|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henry's response to Katie's offer in Chapter 12?
(a) He ignores it.
(b) He rejects it.
(c) He becomes angry.
(d) He says he will think about it.
2. What reason does Henry give to Katie for his lack of concern in losing his insurance job?
(a) He does not like to travel.
(b) He is receiving a bonus from the team.
(c) He does not like selling insurance.
(d) He will be making money from his book.
3. How does Katie leave in Chapter 12?
4. Which insect does Dutch compare the team's season to?
5. How many times does Dutch ask Bruce to clarify that Bruce has never thought Dutch was not human?
(d) A few.
6. What day is it when Chapter 14 begins?
7. Why does the doctor have to be picked up when Bruce has an attack in Chapter 11?
(a) His chauffeur is not there.
(b) He does not know how to get to where Bruce is.
(c) His car is being repaired.
(d) He does not have a car.
8. What idea does Henry get after the baby is born?
(a) To play less games.
(b) To write a book.
(c) To retire soon.
(d) To write a song.
9. Besides his cowboy attire, which musical instrument does Piney have with him in Chapter 15?
(a) A harmonica.
(b) A guitar.
(c) A banjo.
(d) A mandolin.
10. Who is sending Bruce false letters from the insurance company?
(c) It is not revealed.
(d) Both Holly and Henry.
11. Why does Dutch bring in Piney?
(a) To be an assistant pitching coach.
(b) To be a backup pitcher.
(c) To be an assistant catching coach.
(d) To be a backup catcher.
12. How does Dutch react when he realizes that he was fooled by Henry in the contract dealings?
(a) He is concerned.
(b) He offers to pay Henry more money.
(c) He apologizes to Henry.
(d) He is confused.
13. How old is Goose, prompting a celebration in Chapter 16?
(b) Thirty five.
(c) Thirty eight.
(d) Thirty seven.
14. What does Dutch claim is the reason for the change in the team's playing?
(a) There are not enough coaches.
(b) There are too many players skipping practice.
(c) There are too many grudges.
(d) There are not enough practices.
15. How long after the attack is Bruce's birthday?
(a) The next day.
(b) Two weeks later.
(c) The next week.
(d) Two days later.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is becoming apparent about the team as the season continues?
2. According to the detective, where has Bruce been for medical treatment?
3. When does Bruce leave to go home to Georgia?
4. Who is Joe collecting money from in Chapter 13?
5. How does Holly react to Henry's idea of only pretending to change the beneficiary of Bruce's insurance?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)