|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day is it when Chapter 14 begins?
2. As explained in Chapter 9, who is responsible for the success of the team?
(a) Most of the team.
(b) The entire team.
(c) A few key players.
(d) A lot of key players.
3. Besides the coaches and their wives, who is at the meeting that Henry walks into during Chapter 14?
(a) Doctors and detectives.
(b) Detectives and lawyers.
(c) Doctors and lawyers.
(d) Doctors, detectives, and lawyers.
4. Why does Henry decide that he is finished teasing people?
(a) He knows that Bruce would want him to be nicer to people.
(b) He does not find it funny anymore.
(c) He understands that teasing does not change things.
(d) Life is short enough.
5. How does Katie threaten Henry in Chapter 12?
(a) To tell Bruce about the false insurance company letters.
(b) To tell both Bruce and the insurance company about the false letters.
(c) To tell Bruce, the team manager, and the insurance company about the false letters.
(d) To tell the insurance company about the false letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which name does Katie use to refer to Bruce in Chapter 10?
2. What idea does Henry get after the baby is born?
3. Who is Joe collecting money from in Chapter 13?
4. What is Henry trying to find out in Chapter 10?
5. Why is Dutch not at the practice in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Bruce to ask Henry to change his insurance policy?
2. Who is Mr. Rogers and which information does he have?
3. What decision does Henry make about life at the end of the book?
4. When does Bruce leave the team to go back home?
5. What happens when Katie takes Henry, Holly, and Bruce to dinner in Chapter 10?
6. What is significant about the games of Tegwar Bruce is playing in Chapter 13?
7. What does Dutch do when he finally discovers Bruce's condition in Chapter 14?
8. What surprises does Bruce receive to celebrate his birthday?
9. Despite having a good season, what are some of the problems that the Mammoths are having in Chapter 9?
10. What happens after a rained out game when Bruce goes to the hospital?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)