|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Goose, prompting a celebration in Chapter 16?
(a) Thirty seven.
(b) Thirty five.
(d) Thirty eight.
2. How much money does Katie offer Henry to change Bruce's insurance policy in Chapter 12?
(a) Two thousand dollars.
(b) Eight thousand dollars.
(c) Five thousand dollars.
(d) Seven thousand dollars.
3. How can Henry tell that Sid might know about Bruce's condition?
(a) The questions Sid is asking.
(b) Sid's quietness.
(c) Sid's kind attitude.
(d) Sid is unusually talkative.
4. Who tells Dutch about Bruce's condition?
(d) His wife.
5. What are the players doing differently as a result of discovering Bruce's illness?
(a) Being nice to Bruce and requesting more practices.
(b) Being nice to Bruce and ignoring old grudges.
(c) Being nice to Bruce, requesting more practices, ignoring old grudges, and donating money to charity.
(d) Being nice to Bruce, requesting more practices, and ignoring old grudges.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after the party is the game that the team loses in Chapter 16?
2. Which game does Henry play in before hearing that Holly is in labor?
3. How many players know about Bruce's illness at the end of Chapter 13?
4. In baseball, which does Bruce like better, hitting or catching?
5. What do the detectives do when they are called to the room because of the shots fired by Goose?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the team doing with the new coaching and awareness of Bruce's condition?
2. Why is Sid disappointed about the celebration from the night before in Chapter 16?
3. What decision does Henry make about life at the end of the book?
4. What happens when Katie takes Henry, Holly, and Bruce to dinner in Chapter 10?
5. Which reasons does Henry have for rejecting Katie's offer again, and what causes the detectives to visit Henry's room later at a celebration?
6. What influence does Red's coaching have on the team?
7. How is the title of the book explained in Chapter 15?
8. What is the difference in the way several players are treating Bruce since knowing about his illness?
9. What surprises the announcers during a game in Chapter 17?
10. When does Bruce leave the team to go back home?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)