|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Overall, Grameen is considered to be where on the political spectrum?
(d) Not on the spectrum.
2. The first Microcredit Summit was held in what year?
3. Yunus argues that World Bank policies affect who the most?
(b) New poor.
(c) Old poor.
4. By March 2003, how many "telephone ladies" does GrameenPhone have selling phone services in villages?
5. According to Yunus, poverty is not created by ____________.
(a) The poor.
(d) Structures of society.
6. Yunus estimates that Internet use worldwide is __________ every year.
(a) Growing insignificantly.
7. The Grameen replication program called the Landless People's Fund of the Center for Agriculture and Rural Development is established in which country?
8. Yunus has a new definition of an entrepreneur who is what?
(a) Resource allocator.
(b) Socially conscious.
(c) Political reformer.
(d) Driven by greed.
9. How long does it take to transition all the branches into Grameen Bank II?
(a) Eight months.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Two months.
10. Yunus believes one of the biggest flaws of international aid agencies is being too what?
11. What does Grameen Uddog stand for?
(a) Grameen Pets.
(b) Grameen United.
(c) Grameen Initiatives.
(d) Grameen Progress.
12. The goal of the first Microcredit Summit is to reach 100 million of the poorest families in the world in _____ years.
13. In Bangladesh in 1991, Grameen members come out in great numbers to do what?
14. How many countries operate Grameen-style micro-credit programs by the end of the book?
15. Like many Bengalis of his generation, Yunus is influenced by what kind of economics?
Short Answer Questions
1. There is a long tradition of what craft that was once in high demand in Bangladesh?
2. When does Yunus tell Governor Clinton that he can start a Grameen program in Arkansas?
3. What international aid agency is Yunus particularly critical of?
4. What year does Professor Gibbons launch the Grameen replicator program called Project Ikhtiar?
5. Yunus would define development by focusing on the quality of life for what part of the population?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)