|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry indicate that everyone will find out about Bruce's condition?
(a) From Joe's wife.
(b) From other players.
(c) He does not know how other people will find out.
(d) From Dutch.
2. How does Henry let off some steam while thinking about things after talking about Bruce with his father?
(a) He screams out the window.
(b) He breaks a window.
(c) He trashes a hotel room.
(d) He slams a door.
3. How much money does Katie offer Henry to change Bruce's insurance policy in Chapter 12?
(a) Seven thousand dollars.
(b) Five thousand dollars.
(c) Two thousand dollars.
(d) Eight thousand dollars.
4. What are the players complaining about as they look at their place in the league?
(a) The length of the practice.
(b) The upcoming game.
(c) The length of the season.
(d) The previous game.
5. How old is Goose, prompting a celebration in Chapter 16?
(b) Thirty eight.
(c) Thirty seven.
(d) Thirty five.
6. What type of trick is one of the players doing at the party in Chapter 16?
7. Who is Sid taking out his anger on?
(a) All of the managers.
(b) Anyone on the opposing team.
(c) Anyone nearby.
(d) All of the coaches.
8. How long has it been since Henry and Holly have been at Katie's house before Chapter 10?
(a) A few years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Many years.
(d) A year.
9. Which month does Henry receive the phone call that Bruce has passed away?
10. Who tells Dutch about Bruce's condition?
(d) His wife.
11. Which type of a song are other players making up about Katie?
12. Which of the players are drinking during the party in Chapter 16?
(a) None of them.
(c) Everyone except Henry.
(d) Everyone except Henry and Goose.
13. Why does the doctor have to be picked up when Bruce has an attack in Chapter 11?
(a) He does not know how to get to where Bruce is.
(b) His chauffeur is not there.
(c) His car is being repaired.
(d) He does not have a car.
14. How long after the show does a lawyer call up Henry about the name his group used?
(a) One day.
(b) A couple of hours.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) A couple of days.
15. How long after the party is the game that the team loses in Chapter 16?
(a) Two days later.
(b) The next day.
(c) The next week.
(d) Three days later.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Red's response to Henry's book?
2. Why is Henry's decision to chew tobacco with Bruce significant?
3. What name do Henry, Bruce, and two other players use when they sing on a dinner show in Chapter 14?
4. Where does Katie ask Henry to meet with her in another attempt to get the insurance policy changed?
5. In what way do the announcers react to the player(s) that offer(s) a jacket to Bruce?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)