|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Overall, Grameen is considered to be where on the political spectrum?
(a) Not on the spectrum.
2. According to Yunus, Bangladesh is a land of what?
(b) Fertile land.
(c) Natural disasters.
3. Grameen Bank II requires all borrowers to contribute _______ into a pension fund each month.
(a) 500 takas.
(b) 15 takas.
(c) 50 takas.
(d) 5 takas.
4. Grameen believes that _________ is one of the primary components of moving individuals out of poverty.
(a) Skill training.
(c) Government assistance.
5. What is the purpose of the non-profit Grameen Shakti?
(a) Developing literacy programs.
(b) Developing sources of renewable energy.
(c) Providing clean water.
(d) Providing health care.
6. As GrameenPhone is launched, Bangladesh has one phone per _______ inhabitants.
7. The program in Pine Bluff, Arkansas is changed from the Grameen Fund to the ___________.
(a) Good Works Fund.
(b) Free Money Fund.
(c) Free Help Fund.
(d) Good Faith Fund.
8. When Yunus approaches community leaders in Chicago, they argue that self-employment is a ___________ concept.
9. Grameen develops ____ indicators to determine if members are poverty free.
10. Like many Bengalis of his generation, Yunus is influenced by what kind of economics?
11. How many countries operate Grameen-style micro-credit programs by the end of the book?
12. What does Grameen Uddog stand for?
(a) Grameen Initiatives.
(b) Grameen Progress.
(c) Grameen Pets.
(d) Grameen United.
13. How many women are required for a Full Circle Fund group to begin borrowing?
14. What is one of the hardest years ever for Grameen on many fronts?
15. How many villages does Grameen operate in by the year 2000?
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does Grameen receive helpful media coverage in March 1990?
2. Simply by being a shareholder in the Grameen Bank, members receive what?
3. What does the first volunteer who raises her hand in Pine Bluff, Arkansas tell Yunus she wants a loan for?
4. When does Yunus meet Governor Bill Clinton?
5. Most foreign aid given to developing countries goes toward what?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)