|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Goose arguing with about the bullets in the gun at the party in Chapter 16?
2. Based on Red's suggestion, what does Henry take the pills with?
(a) A Coke and coffee.
(b) A Coke and water.
(c) Coffee and water.
(d) A Coke, coffee, and water.
3. Who is sending Bruce false letters from the insurance company?
(a) It is not revealed.
(d) Both Holly and Henry.
4. Where are Henry, Bruce, and Sid when Henry notices that Sid knows about Bruce's condition?
(a) A practice.
(b) A car.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A game.
5. What disappoints Henry about Bruce's funeral?
(a) More team members are not there.
(b) Bruce is not in his baseball uniform.
(c) The ceremony is not long enough.
(d) More baseball fans are not there.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has it been since Henry and Holly have been at Katie's house before Chapter 10?
2. How many players know about Bruce's illness at the end of Chapter 13?
3. Why does Katie say she wants to go to dinner with Henry privately in Chapter 12?
4. What is Henry's response to Katie's threat in Chapter 12?
5. Which type of a song are other players making up about Katie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Henry hesitant to change Bruce's insurance policy?
2. Which question does Dutch repeatedly ask Bruce, and why?
3. Which reasons does Henry have for rejecting Katie's offer again, and what causes the detectives to visit Henry's room later at a celebration?
4. What is Bruce's reaction to the passing of his mother?
5. What influence does Red's coaching have on the team?
6. How does Henry describe Bruce's last hit?
7. What causes Bruce to ask Henry to change his insurance policy?
8. Why is Sid disappointed about the celebration from the night before in Chapter 16?
9. How does Goose find out about Bruce's illness?
10. Despite having a good season, what are some of the problems that the Mammoths are having in Chapter 9?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)