|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the first volunteer who raises her hand in Pine Bluff, Arkansas tell Yunus she wants a loan for?
(a) Nail scultping box.
(b) Sewing machine.
(c) Childcare license.
(d) Push cart.
2. In answering a reporter's question, Yunus says he would move the headquarters of the World Bank to where?
(c) Washington D. C.
3. When Yunus approaches community leaders in Chicago, they argue that self-employment is a ___________ concept.
4. Who is the American co-chair of the first Microcredit Summit?
(a) Laura Bush.
(b) Bill Clinton.
(c) Jimmy Carter.
(d) Hillary Rodham Clinton.
5. In many Third World countries, the overwhelming majority of people make their living through what?
(b) Government assistance.
(d) Aid from international relief organizations.
6. An independent investigator finds the average rate of return for CARD borrowers is what?
(a) 117 percent.
(b) 78 percent.
(c) 18 percent.
(d) 97 percent.
7. Yunus calls the ____________ the "Grameen micro-credit highway."
(a) Education loan.
(b) Basic loan.
(c) Pension fund.
(d) Housing loan.
8. Which European government gives the CARD program a poor rating?
9. What international aid agency is Yunus particularly critical of?
(a) Habitat for Humanity.
(b) United Nations.
(d) World Bank.
10. An independent investigator finds what percentage of CARD members use their loans for income-generating activities?
(a) 4 percent.
(b) 70 percent.
(c) 27 percent.
(d) 97 percent.
11. What does Grameen Uddog stand for?
(a) Grameen Pets.
(b) Grameen United.
(c) Grameen Initiatives.
(d) Grameen Progress.
12. Who does the Lakota Fund in South Dakota help?
(a) Cherokee Territory.
(b) Bengali Nation.
(c) Sioux Nation.
(d) Iroquois Indians.
13. Under the traditional orthodoxy of economics, all investment money is locked into what category?
(a) Government profit.
(b) Personal profit.
(c) Resource allocation.
(d) Social reformation.
14. What is one of the hardest years ever for Grameen on many fronts?
15. Overall, Grameen is considered to be where on the political spectrum?
(d) Not on the spectrum.
Short Answer Questions
1. As GrameenPhone is launched, Bangladesh has one phone per _______ inhabitants.
2. How many total branches does the Grameen Bank have by the end of the book?
3. There is a long tradition of what craft that was once in high demand in Bangladesh?
4. The first Microcredit Summit was held in what year?
5. Grameen Bank II requires all borrowers to contribute _______ into a pension fund each month.
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)