Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry inadvertently tell about Bruce's condition in Chapter 9?
2. How long after the attack is Bruce's birthday?
3. Who tells Dutch about Bruce's condition?
4. How long after the party is the game that the team loses in Chapter 16?
5. Besides catching, which other aspect of the game does Red teach Bruce?
Compare and contrast the characters of Henry and Katie, their intentions, the influence they both have on Bruce, and their opposition to each other in the book.
Bang the Drum Slowly ends with Henry's decision to live life with new priorities.
1) Describe the changes that have taken place in Henry throughout the book.
2) Explain how Bruce has caused Henry to understand which things are really important in his life.
3) Analyze the new outlook that Henry has on life and the future.
Some of the strongest elements of Bang the Drum Slowly are the inspiring effects of the story.
1) Explain why people would be inspired by reading the book.
2) Describe three events that are inspiring from the story.
3) Analyze the powerful effect that literature can have on the reader and which elements make a fictional work the most inspiring.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)