|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which type of a song are other players making up about Katie?
2. Who tells Dutch about Bruce's condition?
(d) His wife.
3. Why is Dutch not at the practice in Chapter 14?
(a) His wife is in town.
(b) He is out of town.
(c) He has a meeting.
(d) A reason is not provided.
4. What do the detectives do when they are called to the room because of the shots fired by Goose?
(a) They take the gun and fine Henry.
(b) They fine Henry, but do not take the gun.
(c) They take the gun, but do not fine Henry.
(d) They neither take the gun nor fine Henry.
5. How can Henry tell that Sid might know about Bruce's condition?
(a) Sid's quietness.
(b) The questions Sid is asking.
(c) Sid is unusually talkative.
(d) Sid's kind attitude.
6. Why does the doctor have to be picked up when Bruce has an attack in Chapter 11?
(a) His car is being repaired.
(b) He does not have a car.
(c) His chauffeur is not there.
(d) He does not know how to get to where Bruce is.
7. Which of the players are drinking during the party in Chapter 16?
(a) Everyone except Henry.
(c) Everyone except Henry and Goose.
(d) None of them.
8. Which baseball player is Sid being compared to?
(a) Joe DiMaggio.
(b) Lou Gehrig.
(c) Mickey Mantle.
(d) Babe Ruth.
9. Based on the child's kicking, what career do Henry and Holly think their baby will have?
10. How long after the show does a lawyer call up Henry about the name his group used?
(a) One day.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) A couple of days.
(d) A couple of hours.
11. Besides catching, which other aspect of the game does Red teach Bruce?
(a) To help the pitcher.
(b) To help the outfield.
(c) To help the coaches.
(d) To help the infield.
12. How far along is the season at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) It is over.
(b) It is halfway done.
(c) It is just starting.
(d) It is nearly over.
13. How are the flowers selected to send to the funeral for Bruce's mother?
(a) Holly selects them.
(b) Henry selects them.
(c) The girl at the telegraph office selects them.
(d) Henry and Holly select them.
14. Besides his cowboy attire, which musical instrument does Piney have with him in Chapter 15?
(a) A banjo.
(b) A guitar.
(c) A harmonica.
(d) A mandolin.
15. What are the players complaining about as they look at their place in the league?
(a) The length of the practice.
(b) The previous game.
(c) The length of the season.
(d) The upcoming game.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many games is the team playing in Boston in Chapter 17?
2. As explained in Chapter 9, who is responsible for the success of the team?
3. Why is Henry's decision to chew tobacco with Bruce significant?
4. How does Bruce respond to the passing of his mother?
5. What type of trick is one of the players doing at the party in Chapter 16?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)