Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Henry typically sell insurance to?
(a) Friends from college.
(b) Friends from baseball and college.
(c) Friends from college and local businesses.
(d) Friends from baseball.
2. What decision does Henry make about Bruce's illness in Chapter 2?
(a) Not to talk about it until Bruce is ready.
(b) To avoid talking about it with Bruce.
(c) Not to talk about it until after Bruce is in Georgia.
(d) To try to talk about it with Bruce.
3. What causes Henry to think that Bruce's father knows about his condition?
(a) He saw the telegram from the hospital.
(b) The amount of money he is willing to give during a game.
(c) Specific things he says in conversation.
(d) He saw him reading the medical letter.
4. Which reference does Henry make in order to convince Bruce that he is not stupid?
(a) Bruce's knowledge of sports statistics.
(b) Bruce's knowledge of sports strategies.
(c) Bruce's knowledge of various cities.
(d) Bruce 's knowledge of nature.
5. What causes Dutch to agree to the clause that Henry insists on including in his contract?
(a) The opinion of the team owner.
(b) Henry's explanation.
(c) Henry's pitching skills.
(d) The look in Henry's eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people are watching Henry's Tegwar game in Chapter 8?
2. In what way does the group read and discuss each piece of mail in Chapter 4?
3. Different from the earlier location given in the book, which of these is actually Bruce's hometown?
4. What is Henry's initial reaction to what the doctors tell him about Bruce in Chapter 1?
5. How does Holly react to Henry's joking when he tells her about Bruce's condition?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Bruce's condition causing him to think about things differently in Chapter 4?
2. How does Dutch finally discover the truth about Bruce's condition in Chapter 14?
3. What is Tegwar?
4. How is the team doing with the new coaching and awareness of Bruce's condition?
5. What plans for the book does Henry discuss in Chapter 6?
6. What happens when Katie takes Henry, Holly, and Bruce to dinner in Chapter 10?
7. Who selects the flowers to send to the funeral for Bruce's mother, and why?
8. Which question does Dutch repeatedly ask Bruce, and why?
9. Who is Katie and why does she call Henry?
10. Why is the doctor delayed at getting to Bruce in Chapter 11, and how does Henry find out that Horse also knows about Bruce's condition?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)