|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percentage of the population in Bangladesh could not read or write in the late 1970s?
(a) 75 percent.
(b) 40 percent.
(c) 90 percent.
(d) 25 percent.
2. In what year was the Bangladesh War of Liberation?
3. What is on the Grameen logo designed by Yunus?
(a) A cane.
(b) Five faces.
(c) A hut.
(d) Five hands.
4. How much in total does Yunus discover the poverty stricken people of Jobra need to make their own products?
5. What do people need in order to borrow money from the government bank in Bangladesh?
6. What year did Pakistan partition from India?
7. How many Bengalis are in the Nashville area at the time that Yunus forms the Bangladesh Citizens' Committee?
8. Yunus's father is a devout __________.
9. What is the name of the leader of the Pakistan partition movement?
(a) Ali Zindabad.
(c) Mohammed Ali Jinnah.
(d) Lord Louis Mountbatten.
10. As Yunus begins to define poverty, what does he discover is left out of most definitions of the poor?
(a) The elderly.
(b) Women and children.
(c) The homeless.
(d) Farm workers.
11. How much profit does Sufiaya Begum make on selling her bamboo stools?
(a) Two cents.
(b) Twenty-five dollars.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) Twenty-two cents.
12. What is the name of the capital city of Bangladesh?
13. What scholarship for a Ph.D is Yunus offered in 1965?
(c) Bengali National.
14. When members of the support groups are finally approved to have a loan, how much is the initial loan asked for in the 1980s?
15. What is the name of the children's magazine that Yunus and his brother cleverly get for free?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the official from that Yunus stays with in Washington D.C. when he is representing the Bangladesh Citizens' Committee?
2. Yunus's mother tells him the story of _____________.
3. When does Yunus receive news of the government proclamation that the Grameen bank was born?
4. What is the name of the brother that attended the Lamar Bazar Free Primary School with Yunus?
5. In what year does a new Finance Minister restructure the ownership agreement Grameen Bank had with the Bangladesh government?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)