|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many games is the team playing in Boston in Chapter 17?
(c) A few.
2. Where are Henry, Bruce, and Sid when Henry notices that Sid knows about Bruce's condition?
(a) A car.
(b) A practice.
(c) A game.
(d) A restaurant.
3. How does Dutch's wife learn about Bruce's condition?
(a) From Goose.
(b) From Joe's wife.
(c) From Dutch.
(d) From Tootsie.
4. Who is playing Tegwar with Bruce in Chapter 13?
(c) Joe, Goose, and Horse.
5. How does Katie leave in Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry indicate that everyone will find out about Bruce's condition?
2. What is Henry trying to find out in Chapter 10?
3. What reason does Henry give to Katie for his lack of concern in losing his insurance job?
4. What is becoming apparent about the team as the season continues?
5. Which insect does Dutch compare the team's season to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Sid disappointed about the celebration from the night before in Chapter 16?
2. Which actions does Dutch take in an attempt to fix some of the Mammoth's problems?
3. Who is Mr. Rogers and which information does he have?
4. What influence does Red's coaching have on the team?
5. How does Goose find out about Bruce's illness?
6. What is the difference in the way several players are treating Bruce since knowing about his illness?
7. How does Dutch finally discover the truth about Bruce's condition in Chapter 14?
8. Despite having a good season, what are some of the problems that the Mammoths are having in Chapter 9?
9. How does Henry respond to Katie's threat and offer in Chapter 12?
10. Why is the doctor delayed at getting to Bruce in Chapter 11, and how does Henry find out that Horse also knows about Bruce's condition?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)