|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people are watching Henry's Tegwar game in Chapter 8?
(a) One person.
(b) A crowd.
(c) A few people.
(d) No one but the participants.
2. What is Dutch's reaction to Bruce's explanation of why he stole the base?
(a) He is impressed.
(b) He is surprised.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is angry.
3. How are the rules of Tegwar invented?
(a) As the game is played.
(b) In the middle of the game.
(c) Before the game is played and in the middle of the game.
(d) Before the game is played.
4. What is the name of the scout that recruited Bruce after college?
(a) Ron White.
(b) Ray Pink.
(c) Robert Violet.
(d) Robbie Red.
5. According to the story that Henry tells Dutch, why did he and Bruce go to Bruce's parents' house?
(a) To visit Bruce's parents.
(b) To help Bruce's parents with farm work.
(c) To go hunting.
(d) To get away from the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Henry to leave the game of Tegwar in Chapter 8?
2. What is Henry's initial reaction to what the doctors tell him about Bruce in Chapter 1?
3. Different from the earlier location given in the book, which of these is actually Bruce's hometown?
4. As Henry is reminded at the end of Chapter 4, when did Bruce visit their apartment frequently?
5. What is Henry thinking about at the end of Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plans for the book does Henry discuss in Chapter 6?
2. How do Henry and Bruce respond to the contracts they receive in Chapter 4?
3. What description does Henry give for the small town country life of Mill, GA?
4. Where are Henry and Bruce going in Chapter 2, and what do they talk about on the trip?
5. What happens on Henry's trip to Rochester?
6. Why does Henry leave a game of Tegwar in Chapter 8?
7. Why does Bruce call Henry in Chapter 1?
8. How did Bruce start playing for the Mammoths?
9. What does Henry do as he hears the phone ringing in Chapter 1?
10. As explained by Henry, how does Bruce begin playing sports?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)