|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bruce seem to know a lot about nature?
(a) Only far away from home.
(b) Only close to home.
(c) Neither close to or far away from home.
(d) Close to home and far away from home.
2. What does Bruce convince the university to donate to his family while he is playing baseball?
(b) Farm goods.
(d) Farm equipiment.
3. Which of the following surprises Henry about Bruce as they are driving?
(a) He is joking.
(b) He is laughing.
(c) He is singing, joking, and laughing.
(d) He is singing.
4. How many games each day does Bruce play with an amateur league?
(a) Two or three.
(b) Only one.
(d) One or two.
5. Which of the following is the name of the insurance company that Henry sells insurance with?
6. How does Katie react to Henry's suggestion that she should get married?
(a) She does not respond.
(b) She agrees to think about it.
(c) She leaves.
(d) She laughs.
7. Which day does Henry receive the phone call in Chapter 1?
8. Why does Henry refuse to sign his baseball contract in Chapter 4?
(a) He thinks the schedule is too extensive.
(b) He does not want to play in that many games.
(c) He is waiting to show it to a lawyer.
(d) He thinks the wages are too low.
9. How does Dutch react to the clause that Henry insists on including in his contract?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is offended.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is ambivalent.
10. Where does the team gather for training in Chapter 5?
(a) Miller Huggins Field.
(b) Asbury Park.
(c) Aqua Clara.
(d) Crescent Lake Field.
11. What is the weather like when Henry is flying to Minnesota in Chapter 1?
(a) It is sunny.
(b) It is raining.
(c) There is a snowstorm.
(d) It is a lot of fog.
12. How does Bruce respond to Henry's decision to leave the game in Chapter 8?
(a) He is understanding.
(b) He is unaware of it.
(c) He is surprised.
(d) He is sad.
13. What name does Bruce call Henry during the phone call in Chapter 1?
14. What does Henry label the doctors after hearing about Bruce's condition?
15. Different from the earlier location given in the book, which of these is actually Bruce's hometown?
(a) Mill Creek, Georgia.
(b) Millsboro, Georgia.
(c) Mill, Georgia.
(d) Mill Station, Georgia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bruce do while fighting in World War II?
2. Which things does Bruce remember when he thinks about the times he put his life at risk?
3. What causes Henry to leave the game of Tegwar in Chapter 8?
4. Based on the positive reaction from a previous book, what does Henry plan to include in the current book he is writing?
5. What is it about Henry's story that Dutch discusses with him on the train?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)