|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Bruce call Henry during the phone call in Chapter 1?
2. Which one of the following is not mentioned as something that Henry does while waiting for his contract negotiation?
(a) Practicing his pitching.
(b) Lounging on the beach.
(c) Playing badminton.
(d) Having games of Tegwar.
3. How many baseball seasons did Bruce play in college?
(c) A few.
4. Which of the following is the name of the insurance company that Henry sells insurance with?
5. How long does the group wait for the mail each morning in Chapter 4?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Several hours.
(c) One hour.
(d) A few hours.
6. Why is Dutch outraged about Bruce's successful attempt at stealing a base?
(a) He could have been injured.
(b) He did it without instruction.
(c) He did it even though he was instructed not to.
(d) He used a new sliding technique.
7. Which reference does Henry make in order to convince Bruce that he is not stupid?
(a) Bruce's knowledge of sports strategies.
(b) Bruce's knowledge of sports statistics.
(c) Bruce's knowledge of various cities.
(d) Bruce 's knowledge of nature.
8. Who is wondering why Bruce is being played in the games?
(a) Other players.
9. What university recruited Bruce to play baseball?
(a) Central States University.
(b) Western States University.
(c) Eastern States University.
(d) Southern States University.
10. Which things does Bruce remember when he thinks about the times he put his life at risk?
(a) Doing dangerous work, participating in sports, and playing in unsafe places.
(b) Playing in unsafe places, participating in sports, and going to War.
(c) Doing dangerous work, playing in unsafe places, and going to War.
(d) Doing dangerous work, participating in sports, and going to War.
11. Where does Bruce fight in World War II?
12. How many doctors inform Henry of Bruce's condition in Chapter 1?
(d) A few.
13. How do Bruce's parents respond to Henry's visit?
(a) They are confused.
(b) They are happy.
(c) They are excited.
(d) They are surprised.
14. When does Henry say he will be back from his trip in Chapter 1?
(a) After the baby is born.
(b) When the baby is born.
(c) Before the baby is born.
(d) He is unsure.
15. What is the name of the operator that Henry and Bruce are concerned will hear their conversations?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bruce convince the university to donate to his family while he is playing baseball?
2. Why does Henry refuse to sign his baseball contract in Chapter 4?
3. What title is Henry given as he begins playing baseball again?
4. What state is Henry traveling from to visit Bruce in the hospital?
5. What is the main thing that Sid is known for thinking about?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)