|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after the party is the game that the team loses in Chapter 16?
(a) Two days later.
(b) Three days later.
(c) The next week.
(d) The next day.
2. Which month does Henry receive the phone call that Bruce has passed away?
3. What are the players complaining about as they look at their place in the league?
(a) The previous game.
(b) The length of the season.
(c) The length of the practice.
(d) The upcoming game.
4. How many times does Dutch ask Bruce to clarify that Bruce has never thought Dutch was not human?
(b) A few.
5. Who pays for the expensive dinner in Chapter 10?
6. Which name does Katie use to refer to Bruce in Chapter 10?
(a) My Little Old Future Husband.
(b) My Little New Future Husband.
(c) My Little New Husband.
(d) My Little Future Husband.
7. Which of the players are drinking during the party in Chapter 16?
(b) Everyone except Henry.
(c) Everyone except Henry and Goose.
(d) None of them.
8. Which name do Holly and Henry give to their baby?
9. How far along is the season at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) It is nearly over.
(b) It is just starting.
(c) It is over.
(d) It is halfway done.
10. What are the players doing differently as a result of discovering Bruce's illness?
(a) Being nice to Bruce and requesting more practices.
(b) Being nice to Bruce, requesting more practices, ignoring old grudges, and donating money to charity.
(c) Being nice to Bruce, requesting more practices, and ignoring old grudges.
(d) Being nice to Bruce and ignoring old grudges.
11. Who is playing Tegwar with Bruce in Chapter 13?
(d) Joe, Goose, and Horse.
12. How many games is the team playing in Boston in Chapter 17?
(d) A few.
13. How are some players singing in the shower after the meeting in Chapter 9?
(d) Loudly, quietly, and moderately.
14. Where does the title of the book come from?
(a) A saying.
(b) A poem.
(c) Another book.
(d) A song.
15. Why does Henry think it is gloomy to play in Boston?
(a) The fans are not very nice there.
(b) There is bad weather at the park.
(c) There is a longer distance to the plate for pitching.
(d) There are not enough fans in the park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sending Bruce false letters from the insurance company?
2. Why is Sid outraged with the party that he was not informed about at the end of Chapter 16?
3. What does Bruce ask Henry to send him?
4. How many players offer to get Bruce a jacket when he says he is cold during a game?
5. What does Bruce receive from other team members for his birthday?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)