|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the players are drinking during the party in Chapter 16?
(b) None of them.
(c) Everyone except Henry and Goose.
(d) Everyone except Henry.
2. Who is Sid taking out his anger on?
(a) All of the managers.
(b) All of the coaches.
(c) Anyone on the opposing team.
(d) Anyone nearby.
3. How can Henry tell that Sid might know about Bruce's condition?
(a) The questions Sid is asking.
(b) Sid's kind attitude.
(c) Sid's quietness.
(d) Sid is unusually talkative.
4. When does Henry get home after hearing that Holly is in labor?
(a) Two days before the baby is born.
(b) After the baby is born.
(c) As the baby is being born.
(d) A day before the baby is born.
5. Which inning is Bruce's last game called because of rain?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the players doing differently as a result of discovering Bruce's illness?
2. Who does Henry inadvertently tell about Bruce's condition in Chapter 9?
3. Why does Katie say she wants to go to dinner with Henry privately in Chapter 12?
4. How does Henry indicate that everyone will find out about Bruce's condition?
5. How long after the party is the game that the team loses in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Sid disappointed about the celebration from the night before in Chapter 16?
2. Who is Mr. Rogers and which information does he have?
3. What happens after a rained out game when Bruce goes to the hospital?
4. How is the team doing with the new coaching and awareness of Bruce's condition?
5. What causes Bruce to ask Henry to change his insurance policy?
6. What surprises does Bruce receive to celebrate his birthday?
7. Why are the players complaining about time, and how does Bruce respond to their complaints?
8. Where is Henry when he learns that Holly is having the baby, and how does it inspire him?
9. Which actions does Dutch take in an attempt to fix some of the Mammoth's problems?
10. What influence does Red's coaching have on the team?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)