|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bruce respond to the passing of his mother?
(a) He is upset.
(b) He is calm.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is quiet.
2. Which name do Holly and Henry give to their baby?
3. Besides his cowboy attire, which musical instrument does Piney have with him in Chapter 15?
(a) A guitar.
(b) A banjo.
(c) A mandolin.
(d) A harmonica.
4. How long after the attack is Bruce's birthday?
(a) The next week.
(b) Two weeks later.
(c) The next day.
(d) Two days later.
5. How does Katie leave in Chapter 12?
6. What play's title do other team members use to tease Henry and Bruce?
(a) Romeo and Juliet.
(b) Much Ado About Nothing.
(d) Antony and Cleopatra.
7. Why is Sid outraged with the party that he was not informed about at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) Because they did not throw a party for him when he was close to breaking a record.
(b) Because they can never control the parties they have.
(c) Because they only have parties when he is not there.
(d) Because they did not throw a party for him when he broke a record.
8. Which of the following does Dutch ban in Chapter 9?
(a) Only card playing.
(b) Only borrowing or lending money.
(c) Card playing and borrowing or lending money.
(d) Neither card playing nor borrowing or lending money.
9. Who is Goose arguing with about the bullets in the gun at the party in Chapter 16?
10. How does Sid respond to the comparison between him and a famous baseball player?
(a) It inspires him.
(b) He is unaware of the comparison.
(c) It flatters him.
(d) It frustrates him.
11. Which game does Henry play in before hearing that Holly is in labor?
(a) The National League Championship.
(b) The All-Star Game.
(c) The World Series.
(d) The American League Championship.
12. What reason does Henry give to Katie for his lack of concern in losing his insurance job?
(a) He will be making money from his book.
(b) He is receiving a bonus from the team.
(c) He does not like selling insurance.
(d) He does not like to travel.
13. What are the players doing differently as a result of discovering Bruce's illness?
(a) Being nice to Bruce and requesting more practices.
(b) Being nice to Bruce, requesting more practices, ignoring old grudges, and donating money to charity.
(c) Being nice to Bruce, requesting more practices, and ignoring old grudges.
(d) Being nice to Bruce and ignoring old grudges.
14. How are some players singing in the shower after the meeting in Chapter 9?
(b) Loudly, quietly, and moderately.
15. What is Red's response to Henry's book?
(a) He thinks it does not have enough about Henry.
(b) He thinks it does not have enough about Bruce.
(c) He thinks it does not have enough about baseball.
(d) He thinks it does not have enough about insurance.
Short Answer Questions
1. In baseball, which does Bruce like better, hitting or catching?
2. In what way do the announcers react to the player(s) that offer(s) a jacket to Bruce?
3. What are the players complaining about as they look at their place in the league?
4. Who is Joe collecting money from in Chapter 13?
5. How does Dutch's wife learn about Bruce's condition?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)