|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which position did Red play before retiring?
(d) First Base.
2. Which inning is Bruce's last game called because of rain?
3. Which baseball player is Sid being compared to?
(a) Joe DiMaggio.
(b) Babe Ruth.
(c) Mickey Mantle.
(d) Lou Gehrig.
4. When does Henry get home after hearing that Holly is in labor?
(a) After the baby is born.
(b) Two days before the baby is born.
(c) As the baby is being born.
(d) A day before the baby is born.
5. What is Red's response to Henry's book?
(a) He thinks it does not have enough about insurance.
(b) He thinks it does not have enough about Bruce.
(c) He thinks it does not have enough about Henry.
(d) He thinks it does not have enough about baseball.
6. Why does Henry think it is gloomy to play in Boston?
(a) The fans are not very nice there.
(b) There is bad weather at the park.
(c) There is a longer distance to the plate for pitching.
(d) There are not enough fans in the park.
7. Which game does Henry play in before hearing that Holly is in labor?
(a) The American League Championship.
(b) The All-Star Game.
(c) The World Series.
(d) The National League Championship.
8. How long has it been since Henry and Holly have been at Katie's house before Chapter 10?
(a) A year.
(b) Many years.
(c) A few years.
(d) Two years.
9. What are the players doing differently as a result of discovering Bruce's illness?
(a) Being nice to Bruce and requesting more practices.
(b) Being nice to Bruce, requesting more practices, ignoring old grudges, and donating money to charity.
(c) Being nice to Bruce, requesting more practices, and ignoring old grudges.
(d) Being nice to Bruce and ignoring old grudges.
10. What disappoints Henry about Bruce's funeral?
(a) Bruce is not in his baseball uniform.
(b) The ceremony is not long enough.
(c) More team members are not there.
(d) More baseball fans are not there.
11. Which type of a song are other players making up about Katie?
12. When does Bruce leave to go home to Georgia?
(a) Before the first game of the World Series.
(b) After the first game of the World Series.
(c) After the World Series is over.
(d) Halfway through the World Series.
13. What is the name of the person that Henry is talking to in the elevator in Chapter 14?
14. What is Henry's response to Katie's threat in Chapter 12?
(a) He laughs with confidence.
(b) He counters with a threat to tell Bruce why she is marrying him.
(c) He counters with a threat to tell the police about her activities.
(d) He refuses to acknowledge it.
15. Why is Sid outraged with the party that he was not informed about at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) Because they can never control the parties they have.
(b) Because they did not throw a party for him when he was close to breaking a record.
(c) Because they only have parties when he is not there.
(d) Because they did not throw a party for him when he broke a record.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the detectives do when they are called to the room because of the shots fired by Goose?
2. How does Dutch react when he realizes that he was fooled by Henry in the contract dealings?
3. What play's title do other team members use to tease Henry and Bruce?
4. How are the flowers selected to send to the funeral for Bruce's mother?
5. Who is sending Bruce false letters from the insurance company?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)