|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Red's response to Henry's book?
(a) He thinks it does not have enough about Henry.
(b) He thinks it does not have enough about baseball.
(c) He thinks it does not have enough about insurance.
(d) He thinks it does not have enough about Bruce.
2. Besides his cowboy attire, which musical instrument does Piney have with him in Chapter 15?
(a) A harmonica.
(b) A banjo.
(c) A mandolin.
(d) A guitar.
3. How much money does Katie offer Henry to change Bruce's insurance policy in Chapter 12?
(a) Seven thousand dollars.
(b) Five thousand dollars.
(c) Two thousand dollars.
(d) Eight thousand dollars.
4. Which baseball player is Sid being compared to?
(a) Joe DiMaggio.
(b) Mickey Mantle.
(c) Babe Ruth.
(d) Lou Gehrig.
5. How are some players singing in the shower after the meeting in Chapter 9?
(c) Loudly, quietly, and moderately.
6. How many games is the team playing in Boston in Chapter 17?
(d) A few.
7. How far along is the season at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) It is over.
(b) It is nearly over.
(c) It is just starting.
(d) It is halfway done.
8. How old is Goose, prompting a celebration in Chapter 16?
(a) Thirty seven.
(c) Thirty five.
(d) Thirty eight.
9. Which object does Goose shoot in Chapter 16 to find out if there are bullets in the gun?
(a) A door.
(b) A wall.
(c) A window.
(d) A light.
10. What is Bruce doing in the hospital when he is visited by Henry and the coaches on the day after his last game?
(b) Playing cards.
11. Which month does Henry receive the phone call that Bruce has passed away?
12. When does Bruce leave to go home to Georgia?
(a) Before the first game of the World Series.
(b) Halfway through the World Series.
(c) After the first game of the World Series.
(d) After the World Series is over.
13. Who informs Henry that Bruce has passed away?
(c) Bruce's father.
14. Who is Goose arguing with about the bullets in the gun at the party in Chapter 16?
15. What is Henry trying to find out in Chapter 10?
(a) Katie's background.
(b) Katie's financial situation.
(c) Katie's motives.
(d) Katie's motives, her background, and her financial situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides catching, which other aspect of the game does Red teach Bruce?
2. Why is Henry's decision to chew tobacco with Bruce significant?
3. How many players know about Bruce's illness at the end of Chapter 13?
4. What idea does Henry get after the baby is born?
5. How does Henry indicate that everyone will find out about Bruce's condition?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)