|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision does Henry make about Bruce's illness in Chapter 2?
(a) To avoid talking about it with Bruce.
(b) Not to talk about it until after Bruce is in Georgia.
(c) To try to talk about it with Bruce.
(d) Not to talk about it until Bruce is ready.
2. Which of the following is included in the things that Henry tells Katie about Bruce?
(a) He is going to recover.
(b) He is looking for other treatment options.
(c) He is not thinking about his condition.
(d) He is not contagious.
3. How does Bruce respond to the team's decision to keep him?
(a) He is surprised.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is concerned.
(d) He is not surprised.
4. What university recruited Bruce to play baseball?
(a) Eastern States University.
(b) Central States University.
(c) Southern States University.
(d) Western States University.
5. How many courses has Henry taken about selling insurance?
6. Which decades did Bruce help his father with farm work?
(c) 1920s and 1930s.
(d) 1930s and 1940s.
7. What does Henry receive during the contract negotiations?
(a) Extended vacation days.
(b) A bonus.
(c) Exntended vacation days, a bonus, and the team will pay his taxes.
(d) The team will pay his taxes.
8. How long does the group wait for the mail each morning in Chapter 4?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Several hours.
(c) A few hours.
(d) One hour.
9. Where does Holly leave to go back home as the baseball touring begins?
(b) Fort Meyers.
(d) Ft. Lauderdale.
10. In what way does the group read and discuss each piece of mail in Chapter 4?
11. Where does Bruce seem to know a lot about nature?
(a) Neither close to or far away from home.
(b) Only close to home.
(c) Only far away from home.
(d) Close to home and far away from home.
12. What happens to Bruce after he surrenders in the War?
(a) He is sent home.
(b) He is transferred to another military base.
(c) He is given a new assignment.
(d) He is reassigned to another country.
13. What do the letters of the game, Tegwar, stand for?
(a) The Elaborate Game Without Added Rules.
(b) The Elaborate Game Without Any Rules.
(c) The Exciting Game Without Any Rules.
(d) The Exciting Game With Added Rules.
14. How many years has Henry been playing baseball when the book begins?
15. What title is Henry given as he begins playing baseball again?
(a) Team Captain.
(b) Player Representative.
(c) Team Representative.
(d) Pitching Captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry refuse to sign his baseball contract in Chapter 4?
2. Which day does Henry receive the phone call in Chapter 1?
3. Which of the following surprises Henry about Bruce as they are driving?
4. How does Katie react to Henry's suggestion that she should get married?
5. How many baseball seasons did Bruce play in college?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)