|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Henry to think that Bruce's father knows about his condition?
(a) He saw the telegram from the hospital.
(b) Specific things he says in conversation.
(c) He saw him reading the medical letter.
(d) The amount of money he is willing to give during a game.
2. Besides selling insurance and playing baseball, what does Henry do?
(a) He is writing a novel that will be published.
(b) He writes a sports column for a newspaper.
(c) He is writing a novel, but does not have a publisher.
(d) He writes for a sports magazine.
3. Which of the following is included in the things that Henry tells Katie about Bruce?
(a) He is going to recover.
(b) He is not contagious.
(c) He is not thinking about his condition.
(d) He is looking for other treatment options.
4. Which of the following is the name of the insurance company that Henry sells insurance with?
5. How is the team doing as the season officially opens?
(a) They are winning most of their games.
(b) They are winning all of their games.
(c) They are winning a portion of their games.
(d) They are winning half of their games.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bruce surrender in World War II?
2. What does the coach from a different city offer Henry in an attempt to recruit him?
3. What is Henry's initial reaction to what the doctors tell him about Bruce in Chapter 1?
4. Where does Henry have coffee with the stewardess in Chapter 1?
5. What does Henry label the doctors after hearing about Bruce's condition?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused Bruce to join and leave World War II?
2. What happens when Bruce steals a base?
3. Why does Henry leave a game of Tegwar in Chapter 8?
4. What does Henry do when he and Bruce are temporarily separated while touring?
5. What clause does Henry insist be included in his contract?
6. What description does Henry give for the small town country life of Mill, GA?
7. How does Dutch respond to Henry's contract negotiating?
8. Which types of employment does Henry have as the story begins?
9. How does Henry respond to the information that the doctors are telling him at the end of Chapter 1?
10. What happens on Henry's trip to Rochester?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)