|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the scout that recruited Bruce after college?
(a) Robbie Red.
(b) Ray Pink.
(c) Ron White.
(d) Robert Violet.
2. How is the team doing as the season officially opens?
(a) They are winning most of their games.
(b) They are winning half of their games.
(c) They are winning all of their games.
(d) They are winning a portion of their games.
3. How do Bruce's parents respond to Henry's visit?
(a) They are surprised.
(b) They are happy.
(c) They are confused.
(d) They are excited.
4. What is Henry's initial reaction to what the doctors tell him about Bruce in Chapter 1?
(a) He is upset.
(b) He is quiet.
(c) He is nervous.
(d) He is confused.
5. From which city is the coach who tries to recruit Henry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bruce convince the university to donate to his family while he is playing baseball?
2. Where does Bruce fight in World War II?
3. What decision does Henry make about Bruce's illness in Chapter 2?
4. What do Henry and Holly say when Henry calls collect from the road in Chapter 2?
5. What does Bruce tell his parents when they ask about the news from Minnesota?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Henry think that Bruce's father knows about Bruce's condition?
2. Where are Henry and Bruce going in Chapter 2, and what do they talk about on the trip?
3. What clause does Henry insist be included in his contract?
4. What is Tegwar?
5. How do Henry and Bruce respond to the contracts they receive in Chapter 4?
6. What caused Bruce to join and leave World War II?
7. How does Henry convince Bruce that he is not dumb?
8. Why does Bruce call Henry in Chapter 1?
9. Why are Henry and Bruce concerned about other members of the team knowing of Bruce's illness?
10. How does Henry respond to Dutch's further questioning on the train?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)