|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Henry, Bruce, and Sid when Henry notices that Sid knows about Bruce's condition?
(a) A game.
(b) A car.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A practice.
2. Why is Dutch not at the practice in Chapter 14?
(a) His wife is in town.
(b) He has a meeting.
(c) He is out of town.
(d) A reason is not provided.
3. How does Bruce respond to the passing of his mother?
(a) He is quiet.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is upset.
(d) He is calm.
4. Which baseball player is Sid being compared to?
(a) Mickey Mantle.
(b) Lou Gehrig.
(c) Babe Ruth.
(d) Joe DiMaggio.
5. How can Henry tell that Sid might know about Bruce's condition?
(a) Sid's quietness.
(b) Sid is unusually talkative.
(c) Sid's kind attitude.
(d) The questions Sid is asking.
6. How many times does Dutch ask Bruce to clarify that Bruce has never thought Dutch was not human?
(b) A few.
7. How does Holly react to Henry's idea of only pretending to change the beneficiary of Bruce's insurance?
(a) She disagrees.
(b) She agrees.
(c) She is going to think about it.
(d) She thinks there is another way.
8. What day is it that Bruce does not feel well?
(a) Labor Day.
(d) Memorial Day.
9. How does Dutch react when he realizes that he was fooled by Henry in the contract dealings?
(a) He offers to pay Henry more money.
(b) He is concerned.
(c) He apologizes to Henry.
(d) He is confused.
10. What are the players complaining about as they look at their place in the league?
(a) The upcoming game.
(b) The length of the season.
(c) The previous game.
(d) The length of the practice.
11. How long after the party is the game that the team loses in Chapter 16?
(a) Three days later.
(b) The next day.
(c) The next week.
(d) Two days later.
12. What idea does Henry get after the baby is born?
(a) To play less games.
(b) To write a book.
(c) To retire soon.
(d) To write a song.
13. How far along is the season at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) It is halfway done.
(b) It is over.
(c) It is just starting.
(d) It is nearly over.
14. How does Dutch's wife learn about Bruce's condition?
(a) From Tootsie.
(b) From Joe's wife.
(c) From Goose.
(d) From Dutch.
15. What is Bruce doing in the hospital when he is visited by Henry and the coaches on the day after his last game?
(b) Playing cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is becoming apparent about the team as the season continues?
2. Why does the doctor have to be picked up when Bruce has an attack in Chapter 11?
3. Who is playing Tegwar with Bruce in Chapter 13?
4. What does Dutch do when he sees Piney wearing a gun belt?
5. How does Henry let off some steam while thinking about things after talking about Bruce with his father?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)