|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after the party is the game that the team loses in Chapter 16?
(a) The next day.
(b) Three days later.
(c) Two days later.
(d) The next week.
2. Why does Henry decide that he is finished teasing people?
(a) Life is short enough.
(b) He understands that teasing does not change things.
(c) He does not find it funny anymore.
(d) He knows that Bruce would want him to be nicer to people.
3. Where does Katie ask Henry to meet with her in another attempt to get the insurance policy changed?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A parked car.
(c) A police station.
(d) A restaurant.
4. What is Henry's response to Katie's threat in Chapter 12?
(a) He laughs with confidence.
(b) He refuses to acknowledge it.
(c) He counters with a threat to tell the police about her activities.
(d) He counters with a threat to tell Bruce why she is marrying him.
5. Why is Henry's decision to chew tobacco with Bruce significant?
(a) Henry does not like tobacco.
(b) Henry had just chewed tobacco before Bruce asked.
(c) Henry prefers chewing gum.
(d) Henry is allergic to tobacco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the players complaining about as they look at their place in the league?
2. How many times does Dutch ask Bruce to clarify that Bruce has never thought Dutch was not human?
3. Which of the following does Dutch ban in Chapter 9?
4. How does Bruce respond to the passing of his mother?
5. How does Dutch react when he realizes that he was fooled by Henry in the contract dealings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Bruce to ask Henry to change his insurance policy?
2. Which question does Dutch repeatedly ask Bruce, and why?
3. How does Dutch finally discover the truth about Bruce's condition in Chapter 14?
4. What decision does Henry make about life at the end of the book?
5. What surprises the announcers during a game in Chapter 17?
6. How does Henry describe Bruce's last hit?
7. Who is Mr. Rogers and which information does he have?
8. What happens when Katie takes Henry, Holly, and Bruce to dinner in Chapter 10?
9. What is the difference in the way several players are treating Bruce since knowing about his illness?
10. Despite having a good season, what are some of the problems that the Mammoths are having in Chapter 9?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)