|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bruce respond to Henry's decision to leave the game in Chapter 8?
(a) He is sad.
(b) He is unaware of it.
(c) He is understanding.
(d) He is surprised.
2. What does Henry keep track of when he and Bruce are separated?
(a) The medical letter about Bruce's condition.
(b) The notes from Bruce's doctor.
(c) The name and number of Bruce's doctor.
(d) The numbers of several doctors.
3. What is Henry's initial reaction to what the doctors tell him about Bruce in Chapter 1?
(a) He is upset.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is nervous.
(d) He is quiet.
4. What do Bruce's parents do to pass the time while sitting on their front porch?
(a) Swat flies, read books, and drink water.
(b) Swat flies and drink water.
(c) Swat flies and read books.
(d) Read books and drink water.
5. Which day does Henry receive the phone call in Chapter 1?
6. What causes Henry to leave the game of Tegwar in Chapter 8?
(a) Joe refuses to let Bruce join the game.
(b) The manager calls a meeting.
(c) Henry realizes he has to practice.
(d) The game is not as exciting as it usually is.
7. Who does Henry typically sell insurance to?
(a) Friends from college.
(b) Friends from baseball and college.
(c) Friends from college and local businesses.
(d) Friends from baseball.
8. How long does the group wait for the mail each morning in Chapter 4?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Several hours.
(c) A few hours.
(d) One hour.
9. What is Dutch's reaction to Bruce's explanation of why he stole the base?
(a) He is impressed.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is surprised.
(d) He is angry.
10. What does Henry label the doctors after hearing about Bruce's condition?
11. How does Katie react to Henry's suggestion that she should get married?
(a) She does not respond.
(b) She agrees to think about it.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She leaves.
12. Which Georgia town is Bruce from?
13. What is Henry thinking about at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) The times he was mad at Bruce.
(b) The times Bruce helped him.
(c) The times he helped Bruce.
(d) The times he was supportive of Bruce.
14. Where does Holly leave to go back home as the baseball touring begins?
(c) Fort Meyers.
(d) Ft. Lauderdale.
15. How is Henry pitching after gaining weight?
(a) Faster, but less accurate.
(b) Slightly slower than before.
(c) The same as before.
(d) Faster and better than ever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Dutch to agree to the clause that Henry insists on including in his contract?
2. What does Bruce tell his parents when they ask about the news from Minnesota?
3. How many months has Holly been pregnant when Henry leaves for the hospital in Chapter 1?
4. How many doctors inform Henry of Bruce's condition in Chapter 1?
5. What does Henry receive during the contract negotiations?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)