|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on the positive reaction from a previous book, what does Henry plan to include in the current book he is writing?
(a) An autograph.
(b) A team picture.
(c) An interview.
(d) A team roster.
2. How do Bruce's parents respond to Henry's visit?
(a) They are confused.
(b) They are surprised.
(c) They are excited.
(d) They are happy.
3. Where does Bruce seem to know a lot about nature?
(a) Only close to home.
(b) Only far away from home.
(c) Close to home and far away from home.
(d) Neither close to or far away from home.
4. Why does Henry refuse to sign his baseball contract in Chapter 4?
(a) He is waiting to show it to a lawyer.
(b) He does not want to play in that many games.
(c) He thinks the wages are too low.
(d) He thinks the schedule is too extensive.
5. How many years has Henry been playing baseball when the book begins?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following aspects of the country life amazes Henry in Chapter 4?
2. As Henry is reminded at the end of Chapter 4, when did Bruce visit their apartment frequently?
3. How many courses has Henry taken about selling insurance?
4. Why is Dutch outraged about Bruce's successful attempt at stealing a base?
5. What do Bruce's parents do to pass the time while sitting on their front porch?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Henry and Holly communicate while he is traveling with Bruce?
2. As explained by Henry, how does Bruce begin playing sports?
3. Why does Bruce call Henry in Chapter 1?
4. How does Henry respond to the information that the doctors are telling him at the end of Chapter 1?
5. Which types of employment does Henry have as the story begins?
6. What is Henry reminded of when Holly visits in Chapter 4?
7. How did Bruce start playing for the Mammoths?
8. Which things does Henry discuss with Katie at the restaurant?
9. Why does Henry think that Bruce's father knows about Bruce's condition?
10. Which questions does Dutch ask Henry in Chapter 7?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)