Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry inadvertently tell about Bruce's condition in Chapter 9?
2. How long after the attack is Bruce's birthday?
3. Who tells Dutch about Bruce's condition?
4. How long after the party is the game that the team loses in Chapter 16?
5. Besides catching, which other aspect of the game does Red teach Bruce?
While Henry is away from home, he and Holly use creativity to communicate with each other.
1) Compare the technology in the 1950s to current times and discuss which aspects of it are mentioned in the story.
2) Describe three examples of how creativity is used in the book to compensate for technology that had not yet been developed.
3) Analyze the role of technology in the settings for a fictional work.
Chronicle Bruce's life as it is outlined in the book, including the events he details and the change in perspective that he has because of his condition.
Bang the Drum Slowly is preceded by the book, Southpaw, which was also written by Harris in Henry's narrative.
1) Describe three examples of how Southpaw is referenced in the book.
2) Explain why the character introductions in Bang the Drum Slowly are different than other fictional works.
3) Analyze the effect that a previous book with the same characters can have on the writing of fiction.
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)