|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can Henry tell that Sid might know about Bruce's condition?
(a) Sid's quietness.
(b) The questions Sid is asking.
(c) Sid is unusually talkative.
(d) Sid's kind attitude.
2. Besides catching, which other aspect of the game does Red teach Bruce?
(a) To help the coaches.
(b) To help the pitcher.
(c) To help the infield.
(d) To help the outfield.
3. How long has it been since Henry and Holly have been at Katie's house before Chapter 10?
(a) A few years.
(b) A year.
(c) Many years.
(d) Two years.
4. Which insect does Dutch compare the team's season to?
5. What reason does Henry give to Katie for his lack of concern in losing his insurance job?
(a) He does not like to travel.
(b) He is receiving a bonus from the team.
(c) He will be making money from his book.
(d) He does not like selling insurance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the person that Henry is talking to in the elevator in Chapter 14?
2. Who does Henry inadvertently tell about Bruce's condition in Chapter 9?
3. Based on the child's kicking, what career do Henry and Holly think their baby will have?
4. How does Dutch react when he realizes that he was fooled by Henry in the contract dealings?
5. Who is sending Bruce false letters from the insurance company?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which question does Dutch repeatedly ask Bruce, and why?
2. What decision does Henry make about life at the end of the book?
3. What surprises the announcers during a game in Chapter 17?
4. Despite having a good season, what are some of the problems that the Mammoths are having in Chapter 9?
5. What is significant about the games of Tegwar Bruce is playing in Chapter 13?
6. What happens when Katie takes Henry, Holly, and Bruce to dinner in Chapter 10?
7. Which actions does Dutch take in an attempt to fix some of the Mammoth's problems?
8. Who selects the flowers to send to the funeral for Bruce's mother, and why?
9. Who is Mr. Rogers and which information does he have?
10. What does Dutch do when he finally discovers Bruce's condition in Chapter 14?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)