|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many players know about Bruce's illness at the end of Chapter 13?
(c) A few.
2. Who tells Dutch about Bruce's condition?
(b) His wife.
3. Why does Dutch bring in Piney?
(a) To be an assistant pitching coach.
(b) To be an assistant catching coach.
(c) To be a backup pitcher.
(d) To be a backup catcher.
4. What day is it when Chapter 14 begins?
5. Which name does Katie use to refer to Bruce in Chapter 10?
(a) My Little New Future Husband.
(b) My Little Future Husband.
(c) My Little Old Future Husband.
(d) My Little New Husband.
6. How old is Goose, prompting a celebration in Chapter 16?
(a) Thirty seven.
(b) Thirty eight.
(d) Thirty five.
7. Who is Goose arguing with about the bullets in the gun at the party in Chapter 16?
8. When does Bruce leave to go home to Georgia?
(a) Halfway through the World Series.
(b) After the first game of the World Series.
(c) After the World Series is over.
(d) Before the first game of the World Series.
9. What does Dutch claim is the reason for the change in the team's playing?
(a) There are too many players skipping practice.
(b) There are not enough practices.
(c) There are too many grudges.
(d) There are not enough coaches.
10. Besides catching, which other aspect of the game does Red teach Bruce?
(a) To help the outfield.
(b) To help the infield.
(c) To help the coaches.
(d) To help the pitcher.
11. What is Henry's response to Katie's offer in Chapter 12?
(a) He becomes angry.
(b) He says he will think about it.
(c) He ignores it.
(d) He rejects it.
12. What does Dutch do when he sees Piney wearing a gun belt?
(a) He confiscates the gun, belt, and bullets.
(b) He removes the bullets.
(c) He confiscates the gun.
(d) He confiscates the gun and belt.
13. How much money does Katie offer Henry to change Bruce's insurance policy in Chapter 12?
(a) Seven thousand dollars.
(b) Five thousand dollars.
(c) Two thousand dollars.
(d) Eight thousand dollars.
14. Based on the child's kicking, what career do Henry and Holly think their baby will have?
15. What do the detectives do when they are called to the room because of the shots fired by Goose?
(a) They fine Henry, but do not take the gun.
(b) They take the gun and fine Henry.
(c) They neither take the gun nor fine Henry.
(d) They take the gun, but do not fine Henry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Holly react to Henry's idea of only pretending to change the beneficiary of Bruce's insurance?
2. What is Bruce doing in the hospital when he is visited by Henry and the coaches on the day after his last game?
3. Who is playing Tegwar with Bruce in Chapter 13?
4. Which of the players are drinking during the party in Chapter 16?
5. According to the detective, where has Bruce been for medical treatment?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)