|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What title is Henry given as he begins playing baseball again?
(a) Team Representative.
(b) Pitching Captain.
(c) Team Captain.
(d) Player Representative.
2. Where does the team gather for training in Chapter 5?
(a) Crescent Lake Field.
(b) Aqua Clara.
(c) Asbury Park.
(d) Miller Huggins Field.
3. In what way does the group read and discuss each piece of mail in Chapter 4?
4. Where do Henry and Katie meet to talk about Bruce's condition?
(a) A coffee house.
(b) A bar.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) An airport.
5. What causes Henry to think that Bruce's father knows about his condition?
(a) He saw the telegram from the hospital.
(b) He saw him reading the medical letter.
(c) Specific things he says in conversation.
(d) The amount of money he is willing to give during a game.
6. Why is Dutch outraged about Bruce's successful attempt at stealing a base?
(a) He used a new sliding technique.
(b) He did it without instruction.
(c) He could have been injured.
(d) He did it even though he was instructed not to.
7. How is Sid described?
8. What is it about Henry's story that Dutch discusses with him on the train?
(a) The complexities.
(b) The inconsistencies.
(c) The lack of details.
(d) The lack of evidence.
9. Which of the following is included in the things that Henry tells Katie about Bruce?
(a) He is looking for other treatment options.
(b) He is going to recover.
(c) He is not thinking about his condition.
(d) He is not contagious.
10. How many courses has Henry taken about selling insurance?
11. What does Bruce do while fighting in World War II?
(a) He shoots from a fort.
(b) He works on improving weaponry.
(c) He distributes supplies.
(d) He shoots from a foxhole.
12. Where is the hospital in which Bruce is staying?
(a) Duluth, MN.
(b) Monticello, MN.
(c) Rochester, MN.
(d) Minneapolis, MN.
13. Who does Henry typically sell insurance to?
(a) Friends from baseball.
(b) Friends from college.
(c) Friends from baseball and college.
(d) Friends from college and local businesses.
14. How are the rules of Tegwar invented?
(a) As the game is played.
(b) In the middle of the game.
(c) Before the game is played.
(d) Before the game is played and in the middle of the game.
15. In what way does Henry respond to Dutch's persistent questioning?
(a) He asks him to stop the questioning.
(b) He ignores him.
(c) He begins asking questions of his own.
(d) He becomes upset.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which decades did Bruce help his father with farm work?
2. What does Bruce think will happen if Dutch knows about his condition?
3. What is the weather like when Henry is flying to Minnesota in Chapter 1?
4. How does Bruce respond to the team's decision to keep him?
5. How are Henry and Bruce separated during the tour while playing baseball?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)