|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the following is not mentioned as something that Henry does while waiting for his contract negotiation?
2. Where is the hospital in which Bruce is staying?
3. Where does the team gather for training in Chapter 5?
4. Based on the positive reaction from a previous book, what does Henry plan to include in the current book he is writing?
5. Which of the following is the name of the insurance company that Henry sells insurance with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where are Henry and Bruce going in Chapter 2, and what do they talk about on the trip?
2. Which activities is Henry doing while he waits for his contract negotiations in Chapter 5?
3. What happens on Henry's trip to Rochester?
4. How do Henry and Holly communicate while he is traveling with Bruce?
5. Which types of employment does Henry have as the story begins?
6. What does Henry do as he hears the phone ringing in Chapter 1?
7. How does Henry respond to the information that the doctors are telling him at the end of Chapter 1?
8. Why does Henry think that Bruce's father knows about Bruce's condition?
9. How does Henry convince Bruce that he is not dumb?
10. How is Bruce's condition causing him to think about things differently in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the relevance of perception vs. reality in the book by describing the reputation of three characters, how those characters would like to be perceived, and when/if the perception of a person is important in reality.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the balance that Harris provides with the events in the book by describing three examples of how one event balances another. Also, explain what the balance of events adds to the plot, the characters, and the overall message of the story.
Essay Topic 3
Bruce's illness demonstrates how a crisis can often bring out the best in even the most unlikely characters.
1) Describe the reaction of the other players on the team to Bruce's illness.
2) Explain which characters change the most and why the change could be considered surprising.
3) Analyze how a tragic situation can bring out the best in people in life.
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)