Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry inadvertently tell about Bruce's condition in Chapter 9?
2. How long after the attack is Bruce's birthday?
3. Who tells Dutch about Bruce's condition?
4. How long after the party is the game that the team loses in Chapter 16?
5. Besides catching, which other aspect of the game does Red teach Bruce?
Essay Topic 1
Loyalty is a main theme in Bang the Drum Slowly.
1) Explain why loyalty is a strong theme for fictional literature.
2) Describe three examples of how Henry's loyalty for Bruce is displayed in the book.
3) Analyze the importance of loyalty, how it is earned, and what it represents for people.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Henry and Katie, their intentions, the influence they both have on Bruce, and their opposition to each other in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze three examples of symbolism in Bang the Drum Slowly. Include a description of each symbol, how it appears in the book, and what it represents for the characters and/or the plot.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)