|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many doctors inform Henry of Bruce's condition in Chapter 1?
(a) A few.
2. Where does Henry have coffee with the stewardess in Chapter 1?
(a) Fort Wayne.
3. What name does Bruce call Henry during the phone call in Chapter 1?
4. What title is Henry given as he begins playing baseball again?
(a) Team Representative.
(b) Player Representative.
(c) Team Captain.
(d) Pitching Captain.
5. Where does the team gather for training in Chapter 5?
(a) Crescent Lake Field.
(b) Miller Huggins Field.
(c) Aqua Clara.
(d) Asbury Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following surprises Henry about Bruce as they are driving?
2. Who is wondering why Bruce is being played in the games?
3. How many games each day does Bruce play with an amateur league?
4. Which of the following do Bruce and Henry start doing in Chapter 4?
5. What is it about Henry's story that Dutch discusses with him on the train?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where are Henry and Bruce going in Chapter 2, and what do they talk about on the trip?
2. What description does Henry give for the small town country life of Mill, GA?
3. How do Henry and Holly communicate while he is traveling with Bruce?
4. What happens when Bruce steals a base?
5. As explained by Henry, how does Bruce begin playing sports?
6. What does Henry do as he hears the phone ringing in Chapter 1?
7. How do Henry and Bruce respond to the contracts they receive in Chapter 4?
8. Who is Katie and why does she call Henry?
9. How is Bruce's condition causing him to think about things differently in Chapter 4?
10. What caused Bruce to join and leave World War II?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)