|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Katie leave in Chapter 12?
2. Who is Joe collecting money from in Chapter 13?
(a) The managers.
(b) The players, the managers, and the coaches.
(c) The players.
(d) The coaches.
3. Why does Henry think it is gloomy to play in Boston?
(a) There are not enough fans in the park.
(b) There is a longer distance to the plate for pitching.
(c) There is bad weather at the park.
(d) The fans are not very nice there.
4. What day is it that Bruce does not feel well?
(a) Labor Day.
(d) Memorial Day.
5. How much money does Katie offer Henry to change Bruce's insurance policy in Chapter 12?
(a) Eight thousand dollars.
(b) Five thousand dollars.
(c) Seven thousand dollars.
(d) Two thousand dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry trying to find out in Chapter 10?
2. Where are Henry, Bruce, and Sid when Henry notices that Sid knows about Bruce's condition?
3. Where does the title of the book come from?
4. Which position did Red play before retiring?
5. How are some players singing in the shower after the meeting in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Goose find out about Bruce's illness?
2. Despite having a good season, what are some of the problems that the Mammoths are having in Chapter 9?
3. How does Dutch finally discover the truth about Bruce's condition in Chapter 14?
4. What happens after a rained out game when Bruce goes to the hospital?
5. What decision does Henry make about life at the end of the book?
6. What is Bruce's reaction to the passing of his mother?
7. What causes Bruce to ask Henry to change his insurance policy?
8. How does Henry respond to Katie's threat and offer in Chapter 12?
9. Why are the players complaining about time, and how does Bruce respond to their complaints?
10. Why is Sid disappointed about the celebration from the night before in Chapter 16?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)