|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pays for the expensive dinner in Chapter 10?
2. Based on the child's kicking, what career do Henry and Holly think their baby will have?
3. Who is playing Tegwar with Bruce in Chapter 13?
(d) Joe, Goose, and Horse.
4. Which name does Katie use to refer to Bruce in Chapter 10?
(a) My Little New Husband.
(b) My Little Future Husband.
(c) My Little Old Future Husband.
(d) My Little New Future Husband.
5. Which insect does Dutch compare the team's season to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's response to Katie's offer in Chapter 12?
2. How does Katie leave in Chapter 12?
3. Why is Henry's decision to chew tobacco with Bruce significant?
4. How many players know about Bruce's illness at the end of Chapter 13?
5. As explained in Chapter 9, who is responsible for the success of the team?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which actions does Dutch take in an attempt to fix some of the Mammoth's problems?
2. What influence does Red's coaching have on the team?
3. How does Henry describe Bruce's last hit?
4. How is the title of the book explained in Chapter 15?
5. What does Dutch do when he finally discovers Bruce's condition in Chapter 14?
6. Who is Mr. Rogers and which information does he have?
7. Why is Sid disappointed about the celebration from the night before in Chapter 16?
8. How does Dutch finally discover the truth about Bruce's condition in Chapter 14?
9. How does Henry respond to Katie's threat and offer in Chapter 12?
10. What is the difference in the way several players are treating Bruce since knowing about his illness?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)