|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the name of the insurance company that Henry sells insurance with?
2. How many years has Henry been playing baseball when the book begins?
3. In what way does Henry respond to Dutch's persistent questioning?
(a) He becomes upset.
(b) He begins asking questions of his own.
(c) He asks him to stop the questioning.
(d) He ignores him.
4. What is the name of the operator that Henry and Bruce are concerned will hear their conversations?
5. Who does Henry typically sell insurance to?
(a) Friends from baseball and college.
(b) Friends from college and local businesses.
(c) Friends from baseball.
(d) Friends from college.
6. How many courses has Henry taken about selling insurance?
7. What do Henry and Holly say when Henry calls collect from the road in Chapter 2?
(a) Code names.
(b) Their own names.
(c) Ridiculous names.
8. How does Bruce explain the way he knew he could steal the base?
(a) He uses logical reasoning.
(b) He uses an analogy.
(c) He references previous stolen bases.
(d) He references the playbook.
9. How is the team doing as the season officially opens?
(a) They are winning most of their games.
(b) They are winning half of their games.
(c) They are winning a portion of their games.
(d) They are winning all of their games.
10. From which city is the coach who tries to recruit Henry?
11. Where does Henry have coffee with the stewardess in Chapter 1?
(b) Fort Wayne.
12. Which things does Bruce remember when he thinks about the times he put his life at risk?
(a) Doing dangerous work, participating in sports, and going to War.
(b) Doing dangerous work, playing in unsafe places, and going to War.
(c) Doing dangerous work, participating in sports, and playing in unsafe places.
(d) Playing in unsafe places, participating in sports, and going to War.
13. Where is the hospital in which Bruce is staying?
(a) Monticello, MN.
(b) Minneapolis, MN.
(c) Rochester, MN.
(d) Duluth, MN.
14. What is Henry's initial reaction to what the doctors tell him about Bruce in Chapter 1?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is quiet.
(c) He is upset.
(d) He is nervous.
15. What does Bruce think will happen if Dutch knows about his condition?
(a) He will not be able to play.
(b) He will be given a raise.
(c) He will be fired.
(d) He will be suspended.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Henry and Bruce separated during the tour while playing baseball?
2. How is Henry pitching after gaining weight?
3. How many people are watching Henry's Tegwar game in Chapter 8?
4. What does Bruce tell his parents when they ask about the news from Minnesota?
5. Where do Henry and Katie meet to talk about Bruce's condition?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)