Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Henry inadvertently tell about Bruce's condition in Chapter 9?
2. How long after the attack is Bruce's birthday?
(a) Two weeks later.
(b) The next week.
(c) The next day.
(d) Two days later.
3. Who tells Dutch about Bruce's condition?
(c) His wife.
4. How long after the party is the game that the team loses in Chapter 16?
(a) Two days later.
(b) The next day.
(c) Three days later.
(d) The next week.
5. Besides catching, which other aspect of the game does Red teach Bruce?
(a) To help the pitcher.
(b) To help the infield.
(c) To help the outfield.
(d) To help the coaches.
6. Who informs Henry that Bruce has passed away?
(c) Bruce's father.
7. How many players know about Bruce's illness at the end of Chapter 13?
(c) A few.
8. Who is Joe collecting money from in Chapter 13?
(a) The managers.
(b) The players, the managers, and the coaches.
(c) The players.
(d) The coaches.
9. How long has it been since Henry and Holly have been at Katie's house before Chapter 10?
(a) Many years.
(b) A few years.
(c) A year.
(d) Two years.
10. What is the name of the detective that Dutch introduces to Henry?
(a) Mr. Rogers.
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) Mr. Sullivan.
(d) Mr. Roberts.
11. What name do Henry, Bruce, and two other players use when they sing on a dinner show in Chapter 14?
(a) The Mammoth Four.
(b) The Singing Mammoths.
(c) The Mammoth Quartet.
(d) The Four Mammoths.
12. What does Bruce ask Henry to send him?
(a) His baseball cap.
(b) The book Henry is writing.
(c) A scorecard from the games.
(d) His baseball uniform.
13. Why does the doctor have to be picked up when Bruce has an attack in Chapter 11?
(a) His chauffeur is not there.
(b) His car is being repaired.
(c) He does not know how to get to where Bruce is.
(d) He does not have a car.
14. What is becoming apparent about the team as the season continues?
(a) They are listening to management more.
(b) They are not listening to management.
(c) They are working together as a team.
(d) They are not working together as a team.
15. As explained in Chapter 9, who is responsible for the success of the team?
(a) Most of the team.
(b) The entire team.
(c) A lot of key players.
(d) A few key players.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the detectives do when they are called to the room because of the shots fired by Goose?
2. How many games is the team playing in Boston in Chapter 17?
3. Besides his cowboy attire, which musical instrument does Piney have with him in Chapter 15?
4. Which type of a song are other players making up about Katie?
5. Which position did Red play before retiring?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)