|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the players doing differently as a result of discovering Bruce's illness?
(a) Being nice to Bruce and requesting more practices.
(b) Being nice to Bruce and ignoring old grudges.
(c) Being nice to Bruce, requesting more practices, ignoring old grudges, and donating money to charity.
(d) Being nice to Bruce, requesting more practices, and ignoring old grudges.
2. What does Bruce ask Henry to send him?
(a) His baseball cap.
(b) A scorecard from the games.
(c) The book Henry is writing.
(d) His baseball uniform.
3. How does Bruce respond to the passing of his mother?
(a) He is upset.
(b) He is quiet.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is calm.
4. Why is Henry's decision to chew tobacco with Bruce significant?
(a) Henry had just chewed tobacco before Bruce asked.
(b) Henry is allergic to tobacco.
(c) Henry does not like tobacco.
(d) Henry prefers chewing gum.
5. Which baseball player is Sid being compared to?
(a) Joe DiMaggio.
(b) Lou Gehrig.
(c) Mickey Mantle.
(d) Babe Ruth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Goose arguing with about the bullets in the gun at the party in Chapter 16?
2. Which month does Henry receive the phone call that Bruce has passed away?
3. Why is Sid outraged with the party that he was not informed about at the end of Chapter 16?
4. How long has it been since Henry and Holly have been at Katie's house before Chapter 10?
5. What disappoints Henry about Bruce's funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mr. Rogers and which information does he have?
2. How does Goose find out about Bruce's illness?
3. What is Bruce's reaction to the passing of his mother?
4. When does Bruce leave the team to go back home?
5. What surprises does Bruce receive to celebrate his birthday?
6. What surprises the announcers during a game in Chapter 17?
7. What influence does Red's coaching have on the team?
8. How does Henry describe Bruce's last hit?
9. How is the team doing with the new coaching and awareness of Bruce's condition?
10. Where is Henry when he learns that Holly is having the baby, and how does it inspire him?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)