Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry inadvertently tell about Bruce's condition in Chapter 9?
2. How long after the attack is Bruce's birthday?
3. Who tells Dutch about Bruce's condition?
4. How long after the party is the game that the team loses in Chapter 16?
5. Besides catching, which other aspect of the game does Red teach Bruce?
Some of the strongest elements of Bang the Drum Slowly are the inspiring effects of the story.
1) Explain why people would be inspired by reading the book.
2) Describe three events that are inspiring from the story.
3) Analyze the powerful effect that literature can have on the reader and which elements make a fictional work the most inspiring.
Chronicle Bruce's life as it is outlined in the book, including the events he details and the change in perspective that he has because of his condition.
In literature, actual events are sometimes referenced in order to make the story seem more realistic.
1) Explain three examples of real events that are mentioned in the book.
2) Describe how the technical side of baseball is included in the book, and how you think baseball fans and people who do not know as much about the game would respond to it.
3) Analyze the literary reasons for real events in a fictional story.
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)