|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Holly react to Henry's idea of only pretending to change the beneficiary of Bruce's insurance?
(a) She thinks there is another way.
(b) She is going to think about it.
(c) She agrees.
(d) She disagrees.
2. How does Henry let off some steam while thinking about things after talking about Bruce with his father?
(a) He trashes a hotel room.
(b) He breaks a window.
(c) He screams out the window.
(d) He slams a door.
3. Who does Henry inadvertently tell about Bruce's condition in Chapter 9?
4. What does Dutch claim is the reason for the change in the team's playing?
(a) There are too many players skipping practice.
(b) There are too many grudges.
(c) There are not enough practices.
(d) There are not enough coaches.
5. What is the name of the detective that Dutch introduces to Henry?
(a) Mr. Rogers.
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) Mr. Sullivan.
(d) Mr. Roberts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dutch do when he sees Piney wearing a gun belt?
2. How does Sid respond to the comparison between him and a famous baseball player?
3. Why is Sid outraged with the party that he was not informed about at the end of Chapter 16?
4. Based on Red's suggestion, what does Henry take the pills with?
5. What does Bruce receive from other team members for his birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Henry when he learns that Holly is having the baby, and how does it inspire him?
2. What causes Bruce to ask Henry to change his insurance policy?
3. What is the difference in the way several players are treating Bruce since knowing about his illness?
4. Which reasons does Henry have for rejecting Katie's offer again, and what causes the detectives to visit Henry's room later at a celebration?
5. Who selects the flowers to send to the funeral for Bruce's mother, and why?
6. How does Dutch finally discover the truth about Bruce's condition in Chapter 14?
7. When does Bruce leave the team to go back home?
8. How does Goose find out about Bruce's illness?
9. What surprises does Bruce receive to celebrate his birthday?
10. What does Dutch do when he finally discovers Bruce's condition in Chapter 14?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)