|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year does the Grameen Bank receive the Aga Khan International Award for Architecture?
2. What equipment does Yunus notice going unused in the fields of Jobra?
3. What is Yunus's favorite American television show to watch during his first summer in the U.S.?
(a) Gilligan's Island.
(b) I Love Lucy.
(c) 60 Minutes.
(d) Hogan's Heroes.
4. How many days of training do all support group members have to complete to be accepted into Yunus's program?
5. In 1982, Yunus is determined that Grameen should be what?
(a) Privately owned.
(b) Publically owned.
(c) A government program.
(d) An independent bank.
6. What does Yunus make for demonstration in Washington D.C.?
7. How much profit does Sufiaya Begum make on selling her bamboo stools?
(a) Twenty-two cents.
(b) Two cents.
(c) Twenty-five dollars.
(d) Five dollars.
8. What is the holy festival that Yunus attends in the fall of 1977?
(c) Eid-ul Fitr.
9. What does Yunus learn from Professor Georgescu-Roegen that causes economics and life to be more complicated than they really are?
10. Yunus and his second wife make a home in ____________, where they continue to live today.
11. The process of explaining how Yunus's operation works to other villagers is particularly difficult for whom?
12. Yunus tells the managing director of the Bangladesh Agriculture Bank that he has no interest in becoming what?
(a) A poor man.
(b) A rich man.
(c) A lifetime pofessor.
(d) A banker.
13. What is the name of Yunus's mother?
(a) Dula Mia.
(b) Bishad Shindhu.
(c) Moharran Karbala.
(d) Sofia Khatun.
14. Yunus launches a project with his Chittagong University students to study what?
(a) Money lending.
(b) Jobra's economy.
(c) Farm yields.
(d) Jobra's people.
15. Where is the official from that Yunus stays with in Washington D.C. when he is representing the Bangladesh Citizens' Committee?
(a) India Embassy.
(b) Pakistan Embassy.
(c) Bengali Embassy.
(d) Bangladesh Embassy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of ownership does Grameen Bank have when their arrangement with the Bangladesh government is restructured?
2. Where did Yunus's Bengali friend, Mohiuddin Alamgir, just graduate from at the time of the demonstration in Washington D.C.?
3. How much in total does Yunus discover the poverty stricken people of Jobra need to make their own products?
4. What percentage of loans does Yunus want to go to women in his initial bank experiment?
5. Yunus develops an ownership proposal where the Bangladesh government will own what percentage of Grameen?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)