|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following aspects of the country life amazes Henry in Chapter 4?
(a) The lack of clocks.
(b) The topics of conversation.
(c) The abundance of food.
(d) The feeling of independence.
2. What does the coach from a different city offer Henry in an attempt to recruit him?
(a) A lighter schedule.
(b) More money.
(c) More money, a lighter schedule, and more vacation days.
(d) More vacation days.
3. What is Henry thinking about at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) The times he was mad at Bruce.
(b) The times Bruce helped him.
(c) The times he helped Bruce.
(d) The times he was supportive of Bruce.
4. What state is Henry traveling from to visit Bruce in the hospital?
(a) New York.
(c) New Jersey.
5. How does Holly react to Henry's joking when he tells her about Bruce's condition?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is appalled.
(c) She is surprised.
(d) She is confused.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Katie react to Henry's suggestion that she should get married?
2. What do Bruce's parents do to pass the time while sitting on their front porch?
3. What does Henry label the doctors after hearing about Bruce's condition?
4. How is the team doing as the season officially opens?
5. Which of the following surprises Henry about Bruce as they are driving?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Henry reminded of when Holly visits in Chapter 4?
2. What side note does Henry make before leaving in Chapter 1?
3. Who is Katie and why does she call Henry?
4. Which types of employment does Henry have as the story begins?
5. How does Henry convince Bruce that he is not dumb?
6. How is Bruce's condition causing him to think about things differently in Chapter 4?
7. Why does Henry leave a game of Tegwar in Chapter 8?
8. What happens on Henry's trip to Rochester?
9. How do Henry and Holly communicate while he is traveling with Bruce?
10. How does Dutch respond to Henry's contract negotiating?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)