|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Katie ask Henry to meet with her in another attempt to get the insurance policy changed?
2. How are some players singing in the shower after the meeting in Chapter 9?
3. How does Katie threaten Henry in Chapter 12?
4. How does Bruce respond to the passing of his mother?
5. Which name does Katie use to refer to Bruce in Chapter 10?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the reasons for why the popularity of Bang the Drum Slowly has been maintained for a number of decades, how the main themes of the book can be applied to people universally, and the effect that the book might have had on the game of baseball.
Essay Topic 2
Henry and Bruce visit the small town of Mill, Georgia as Bruce shows Henry where he spent his childhood.
1) Describe the characteristics of the small town of Mill, Georgia, and life in the country.
2) Explain how life in the country compares to life in the city, and if the comparison is also relevant to Bruce and Henry.
3) Analyze how Henry and Bruce each view the way of living in Mill, Georgia, and locations in general.
Essay Topic 3
Some of the strongest elements of Bang the Drum Slowly are the inspiring effects of the story.
1) Explain why people would be inspired by reading the book.
2) Describe three events that are inspiring from the story.
3) Analyze the powerful effect that literature can have on the reader and which elements make a fictional work the most inspiring.
This section contains 1,227 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)