|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many months has Holly been pregnant when Henry leaves for the hospital in Chapter 1?
2. What decision does Henry make about Bruce's illness in Chapter 2?
(a) Not to talk about it until after Bruce is in Georgia.
(b) Not to talk about it until Bruce is ready.
(c) To try to talk about it with Bruce.
(d) To avoid talking about it with Bruce.
3. What time of day is Henry playing a game of Tegwar with Joe?
(a) The morning.
(b) The evening.
(c) The early evening.
(d) The afternoon.
4. How many baseball seasons did Bruce play in college?
(c) A few.
5. How does Katie react to Henry's suggestion that she should get married?
(a) She leaves.
(b) She agrees to think about it.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She does not respond.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which day does Henry receive the phone call in Chapter 1?
2. What does Bruce tell his parents when they ask about the news from Minnesota?
3. Where does Bruce seem to know a lot about nature?
4. How much advance notice are Bruce's parents given about his visit with Henry?
5. Who does Henry typically sell insurance to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dutch respond to Henry's contract negotiating?
2. How does Henry respond to Dutch's further questioning on the train?
3. Why does Henry think that Bruce's father knows about Bruce's condition?
4. As explained by Henry, how does Bruce begin playing sports?
5. What side note does Henry make before leaving in Chapter 1?
6. Which types of employment does Henry have as the story begins?
7. How is Bruce's condition causing him to think about things differently in Chapter 4?
8. How do Henry and Bruce respond to the contracts they receive in Chapter 4?
9. Why does Henry leave a game of Tegwar in Chapter 8?
10. Why does Bruce call Henry in Chapter 1?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)