|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day is it when Chapter 14 begins?
2. How many players know about Bruce's illness at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) A few.
3. Why is Dutch not at the practice in Chapter 14?
(a) His wife is in town.
(b) He has a meeting.
(c) He is out of town.
(d) A reason is not provided.
4. Besides catching, which other aspect of the game does Red teach Bruce?
(a) To help the infield.
(b) To help the pitcher.
(c) To help the coaches.
(d) To help the outfield.
5. Which inning is Bruce's last game called because of rain?
6. Which game does Henry play in before hearing that Holly is in labor?
(a) The American League Championship.
(b) The All-Star Game.
(c) The National League Championship.
(d) The World Series.
7. Where does the title of the book come from?
(a) Another book.
(b) A poem.
(c) A song.
(d) A saying.
8. What type of trick is one of the players doing at the party in Chapter 16?
9. How are some players singing in the shower after the meeting in Chapter 9?
(c) Loudly, quietly, and moderately.
10. How does Henry let off some steam while thinking about things after talking about Bruce with his father?
(a) He slams a door.
(b) He screams out the window.
(c) He breaks a window.
(d) He trashes a hotel room.
11. How much money does Katie offer Henry to change Bruce's insurance policy in Chapter 12?
(a) Eight thousand dollars.
(b) Five thousand dollars.
(c) Seven thousand dollars.
(d) Two thousand dollars.
12. What day is it that Bruce does not feel well?
(a) Memorial Day.
(c) Labor Day.
13. How many players offer to get Bruce a jacket when he says he is cold during a game?
14. Why does Henry think it is gloomy to play in Boston?
(a) There are not enough fans in the park.
(b) The fans are not very nice there.
(c) There is bad weather at the park.
(d) There is a longer distance to the plate for pitching.
15. Besides the coaches and their wives, who is at the meeting that Henry walks into during Chapter 14?
(a) Doctors and lawyers.
(b) Doctors, detectives, and lawyers.
(c) Detectives and lawyers.
(d) Doctors and detectives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disappoints Henry about Bruce's funeral?
2. In what way do the announcers react to the player(s) that offer(s) a jacket to Bruce?
3. How many games is the team playing in Boston in Chapter 17?
4. When does Henry get home after hearing that Holly is in labor?
5. What is Henry trying to find out in Chapter 10?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)