Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry inadvertently tell about Bruce's condition in Chapter 9?
2. How long after the attack is Bruce's birthday?
3. Who tells Dutch about Bruce's condition?
4. How long after the party is the game that the team loses in Chapter 16?
5. Besides catching, which other aspect of the game does Red teach Bruce?
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the issue of intelligence is approached by Harris in the book and the message he is delivering about it. Include an analysis of the different types of intelligence and the way they are applied to specific characters.
Essay Topic 2
Bruce's illness demonstrates how a crisis can often bring out the best in even the most unlikely characters.
1) Describe the reaction of the other players on the team to Bruce's illness.
2) Explain which characters change the most and why the change could be considered surprising.
3) Analyze how a tragic situation can bring out the best in people in life.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of foreshadowing in literature, by detailing three examples from Bang the Drum Slowly.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)