|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which position did Red play before retiring?
(a) First Base.
2. Which inning is Bruce's last game called because of rain?
3. How does Dutch react when he realizes that he was fooled by Henry in the contract dealings?
(a) He apologizes to Henry.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is concerned.
(d) He offers to pay Henry more money.
4. What are the players doing differently as a result of discovering Bruce's illness?
(a) Being nice to Bruce, requesting more practices, and ignoring old grudges.
(b) Being nice to Bruce and ignoring old grudges.
(c) Being nice to Bruce, requesting more practices, ignoring old grudges, and donating money to charity.
(d) Being nice to Bruce and requesting more practices.
5. Who is sending Bruce false letters from the insurance company?
(a) Both Holly and Henry.
(d) It is not revealed.
6. What does Dutch claim is the reason for the change in the team's playing?
(a) There are not enough practices.
(b) There are too many players skipping practice.
(c) There are too many grudges.
(d) There are not enough coaches.
7. How does Dutch's wife learn about Bruce's condition?
(a) From Tootsie.
(b) From Joe's wife.
(c) From Goose.
(d) From Dutch.
8. Why does Henry think it is gloomy to play in Boston?
(a) There are not enough fans in the park.
(b) The fans are not very nice there.
(c) There is bad weather at the park.
(d) There is a longer distance to the plate for pitching.
9. When does Bruce leave to go home to Georgia?
(a) Before the first game of the World Series.
(b) After the World Series is over.
(c) Halfway through the World Series.
(d) After the first game of the World Series.
10. Who is Sid taking out his anger on?
(a) All of the managers.
(b) Anyone nearby.
(c) All of the coaches.
(d) Anyone on the opposing team.
11. How much money does Katie offer Henry to change Bruce's insurance policy in Chapter 12?
(a) Two thousand dollars.
(b) Five thousand dollars.
(c) Seven thousand dollars.
(d) Eight thousand dollars.
12. What day is it when Chapter 14 begins?
13. Who informs Henry that Bruce has passed away?
(d) Bruce's father.
14. Based on Red's suggestion, what does Henry take the pills with?
(a) A Coke and coffee.
(b) A Coke and water.
(c) Coffee and water.
(d) A Coke, coffee, and water.
15. How many players offer to get Bruce a jacket when he says he is cold during a game?
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides catching, which other aspect of the game does Red teach Bruce?
2. Why is Sid outraged with the party that he was not informed about at the end of Chapter 16?
3. Why does Dutch bring in Piney?
4. What disappoints Henry about Bruce's funeral?
5. How does Katie leave in Chapter 12?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)