|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Yunus, even from a young age, has always thought of himself as what?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A banker.
(c) A reformer.
(d) An economist.
2. In the world of development, Yunus believes that programs combine the poor and non-poor to the benefit of whom?
(b) Aid agencies.
3. What is the name of Yunus's mother?
(a) Bishad Shindhu.
(b) Sofia Khatun.
(c) Moharran Karbala.
(d) Dula Mia.
4. When members of the support groups are finally approved to have a loan, how much is the initial loan asked for in the 1980s?
5. Who does Yunus say are not the poorest people in Bangladesh?
6. What is the holy festival that Yunus attends in the fall of 1977?
(a) Eid-ul Fitr.
7. What does Yunus want for his students who are working so hard on the Jobra loan experiment?
(a) Academic credit.
8. How many times does the Grameen Bank apply for permission from the Central Bank to offer housing loans?
9. Upon his return to Bangladesh, Yunus takes a position with the government's _________________.
(b) Banking system.
(c) Ruling party.
(d) Planning Commission.
10. What is the current interest rate for Grameen loans?
(a) 5 percent.
(b) 2 percent.
(c) 20 percent.
(d) 10 percent.
11. How many people does Yunus find in the village of Jobra that are in the same cycle of poverty like Sufiaya?
12. As Yunus begins the loan program in Jobra village, who does he initially designate to collect the loan payments?
(a) The pan seller.
(b) A student.
(c) The stool maker.
13. What is the name of the brother that attended the Lamar Bazar Free Primary School with Yunus?
14. As Yunus begins to define poverty, what does he discover is left out of most definitions of the poor?
(a) Women and children.
(b) The elderly.
(c) The homeless.
(d) Farm workers.
15. What percentage of ownership does Grameen Bank have when their arrangement with the Bangladesh government is restructured?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the opening ceremony for the Grameen Bank held?
2. How old is Yunus when his mother's behavior begins to change?
3. What is the name of the largest government bank in Bangladesh?
4. Yunus decides to structure the loan repayment on a _________ basis for his loan program.
5. How much profit does Sufiaya Begum make on selling her bamboo stools?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)