|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henry thinking about at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) The times Bruce helped him.
(b) The times he was mad at Bruce.
(c) The times he helped Bruce.
(d) The times he was supportive of Bruce.
2. How are Henry and Bruce separated during the tour while playing baseball?
(a) For months at a time.
(d) For weeks at a time.
3. Where does Bruce seem to know a lot about nature?
(a) Only far away from home.
(b) Close to home and far away from home.
(c) Only close to home.
(d) Neither close to or far away from home.
4. Where is Bruce showing Henry places that correspond to the stories of his youth?
(a) In half of the county.
(b) In a small part of the county.
(c) All over the county.
(d) In most of the county.
5. What time is it when Henry receives the phone call in Chapter 1?
(a) One p.m.
(b) Ten p.m.
(c) Ten a.m.
(d) One a.m.
6. What do the letters of the game, Tegwar, stand for?
(a) The Elaborate Game Without Any Rules.
(b) The Elaborate Game Without Added Rules.
(c) The Exciting Game Without Any Rules.
(d) The Exciting Game With Added Rules.
7. What does Henry label the doctors after hearing about Bruce's condition?
8. How long does Holly stay in Chapter 4?
(a) One month.
(b) One week.
(c) One day.
(d) For the rest of the visit.
9. Which Georgia town is Bruce from?
10. What do Henry and Holly say when Henry calls collect from the road in Chapter 2?
(a) Ridiculous names.
(c) Their own names.
(d) Code names.
11. Which team does Bruce play for after college?
(a) New York Lions.
(b) New York Mammoths.
(c) New York Knights.
(d) New York Warriors.
12. What is the name of the scout that recruited Bruce after college?
(a) Ray Pink.
(b) Ron White.
(c) Robert Violet.
(d) Robbie Red.
13. Besides selling insurance and playing baseball, what does Henry do?
(a) He is writing a novel, but does not have a publisher.
(b) He is writing a novel that will be published.
(c) He writes for a sports magazine.
(d) He writes a sports column for a newspaper.
14. What name does Bruce call Henry during the phone call in Chapter 1?
15. Which day does Henry receive the phone call in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What state is Henry traveling from to visit Bruce in the hospital?
2. What does Bruce convince the university to donate to his family while he is playing baseball?
3. Which of the following is included in the things that Henry tells Katie about Bruce?
4. Where does the team gather for training in Chapter 5?
5. Who does Henry typically sell insurance to?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)