|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dutch's wife learn about Bruce's condition?
(a) From Dutch.
(b) From Goose.
(c) From Joe's wife.
(d) From Tootsie.
2. What is Henry's response to Katie's threat in Chapter 12?
(a) He counters with a threat to tell the police about her activities.
(b) He laughs with confidence.
(c) He refuses to acknowledge it.
(d) He counters with a threat to tell Bruce why she is marrying him.
3. How old is Goose, prompting a celebration in Chapter 16?
(b) Thirty five.
(c) Thirty eight.
(d) Thirty seven.
4. Who is Goose arguing with about the bullets in the gun at the party in Chapter 16?
5. Why does Katie say she wants to go to dinner with Henry privately in Chapter 12?
(a) To plan the wedding.
(b) To plan a surprise party.
(c) To discuss a business matter.
(d) To discuss a personal issue.
6. Which baseball player is Sid being compared to?
(a) Lou Gehrig.
(b) Babe Ruth.
(c) Mickey Mantle.
(d) Joe DiMaggio.
7. How does Dutch react when he realizes that he was fooled by Henry in the contract dealings?
(a) He offers to pay Henry more money.
(b) He apologizes to Henry.
(c) He is concerned.
(d) He is confused.
8. Which of the players are drinking during the party in Chapter 16?
(a) Everyone except Henry and Goose.
(b) None of them.
(d) Everyone except Henry.
9. Which object does Goose shoot in Chapter 16 to find out if there are bullets in the gun?
(a) A door.
(b) A window.
(c) A wall.
(d) A light.
10. How long after the party is the game that the team loses in Chapter 16?
(a) The next week.
(b) Two days later.
(c) The next day.
(d) Three days later.
11. When does Henry get home after hearing that Holly is in labor?
(a) A day before the baby is born.
(b) After the baby is born.
(c) As the baby is being born.
(d) Two days before the baby is born.
12. Why does Dutch bring in Piney?
(a) To be a backup pitcher.
(b) To be a backup catcher.
(c) To be an assistant catching coach.
(d) To be an assistant pitching coach.
13. In baseball, which does Bruce like better, hitting or catching?
(b) It is not mentioned.
(c) He likes them both the same.
14. What are the players doing differently as a result of discovering Bruce's illness?
(a) Being nice to Bruce and ignoring old grudges.
(b) Being nice to Bruce, requesting more practices, and ignoring old grudges.
(c) Being nice to Bruce, requesting more practices, ignoring old grudges, and donating money to charity.
(d) Being nice to Bruce and requesting more practices.
15. How does Holly react to Henry's idea of only pretending to change the beneficiary of Bruce's insurance?
(a) She thinks there is another way.
(b) She is going to think about it.
(c) She disagrees.
(d) She agrees.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sid respond to the comparison between him and a famous baseball player?
2. Based on Red's suggestion, what does Henry take the pills with?
3. Besides the coaches and their wives, who is at the meeting that Henry walks into during Chapter 14?
4. Who tells Dutch about Bruce's condition?
5. How much money does Katie offer Henry to change Bruce's insurance policy in Chapter 12?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)