|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dutch outraged about Bruce's successful attempt at stealing a base?
(a) He could have been injured.
(b) He used a new sliding technique.
(c) He did it without instruction.
(d) He did it even though he was instructed not to.
2. How does Bruce respond to Henry's decision to leave the game in Chapter 8?
(a) He is unaware of it.
(b) He is understanding.
(c) He is sad.
(d) He is surprised.
3. How does Bruce explain the way he knew he could steal the base?
(a) He references the playbook.
(b) He uses logical reasoning.
(c) He uses an analogy.
(d) He references previous stolen bases.
4. In what way does the group read and discuss each piece of mail in Chapter 4?
5. What does Henry label the doctors after hearing about Bruce's condition?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bruce convince the university to donate to his family while he is playing baseball?
2. How do Bruce's parents respond to Henry's visit?
3. Which of the following is included in the things that Henry tells Katie about Bruce?
4. Where is the hospital in which Bruce is staying?
5. Where does the team gather for training in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What clause does Henry insist be included in his contract?
2. How do Henry and Bruce respond to the contracts they receive in Chapter 4?
3. Who is Katie and why does she call Henry?
4. Why does Henry think that Bruce's father knows about Bruce's condition?
5. What description does Henry give for the small town country life of Mill, GA?
6. What does Henry do as he hears the phone ringing in Chapter 1?
7. What is Henry reminded of when Holly visits in Chapter 4?
8. What happens on Henry's trip to Rochester?
9. Which activities is Henry doing while he waits for his contract negotiations in Chapter 5?
10. What caused Bruce to join and leave World War II?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)