|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What play's title do other team members use to tease Henry and Bruce?
(b) Much Ado About Nothing.
(c) Antony and Cleopatra.
(d) Romeo and Juliet.
2. Why does Henry decide that he is finished teasing people?
(a) He does not find it funny anymore.
(b) He knows that Bruce would want him to be nicer to people.
(c) Life is short enough.
(d) He understands that teasing does not change things.
3. What does Bruce ask Henry to send him?
(a) His baseball cap.
(b) His baseball uniform.
(c) A scorecard from the games.
(d) The book Henry is writing.
4. How long after the party is the game that the team loses in Chapter 16?
(a) The next day.
(b) The next week.
(c) Two days later.
(d) Three days later.
5. What are the players doing differently as a result of discovering Bruce's illness?
(a) Being nice to Bruce, requesting more practices, ignoring old grudges, and donating money to charity.
(b) Being nice to Bruce and requesting more practices.
(c) Being nice to Bruce, requesting more practices, and ignoring old grudges.
(d) Being nice to Bruce and ignoring old grudges.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which position did Red play before retiring?
2. How does Holly react to Henry's idea of only pretending to change the beneficiary of Bruce's insurance?
3. Why does the doctor have to be picked up when Bruce has an attack in Chapter 11?
4. In baseball, which does Bruce like better, hitting or catching?
5. Why does Henry think it is gloomy to play in Boston?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Sid disappointed about the celebration from the night before in Chapter 16?
2. Who is Mr. Rogers and which information does he have?
3. Where is Henry when he learns that Holly is having the baby, and how does it inspire him?
4. Who selects the flowers to send to the funeral for Bruce's mother, and why?
5. What is significant about the games of Tegwar Bruce is playing in Chapter 13?
6. Which reasons does Henry have for rejecting Katie's offer again, and what causes the detectives to visit Henry's room later at a celebration?
7. What surprises does Bruce receive to celebrate his birthday?
8. What influence does Red's coaching have on the team?
9. Despite having a good season, what are some of the problems that the Mammoths are having in Chapter 9?
10. Why are the players complaining about time, and how does Bruce respond to their complaints?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)