|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year does Professor Gibbons launch the Grameen replicator program called Project Ikhtiar?
2. Critics often argue that ____________ does not contribute to the economic development of a country.
(b) Political freedom.
(c) Free enterprise.
3. Grameen Bank provides housing loans at what interest rate?
(a) 5 percent.
(b) 8 percent.
(c) 10 percent.
(d) 20 percent.
4. The Grameen replication program called the Landless People's Fund of the Center for Agriculture and Rural Development is established in which country?
5. How many children around the world die each day from hunger-related diseases?
(b) 3 million.
6. Grameen Bank II requires all borrowers to contribute _______ into a pension fund each month.
(a) 5 takas.
(b) 500 takas.
(c) 50 takas.
(d) 15 takas.
7. Yunus argues that World Bank policies affect who the most?
(b) New poor.
(d) Old poor.
8. There is a long tradition of what craft that was once in high demand in Bangladesh?
(b) Knife making.
9. Yunus calls the ____________ the "Grameen micro-credit highway."
(a) Housing loan.
(b) Pension fund.
(c) Education loan.
(d) Basic loan.
10. According to Yunus, Bangladesh is a land of what?
(a) Natural disasters.
(c) Fertile land.
11. Like many Bengalis of his generation, Yunus is influenced by what kind of economics?
12. What international aid agency is Yunus particularly critical of?
(a) Habitat for Humanity.
(b) World Bank.
(c) United Nations.
13. In what year does Grameen receive a cellular phone license?
14. As GrameenPhone is launched, Bangladesh has one phone per _______ inhabitants.
15. Which of the following is NOT a problem encountered by the Grameen fisheries project?
(a) Complete failure of the project.
(b) Leftist militant oposition.
(c) Government oposition.
(d) Natural disasters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of the aid money given to Bangladesh is estimated to actually be spent in the country?
2. Yunus would define development by focusing on the quality of life for what part of the population?
3. What is Grameen Check?
4. By what year would Yunus like to see a world free of poverty?
5. By March 2003, how many "telephone ladies" does GrameenPhone have selling phone services in villages?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)