|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Holly react to Henry's joking when he tells her about Bruce's condition?
(a) She is appalled.
(b) She is surprised.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is angry.
2. What is it about Henry's story that Dutch discusses with him on the train?
(a) The lack of evidence.
(b) The lack of details.
(c) The inconsistencies.
(d) The complexities.
3. Where does Holly leave to go back home as the baseball touring begins?
(c) Fort Meyers.
(d) Ft. Lauderdale.
4. What does Bruce tell his parents when they ask about the news from Minnesota?
(a) He says there is nothing wrong with him.
(b) He says that more tests are needed.
(c) He says they are unsure what is wrong with him.
(d) He says they think he might have a curable disease.
5. What time of day is Henry playing a game of Tegwar with Joe?
(a) The morning.
(b) The afternoon.
(c) The early evening.
(d) The evening.
6. Besides selling insurance and playing baseball, what does Henry do?
(a) He is writing a novel that will be published.
(b) He writes a sports column for a newspaper.
(c) He writes for a sports magazine.
(d) He is writing a novel, but does not have a publisher.
7. What does Bruce think will happen if Dutch knows about his condition?
(a) He will be fired.
(b) He will not be able to play.
(c) He will be given a raise.
(d) He will be suspended.
8. Which of the following is the name of the insurance company that Henry sells insurance with?
9. What does Henry receive during the contract negotiations?
(a) The team will pay his taxes.
(b) Exntended vacation days, a bonus, and the team will pay his taxes.
(c) Extended vacation days.
(d) A bonus.
10. Where does the team gather for training in Chapter 5?
(a) Crescent Lake Field.
(b) Miller Huggins Field.
(c) Asbury Park.
(d) Aqua Clara.
11. How many courses has Henry taken about selling insurance?
12. Who is wondering why Bruce is being played in the games?
(d) Other players.
13. How does Bruce respond to the team's decision to keep him?
(a) He is concerned.
(b) He is surprised.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is not surprised.
14. When does Henry say he will be back from his trip in Chapter 1?
(a) After the baby is born.
(b) He is unsure.
(c) When the baby is born.
(d) Before the baby is born.
15. How much advance notice are Bruce's parents given about his visit with Henry?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One day.
(d) Two days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like when Henry is flying to Minnesota in Chapter 1?
2. Based on the positive reaction from a previous book, what does Henry plan to include in the current book he is writing?
3. What do Bruce's parents do to pass the time while sitting on their front porch?
4. Where does Bruce seem to know a lot about nature?
5. What causes Dutch to agree to the clause that Henry insists on including in his contract?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)