|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on the positive reaction from a previous book, what does Henry plan to include in the current book he is writing?
(a) A team picture.
(b) An autograph.
(c) An interview.
(d) A team roster.
2. Which things does Bruce remember when he thinks about the times he put his life at risk?
(a) Doing dangerous work, playing in unsafe places, and going to War.
(b) Playing in unsafe places, participating in sports, and going to War.
(c) Doing dangerous work, participating in sports, and playing in unsafe places.
(d) Doing dangerous work, participating in sports, and going to War.
3. As Henry is reminded at the end of Chapter 4, when did Bruce visit their apartment frequently?
(a) Two years ago.
(b) Several years before.
(c) Earlier that year.
(d) The previous year.
4. What time is it when Henry receives the phone call in Chapter 1?
(a) One a.m.
(b) One p.m.
(c) Ten a.m.
(d) Ten p.m.
5. How many people are watching Henry's Tegwar game in Chapter 8?
(a) A few people.
(b) One person.
(c) No one but the participants.
(d) A crowd.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bruce respond to Henry's decision to leave the game in Chapter 8?
2. What is Dutch's reaction to Bruce's explanation of why he stole the base?
3. Which of the following is the name of the insurance company that Henry sells insurance with?
4. What do the letters of the game, Tegwar, stand for?
5. How many baseball seasons did Bruce play in college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on Henry's trip to Rochester?
2. What happens when Bruce steals a base?
3. Why does Henry think that Bruce's father knows about Bruce's condition?
4. How does Henry respond to Dutch's further questioning on the train?
5. What description does Henry give for the small town country life of Mill, GA?
6. What side note does Henry make before leaving in Chapter 1?
7. What caused Bruce to join and leave World War II?
8. How does Henry convince Bruce that he is not dumb?
9. As explained by Henry, how does Bruce begin playing sports?
10. Which activities is Henry doing while he waits for his contract negotiations in Chapter 5?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)