|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the non-profit Grameen Shakti?
(a) Providing clean water.
(b) Developing literacy programs.
(c) Developing sources of renewable energy.
(d) Providing health care.
2. Under the traditional orthodoxy of economics, all investment money is locked into what category?
(a) Government profit.
(b) Personal profit.
(c) Social reformation.
(d) Resource allocation.
3. What year does Professor Gibbons launch the Grameen replicator program called Project Ikhtiar?
4. Yunus believes one of the biggest flaws of international aid agencies is being too what?
5. Who is the president of the Grameen Foundation USA?
(a) Alex Counts.
(b) Muhammad Yunus.
(c) Connie Evans.
(d) Bill Clinton.
6. Critics often argue that ____________ does not contribute to the economic development of a country.
(b) Political freedom.
(c) Free enterprise.
7. Grameen develops ____ indicators to determine if members are poverty free.
8. The Grameen replication program called the Landless People's Fund of the Center for Agriculture and Rural Development is established in which country?
9. What percentage of the world's population live in extreme poverty?
10. What do the words mean in title of the program, Ahon Sa Hirop, started by Dr. Generoso Octavio?
(a) Rise above poverty.
(b) Away from poverty.
(c) A rise from the dirt.
(d) A rise from the Ashes.
11. What is the name of Grameen's quarterly newsletter?
(a) Banker to the Poor.
(b) Microcredit News.
(c) Grameen Dialogue.
(d) The Grameen Reader.
12. In answering a reporter's question, Yunus says he would move the headquarters of the World Bank to where?
(b) Washington D. C.
13. What is the name of the association responsible for forming Grameen replication programs started by Professor Gibbons?
14. Yunus believes the world has been persuaded that the capitalist economy must be fueled by __________.
(b) Free trade.
(c) Social reform.
15. Yunus argues that World Bank policies affect who the most?
(a) Old poor.
(d) New poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the end of the book, what percentage of Grameen Bank does Bangladeshi government own?
2. According to Yunus, poverty is not created by ____________.
3. What international aid agency is Yunus particularly critical of?
4. The program in Pine Bluff, Arkansas is changed from the Grameen Fund to the ___________.
5. Who does the Prime Minister of Bangladesh call during the launching ceremony of GrameenPhone?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)