|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Bruce's parents do to pass the time while sitting on their front porch?
(a) Swat flies and drink water.
(b) Read books and drink water.
(c) Swat flies and read books.
(d) Swat flies, read books, and drink water.
2. In what way does the group read and discuss each piece of mail in Chapter 4?
3. Which position does Dutch have on the team?
(a) Assistant Manager.
(b) Pitching Coach.
(d) Batting Coach.
4. What happens to Bruce after he surrenders in the War?
(a) He is transferred to another military base.
(b) He is reassigned to another country.
(c) He is sent home.
(d) He is given a new assignment.
5. What does the coach from a different city offer Henry in an attempt to recruit him?
(a) More money.
(b) More vacation days.
(c) More money, a lighter schedule, and more vacation days.
(d) A lighter schedule.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many months has Holly been pregnant when Henry leaves for the hospital in Chapter 1?
2. What reason does Henry provide to Dutch for going to Minnesota?
3. Where does Bruce seem to know a lot about nature?
4. How is Henry pitching after gaining weight?
5. How is Sid described?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which questions does Dutch ask Henry in Chapter 7?
2. Why does Henry leave a game of Tegwar in Chapter 8?
3. How does Dutch respond to Henry's contract negotiating?
4. How does Henry respond to Dutch's further questioning on the train?
5. What is Henry reminded of when Holly visits in Chapter 4?
6. As explained by Henry, how does Bruce begin playing sports?
7. What description does Henry give for the small town country life of Mill, GA?
8. Why does Bruce call Henry in Chapter 1?
9. What happens on Henry's trip to Rochester?
10. How do Henry and Bruce respond to the contracts they receive in Chapter 4?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)