|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which things does Bruce remember when he thinks about the times he put his life at risk?
(a) Doing dangerous work, participating in sports, and playing in unsafe places.
(b) Doing dangerous work, participating in sports, and going to War.
(c) Playing in unsafe places, participating in sports, and going to War.
(d) Doing dangerous work, playing in unsafe places, and going to War.
2. Who is wondering why Bruce is being played in the games?
(d) Other players.
3. How many people are watching Henry's Tegwar game in Chapter 8?
(a) A few people.
(b) One person.
(c) No one but the participants.
(d) A crowd.
4. How are the rules of Tegwar invented?
(a) Before the game is played and in the middle of the game.
(b) Before the game is played.
(c) In the middle of the game.
(d) As the game is played.
5. How many games each day does Bruce play with an amateur league?
(a) One or two.
(b) Two or three.
(d) Only one.
6. What time is it when Henry receives the phone call in Chapter 1?
(a) One a.m.
(b) One p.m.
(c) Ten p.m.
(d) Ten a.m.
7. What do the letters of the game, Tegwar, stand for?
(a) The Elaborate Game Without Added Rules.
(b) The Elaborate Game Without Any Rules.
(c) The Exciting Game With Added Rules.
(d) The Exciting Game Without Any Rules.
8. Which team does Bruce play for after college?
(a) New York Warriors.
(b) New York Knights.
(c) New York Lions.
(d) New York Mammoths.
9. Which day does Henry receive the phone call in Chapter 1?
10. Different from the earlier location given in the book, which of these is actually Bruce's hometown?
(a) Mill Creek, Georgia.
(b) Mill, Georgia.
(c) Millsboro, Georgia.
(d) Mill Station, Georgia.
11. How does Bruce explain the way he knew he could steal the base?
(a) He uses logical reasoning.
(b) He uses an analogy.
(c) He references the playbook.
(d) He references previous stolen bases.
12. What is it about Henry's story that Dutch discusses with him on the train?
(a) The lack of evidence.
(b) The lack of details.
(c) The complexities.
(d) The inconsistencies.
13. What university recruited Bruce to play baseball?
(a) Western States University.
(b) Central States University.
(c) Eastern States University.
(d) Southern States University.
14. What causes Henry to think that Bruce's father knows about his condition?
(a) He saw the telegram from the hospital.
(b) The amount of money he is willing to give during a game.
(c) Specific things he says in conversation.
(d) He saw him reading the medical letter.
15. What name does Bruce call Henry during the phone call in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day is Henry playing a game of Tegwar with Joe?
2. What does Bruce realize about the little irritations in life in Chapter 4?
3. What title is Henry given as he begins playing baseball again?
4. How are Henry and Bruce separated during the tour while playing baseball?
5. Where does Bruce fight in World War II?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)