|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the group wait for the mail each morning in Chapter 4?
(a) Several hours.
(b) Two hours.
(c) One hour.
(d) A few hours.
2. When does Henry say he will be back from his trip in Chapter 1?
(a) After the baby is born.
(b) When the baby is born.
(c) He is unsure.
(d) Before the baby is born.
3. What university recruited Bruce to play baseball?
(a) Eastern States University.
(b) Southern States University.
(c) Central States University.
(d) Western States University.
4. What causes Henry to leave the game of Tegwar in Chapter 8?
(a) Henry realizes he has to practice.
(b) The game is not as exciting as it usually is.
(c) The manager calls a meeting.
(d) Joe refuses to let Bruce join the game.
5. How is the team doing as the season officially opens?
(a) They are winning a portion of their games.
(b) They are winning all of their games.
(c) They are winning most of their games.
(d) They are winning half of their games.
6. Where does Bruce seem to know a lot about nature?
(a) Only close to home.
(b) Only far away from home.
(c) Close to home and far away from home.
(d) Neither close to or far away from home.
7. What does Bruce do while fighting in World War II?
(a) He shoots from a foxhole.
(b) He works on improving weaponry.
(c) He shoots from a fort.
(d) He distributes supplies.
8. What does Bruce tell his parents when they ask about the news from Minnesota?
(a) He says they are unsure what is wrong with him.
(b) He says there is nothing wrong with him.
(c) He says they think he might have a curable disease.
(d) He says that more tests are needed.
9. Which of the following aspects of the country life amazes Henry in Chapter 4?
(a) The topics of conversation.
(b) The abundance of food.
(c) The feeling of independence.
(d) The lack of clocks.
10. What does Bruce convince the university to donate to his family while he is playing baseball?
(a) Farm equipiment.
(b) Farm goods.
11. As Henry is reminded at the end of Chapter 4, when did Bruce visit their apartment frequently?
(a) Two years ago.
(b) Earlier that year.
(c) Several years before.
(d) The previous year.
12. Which of the following is the name of the insurance company that Henry sells insurance with?
13. How is Henry pitching after gaining weight?
(a) Slightly slower than before.
(b) The same as before.
(c) Faster, but less accurate.
(d) Faster and better than ever.
14. Which of the following surprises Henry about Bruce as they are driving?
(a) He is joking.
(b) He is laughing.
(c) He is singing, joking, and laughing.
(d) He is singing.
15. What does Bruce realize about the little irritations in life in Chapter 4?
(a) They only matter in certain situations.
(b) They do not really matter.
(c) They should not matter as much to certain people.
(d) They only matter to certain people.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many doctors inform Henry of Bruce's condition in Chapter 1?
2. Which one of the following is not mentioned as something that Henry does while waiting for his contract negotiation?
3. What title is Henry given as he begins playing baseball again?
4. Different from the earlier location given in the book, which of these is actually Bruce's hometown?
5. Which position does Dutch have on the team?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)