|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dutch's wife learn about Bruce's condition?
(a) From Joe's wife.
(b) From Tootsie.
(c) From Goose.
(d) From Dutch.
2. Based on the child's kicking, what career do Henry and Holly think their baby will have?
3. Why does Henry decide that he is finished teasing people?
(a) He does not find it funny anymore.
(b) Life is short enough.
(c) He understands that teasing does not change things.
(d) He knows that Bruce would want him to be nicer to people.
4. How many players offer to get Bruce a jacket when he says he is cold during a game?
5. Which type of a song are other players making up about Katie?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Henry get home after hearing that Holly is in labor?
2. How many games is the team playing in Boston in Chapter 17?
3. Which month does Henry receive the phone call that Bruce has passed away?
4. Which game does Henry play in before hearing that Holly is in labor?
5. What disappoints Henry about Bruce's funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises the announcers during a game in Chapter 17?
2. What causes Bruce to ask Henry to change his insurance policy?
3. What is Bruce's reaction to the passing of his mother?
4. Despite having a good season, what are some of the problems that the Mammoths are having in Chapter 9?
5. Why is the doctor delayed at getting to Bruce in Chapter 11, and how does Henry find out that Horse also knows about Bruce's condition?
6. How does Goose find out about Bruce's illness?
7. What surprises does Bruce receive to celebrate his birthday?
8. Who selects the flowers to send to the funeral for Bruce's mother, and why?
9. What happens after a rained out game when Bruce goes to the hospital?
10. Why are the players complaining about time, and how does Bruce respond to their complaints?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)