|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Goose, prompting a celebration in Chapter 16?
(a) Thirty eight.
(b) Thirty seven.
(c) Thirty five.
2. Who is Joe collecting money from in Chapter 13?
(a) The players, the managers, and the coaches.
(b) The players.
(c) The coaches.
(d) The managers.
3. How does Sid respond to the comparison between him and a famous baseball player?
(a) It frustrates him.
(b) He is unaware of the comparison.
(c) It inspires him.
(d) It flatters him.
4. How many players know about Bruce's illness at the end of Chapter 13?
(b) A few.
5. How long has it been since Henry and Holly have been at Katie's house before Chapter 10?
(a) Many years.
(b) A year.
(c) A few years.
(d) Two years.
6. Who does Henry inadvertently tell about Bruce's condition in Chapter 9?
7. Where does Katie ask Henry to meet with her in another attempt to get the insurance policy changed?
(a) A police station.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A parked car.
8. What is Red's response to Henry's book?
(a) He thinks it does not have enough about baseball.
(b) He thinks it does not have enough about Bruce.
(c) He thinks it does not have enough about insurance.
(d) He thinks it does not have enough about Henry.
9. Which name does Katie use to refer to Bruce in Chapter 10?
(a) My Little New Husband.
(b) My Little Old Future Husband.
(c) My Little New Future Husband.
(d) My Little Future Husband.
10. What is Henry trying to find out in Chapter 10?
(a) Katie's motives, her background, and her financial situation.
(b) Katie's financial situation.
(c) Katie's background.
(d) Katie's motives.
11. Where does the title of the book come from?
(a) A poem.
(b) Another book.
(c) A saying.
(d) A song.
12. What is Bruce doing in the hospital when he is visited by Henry and the coaches on the day after his last game?
(c) Playing cards.
13. What idea does Henry get after the baby is born?
(a) To write a song.
(b) To retire soon.
(c) To play less games.
(d) To write a book.
14. Why does Henry think it is gloomy to play in Boston?
(a) The fans are not very nice there.
(b) There is a longer distance to the plate for pitching.
(c) There are not enough fans in the park.
(d) There is bad weather at the park.
15. How does Dutch react when he realizes that he was fooled by Henry in the contract dealings?
(a) He offers to pay Henry more money.
(b) He apologizes to Henry.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is concerned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day is it that Bruce does not feel well?
2. How does Bruce respond to the passing of his mother?
3. Why is Dutch not at the practice in Chapter 14?
4. Based on the child's kicking, what career do Henry and Holly think their baby will have?
5. Which position did Red play before retiring?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)