|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Yunus calls the ____________ the "Grameen micro-credit highway."
(a) Basic loan.
(b) Pension fund.
(c) Housing loan.
(d) Education loan.
2. What year does Professor Gibbons launch the Grameen replicator program called Project Ikhtiar?
3. Where is Professor David Gibbons teaching when he meets Yunus at a conference near Dhaka?
4. How many countries operate Grameen-style micro-credit programs by the end of the book?
5. Yunus argues that World Bank policies affect who the most?
(a) Old poor.
(d) New poor.
6. Who funds the fisheries project before Grameen?
(a) Brittish aid agency.
(b) Bangladesh government.
(c) United Nations.
(d) World Bank.
7. Yunus believes one of the best ways to alleviate poverty is to encourage __________________.
(a) Women's rights.
(b) World Bank programs.
(c) UN aid organizations.
(d) Social entrepreneurs.
8. There is a long tradition of what craft that was once in high demand in Bangladesh?
(c) Knife making.
9. As GrameenPhone is launched, Bangladesh has one phone per _______ inhabitants.
10. What year was Grameen Bank II launched?
11. Grameen believes that _________ is one of the primary components of moving individuals out of poverty.
(c) Skill training.
(d) Government assistance.
12. The Grameen replication program called the Landless People's Fund of the Center for Agriculture and Rural Development is established in which country?
13. Under the traditional orthodoxy of economics, all investment money is locked into what category?
(a) Government profit.
(b) Resource allocation.
(c) Personal profit.
(d) Social reformation.
14. Who do Arkansas state officials first introduce Yunus to in the preliminary steps of finding Grameen borrowers?
(a) Welfare recipients.
(b) Small business owners.
(c) Single mothers.
(d) Homeless men.
15. What international aid agency is Yunus particularly critical of?
(b) World Bank.
(c) United Nations.
(d) Habitat for Humanity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Simply by being a shareholder in the Grameen Bank, members receive what?
2. What is Grameen Check?
3. By March 2003, how many "telephone ladies" does GrameenPhone have selling phone services in villages?
4. In what year does Grameen receive a cellular phone license?
5. What is the source of power for the cellular phones in the villages of Bangladesh?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)