|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision does Henry make about Bruce's illness in Chapter 2?
(a) To avoid talking about it with Bruce.
(b) Not to talk about it until after Bruce is in Georgia.
(c) To try to talk about it with Bruce.
(d) Not to talk about it until Bruce is ready.
2. Which of the following surprises Henry about Bruce as they are driving?
(a) He is laughing.
(b) He is singing, joking, and laughing.
(c) He is singing.
(d) He is joking.
3. How does Bruce respond to the team's decision to keep him?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is surprised.
(c) He is concerned.
(d) He is not surprised.
4. What title is Henry given as he begins playing baseball again?
(a) Team Captain.
(b) Player Representative.
(c) Team Representative.
(d) Pitching Captain.
5. As Henry is reminded at the end of Chapter 4, when did Bruce visit their apartment frequently?
(a) Earlier that year.
(b) Two years ago.
(c) The previous year.
(d) Several years before.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main thing that Sid is known for thinking about?
2. Which day does Henry receive the phone call in Chapter 1?
3. How long does Holly stay in Chapter 4?
4. What is Henry thinking about at the end of Chapter 3?
5. Where do Henry and Katie meet to talk about Bruce's condition?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which questions does Dutch ask Henry in Chapter 7?
2. How does Henry respond to the information that the doctors are telling him at the end of Chapter 1?
3. What does Henry do when he and Bruce are temporarily separated while touring?
4. What happens when Bruce steals a base?
5. Why does Bruce call Henry in Chapter 1?
6. As explained by Henry, how does Bruce begin playing sports?
7. Which things does Henry discuss with Katie at the restaurant?
8. How do Henry and Holly communicate while he is traveling with Bruce?
9. Who is Katie and why does she call Henry?
10. Why does Henry think that Bruce's father knows about Bruce's condition?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)