|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bruce think will happen if Dutch knows about his condition?
(a) He will be suspended.
(b) He will be given a raise.
(c) He will be fired.
(d) He will not be able to play.
2. Who does Henry typically sell insurance to?
(a) Friends from college and local businesses.
(b) Friends from baseball.
(c) Friends from college.
(d) Friends from baseball and college.
3. How are the rules of Tegwar invented?
(a) In the middle of the game.
(b) As the game is played.
(c) Before the game is played.
(d) Before the game is played and in the middle of the game.
4. How many baseball seasons did Bruce play in college?
(c) A few.
5. Where is the hospital in which Bruce is staying?
(a) Rochester, MN.
(b) Duluth, MN.
(c) Monticello, MN.
(d) Minneapolis, MN.
6. What name does Bruce call Henry during the phone call in Chapter 1?
7. How many courses has Henry taken about selling insurance?
8. What is Henry's initial reaction to what the doctors tell him about Bruce in Chapter 1?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is nervous.
(c) He is upset.
(d) He is quiet.
9. Why is Dutch outraged about Bruce's successful attempt at stealing a base?
(a) He could have been injured.
(b) He used a new sliding technique.
(c) He did it even though he was instructed not to.
(d) He did it without instruction.
10. How many months has Holly been pregnant when Henry leaves for the hospital in Chapter 1?
11. What does Henry receive during the contract negotiations?
(a) A bonus.
(b) Exntended vacation days, a bonus, and the team will pay his taxes.
(c) The team will pay his taxes.
(d) Extended vacation days.
12. Which of the following is the name of the insurance company that Henry sells insurance with?
13. What decision does Henry make about Bruce's illness in Chapter 2?
(a) Not to talk about it until after Bruce is in Georgia.
(b) To try to talk about it with Bruce.
(c) To avoid talking about it with Bruce.
(d) Not to talk about it until Bruce is ready.
14. Based on the positive reaction from a previous book, what does Henry plan to include in the current book he is writing?
(a) An autograph.
(b) An interview.
(c) A team roster.
(d) A team picture.
15. From which city is the coach who tries to recruit Henry?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Henry is reminded at the end of Chapter 4, when did Bruce visit their apartment frequently?
2. Which one of the following is not mentioned as something that Henry does while waiting for his contract negotiation?
3. How long does Holly stay in Chapter 4?
4. What causes Dutch to agree to the clause that Henry insists on including in his contract?
5. In what way does the group read and discuss each piece of mail in Chapter 4?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)