|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on Red's suggestion, what does Henry take the pills with?
(a) A Coke and water.
(b) Coffee and water.
(c) A Coke, coffee, and water.
(d) A Coke and coffee.
2. Who is Sid taking out his anger on?
(a) Anyone on the opposing team.
(b) All of the managers.
(c) Anyone nearby.
(d) All of the coaches.
3. How many players know about Bruce's illness at the end of Chapter 13?
(c) A few.
4. What idea does Henry get after the baby is born?
(a) To write a book.
(b) To write a song.
(c) To play less games.
(d) To retire soon.
5. How does Henry indicate that everyone will find out about Bruce's condition?
(a) From Joe's wife.
(b) From other players.
(c) From Dutch.
(d) He does not know how other people will find out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which type of a song are other players making up about Katie?
2. Which name do Holly and Henry give to their baby?
3. How many times does Dutch ask Bruce to clarify that Bruce has never thought Dutch was not human?
4. Why does Katie say she wants to go to dinner with Henry privately in Chapter 12?
5. As explained in Chapter 9, who is responsible for the success of the team?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after a rained out game when Bruce goes to the hospital?
2. What influence does Red's coaching have on the team?
3. How does Dutch finally discover the truth about Bruce's condition in Chapter 14?
4. Why is Sid disappointed about the celebration from the night before in Chapter 16?
5. What is Bruce's reaction to the passing of his mother?
6. Where is Henry when he learns that Holly is having the baby, and how does it inspire him?
7. How does Henry describe Bruce's last hit?
8. How does Henry respond to Katie's threat and offer in Chapter 12?
9. Despite having a good season, what are some of the problems that the Mammoths are having in Chapter 9?
10. Who selects the flowers to send to the funeral for Bruce's mother, and why?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)