|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the title of the book come from?
(a) A saying.
(b) A song.
(c) A poem.
(d) Another book.
2. How many players offer to get Bruce a jacket when he says he is cold during a game?
3. How are the flowers selected to send to the funeral for Bruce's mother?
(a) The girl at the telegraph office selects them.
(b) Henry and Holly select them.
(c) Henry selects them.
(d) Holly selects them.
4. Which baseball player is Sid being compared to?
(a) Lou Gehrig.
(b) Joe DiMaggio.
(c) Mickey Mantle.
(d) Babe Ruth.
5. What are the players complaining about as they look at their place in the league?
(a) The previous game.
(b) The length of the season.
(c) The length of the practice.
(d) The upcoming game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What play's title do other team members use to tease Henry and Bruce?
2. Who pays for the expensive dinner in Chapter 10?
3. How are some players singing in the shower after the meeting in Chapter 9?
4. Which of the players are drinking during the party in Chapter 16?
5. What is becoming apparent about the team as the season continues?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)