Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry inadvertently tell about Bruce's condition in Chapter 9?
2. How long after the attack is Bruce's birthday?
3. Who tells Dutch about Bruce's condition?
4. How long after the party is the game that the team loses in Chapter 16?
5. Besides catching, which other aspect of the game does Red teach Bruce?
Essay Topic 1
Henry's opinion of Bruce changes after he discovers the seriousness of his illness.
1) Describe how Henry refers to Bruce before learning about his illness.
2) Explain the significance of Henry's reaction to the doctors when they inform him about Bruce's condition.
3) Analyze the change in the way Henry views Bruce after he understands the extent of the illness.
Essay Topic 2
Some of the strongest elements of Bang the Drum Slowly are the inspiring effects of the story.
1) Explain why people would be inspired by reading the book.
2) Describe three events that are inspiring from the story.
3) Analyze the powerful effect that literature can have on the reader and which elements make a fictional work the most inspiring.
Essay Topic 3
Bruce's illness demonstrates how a crisis can often bring out the best in even the most unlikely characters.
1) Describe the reaction of the other players on the team to Bruce's illness.
2) Explain which characters change the most and why the change could be considered surprising.
3) Analyze how a tragic situation can bring out the best in people in life.
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)