|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Bruce leave to go home to Georgia?
(a) Halfway through the World Series.
(b) Before the first game of the World Series.
(c) After the World Series is over.
(d) After the first game of the World Series.
2. Which name does Katie use to refer to Bruce in Chapter 10?
(a) My Little New Husband.
(b) My Little New Future Husband.
(c) My Little Old Future Husband.
(d) My Little Future Husband.
3. What idea does Henry get after the baby is born?
(a) To play less games.
(b) To write a song.
(c) To retire soon.
(d) To write a book.
4. How can Henry tell that Sid might know about Bruce's condition?
(a) Sid's quietness.
(b) Sid is unusually talkative.
(c) The questions Sid is asking.
(d) Sid's kind attitude.
5. Which insect does Dutch compare the team's season to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Dutch about Bruce's condition?
2. How far along is the season at the beginning of Chapter 17?
3. Which baseball player is Sid being compared to?
4. What does Bruce ask Henry to send him?
5. What do the detectives do when they are called to the room because of the shots fired by Goose?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Henry respond to Katie's threat and offer in Chapter 12?
2. How does Henry describe Bruce's last hit?
3. How does Goose find out about Bruce's illness?
4. Why is it particularly significant that Henry chews tobacco with Bruce?
5. What causes Bruce to ask Henry to change his insurance policy?
6. What surprises the announcers during a game in Chapter 17?
7. How is the team doing with the new coaching and awareness of Bruce's condition?
8. Which actions does Dutch take in an attempt to fix some of the Mammoth's problems?
9. Why is Henry hesitant to change Bruce's insurance policy?
10. What happens when Katie takes Henry, Holly, and Bruce to dinner in Chapter 10?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)