|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on the positive reaction from a previous book, what does Henry plan to include in the current book he is writing?
(a) An interview.
(b) A team roster.
(c) A team picture.
(d) An autograph.
2. What university recruited Bruce to play baseball?
(a) Western States University.
(b) Southern States University.
(c) Central States University.
(d) Eastern States University.
3. Which of the following aspects of the country life amazes Henry in Chapter 4?
(a) The topics of conversation.
(b) The feeling of independence.
(c) The abundance of food.
(d) The lack of clocks.
4. Where does Henry have coffee with the stewardess in Chapter 1?
(c) Fort Wayne.
5. Who does Henry typically sell insurance to?
(a) Friends from baseball.
(b) Friends from college and local businesses.
(c) Friends from college.
(d) Friends from baseball and college.
6. How many months has Holly been pregnant when Henry leaves for the hospital in Chapter 1?
7. According to the story that Henry tells Dutch, why did he and Bruce go to Bruce's parents' house?
(a) To visit Bruce's parents.
(b) To get away from the city.
(c) To help Bruce's parents with farm work.
(d) To go hunting.
8. Which Georgia town is Bruce from?
9. What causes Henry to leave the game of Tegwar in Chapter 8?
(a) Henry realizes he has to practice.
(b) The manager calls a meeting.
(c) The game is not as exciting as it usually is.
(d) Joe refuses to let Bruce join the game.
10. Who is wondering why Bruce is being played in the games?
(d) Other players.
11. How many courses has Henry taken about selling insurance?
12. What is Henry's initial reaction to what the doctors tell him about Bruce in Chapter 1?
(a) He is quiet.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is nervous.
(d) He is upset.
13. How much advance notice are Bruce's parents given about his visit with Henry?
(a) One day.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two days.
14. What is the name of the scout that recruited Bruce after college?
(a) Robert Violet.
(b) Robbie Red.
(c) Ray Pink.
(d) Ron White.
15. Which one of the following is not mentioned as something that Henry does while waiting for his contract negotiation?
(a) Practicing his pitching.
(b) Having games of Tegwar.
(c) Lounging on the beach.
(d) Playing badminton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Dutch to agree to the clause that Henry insists on including in his contract?
2. What does Bruce realize about the little irritations in life in Chapter 4?
3. How does Holly react to Henry's joking when he tells her about Bruce's condition?
4. What is Henry thinking of as the phone rings in Chapter 1?
5. From which city is the coach who tries to recruit Henry?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)