|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Joe collecting money from in Chapter 13?
(a) The players, the managers, and the coaches.
(b) The coaches.
(c) The players.
(d) The managers.
2. Who informs Henry that Bruce has passed away?
(b) Bruce's father.
3. How does Katie leave in Chapter 12?
4. Why does Dutch bring in Piney?
(a) To be an assistant pitching coach.
(b) To be a backup catcher.
(c) To be a backup pitcher.
(d) To be an assistant catching coach.
5. What is Red's response to Henry's book?
(a) He thinks it does not have enough about baseball.
(b) He thinks it does not have enough about insurance.
(c) He thinks it does not have enough about Henry.
(d) He thinks it does not have enough about Bruce.
6. What does Dutch do when he sees Piney wearing a gun belt?
(a) He removes the bullets.
(b) He confiscates the gun.
(c) He confiscates the gun and belt.
(d) He confiscates the gun, belt, and bullets.
7. How does Holly react to Henry's idea of only pretending to change the beneficiary of Bruce's insurance?
(a) She thinks there is another way.
(b) She agrees.
(c) She disagrees.
(d) She is going to think about it.
8. What does Bruce ask Henry to send him?
(a) His baseball uniform.
(b) His baseball cap.
(c) A scorecard from the games.
(d) The book Henry is writing.
9. Why does the doctor have to be picked up when Bruce has an attack in Chapter 11?
(a) He does not know how to get to where Bruce is.
(b) His chauffeur is not there.
(c) He does not have a car.
(d) His car is being repaired.
10. When does Henry get home after hearing that Holly is in labor?
(a) Two days before the baby is born.
(b) As the baby is being born.
(c) A day before the baby is born.
(d) After the baby is born.
11. Based on the child's kicking, what career do Henry and Holly think their baby will have?
12. What name do Henry, Bruce, and two other players use when they sing on a dinner show in Chapter 14?
(a) The Mammoth Four.
(b) The Mammoth Quartet.
(c) The Four Mammoths.
(d) The Singing Mammoths.
13. In what way do the announcers react to the player(s) that offer(s) a jacket to Bruce?
(a) They are impressed.
(b) They are appreciative.
(c) They are confused.
(d) They are shocked.
14. Where does Katie ask Henry to meet with her in another attempt to get the insurance policy changed?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A parked car.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A police station.
15. What is Bruce doing in the hospital when he is visited by Henry and the coaches on the day after his last game?
(a) Playing cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the person that Henry is talking to in the elevator in Chapter 14?
2. Who is sending Bruce false letters from the insurance company?
3. What is Henry trying to find out in Chapter 10?
4. How does Sid respond to the comparison between him and a famous baseball player?
5. Which insect does Dutch compare the team's season to?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)