|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision does Henry make about Bruce's illness in Chapter 2?
(a) To try to talk about it with Bruce.
(b) Not to talk about it until after Bruce is in Georgia.
(c) To avoid talking about it with Bruce.
(d) Not to talk about it until Bruce is ready.
2. What university recruited Bruce to play baseball?
(a) Central States University.
(b) Western States University.
(c) Southern States University.
(d) Eastern States University.
3. How do Bruce's parents respond to Henry's visit?
(a) They are confused.
(b) They are excited.
(c) They are surprised.
(d) They are happy.
4. In what way does the group read and discuss each piece of mail in Chapter 4?
5. From which city is the coach who tries to recruit Henry?
6. Why is Dutch outraged about Bruce's successful attempt at stealing a base?
(a) He did it without instruction.
(b) He did it even though he was instructed not to.
(c) He used a new sliding technique.
(d) He could have been injured.
7. What causes Henry to think that Bruce's father knows about his condition?
(a) He saw the telegram from the hospital.
(b) He saw him reading the medical letter.
(c) The amount of money he is willing to give during a game.
(d) Specific things he says in conversation.
8. Where is the hospital in which Bruce is staying?
(a) Duluth, MN.
(b) Monticello, MN.
(c) Minneapolis, MN.
(d) Rochester, MN.
9. Based on the positive reaction from a previous book, what does Henry plan to include in the current book he is writing?
(a) A team picture.
(b) An interview.
(c) A team roster.
(d) An autograph.
10. What do Henry and Holly say when Henry calls collect from the road in Chapter 2?
(a) Their own names.
(c) Ridiculous names.
(d) Code names.
11. What does Henry label the doctors after hearing about Bruce's condition?
12. What does Henry keep track of when he and Bruce are separated?
(a) The medical letter about Bruce's condition.
(b) The name and number of Bruce's doctor.
(c) The numbers of several doctors.
(d) The notes from Bruce's doctor.
13. Which Georgia town is Bruce from?
14. What time of day is Henry playing a game of Tegwar with Joe?
(a) The evening.
(b) The early evening.
(c) The morning.
(d) The afternoon.
15. What state is Henry traveling from to visit Bruce in the hospital?
(b) New Jersey.
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is included in the things that Henry tells Katie about Bruce?
2. Who is wondering why Bruce is being played in the games?
3. How does Holly react to Henry's joking when he tells her about Bruce's condition?
4. How many doctors inform Henry of Bruce's condition in Chapter 1?
5. Why does Bruce surrender in World War II?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)