|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Stool Makers of Jobra Village.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year does Yunus begin to teach at Middle Tennessee State University?
2. What is Yunus's favorite American television show to watch during his first summer in the U.S.?
(a) Gilligan's Island.
(b) I Love Lucy.
(c) 60 Minutes.
(d) Hogan's Heroes.
3. What does the government bank manager say is the biggest problem with loaning money to the poor people of Bangladesh?
(a) Available funds.
(b) Government permission.
(c) Loan documents.
(d) Worthy enterprises.
4. What major war is going on while Yunus is getting his Ph.D. in America?
(a) The Gulf War.
(b) The Vietman War.
(c) The Korean War.
(d) World War II.
5. What year does Yunus return to Bangladesh after teaching in Tennessee?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Yunus's mother die?
2. What is the name of Yunus's mother?
3. Which of the following is NOT an interest of the young Yunus?
4. What percentage of the population in Bangladesh could not read or write in the late 1970s?
5. How many children are born into Yunus's family?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)