Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Henry typically sell insurance to?
(a) Friends from college.
(b) Friends from baseball and college.
(c) Friends from college and local businesses.
(d) Friends from baseball.
2. What decision does Henry make about Bruce's illness in Chapter 2?
(a) Not to talk about it until Bruce is ready.
(b) To avoid talking about it with Bruce.
(c) Not to talk about it until after Bruce is in Georgia.
(d) To try to talk about it with Bruce.
3. What causes Henry to think that Bruce's father knows about his condition?
(a) He saw the telegram from the hospital.
(b) The amount of money he is willing to give during a game.
(c) Specific things he says in conversation.
(d) He saw him reading the medical letter.
4. Which reference does Henry make in order to convince Bruce that he is not stupid?
(a) Bruce's knowledge of sports statistics.
(b) Bruce's knowledge of sports strategies.
(c) Bruce's knowledge of various cities.
(d) Bruce 's knowledge of nature.
5. What causes Dutch to agree to the clause that Henry insists on including in his contract?
(a) The opinion of the team owner.
(b) Henry's explanation.
(c) Henry's pitching skills.
(d) The look in Henry's eyes.
6. How many people are watching Henry's Tegwar game in Chapter 8?
(a) No one but the participants.
(b) A crowd.
(c) One person.
(d) A few people.
7. In what way does the group read and discuss each piece of mail in Chapter 4?
8. Different from the earlier location given in the book, which of these is actually Bruce's hometown?
(a) Millsboro, Georgia.
(b) Mill Creek, Georgia.
(c) Mill Station, Georgia.
(d) Mill, Georgia.
9. What is Henry's initial reaction to what the doctors tell him about Bruce in Chapter 1?
(a) He is quiet.
(b) He is upset.
(c) He is nervous.
(d) He is confused.
10. How does Holly react to Henry's joking when he tells her about Bruce's condition?
(a) She is surprised.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is appalled.
(d) She is angry.
11. Which things does Bruce remember when he thinks about the times he put his life at risk?
(a) Doing dangerous work, participating in sports, and playing in unsafe places.
(b) Doing dangerous work, participating in sports, and going to War.
(c) Playing in unsafe places, participating in sports, and going to War.
(d) Doing dangerous work, playing in unsafe places, and going to War.
12. How does Katie react to Henry's suggestion that she should get married?
(a) She leaves.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She agrees to think about it.
(d) She does not respond.
13. Which Georgia town is Bruce from?
14. Which day does Henry receive the phone call in Chapter 1?
15. What time is it when Henry receives the phone call in Chapter 1?
(a) Ten a.m.
(b) Ten p.m.
(c) One a.m.
(d) One p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bruce respond to the team's decision to keep him?
2. According to the story that Henry tells Dutch, why did he and Bruce go to Bruce's parents' house?
3. Where does the team gather for training in Chapter 5?
4. Besides selling insurance and playing baseball, what does Henry do?
5. As Henry is reminded at the end of Chapter 4, when did Bruce visit their apartment frequently?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)