|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry receive during the contract negotiations?
(a) Exntended vacation days, a bonus, and the team will pay his taxes.
(b) The team will pay his taxes.
(c) Extended vacation days.
(d) A bonus.
2. Which of the following surprises Henry about Bruce as they are driving?
(a) He is laughing.
(b) He is joking.
(c) He is singing, joking, and laughing.
(d) He is singing.
3. How many months has Holly been pregnant when Henry leaves for the hospital in Chapter 1?
4. How does Bruce respond to Henry's decision to leave the game in Chapter 8?
(a) He is unaware of it.
(b) He is surprised.
(c) He is understanding.
(d) He is sad.
5. What causes Henry to think that Bruce's father knows about his condition?
(a) He saw the telegram from the hospital.
(b) The amount of money he is willing to give during a game.
(c) He saw him reading the medical letter.
(d) Specific things he says in conversation.
6. Where is Bruce showing Henry places that correspond to the stories of his youth?
(a) In a small part of the county.
(b) In half of the county.
(c) All over the county.
(d) In most of the county.
7. Based on the positive reaction from a previous book, what does Henry plan to include in the current book he is writing?
(a) An interview.
(b) A team picture.
(c) An autograph.
(d) A team roster.
8. How does Bruce respond to the team's decision to keep him?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is concerned.
(c) He is surprised.
(d) He is not surprised.
9. What name does Bruce call Henry during the phone call in Chapter 1?
10. What causes Dutch to agree to the clause that Henry insists on including in his contract?
(a) The opinion of the team owner.
(b) Henry's pitching skills.
(c) The look in Henry's eyes.
(d) Henry's explanation.
11. What is Henry's initial reaction to what the doctors tell him about Bruce in Chapter 1?
(a) He is quiet.
(b) He is upset.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is nervous.
12. Who does Henry typically sell insurance to?
(a) Friends from baseball.
(b) Friends from baseball and college.
(c) Friends from college and local businesses.
(d) Friends from college.
13. Which reference does Henry make in order to convince Bruce that he is not stupid?
(a) Bruce's knowledge of sports statistics.
(b) Bruce's knowledge of sports strategies.
(c) Bruce's knowledge of various cities.
(d) Bruce 's knowledge of nature.
14. Which of the following is the name of the insurance company that Henry sells insurance with?
15. What decision does Henry make about Bruce's illness in Chapter 2?
(a) Not to talk about it until Bruce is ready.
(b) To try to talk about it with Bruce.
(c) To avoid talking about it with Bruce.
(d) Not to talk about it until after Bruce is in Georgia.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Katie react to Henry's suggestion that she should get married?
2. What state is Henry traveling from to visit Bruce in the hospital?
3. Which one of the following is not mentioned as something that Henry does while waiting for his contract negotiation?
4. How does Holly react to Henry's joking when he tells her about Bruce's condition?
5. Who is wondering why Bruce is being played in the games?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)