|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bruce ask Henry to send him?
(a) The book Henry is writing.
(b) His baseball cap.
(c) His baseball uniform.
(d) A scorecard from the games.
2. How long after the party is the game that the team loses in Chapter 16?
(a) The next week.
(b) Three days later.
(c) Two days later.
(d) The next day.
3. What reason does Henry give to Katie for his lack of concern in losing his insurance job?
(a) He is receiving a bonus from the team.
(b) He will be making money from his book.
(c) He does not like to travel.
(d) He does not like selling insurance.
4. Which type of a song are other players making up about Katie?
5. What does Dutch do when he sees Piney wearing a gun belt?
(a) He removes the bullets.
(b) He confiscates the gun and belt.
(c) He confiscates the gun.
(d) He confiscates the gun, belt, and bullets.
6. Who is Joe collecting money from in Chapter 13?
(a) The managers.
(b) The players.
(c) The players, the managers, and the coaches.
(d) The coaches.
7. What disappoints Henry about Bruce's funeral?
(a) More team members are not there.
(b) More baseball fans are not there.
(c) The ceremony is not long enough.
(d) Bruce is not in his baseball uniform.
8. How many players offer to get Bruce a jacket when he says he is cold during a game?
9. Who is sending Bruce false letters from the insurance company?
(b) Both Holly and Henry.
(d) It is not revealed.
10. How are the flowers selected to send to the funeral for Bruce's mother?
(a) Henry selects them.
(b) Henry and Holly select them.
(c) Holly selects them.
(d) The girl at the telegraph office selects them.
11. How long after the attack is Bruce's birthday?
(a) The next day.
(b) Two days later.
(c) Two weeks later.
(d) The next week.
12. What does Bruce eventually realize about the teasing from the other players?
(a) It is about neither him nor Henry.
(b) It is about both him and Henry.
(c) It is about Henry, not him.
(d) It is about him, not Henry.
13. Which baseball player is Sid being compared to?
(a) Mickey Mantle.
(b) Babe Ruth.
(c) Lou Gehrig.
(d) Joe DiMaggio.
14. How much money does Katie offer Henry to change Bruce's insurance policy in Chapter 12?
(a) Five thousand dollars.
(b) Seven thousand dollars.
(c) Two thousand dollars.
(d) Eight thousand dollars.
15. What play's title do other team members use to tease Henry and Bruce?
(a) Much Ado About Nothing.
(b) Antony and Cleopatra.
(d) Romeo and Juliet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Katie threaten Henry in Chapter 12?
2. What is the name of the person that Henry is talking to in the elevator in Chapter 14?
3. What is Red's response to Henry's book?
4. How many players know about Bruce's illness at the end of Chapter 13?
5. How does Katie leave in Chapter 12?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)