|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the coach from a different city offer Henry in an attempt to recruit him?
(a) More money.
(b) A lighter schedule.
(c) More money, a lighter schedule, and more vacation days.
(d) More vacation days.
2. Which of the following aspects of the country life amazes Henry in Chapter 4?
(a) The abundance of food.
(b) The topics of conversation.
(c) The lack of clocks.
(d) The feeling of independence.
3. How does Holly react to Henry's joking when he tells her about Bruce's condition?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is appalled.
(d) She is surprised.
4. How is Sid described?
5. What is the main thing that Sid is known for thinking about?
(a) His batting average.
(b) The batting averages of other players.
(c) The hitting techniques of other players.
(d) His hitting technique.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the story that Henry tells Dutch, why did he and Bruce go to Bruce's parents' house?
2. How does Bruce respond to the team's decision to keep him?
3. Where is Bruce showing Henry places that correspond to the stories of his youth?
4. What time is it when Henry receives the phone call in Chapter 1?
5. What does Henry receive during the contract negotiations?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dutch respond to Henry's contract negotiating?
2. How does Henry respond to the information that the doctors are telling him at the end of Chapter 1?
3. Which types of employment does Henry have as the story begins?
4. How is Bruce's condition causing him to think about things differently in Chapter 4?
5. What side note does Henry make before leaving in Chapter 1?
6. What happens when Bruce steals a base?
7. Which questions does Dutch ask Henry in Chapter 7?
8. How did Bruce start playing for the Mammoths?
9. Which things does Henry discuss with Katie at the restaurant?
10. Which activities is Henry doing while he waits for his contract negotiations in Chapter 5?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)