|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which game does Henry play in before hearing that Holly is in labor?
(a) The National League Championship.
(b) The American League Championship.
(c) The World Series.
(d) The All-Star Game.
2. What disappoints Henry about Bruce's funeral?
(a) The ceremony is not long enough.
(b) More team members are not there.
(c) Bruce is not in his baseball uniform.
(d) More baseball fans are not there.
3. Who pays for the expensive dinner in Chapter 10?
4. What reason does Henry give to Katie for his lack of concern in losing his insurance job?
(a) He does not like to travel.
(b) He will be making money from his book.
(c) He does not like selling insurance.
(d) He is receiving a bonus from the team.
5. How long after the show does a lawyer call up Henry about the name his group used?
(a) A couple of hours.
(b) One day.
(c) A couple of days.
(d) Two weeks.
6. Who is playing Tegwar with Bruce in Chapter 13?
(b) Joe, Goose, and Horse.
7. What is Bruce doing in the hospital when he is visited by Henry and the coaches on the day after his last game?
(d) Playing cards.
8. Who tells Dutch about Bruce's condition?
(a) His wife.
9. How does Henry indicate that everyone will find out about Bruce's condition?
(a) From Joe's wife.
(b) From Dutch.
(c) From other players.
(d) He does not know how other people will find out.
10. Where are Henry, Bruce, and Sid when Henry notices that Sid knows about Bruce's condition?
(a) A car.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A practice.
(d) A game.
11. Besides catching, which other aspect of the game does Red teach Bruce?
(a) To help the outfield.
(b) To help the pitcher.
(c) To help the coaches.
(d) To help the infield.
12. How many times does Dutch ask Bruce to clarify that Bruce has never thought Dutch was not human?
(a) A few.
13. How many games is the team playing in Boston in Chapter 17?
(d) A few.
14. How much money does Katie offer Henry to change Bruce's insurance policy in Chapter 12?
(a) Eight thousand dollars.
(b) Seven thousand dollars.
(c) Two thousand dollars.
(d) Five thousand dollars.
15. How does Sid respond to the comparison between him and a famous baseball player?
(a) It inspires him.
(b) He is unaware of the comparison.
(c) It frustrates him.
(d) It flatters him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dutch's wife learn about Bruce's condition?
2. Why is Dutch not at the practice in Chapter 14?
3. How are the flowers selected to send to the funeral for Bruce's mother?
4. How long after the attack is Bruce's birthday?
5. What are the players complaining about as they look at their place in the league?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)