|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a reason for the success of the loan support groups within Yunus's program?
2. What is the name of Yunus's mother?
(a) Sofia Khatun.
(b) Dula Mia.
(c) Moharran Karbala.
(d) Bishad Shindhu.
3. Where is the famous economics professor, Nicholas Georgescu-Roegen from?
4. Who does the managing director of the Bangladesh Agriculature Bank tell Yunus are failing the country?
5. What do people need in order to borrow money from the government bank in Bangladesh?
6. What is the name of Yunus's father?
(a) Dula Mia.
(b) Bishad Shindhu.
(c) Sofia Khatun.
(d) Moharran Karbala.
7. What drags on for a very long time in Bangladesh in 1974?
(c) Civil unrest.
8. What is the name of the leader of the Pakistan partition movement?
(a) Ali Zindabad.
(b) Mohammed Ali Jinnah.
(d) Lord Louis Mountbatten.
9. Yunus tells the managing director of the Bangladesh Agriculture Bank that he has no interest in becoming what?
(a) A poor man.
(b) A lifetime pofessor.
(c) A rich man.
(d) A banker.
10. How many days of training do all support group members have to complete to be accepted into Yunus's program?
11. When does Yunus receive news of the government proclamation that the Grameen bank was born?
(a) March 1984.
(b) September 1983.
(c) June 1985.
(d) December 1982.
12. Yunus and his second wife make a home in ____________, where they continue to live today.
13. What kind of business does Yunus begin in the early 1960s?
(a) An economics program for children.
(b) Packaging and printing plant.
(c) A bank.
(d) Shoe factory.
14. In 1982, Yunus is determined that Grameen should be what?
(a) A government program.
(b) Publically owned.
(c) An independent bank.
(d) Privately owned.
15. What is the name of Yunus's first wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many members does a support group need before any loans are made?
2. Upon his return to Bangladesh, Yunus takes a position with the government's _________________.
3. What does Yunus want for his students who are working so hard on the Jobra loan experiment?
4. What is the name of the largest government bank in Bangladesh?
5. In what year does Yunus remarry?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)