|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry indicate that everyone will find out about Bruce's condition?
(a) From Dutch.
(b) From other players.
(c) From Joe's wife.
(d) He does not know how other people will find out.
2. According to the detective, where has Bruce been for medical treatment?
(a) Houston and Atlanta.
(b) Minnesota and Atlanta.
(c) Minnesota and Houston.
(d) Minnesota, Houston, and Atlanta.
3. How does Holly react to Henry's idea of only pretending to change the beneficiary of Bruce's insurance?
(a) She disagrees.
(b) She agrees.
(c) She thinks there is another way.
(d) She is going to think about it.
4. Besides his cowboy attire, which musical instrument does Piney have with him in Chapter 15?
(a) A mandolin.
(b) A harmonica.
(c) A banjo.
(d) A guitar.
5. When does Bruce leave to go home to Georgia?
(a) After the World Series is over.
(b) Halfway through the World Series.
(c) After the first game of the World Series.
(d) Before the first game of the World Series.
6. Who is sending Bruce false letters from the insurance company?
(a) It is not revealed.
(c) Both Holly and Henry.
7. How many players know about Bruce's illness at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) A few.
8. Which of the players are drinking during the party in Chapter 16?
(a) Everyone except Henry and Goose.
(b) Everyone except Henry.
(c) None of them.
9. What does Bruce eventually realize about the teasing from the other players?
(a) It is about both him and Henry.
(b) It is about him, not Henry.
(c) It is about neither him nor Henry.
(d) It is about Henry, not him.
10. How does Katie leave in Chapter 12?
11. In baseball, which does Bruce like better, hitting or catching?
(a) He likes them both the same.
(d) It is not mentioned.
12. What are the players doing differently as a result of discovering Bruce's illness?
(a) Being nice to Bruce and ignoring old grudges.
(b) Being nice to Bruce and requesting more practices.
(c) Being nice to Bruce, requesting more practices, ignoring old grudges, and donating money to charity.
(d) Being nice to Bruce, requesting more practices, and ignoring old grudges.
13. What does Bruce receive from other team members for his birthday?
(a) Cake, ice cream, and tobacco.
(b) Cake, ice cream, tobacco, and a new catcher's mitt.
(c) Cake, ice cream, and a new catcher's mitt.
(d) Cake, ice cream, a new catcher's mitt, and a deck of cards.
14. Why does Dutch bring in Piney?
(a) To be a backup pitcher.
(b) To be an assistant catching coach.
(c) To be a backup catcher.
(d) To be an assistant pitching coach.
15. Who is Joe collecting money from in Chapter 13?
(a) The coaches.
(b) The players.
(c) The players, the managers, and the coaches.
(d) The managers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sid outraged with the party that he was not informed about at the end of Chapter 16?
2. Which name do Holly and Henry give to their baby?
3. What disappoints Henry about Bruce's funeral?
4. What is Henry's response to Katie's offer in Chapter 12?
5. Based on the child's kicking, what career do Henry and Holly think their baby will have?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)