|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which position did Red play before retiring?
(d) First Base.
2. Where does Katie ask Henry to meet with her in another attempt to get the insurance policy changed?
(a) A police station.
(b) A parked car.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A hotel.
3. How does Henry let off some steam while thinking about things after talking about Bruce with his father?
(a) He slams a door.
(b) He breaks a window.
(c) He trashes a hotel room.
(d) He screams out the window.
4. How many games is the team playing in Boston in Chapter 17?
(a) A few.
5. How does Holly react to Henry's idea of only pretending to change the beneficiary of Bruce's insurance?
(a) She thinks there is another way.
(b) She agrees.
(c) She is going to think about it.
(d) She disagrees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Henry give to Katie for his lack of concern in losing his insurance job?
2. What is Bruce doing in the hospital when he is visited by Henry and the coaches on the day after his last game?
3. How does Henry indicate that everyone will find out about Bruce's condition?
4. How many players offer to get Bruce a jacket when he says he is cold during a game?
5. What does Dutch do when he sees Piney wearing a gun belt?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Henry describe Bruce's last hit?
2. How does Goose find out about Bruce's illness?
3. Why is the doctor delayed at getting to Bruce in Chapter 11, and how does Henry find out that Horse also knows about Bruce's condition?
4. What happens when Katie takes Henry, Holly, and Bruce to dinner in Chapter 10?
5. How is the team doing with the new coaching and awareness of Bruce's condition?
6. When does Bruce leave the team to go back home?
7. How does Henry respond to Katie's threat and offer in Chapter 12?
8. How is the title of the book explained in Chapter 15?
9. Why is Henry hesitant to change Bruce's insurance policy?
10. Who is Mr. Rogers and which information does he have?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)