|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after the show does a lawyer call up Henry about the name his group used?
(a) One day.
(b) A couple of days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) A couple of hours.
2. What does Bruce ask Henry to send him?
(a) His baseball uniform.
(b) The book Henry is writing.
(c) His baseball cap.
(d) A scorecard from the games.
3. Besides his cowboy attire, which musical instrument does Piney have with him in Chapter 15?
(a) A harmonica.
(b) A mandolin.
(c) A guitar.
(d) A banjo.
4. Why does the doctor have to be picked up when Bruce has an attack in Chapter 11?
(a) His chauffeur is not there.
(b) He does not know how to get to where Bruce is.
(c) His car is being repaired.
(d) He does not have a car.
5. When does Henry get home after hearing that Holly is in labor?
(a) After the baby is born.
(b) A day before the baby is born.
(c) Two days before the baby is born.
(d) As the baby is being born.
6. What are the players doing differently as a result of discovering Bruce's illness?
(a) Being nice to Bruce and ignoring old grudges.
(b) Being nice to Bruce, requesting more practices, and ignoring old grudges.
(c) Being nice to Bruce, requesting more practices, ignoring old grudges, and donating money to charity.
(d) Being nice to Bruce and requesting more practices.
7. How does Henry indicate that everyone will find out about Bruce's condition?
(a) From Dutch.
(b) From other players.
(c) From Joe's wife.
(d) He does not know how other people will find out.
8. Based on Red's suggestion, what does Henry take the pills with?
(a) A Coke and coffee.
(b) A Coke and water.
(c) A Coke, coffee, and water.
(d) Coffee and water.
9. How does Henry let off some steam while thinking about things after talking about Bruce with his father?
(a) He trashes a hotel room.
(b) He breaks a window.
(c) He slams a door.
(d) He screams out the window.
10. Which of the players are drinking during the party in Chapter 16?
(a) Everyone except Henry and Goose.
(c) None of them.
(d) Everyone except Henry.
11. What does Dutch do when he sees Piney wearing a gun belt?
(a) He confiscates the gun, belt, and bullets.
(b) He removes the bullets.
(c) He confiscates the gun and belt.
(d) He confiscates the gun.
12. How can Henry tell that Sid might know about Bruce's condition?
(a) Sid's quietness.
(b) Sid is unusually talkative.
(c) The questions Sid is asking.
(d) Sid's kind attitude.
13. According to the detective, where has Bruce been for medical treatment?
(a) Minnesota, Houston, and Atlanta.
(b) Minnesota and Houston.
(c) Houston and Atlanta.
(d) Minnesota and Atlanta.
14. How are some players singing in the shower after the meeting in Chapter 9?
(c) Loudly, quietly, and moderately.
15. What are the players complaining about as they look at their place in the league?
(a) The previous game.
(b) The length of the practice.
(c) The length of the season.
(d) The upcoming game.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the title of the book come from?
2. Which object does Goose shoot in Chapter 16 to find out if there are bullets in the gun?
3. What is Red's response to Henry's book?
4. How many players offer to get Bruce a jacket when he says he is cold during a game?
5. How long after the party is the game that the team loses in Chapter 16?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)