|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Dutch ban in Chapter 9?
(a) Card playing and borrowing or lending money.
(b) Only borrowing or lending money.
(c) Neither card playing nor borrowing or lending money.
(d) Only card playing.
2. What does Dutch claim is the reason for the change in the team's playing?
(a) There are not enough coaches.
(b) There are too many players skipping practice.
(c) There are not enough practices.
(d) There are too many grudges.
3. What is the name of the person that Henry is talking to in the elevator in Chapter 14?
4. How long after the attack is Bruce's birthday?
(a) The next day.
(b) The next week.
(c) Two days later.
(d) Two weeks later.
5. How long has it been since Henry and Holly have been at Katie's house before Chapter 10?
(a) Two years.
(b) A few years.
(c) A year.
(d) Many years.
6. What does Bruce eventually realize about the teasing from the other players?
(a) It is about him, not Henry.
(b) It is about both him and Henry.
(c) It is about neither him nor Henry.
(d) It is about Henry, not him.
7. Besides the coaches and their wives, who is at the meeting that Henry walks into during Chapter 14?
(a) Doctors, detectives, and lawyers.
(b) Detectives and lawyers.
(c) Doctors and detectives.
(d) Doctors and lawyers.
8. How can Henry tell that Sid might know about Bruce's condition?
(a) Sid's kind attitude.
(b) The questions Sid is asking.
(c) Sid's quietness.
(d) Sid is unusually talkative.
9. Who pays for the expensive dinner in Chapter 10?
10. What idea does Henry get after the baby is born?
(a) To retire soon.
(b) To play less games.
(c) To write a song.
(d) To write a book.
11. In what way do the announcers react to the player(s) that offer(s) a jacket to Bruce?
(a) They are shocked.
(b) They are appreciative.
(c) They are impressed.
(d) They are confused.
12. What does Bruce ask Henry to send him?
(a) His baseball cap.
(b) His baseball uniform.
(c) A scorecard from the games.
(d) The book Henry is writing.
13. Which inning is Bruce's last game called because of rain?
14. Who tells Dutch about Bruce's condition?
(a) His wife.
15. What type of trick is one of the players doing at the party in Chapter 16?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is becoming apparent about the team as the season continues?
2. What is Red's response to Henry's book?
3. According to the detective, where has Bruce been for medical treatment?
4. What day is it that Bruce does not feel well?
5. Which type of a song are other players making up about Katie?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)