|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which name does Katie use to refer to Bruce in Chapter 10?
(a) My Little Old Future Husband.
(b) My Little Future Husband.
(c) My Little New Husband.
(d) My Little New Future Husband.
2. What does Bruce eventually realize about the teasing from the other players?
(a) It is about both him and Henry.
(b) It is about neither him nor Henry.
(c) It is about Henry, not him.
(d) It is about him, not Henry.
3. What name do Henry, Bruce, and two other players use when they sing on a dinner show in Chapter 14?
(a) The Four Mammoths.
(b) The Singing Mammoths.
(c) The Mammoth Quartet.
(d) The Mammoth Four.
4. What disappoints Henry about Bruce's funeral?
(a) More baseball fans are not there.
(b) The ceremony is not long enough.
(c) Bruce is not in his baseball uniform.
(d) More team members are not there.
5. According to the detective, where has Bruce been for medical treatment?
(a) Minnesota, Houston, and Atlanta.
(b) Houston and Atlanta.
(c) Minnesota and Atlanta.
(d) Minnesota and Houston.
6. What do the detectives do when they are called to the room because of the shots fired by Goose?
(a) They neither take the gun nor fine Henry.
(b) They fine Henry, but do not take the gun.
(c) They take the gun and fine Henry.
(d) They take the gun, but do not fine Henry.
7. What are the players doing differently as a result of discovering Bruce's illness?
(a) Being nice to Bruce and requesting more practices.
(b) Being nice to Bruce and ignoring old grudges.
(c) Being nice to Bruce, requesting more practices, and ignoring old grudges.
(d) Being nice to Bruce, requesting more practices, ignoring old grudges, and donating money to charity.
8. What does Bruce receive from other team members for his birthday?
(a) Cake, ice cream, a new catcher's mitt, and a deck of cards.
(b) Cake, ice cream, tobacco, and a new catcher's mitt.
(c) Cake, ice cream, and tobacco.
(d) Cake, ice cream, and a new catcher's mitt.
9. Besides his cowboy attire, which musical instrument does Piney have with him in Chapter 15?
(a) A banjo.
(b) A mandolin.
(c) A guitar.
(d) A harmonica.
10. How many players know about Bruce's illness at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) A few.
11. What does Dutch do when he sees Piney wearing a gun belt?
(a) He confiscates the gun, belt, and bullets.
(b) He removes the bullets.
(c) He confiscates the gun.
(d) He confiscates the gun and belt.
12. Why does the doctor have to be picked up when Bruce has an attack in Chapter 11?
(a) He does not know how to get to where Bruce is.
(b) His chauffeur is not there.
(c) He does not have a car.
(d) His car is being repaired.
13. How long after the party is the game that the team loses in Chapter 16?
(a) Three days later.
(b) Two days later.
(c) The next week.
(d) The next day.
14. How can Henry tell that Sid might know about Bruce's condition?
(a) Sid's quietness.
(b) Sid is unusually talkative.
(c) Sid's kind attitude.
(d) The questions Sid is asking.
15. When does Henry get home after hearing that Holly is in labor?
(a) Two days before the baby is born.
(b) After the baby is born.
(c) As the baby is being born.
(d) A day before the baby is born.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Bruce leave to go home to Georgia?
2. Which month does Henry receive the phone call that Bruce has passed away?
3. How long has it been since Henry and Holly have been at Katie's house before Chapter 10?
4. What is the name of the detective that Dutch introduces to Henry?
5. Which object does Goose shoot in Chapter 16 to find out if there are bullets in the gun?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)