|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following is not mentioned as something that Henry does while waiting for his contract negotiation?
(a) Having games of Tegwar.
(b) Practicing his pitching.
(c) Lounging on the beach.
(d) Playing badminton.
2. How does Bruce respond to the team's decision to keep him?
(a) He is not surprised.
(b) He is surprised.
(c) He is concerned.
(d) He is confused.
3. What title is Henry given as he begins playing baseball again?
(a) Pitching Captain.
(b) Player Representative.
(c) Team Captain.
(d) Team Representative.
4. Which reference does Henry make in order to convince Bruce that he is not stupid?
(a) Bruce's knowledge of sports statistics.
(b) Bruce's knowledge of sports strategies.
(c) Bruce 's knowledge of nature.
(d) Bruce's knowledge of various cities.
5. What does Bruce convince the university to donate to his family while he is playing baseball?
(a) Farm equipiment.
(c) Farm goods.
6. Different from the earlier location given in the book, which of these is actually Bruce's hometown?
(a) Mill Creek, Georgia.
(b) Mill Station, Georgia.
(c) Mill, Georgia.
(d) Millsboro, Georgia.
7. How is the team doing as the season officially opens?
(a) They are winning most of their games.
(b) They are winning a portion of their games.
(c) They are winning half of their games.
(d) They are winning all of their games.
8. What does Henry label the doctors after hearing about Bruce's condition?
9. Which team does Bruce play for after college?
(a) New York Warriors.
(b) New York Knights.
(c) New York Mammoths.
(d) New York Lions.
10. What is the main thing that Sid is known for thinking about?
(a) The batting averages of other players.
(b) His hitting technique.
(c) The hitting techniques of other players.
(d) His batting average.
11. According to the story that Henry tells Dutch, why did he and Bruce go to Bruce's parents' house?
(a) To go hunting.
(b) To help Bruce's parents with farm work.
(c) To visit Bruce's parents.
(d) To get away from the city.
12. In what way does the group read and discuss each piece of mail in Chapter 4?
13. Which things does Bruce remember when he thinks about the times he put his life at risk?
(a) Playing in unsafe places, participating in sports, and going to War.
(b) Doing dangerous work, playing in unsafe places, and going to War.
(c) Doing dangerous work, participating in sports, and going to War.
(d) Doing dangerous work, participating in sports, and playing in unsafe places.
14. Where does Henry have coffee with the stewardess in Chapter 1?
(c) Fort Wayne.
15. Besides selling insurance and playing baseball, what does Henry do?
(a) He writes for a sports magazine.
(b) He is writing a novel that will be published.
(c) He is writing a novel, but does not have a publisher.
(d) He writes a sports column for a newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry typically sell insurance to?
2. What university recruited Bruce to play baseball?
3. How many doctors inform Henry of Bruce's condition in Chapter 1?
4. Which of the following aspects of the country life amazes Henry in Chapter 4?
5. How does Holly react to Henry's joking when he tells her about Bruce's condition?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)