|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which team does Bruce play for after college?
(a) New York Warriors.
(b) New York Mammoths.
(c) New York Knights.
(d) New York Lions.
2. Why does Henry refuse to sign his baseball contract in Chapter 4?
(a) He is waiting to show it to a lawyer.
(b) He thinks the wages are too low.
(c) He thinks the schedule is too extensive.
(d) He does not want to play in that many games.
3. What does Bruce do while fighting in World War II?
(a) He shoots from a fort.
(b) He distributes supplies.
(c) He shoots from a foxhole.
(d) He works on improving weaponry.
4. Besides selling insurance and playing baseball, what does Henry do?
(a) He is writing a novel that will be published.
(b) He writes a sports column for a newspaper.
(c) He is writing a novel, but does not have a publisher.
(d) He writes for a sports magazine.
5. Which reference does Henry make in order to convince Bruce that he is not stupid?
(a) Bruce's knowledge of various cities.
(b) Bruce's knowledge of sports statistics.
(c) Bruce 's knowledge of nature.
(d) Bruce's knowledge of sports strategies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What title is Henry given as he begins playing baseball again?
2. How many years has Henry been playing baseball when the book begins?
3. What time of day is Henry playing a game of Tegwar with Joe?
4. Which of the following is included in the things that Henry tells Katie about Bruce?
5. What is it about Henry's story that Dutch discusses with him on the train?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which types of employment does Henry have as the story begins?
2. How does Henry respond to Dutch's further questioning on the train?
3. How does Henry respond to the information that the doctors are telling him at the end of Chapter 1?
4. What does Henry do when he and Bruce are temporarily separated while touring?
5. How does Dutch respond to Henry's contract negotiating?
6. As explained by Henry, how does Bruce begin playing sports?
7. What clause does Henry insist be included in his contract?
8. Why does Bruce call Henry in Chapter 1?
9. What does Henry do as he hears the phone ringing in Chapter 1?
10. Which questions does Dutch ask Henry in Chapter 7?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)