|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which insect does Dutch compare the team's season to?
2. How old is Goose, prompting a celebration in Chapter 16?
(a) Thirty seven.
(b) Thirty eight.
(d) Thirty five.
3. Who informs Henry that Bruce has passed away?
(a) Bruce's father.
4. Which object does Goose shoot in Chapter 16 to find out if there are bullets in the gun?
(a) A wall.
(b) A window.
(c) A light.
(d) A door.
5. What is the name of the detective that Dutch introduces to Henry?
(a) Mr. Smith.
(b) Mr. Roberts.
(c) Mr. Sullivan.
(d) Mr. Rogers.
6. Where does the title of the book come from?
(a) Another book.
(b) A song.
(c) A poem.
(d) A saying.
7. How far along is the season at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) It is nearly over.
(b) It is halfway done.
(c) It is just starting.
(d) It is over.
8. What do the detectives do when they are called to the room because of the shots fired by Goose?
(a) They fine Henry, but do not take the gun.
(b) They neither take the gun nor fine Henry.
(c) They take the gun and fine Henry.
(d) They take the gun, but do not fine Henry.
9. Why is Henry's decision to chew tobacco with Bruce significant?
(a) Henry prefers chewing gum.
(b) Henry is allergic to tobacco.
(c) Henry had just chewed tobacco before Bruce asked.
(d) Henry does not like tobacco.
10. What disappoints Henry about Bruce's funeral?
(a) Bruce is not in his baseball uniform.
(b) More baseball fans are not there.
(c) More team members are not there.
(d) The ceremony is not long enough.
11. What reason does Henry give to Katie for his lack of concern in losing his insurance job?
(a) He does not like selling insurance.
(b) He will be making money from his book.
(c) He does not like to travel.
(d) He is receiving a bonus from the team.
12. Who is Goose arguing with about the bullets in the gun at the party in Chapter 16?
13. Besides the coaches and their wives, who is at the meeting that Henry walks into during Chapter 14?
(a) Doctors and lawyers.
(b) Doctors, detectives, and lawyers.
(c) Detectives and lawyers.
(d) Doctors and detectives.
14. In what way do the announcers react to the player(s) that offer(s) a jacket to Bruce?
(a) They are confused.
(b) They are appreciative.
(c) They are impressed.
(d) They are shocked.
15. How does Bruce respond to the passing of his mother?
(a) He is upset.
(b) He is quiet.
(c) He is calm.
(d) He is angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry indicate that everyone will find out about Bruce's condition?
2. Besides catching, which other aspect of the game does Red teach Bruce?
3. What name do Henry, Bruce, and two other players use when they sing on a dinner show in Chapter 14?
4. How does Holly react to Henry's idea of only pretending to change the beneficiary of Bruce's insurance?
5. What is Red's response to Henry's book?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)