|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Bruce after he surrenders in the War?
(a) He is given a new assignment.
(b) He is reassigned to another country.
(c) He is transferred to another military base.
(d) He is sent home.
2. How does Bruce respond to Henry's decision to leave the game in Chapter 8?
(a) He is unaware of it.
(b) He is understanding.
(c) He is surprised.
(d) He is sad.
3. Which position does Dutch have on the team?
(b) Batting Coach.
(c) Pitching Coach.
(d) Assistant Manager.
4. What is the weather like when Henry is flying to Minnesota in Chapter 1?
(a) It is raining.
(b) It is sunny.
(c) It is a lot of fog.
(d) There is a snowstorm.
5. Why does Bruce surrender in World War II?
(a) He is surrounded by the enemy.
(b) He runs out of ammunition.
(c) He is separated from his unit, runs out of ammunition, and is surrounded by the enemy.
(d) He is separated from his unit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the scout that recruited Bruce after college?
2. As Henry is reminded at the end of Chapter 4, when did Bruce visit their apartment frequently?
3. What do Henry and Holly say when Henry calls collect from the road in Chapter 2?
4. How does Bruce explain the way he knew he could steal the base?
5. Which team does Bruce play for after college?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Henry when he learns that Holly is having the baby, and how does it inspire him?
2. How did Bruce start playing for the Mammoths?
3. What side note does Henry make before leaving in Chapter 1?
4. What caused Bruce to join and leave World War II?
5. What influence does Red's coaching have on the team?
6. How is Bruce's condition causing him to think about things differently in Chapter 4?
7. What does Henry do as he hears the phone ringing in Chapter 1?
8. Which actions does Dutch take in an attempt to fix some of the Mammoth's problems?
9. What is the difference in the way several players are treating Bruce since knowing about his illness?
10. What happens when Katie takes Henry, Holly, and Bruce to dinner in Chapter 10?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)