|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What university recruited Bruce to play baseball?
(a) Eastern States University.
(b) Western States University.
(c) Central States University.
(d) Southern States University.
2. What do the letters of the game, Tegwar, stand for?
(a) The Elaborate Game Without Added Rules.
(b) The Exciting Game Without Any Rules.
(c) The Elaborate Game Without Any Rules.
(d) The Exciting Game With Added Rules.
3. Where does Bruce seem to know a lot about nature?
(a) Only far away from home.
(b) Neither close to or far away from home.
(c) Close to home and far away from home.
(d) Only close to home.
4. What do Henry and Holly say when Henry calls collect from the road in Chapter 2?
(a) Code names.
(b) Their own names.
(d) Ridiculous names.
5. Which position does Dutch have on the team?
(a) Pitching Coach.
(c) Batting Coach.
(d) Assistant Manager.
6. Which of the following is the name of the insurance company that Henry sells insurance with?
7. Which team does Bruce play for after college?
(a) New York Knights.
(b) New York Warriors.
(c) New York Lions.
(d) New York Mammoths.
8. Which things does Bruce remember when he thinks about the times he put his life at risk?
(a) Doing dangerous work, playing in unsafe places, and going to War.
(b) Doing dangerous work, participating in sports, and going to War.
(c) Playing in unsafe places, participating in sports, and going to War.
(d) Doing dangerous work, participating in sports, and playing in unsafe places.
9. In what way does Henry respond to Dutch's persistent questioning?
(a) He ignores him.
(b) He becomes upset.
(c) He asks him to stop the questioning.
(d) He begins asking questions of his own.
10. What causes Henry to leave the game of Tegwar in Chapter 8?
(a) Joe refuses to let Bruce join the game.
(b) Henry realizes he has to practice.
(c) The game is not as exciting as it usually is.
(d) The manager calls a meeting.
11. How is the team doing as the season officially opens?
(a) They are winning all of their games.
(b) They are winning half of their games.
(c) They are winning a portion of their games.
(d) They are winning most of their games.
12. What is it about Henry's story that Dutch discusses with him on the train?
(a) The lack of evidence.
(b) The inconsistencies.
(c) The complexities.
(d) The lack of details.
13. How does Katie react to Henry's suggestion that she should get married?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She leaves.
(c) She does not respond.
(d) She agrees to think about it.
14. What name does Bruce call Henry during the phone call in Chapter 1?
15. How many baseball seasons did Bruce play in college?
(b) A few.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Dutch to agree to the clause that Henry insists on including in his contract?
2. How many people are watching Henry's Tegwar game in Chapter 8?
3. Why does Henry refuse to sign his baseball contract in Chapter 4?
4. Where is the hospital in which Bruce is staying?
5. What does Henry label the doctors after hearing about Bruce's condition?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)