|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is included in the things that Henry tells Katie about Bruce?
(a) He is going to recover.
(b) He is not thinking about his condition.
(c) He is looking for other treatment options.
(d) He is not contagious.
2. What decision does Henry make about Bruce's illness in Chapter 2?
(a) To try to talk about it with Bruce.
(b) To avoid talking about it with Bruce.
(c) Not to talk about it until after Bruce is in Georgia.
(d) Not to talk about it until Bruce is ready.
3. When does Henry say he will be back from his trip in Chapter 1?
(a) After the baby is born.
(b) Before the baby is born.
(c) When the baby is born.
(d) He is unsure.
4. How do Bruce's parents respond to Henry's visit?
(a) They are confused.
(b) They are surprised.
(c) They are happy.
(d) They are excited.
5. In what way does the group read and discuss each piece of mail in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Bruce after he surrenders in the War?
2. What reason does Henry provide to Dutch for going to Minnesota?
3. Where is the hospital in which Bruce is staying?
4. How many games each day does Bruce play with an amateur league?
5. What university recruited Bruce to play baseball?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which activities is Henry doing while he waits for his contract negotiations in Chapter 5?
2. What happens when Bruce steals a base?
3. What description does Henry give for the small town country life of Mill, GA?
4. As explained by Henry, how does Bruce begin playing sports?
5. What caused Bruce to join and leave World War II?
6. Why does Bruce call Henry in Chapter 1?
7. What does Henry do when he and Bruce are temporarily separated while touring?
8. Which things does Henry discuss with Katie at the restaurant?
9. What happens on Henry's trip to Rochester?
10. How does Dutch respond to Henry's contract negotiating?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)