|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has it been since Henry and Holly have been at Katie's house before Chapter 10?
2. Who is playing Tegwar with Bruce in Chapter 13?
3. What type of trick is one of the players doing at the party in Chapter 16?
4. Why is Sid outraged with the party that he was not informed about at the end of Chapter 16?
5. Which name do Holly and Henry give to their baby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of Henry and Katie, their intentions, the influence they both have on Bruce, and their opposition to each other in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Bang the Drum Slowly ends with Henry's decision to live life with new priorities.
1) Describe the changes that have taken place in Henry throughout the book.
2) Explain how Bruce has caused Henry to understand which things are really important in his life.
3) Analyze the new outlook that Henry has on life and the future.
Essay Topic 3
While Henry is away from home, he and Holly use creativity to communicate with each other.
1) Compare the technology in the 1950s to current times and discuss which aspects of it are mentioned in the story.
2) Describe three examples of how creativity is used in the book to compensate for technology that had not yet been developed.
3) Analyze the role of technology in the settings for a fictional work.
This section contains 1,218 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)