|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Growth and Challenges for the Bank for the Poor, 1984-1990.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bangladesh is approximately the size of ______________.
2. How many houses have Grameen loans helped build?
3. How much profit does Sufiaya Begum make on selling her bamboo stools?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) Two cents.
(c) Twenty-five dollars.
(d) Twenty-two cents.
4. Where is the official from that Yunus stays with in Washington D.C. when he is representing the Bangladesh Citizens' Committee?
(a) India Embassy.
(b) Bengali Embassy.
(c) Pakistan Embassy.
(d) Bangladesh Embassy.
5. Grameen goes against traditional methods of poverty alleviation by not providing what?
(a) Skills training.
(b) Ample loans.
(c) Group support.
(d) Bank contacts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the opening ceremony for the Grameen Bank held?
2. At an annual workshop held by the Grameen Bank in 1982, what proposal is drawn up?
3. Where does Yunus go first to study in the United States?
4. What is the name of Yunus's first wife?
5. How much are all support group members required to deposit into a group fund?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)