|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Dutch to agree to the clause that Henry insists on including in his contract?
(a) Henry's explanation.
(b) The opinion of the team owner.
(c) Henry's pitching skills.
(d) The look in Henry's eyes.
2. What does Bruce convince the university to donate to his family while he is playing baseball?
(b) Farm equipiment.
(d) Farm goods.
3. As Henry is reminded at the end of Chapter 4, when did Bruce visit their apartment frequently?
(a) The previous year.
(b) Several years before.
(c) Two years ago.
(d) Earlier that year.
4. Besides selling insurance and playing baseball, what does Henry do?
(a) He is writing a novel that will be published.
(b) He writes a sports column for a newspaper.
(c) He is writing a novel, but does not have a publisher.
(d) He writes for a sports magazine.
5. How many months has Holly been pregnant when Henry leaves for the hospital in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Henry to leave the game of Tegwar in Chapter 8?
2. Which decades did Bruce help his father with farm work?
3. How many people are watching Henry's Tegwar game in Chapter 8?
4. Where does the team gather for training in Chapter 5?
5. Who does Henry typically sell insurance to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which questions does Dutch ask Henry in Chapter 7?
2. What caused Bruce to join and leave World War II?
3. How did Bruce start playing for the Mammoths?
4. Which activities is Henry doing while he waits for his contract negotiations in Chapter 5?
5. How does Henry convince Bruce that he is not dumb?
6. How do Henry and Holly communicate while he is traveling with Bruce?
7. As explained by Henry, how does Bruce begin playing sports?
8. Why does Henry leave a game of Tegwar in Chapter 8?
9. Which things does Henry discuss with Katie at the restaurant?
10. What does Henry do when he and Bruce are temporarily separated while touring?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)