Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry inadvertently tell about Bruce's condition in Chapter 9?
2. How long after the attack is Bruce's birthday?
3. Who tells Dutch about Bruce's condition?
4. How long after the party is the game that the team loses in Chapter 16?
5. Besides catching, which other aspect of the game does Red teach Bruce?
In literature, actual events are sometimes referenced in order to make the story seem more realistic.
1) Explain three examples of real events that are mentioned in the book.
2) Describe how the technical side of baseball is included in the book, and how you think baseball fans and people who do not know as much about the game would respond to it.
3) Analyze the literary reasons for real events in a fictional story.
The concept of time is a theme of the book that has the ability to connect with readers on multiple levels.
1) Describe three of the references to time in the book along with their context.
2) Explain how time is unintentionally taken for granted by some people.
3) Analyze the concept of time for Bruce and the characters around him.
Loyalty is a main theme in Bang the Drum Slowly.
1) Explain why loyalty is a strong theme for fictional literature.
2) Describe three examples of how Henry's loyalty for Bruce is displayed in the book.
3) Analyze the importance of loyalty, how it is earned, and what it represents for people.
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)