|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry receive during the contract negotiations?
(a) Extended vacation days.
(b) The team will pay his taxes.
(c) A bonus.
(d) Exntended vacation days, a bonus, and the team will pay his taxes.
2. Which position does Dutch have on the team?
(a) Assistant Manager.
(c) Pitching Coach.
(d) Batting Coach.
3. Which Georgia town is Bruce from?
4. How many people are watching Henry's Tegwar game in Chapter 8?
(a) A few people.
(b) No one but the participants.
(c) One person.
(d) A crowd.
5. How long does Holly stay in Chapter 4?
(a) One month.
(b) One day.
(c) One week.
(d) For the rest of the visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dutch react to the clause that Henry insists on including in his contract?
2. How many months has Holly been pregnant when Henry leaves for the hospital in Chapter 1?
3. Which decades did Bruce help his father with farm work?
4. What reason does Henry provide to Dutch for going to Minnesota?
5. What time is it when Henry receives the phone call in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tegwar?
2. As explained by Henry, how does Bruce begin playing sports?
3. How is the team doing with the new coaching and awareness of Bruce's condition?
4. How does Henry respond to Katie's threat and offer in Chapter 12?
5. What happens when Bruce steals a base?
6. Why is it particularly significant that Henry chews tobacco with Bruce?
7. What happens on Henry's trip to Rochester?
8. Why is the doctor delayed at getting to Bruce in Chapter 11, and how does Henry find out that Horse also knows about Bruce's condition?
9. Despite having a good season, what are some of the problems that the Mammoths are having in Chapter 9?
10. When does Bruce leave the team to go back home?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)