|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Bruce leave to go home to Georgia?
(a) After the first game of the World Series.
(b) After the World Series is over.
(c) Halfway through the World Series.
(d) Before the first game of the World Series.
2. Which of the following does Dutch ban in Chapter 9?
(a) Only card playing.
(b) Card playing and borrowing or lending money.
(c) Neither card playing nor borrowing or lending money.
(d) Only borrowing or lending money.
3. Which position did Red play before retiring?
(a) First Base.
4. Besides his cowboy attire, which musical instrument does Piney have with him in Chapter 15?
(a) A mandolin.
(b) A harmonica.
(c) A banjo.
(d) A guitar.
5. Why does Henry decide that he is finished teasing people?
(a) Life is short enough.
(b) He does not find it funny anymore.
(c) He knows that Bruce would want him to be nicer to people.
(d) He understands that teasing does not change things.
6. What is the name of the detective that Dutch introduces to Henry?
(a) Mr. Sullivan.
(b) Mr. Roberts.
(c) Mr. Rogers.
(d) Mr. Smith.
7. How does Holly react to Henry's idea of only pretending to change the beneficiary of Bruce's insurance?
(a) She thinks there is another way.
(b) She agrees.
(c) She disagrees.
(d) She is going to think about it.
8. What does Bruce eventually realize about the teasing from the other players?
(a) It is about him, not Henry.
(b) It is about both him and Henry.
(c) It is about Henry, not him.
(d) It is about neither him nor Henry.
9. In baseball, which does Bruce like better, hitting or catching?
(b) He likes them both the same.
(d) It is not mentioned.
10. What is Henry trying to find out in Chapter 10?
(a) Katie's background.
(b) Katie's motives, her background, and her financial situation.
(c) Katie's financial situation.
(d) Katie's motives.
11. How does Bruce respond to the passing of his mother?
(a) He is calm.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is quiet.
(d) He is upset.
12. When does Henry get home after hearing that Holly is in labor?
(a) Two days before the baby is born.
(b) As the baby is being born.
(c) After the baby is born.
(d) A day before the baby is born.
13. What day is it when Chapter 14 begins?
14. What does Bruce ask Henry to send him?
(a) His baseball uniform.
(b) A scorecard from the games.
(c) His baseball cap.
(d) The book Henry is writing.
15. Which baseball player is Sid being compared to?
(a) Lou Gehrig.
(b) Mickey Mantle.
(c) Babe Ruth.
(d) Joe DiMaggio.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can Henry tell that Sid might know about Bruce's condition?
2. Where are Henry, Bruce, and Sid when Henry notices that Sid knows about Bruce's condition?
3. What idea does Henry get after the baby is born?
4. What is Red's response to Henry's book?
5. How much money does Katie offer Henry to change Bruce's insurance policy in Chapter 12?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)