|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Stool Makers of Jobra Village.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Yunus begins to teach at Chittagong University, what does he notice as he drives from his father's house every day?
(a) Thriving villagers.
(b) Lush fields.
(c) Barren fields.
(d) Dying villagers.
2. What percentage of the population in Bangladesh could not read or write in the late 1970s?
(a) 25 percent.
(b) 40 percent.
(c) 90 percent.
(d) 75 percent.
3. In what year was the Bangladesh War of Liberation?
4. What is the name of Yunus's first wife?
5. How many people does Yunus find in the village of Jobra that are in the same cycle of poverty like Sufiaya?
Short Answer Questions
1. What drags on for a very long time in Bangladesh in 1974?
2. What year did Pakistan partition from India?
3. As Yunus begins his university study, he finds that economists rarely reflect on the origin and development of ___________.
4. As Yunus begins to define poverty, what does he discover is left out of most definitions of the poor?
5. What is the name of Yunus's father?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)