|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Henry and Katie meet to talk about Bruce's condition?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A bar.
(c) A coffee house.
(d) An airport.
2. What reason does Henry provide to Dutch for going to Minnesota?
(a) To sell insurance.
(b) To take another course on selling insurance.
(c) To meet with another coach.
(d) To visit a friend.
3. What title is Henry given as he begins playing baseball again?
(a) Pitching Captain.
(b) Player Representative.
(c) Team Captain.
(d) Team Representative.
4. How does Bruce explain the way he knew he could steal the base?
(a) He references previous stolen bases.
(b) He references the playbook.
(c) He uses logical reasoning.
(d) He uses an analogy.
5. What does Bruce do while fighting in World War II?
(a) He shoots from a foxhole.
(b) He shoots from a fort.
(c) He works on improving weaponry.
(d) He distributes supplies.
6. Which one of the following is not mentioned as something that Henry does while waiting for his contract negotiation?
(a) Lounging on the beach.
(b) Playing badminton.
(c) Practicing his pitching.
(d) Having games of Tegwar.
7. In what way does Henry respond to Dutch's persistent questioning?
(a) He begins asking questions of his own.
(b) He ignores him.
(c) He asks him to stop the questioning.
(d) He becomes upset.
8. What is Dutch's reaction to Bruce's explanation of why he stole the base?
(a) He is impressed.
(b) He is surprised.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is confused.
9. Which team does Bruce play for after college?
(a) New York Lions.
(b) New York Knights.
(c) New York Warriors.
(d) New York Mammoths.
10. What is the weather like when Henry is flying to Minnesota in Chapter 1?
(a) It is sunny.
(b) It is a lot of fog.
(c) It is raining.
(d) There is a snowstorm.
11. What does Henry receive during the contract negotiations?
(a) The team will pay his taxes.
(b) Exntended vacation days, a bonus, and the team will pay his taxes.
(c) A bonus.
(d) Extended vacation days.
12. Which of the following do Bruce and Henry start doing in Chapter 4?
(a) Going to church, and town meetings and events.
(b) Going to church.
(c) Participating in town events.
(d) Going to town meetings.
13. When does Henry say he will be back from his trip in Chapter 1?
(a) After the baby is born.
(b) When the baby is born.
(c) Before the baby is born.
(d) He is unsure.
14. How does Bruce respond to Henry's decision to leave the game in Chapter 8?
(a) He is sad.
(b) He is understanding.
(c) He is unaware of it.
(d) He is surprised.
15. What is Henry's initial reaction to what the doctors tell him about Bruce in Chapter 1?
(a) He is upset.
(b) He is quiet.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is nervous.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many baseball seasons did Bruce play in college?
2. What does Bruce think will happen if Dutch knows about his condition?
3. Where does Henry have coffee with the stewardess in Chapter 1?
4. How do Bruce's parents respond to Henry's visit?
5. What time is it when Henry receives the phone call in Chapter 1?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)