|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides selling insurance and playing baseball, what does Henry do?
(a) He writes for a sports magazine.
(b) He writes a sports column for a newspaper.
(c) He is writing a novel, but does not have a publisher.
(d) He is writing a novel that will be published.
2. What does the coach from a different city offer Henry in an attempt to recruit him?
(a) More money.
(b) A lighter schedule.
(c) More vacation days.
(d) More money, a lighter schedule, and more vacation days.
3. Who does Henry typically sell insurance to?
(a) Friends from college and local businesses.
(b) Friends from baseball.
(c) Friends from baseball and college.
(d) Friends from college.
4. What does Henry receive during the contract negotiations?
(a) A bonus.
(b) Exntended vacation days, a bonus, and the team will pay his taxes.
(c) The team will pay his taxes.
(d) Extended vacation days.
5. What causes Dutch to agree to the clause that Henry insists on including in his contract?
(a) The opinion of the team owner.
(b) The look in Henry's eyes.
(c) Henry's explanation.
(d) Henry's pitching skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many courses has Henry taken about selling insurance?
2. How are the rules of Tegwar invented?
3. How much advance notice are Bruce's parents given about his visit with Henry?
4. What state is Henry traveling from to visit Bruce in the hospital?
5. Which Georgia town is Bruce from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Henry respond to Dutch's further questioning on the train?
2. What happens on Henry's trip to Rochester?
3. What is Henry reminded of when Holly visits in Chapter 4?
4. How does Dutch respond to Henry's contract negotiating?
5. What does Henry do when he and Bruce are temporarily separated while touring?
6. What caused Bruce to join and leave World War II?
7. How do Henry and Holly communicate while he is traveling with Bruce?
8. Which things does Henry discuss with Katie at the restaurant?
9. What clause does Henry insist be included in his contract?
10. Why does Bruce call Henry in Chapter 1?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)