|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which reference does Henry make in order to convince Bruce that he is not stupid?
(a) Bruce's knowledge of various cities.
(b) Bruce's knowledge of sports statistics.
(c) Bruce's knowledge of sports strategies.
(d) Bruce 's knowledge of nature.
2. Based on the positive reaction from a previous book, what does Henry plan to include in the current book he is writing?
(a) A team picture.
(b) A team roster.
(c) An interview.
(d) An autograph.
3. How many years has Henry been playing baseball when the book begins?
4. What name does Bruce call Henry during the phone call in Chapter 1?
5. What causes Henry to think that Bruce's father knows about his condition?
(a) Specific things he says in conversation.
(b) The amount of money he is willing to give during a game.
(c) He saw the telegram from the hospital.
(d) He saw him reading the medical letter.
6. What does Bruce do while fighting in World War II?
(a) He shoots from a fort.
(b) He works on improving weaponry.
(c) He shoots from a foxhole.
(d) He distributes supplies.
7. Who does Henry typically sell insurance to?
(a) Friends from college.
(b) Friends from baseball and college.
(c) Friends from college and local businesses.
(d) Friends from baseball.
8. What is the name of the operator that Henry and Bruce are concerned will hear their conversations?
9. Why does Henry refuse to sign his baseball contract in Chapter 4?
(a) He does not want to play in that many games.
(b) He thinks the schedule is too extensive.
(c) He is waiting to show it to a lawyer.
(d) He thinks the wages are too low.
10. What is Henry's initial reaction to what the doctors tell him about Bruce in Chapter 1?
(a) He is nervous.
(b) He is quiet.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is upset.
11. Where does Bruce seem to know a lot about nature?
(a) Only far away from home.
(b) Close to home and far away from home.
(c) Neither close to or far away from home.
(d) Only close to home.
12. Where does Bruce fight in World War II?
13. What does Henry label the doctors after hearing about Bruce's condition?
14. How long does Holly stay in Chapter 4?
(a) For the rest of the visit.
(b) One month.
(c) One day.
(d) One week.
15. What does the coach from a different city offer Henry in an attempt to recruit him?
(a) More money.
(b) A lighter schedule.
(c) More money, a lighter schedule, and more vacation days.
(d) More vacation days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the letters of the game, Tegwar, stand for?
2. What happens to Bruce after he surrenders in the War?
3. What do Henry and Holly say when Henry calls collect from the road in Chapter 2?
4. Which of the following is the name of the insurance company that Henry sells insurance with?
5. In what way does Henry respond to Dutch's persistent questioning?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)