|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does Henry respond to Dutch's persistent questioning?
(a) He becomes upset.
(b) He begins asking questions of his own.
(c) He asks him to stop the questioning.
(d) He ignores him.
2. How does Dutch react to the clause that Henry insists on including in his contract?
(a) He is ambivalent.
(b) He is offended.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is angry.
3. Where is the hospital in which Bruce is staying?
(a) Rochester, MN.
(b) Monticello, MN.
(c) Duluth, MN.
(d) Minneapolis, MN.
4. Which team does Bruce play for after college?
(a) New York Lions.
(b) New York Mammoths.
(c) New York Knights.
(d) New York Warriors.
5. What is the weather like when Henry is flying to Minnesota in Chapter 1?
(a) It is raining.
(b) There is a snowstorm.
(c) It is sunny.
(d) It is a lot of fog.
6. Which Georgia town is Bruce from?
7. How much advance notice are Bruce's parents given about his visit with Henry?
(a) One day.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two weeks.
8. Which decades did Bruce help his father with farm work?
(a) 1920s and 1930s.
(d) 1930s and 1940s.
9. What causes Dutch to agree to the clause that Henry insists on including in his contract?
(a) Henry's pitching skills.
(b) Henry's explanation.
(c) The look in Henry's eyes.
(d) The opinion of the team owner.
10. Different from the earlier location given in the book, which of these is actually Bruce's hometown?
(a) Mill Creek, Georgia.
(b) Mill Station, Georgia.
(c) Mill, Georgia.
(d) Millsboro, Georgia.
11. From which city is the coach who tries to recruit Henry?
12. What name does Bruce call Henry during the phone call in Chapter 1?
13. What does Bruce tell his parents when they ask about the news from Minnesota?
(a) He says they are unsure what is wrong with him.
(b) He says there is nothing wrong with him.
(c) He says they think he might have a curable disease.
(d) He says that more tests are needed.
14. Who is wondering why Bruce is being played in the games?
(b) Other players.
15. What causes Henry to leave the game of Tegwar in Chapter 8?
(a) The manager calls a meeting.
(b) Joe refuses to let Bruce join the game.
(c) The game is not as exciting as it usually is.
(d) Henry realizes he has to practice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Henry provide to Dutch for going to Minnesota?
2. What time is it when Henry receives the phone call in Chapter 1?
3. What state is Henry traveling from to visit Bruce in the hospital?
4. Which of the following aspects of the country life amazes Henry in Chapter 4?
5. What does the coach from a different city offer Henry in an attempt to recruit him?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)