|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Growth and Challenges for the Bank for the Poor, 1984-1990.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percentage of the population in Bangladesh could not read or write in the late 1970s?
(a) 25 percent.
(b) 40 percent.
(c) 75 percent.
(d) 90 percent.
2. In 1982, Yunus is determined that Grameen should be what?
(a) Publically owned.
(b) A government program.
(c) An independent bank.
(d) Privately owned.
3. What is the name of the middlemen that Sufiaya Begum has to go through to get her bamboo?
4. Yunus develops an ownership proposal where the Bangladesh government will own what percentage of Grameen?
5. Which of the following is NOT a reason for the success of the loan support groups within Yunus's program?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the family of Yunus's first wife from originally?
2. What year does the Grameen Bank receive the Aga Khan International Award for Architecture?
3. In what year does a new Finance Minister restructure the ownership agreement Grameen Bank had with the Bangladesh government?
4. How many Bengalis are in the Nashville area at the time that Yunus forms the Bangladesh Citizens' Committee?
5. What percentage of loans does Yunus want to go to women in his initial bank experiment?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)