11. In what year does Grameen receive a cellular phone license?
12. Who is the American co-chair of the first Microcredit Summit?
(a) Hillary Rodham Clinton.
(b) Jimmy Carter.
(c) Laura Bush.
(d) Bill Clinton.
13. An independent investigator finds the average rate of return for CARD borrowers is what?
(a) 18 percent.
(b) 117 percent.
(c) 78 percent.
(d) 97 percent.
14. In answering a reporter's question, Yunus says he would move the headquarters of the World Bank to where?
(d) Washington D. C.
15. What is the purpose of the non-profit Grameen Shakti?
(a) Developing literacy programs.
(b) Providing clean water.
(c) Developing sources of renewable energy.
(d) Providing health care.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yunus believes one of the best ways to alleviate poverty is to encourage __________________.
2. Who funds the fisheries project before Grameen?
3. In many Third World countries, the overwhelming majority of people make their living through what?
4. Most foreign aid given to developing countries goes toward what?
5. What American group gives the first funding for the Grameen Trust?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)