|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bruce tell his parents when they ask about the news from Minnesota?
(a) He says there is nothing wrong with him.
(b) He says that more tests are needed.
(c) He says they think he might have a curable disease.
(d) He says they are unsure what is wrong with him.
2. What is Henry thinking about at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) The times Bruce helped him.
(b) The times he was supportive of Bruce.
(c) The times he helped Bruce.
(d) The times he was mad at Bruce.
3. What causes Henry to think that Bruce's father knows about his condition?
(a) He saw the telegram from the hospital.
(b) The amount of money he is willing to give during a game.
(c) He saw him reading the medical letter.
(d) Specific things he says in conversation.
4. What is the name of the scout that recruited Bruce after college?
(a) Ray Pink.
(b) Robbie Red.
(c) Robert Violet.
(d) Ron White.
5. What causes Henry to leave the game of Tegwar in Chapter 8?
(a) The manager calls a meeting.
(b) The game is not as exciting as it usually is.
(c) Joe refuses to let Bruce join the game.
(d) Henry realizes he has to practice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dutch react to the clause that Henry insists on including in his contract?
2. Which of the following aspects of the country life amazes Henry in Chapter 4?
3. What does Henry receive during the contract negotiations?
4. What does the coach from a different city offer Henry in an attempt to recruit him?
5. What decision does Henry make about Bruce's illness in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Katie and why does she call Henry?
2. What happens on Henry's trip to Rochester?
3. What does Henry do as he hears the phone ringing in Chapter 1?
4. How is Bruce's condition causing him to think about things differently in Chapter 4?
5. How did Bruce start playing for the Mammoths?
6. What surprises the announcers during a game in Chapter 17?
7. Why is Sid disappointed about the celebration from the night before in Chapter 16?
8. Which things does Henry discuss with Katie at the restaurant?
9. What side note does Henry make before leaving in Chapter 1?
10. Why are Henry and Bruce concerned about other members of the team knowing of Bruce's illness?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)