|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on the child's kicking, what career do Henry and Holly think their baby will have?
2. Why does the doctor have to be picked up when Bruce has an attack in Chapter 11?
(a) He does not know how to get to where Bruce is.
(b) His chauffeur is not there.
(c) His car is being repaired.
(d) He does not have a car.
3. As explained in Chapter 9, who is responsible for the success of the team?
(a) Most of the team.
(b) The entire team.
(c) A lot of key players.
(d) A few key players.
4. Which inning is Bruce's last game called because of rain?
5. Why is Henry's decision to chew tobacco with Bruce significant?
(a) Henry is allergic to tobacco.
(b) Henry had just chewed tobacco before Bruce asked.
(c) Henry does not like tobacco.
(d) Henry prefers chewing gum.
6. What are the players doing differently as a result of discovering Bruce's illness?
(a) Being nice to Bruce, requesting more practices, ignoring old grudges, and donating money to charity.
(b) Being nice to Bruce, requesting more practices, and ignoring old grudges.
(c) Being nice to Bruce and ignoring old grudges.
(d) Being nice to Bruce and requesting more practices.
7. Which name does Katie use to refer to Bruce in Chapter 10?
(a) My Little Old Future Husband.
(b) My Little New Future Husband.
(c) My Little Future Husband.
(d) My Little New Husband.
8. Who is Sid taking out his anger on?
(a) All of the coaches.
(b) Anyone nearby.
(c) All of the managers.
(d) Anyone on the opposing team.
9. How does Holly react to Henry's idea of only pretending to change the beneficiary of Bruce's insurance?
(a) She agrees.
(b) She disagrees.
(c) She thinks there is another way.
(d) She is going to think about it.
10. How many games is the team playing in Boston in Chapter 17?
(c) A few.
11. What does Dutch do when he sees Piney wearing a gun belt?
(a) He confiscates the gun.
(b) He confiscates the gun and belt.
(c) He confiscates the gun, belt, and bullets.
(d) He removes the bullets.
12. When does Bruce leave to go home to Georgia?
(a) Before the first game of the World Series.
(b) After the first game of the World Series.
(c) Halfway through the World Series.
(d) After the World Series is over.
13. How are the flowers selected to send to the funeral for Bruce's mother?
(a) Henry selects them.
(b) Henry and Holly select them.
(c) The girl at the telegraph office selects them.
(d) Holly selects them.
14. What play's title do other team members use to tease Henry and Bruce?
(a) Antony and Cleopatra.
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) Much Ado About Nothing.
15. According to the detective, where has Bruce been for medical treatment?
(a) Minnesota and Houston.
(b) Houston and Atlanta.
(c) Minnesota, Houston, and Atlanta.
(d) Minnesota and Atlanta.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the detectives do when they are called to the room because of the shots fired by Goose?
2. Besides the coaches and their wives, who is at the meeting that Henry walks into during Chapter 14?
3. Which game does Henry play in before hearing that Holly is in labor?
4. Besides catching, which other aspect of the game does Red teach Bruce?
5. What is becoming apparent about the team as the season continues?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)