|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry indicate that everyone will find out about Bruce's condition?
(a) He does not know how other people will find out.
(b) From Dutch.
(c) From other players.
(d) From Joe's wife.
2. Why is Sid outraged with the party that he was not informed about at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) Because they only have parties when he is not there.
(b) Because they can never control the parties they have.
(c) Because they did not throw a party for him when he was close to breaking a record.
(d) Because they did not throw a party for him when he broke a record.
3. What is the name of the person that Henry is talking to in the elevator in Chapter 14?
4. What are the players complaining about as they look at their place in the league?
(a) The length of the season.
(b) The upcoming game.
(c) The previous game.
(d) The length of the practice.
5. Which month does Henry receive the phone call that Bruce has passed away?
6. According to the detective, where has Bruce been for medical treatment?
(a) Minnesota and Houston.
(b) Minnesota and Atlanta.
(c) Minnesota, Houston, and Atlanta.
(d) Houston and Atlanta.
7. Why is Henry's decision to chew tobacco with Bruce significant?
(a) Henry prefers chewing gum.
(b) Henry is allergic to tobacco.
(c) Henry had just chewed tobacco before Bruce asked.
(d) Henry does not like tobacco.
8. When does Bruce leave to go home to Georgia?
(a) After the first game of the World Series.
(b) Before the first game of the World Series.
(c) After the World Series is over.
(d) Halfway through the World Series.
9. Which inning is Bruce's last game called because of rain?
10. Which baseball player is Sid being compared to?
(a) Mickey Mantle.
(b) Lou Gehrig.
(c) Babe Ruth.
(d) Joe DiMaggio.
11. Based on the child's kicking, what career do Henry and Holly think their baby will have?
12. When does Henry get home after hearing that Holly is in labor?
(a) As the baby is being born.
(b) After the baby is born.
(c) Two days before the baby is born.
(d) A day before the baby is born.
13. How long after the show does a lawyer call up Henry about the name his group used?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) A couple of hours.
(c) One day.
(d) A couple of days.
14. How many times does Dutch ask Bruce to clarify that Bruce has never thought Dutch was not human?
(d) A few.
15. What is Henry trying to find out in Chapter 10?
(a) Katie's motives.
(b) Katie's financial situation.
(c) Katie's motives, her background, and her financial situation.
(d) Katie's background.
Short Answer Questions
1. What play's title do other team members use to tease Henry and Bruce?
2. How does Sid respond to the comparison between him and a famous baseball player?
3. What is Henry's response to Katie's threat in Chapter 12?
4. Who does Henry inadvertently tell about Bruce's condition in Chapter 9?
5. What does Dutch claim is the reason for the change in the team's playing?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)