|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bruce surrender in World War II?
(a) He is separated from his unit, runs out of ammunition, and is surrounded by the enemy.
(b) He runs out of ammunition.
(c) He is separated from his unit.
(d) He is surrounded by the enemy.
2. Besides selling insurance and playing baseball, what does Henry do?
(a) He writes a sports column for a newspaper.
(b) He writes for a sports magazine.
(c) He is writing a novel, but does not have a publisher.
(d) He is writing a novel that will be published.
3. What is Henry thinking about at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) The times he was mad at Bruce.
(b) The times Bruce helped him.
(c) The times he helped Bruce.
(d) The times he was supportive of Bruce.
4. What does Bruce do while fighting in World War II?
(a) He distributes supplies.
(b) He shoots from a foxhole.
(c) He shoots from a fort.
(d) He works on improving weaponry.
5. Who is wondering why Bruce is being played in the games?
(d) Other players.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Bruce showing Henry places that correspond to the stories of his youth?
2. How are Henry and Bruce separated during the tour while playing baseball?
3. Which team does Bruce play for after college?
4. How are the rules of Tegwar invented?
5. What is the name of the scout that recruited Bruce after college?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Henry and Bruce respond to the contracts they receive in Chapter 4?
2. Which types of employment does Henry have as the story begins?
3. What clause does Henry insist be included in his contract?
4. How does Henry respond to Dutch's further questioning on the train?
5. What side note does Henry make before leaving in Chapter 1?
6. Who is Katie and why does she call Henry?
7. Why does Henry think that Bruce's father knows about Bruce's condition?
8. What description does Henry give for the small town country life of Mill, GA?
9. How do Henry and Holly communicate while he is traveling with Bruce?
10. How does Dutch respond to Henry's contract negotiating?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)