|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which name does Katie use to refer to Bruce in Chapter 10?
(a) My Little Future Husband.
(b) My Little New Future Husband.
(c) My Little New Husband.
(d) My Little Old Future Husband.
2. How many players know about Bruce's illness at the end of Chapter 13?
(c) A few.
3. What day is it when Chapter 14 begins?
4. Who is Sid taking out his anger on?
(a) All of the coaches.
(b) Anyone nearby.
(c) All of the managers.
(d) Anyone on the opposing team.
5. How far along is the season at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) It is nearly over.
(b) It is over.
(c) It is halfway done.
(d) It is just starting.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Katie leave in Chapter 12?
2. What disappoints Henry about Bruce's funeral?
3. Which game does Henry play in before hearing that Holly is in labor?
4. Why is Henry's decision to chew tobacco with Bruce significant?
5. Which of the following does Dutch ban in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What influence does Red's coaching have on the team?
2. Why is Henry hesitant to change Bruce's insurance policy?
3. What decision does Henry make about life at the end of the book?
4. Why is it particularly significant that Henry chews tobacco with Bruce?
5. How does Henry describe Bruce's last hit?
6. How does Goose find out about Bruce's illness?
7. What surprises the announcers during a game in Chapter 17?
8. Why are the players complaining about time, and how does Bruce respond to their complaints?
9. Why is Sid disappointed about the celebration from the night before in Chapter 16?
10. What happens after a rained out game when Bruce goes to the hospital?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)