|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of trick is one of the players doing at the party in Chapter 16?
2. What is Bruce doing in the hospital when he is visited by Henry and the coaches on the day after his last game?
(c) Playing cards.
3. Which inning is Bruce's last game called because of rain?
4. As explained in Chapter 9, who is responsible for the success of the team?
(a) Most of the team.
(b) A few key players.
(c) A lot of key players.
(d) The entire team.
5. Based on Red's suggestion, what does Henry take the pills with?
(a) A Coke and coffee.
(b) A Coke and water.
(c) A Coke, coffee, and water.
(d) Coffee and water.
6. Who is Sid taking out his anger on?
(a) Anyone nearby.
(b) All of the managers.
(c) All of the coaches.
(d) Anyone on the opposing team.
7. Which type of a song are other players making up about Katie?
8. Based on the child's kicking, what career do Henry and Holly think their baby will have?
9. In what way do the announcers react to the player(s) that offer(s) a jacket to Bruce?
(a) They are appreciative.
(b) They are confused.
(c) They are shocked.
(d) They are impressed.
10. How much money does Katie offer Henry to change Bruce's insurance policy in Chapter 12?
(a) Five thousand dollars.
(b) Seven thousand dollars.
(c) Eight thousand dollars.
(d) Two thousand dollars.
11. In baseball, which does Bruce like better, hitting or catching?
(a) It is not mentioned.
(c) He likes them both the same.
12. What is Henry's response to Katie's threat in Chapter 12?
(a) He refuses to acknowledge it.
(b) He laughs with confidence.
(c) He counters with a threat to tell the police about her activities.
(d) He counters with a threat to tell Bruce why she is marrying him.
13. How does Henry indicate that everyone will find out about Bruce's condition?
(a) He does not know how other people will find out.
(b) From other players.
(c) From Joe's wife.
(d) From Dutch.
14. How many players offer to get Bruce a jacket when he says he is cold during a game?
15. Which name do Holly and Henry give to their baby?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who informs Henry that Bruce has passed away?
2. What is becoming apparent about the team as the season continues?
3. What is the name of the person that Henry is talking to in the elevator in Chapter 14?
4. Where does Katie ask Henry to meet with her in another attempt to get the insurance policy changed?
5. How does Dutch's wife learn about Bruce's condition?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)