|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day is Henry playing a game of Tegwar with Joe?
2. How much advance notice are Bruce's parents given about his visit with Henry?
3. How long does the group wait for the mail each morning in Chapter 4?
4. What is Henry thinking about at the end of Chapter 3?
5. How long does Holly stay in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Henry and Holly communicate while he is traveling with Bruce?
2. Why does Henry leave a game of Tegwar in Chapter 8?
3. What plans for the book does Henry discuss in Chapter 6?
4. What description does Henry give for the small town country life of Mill, GA?
5. What happens when Bruce steals a base?
6. What is Tegwar?
7. Where are Henry and Bruce going in Chapter 2, and what do they talk about on the trip?
8. What clause does Henry insist be included in his contract?
9. What is Henry reminded of when Holly visits in Chapter 4?
10. Why does Henry think that Bruce's father knows about Bruce's condition?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Chronicle Bruce's life as it is outlined in the book, including the events he details and the change in perspective that he has because of his condition.
Essay Topic 2
The concept of time is a theme of the book that has the ability to connect with readers on multiple levels.
1) Describe three of the references to time in the book along with their context.
2) Explain how time is unintentionally taken for granted by some people.
3) Analyze the concept of time for Bruce and the characters around him.
Essay Topic 3
Henry and Bruce visit the small town of Mill, Georgia as Bruce shows Henry where he spent his childhood.
1) Describe the characteristics of the small town of Mill, Georgia, and life in the country.
2) Explain how life in the country compares to life in the city, and if the comparison is also relevant to Bruce and Henry.
3) Analyze how Henry and Bruce each view the way of living in Mill, Georgia, and locations in general.
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)