|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the rules of Tegwar invented?
(a) In the middle of the game.
(b) Before the game is played.
(c) As the game is played.
(d) Before the game is played and in the middle of the game.
2. What does Bruce tell his parents when they ask about the news from Minnesota?
(a) He says there is nothing wrong with him.
(b) He says that more tests are needed.
(c) He says they think he might have a curable disease.
(d) He says they are unsure what is wrong with him.
3. As Henry is reminded at the end of Chapter 4, when did Bruce visit their apartment frequently?
(a) The previous year.
(b) Several years before.
(c) Two years ago.
(d) Earlier that year.
4. When does Henry say he will be back from his trip in Chapter 1?
(a) After the baby is born.
(b) When the baby is born.
(c) Before the baby is born.
(d) He is unsure.
5. What causes Henry to leave the game of Tegwar in Chapter 8?
(a) Henry realizes he has to practice.
(b) Joe refuses to let Bruce join the game.
(c) The game is not as exciting as it usually is.
(d) The manager calls a meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like when Henry is flying to Minnesota in Chapter 1?
2. What time is it when Henry receives the phone call in Chapter 1?
3. How many months has Holly been pregnant when Henry leaves for the hospital in Chapter 1?
4. What causes Henry to think that Bruce's father knows about his condition?
5. Which of the following is included in the things that Henry tells Katie about Bruce?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which actions does Dutch take in an attempt to fix some of the Mammoth's problems?
2. What caused Bruce to join and leave World War II?
3. What happens on Henry's trip to Rochester?
4. Who is Katie and why does she call Henry?
5. What is Henry reminded of when Holly visits in Chapter 4?
6. Which questions does Dutch ask Henry in Chapter 7?
7. What surprises does Bruce receive to celebrate his birthday?
8. How do Henry and Bruce respond to the contracts they receive in Chapter 4?
9. Why is Sid disappointed about the celebration from the night before in Chapter 16?
10. What does Henry do as he hears the phone ringing in Chapter 1?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)