|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Joe collecting money from in Chapter 13?
(a) The players.
(b) The coaches.
(c) The managers.
(d) The players, the managers, and the coaches.
2. What reason does Henry give to Katie for his lack of concern in losing his insurance job?
(a) He will be making money from his book.
(b) He does not like to travel.
(c) He does not like selling insurance.
(d) He is receiving a bonus from the team.
3. Why does Henry decide that he is finished teasing people?
(a) He understands that teasing does not change things.
(b) Life is short enough.
(c) He knows that Bruce would want him to be nicer to people.
(d) He does not find it funny anymore.
4. Where does Katie ask Henry to meet with her in another attempt to get the insurance policy changed?
(a) A police station.
(b) A parked car.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A restaurant.
5. Which inning is Bruce's last game called because of rain?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry trying to find out in Chapter 10?
2. Who tells Dutch about Bruce's condition?
3. Which type of a song are other players making up about Katie?
4. How does Holly react to Henry's idea of only pretending to change the beneficiary of Bruce's insurance?
5. Besides catching, which other aspect of the game does Red teach Bruce?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Sid disappointed about the celebration from the night before in Chapter 16?
2. What influence does Red's coaching have on the team?
3. What causes Bruce to ask Henry to change his insurance policy?
4. What happens when Katie takes Henry, Holly, and Bruce to dinner in Chapter 10?
5. How is the title of the book explained in Chapter 15?
6. How does Henry respond to Katie's threat and offer in Chapter 12?
7. Who selects the flowers to send to the funeral for Bruce's mother, and why?
8. Where is Henry when he learns that Holly is having the baby, and how does it inspire him?
9. What is the difference in the way several players are treating Bruce since knowing about his illness?
10. What surprises the announcers during a game in Chapter 17?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)