|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the team gather for training in Chapter 5?
(a) Crescent Lake Field.
(b) Asbury Park.
(c) Aqua Clara.
(d) Miller Huggins Field.
2. How is the team doing as the season officially opens?
(a) They are winning a portion of their games.
(b) They are winning half of their games.
(c) They are winning most of their games.
(d) They are winning all of their games.
3. What causes Dutch to agree to the clause that Henry insists on including in his contract?
(a) Henry's explanation.
(b) Henry's pitching skills.
(c) The opinion of the team owner.
(d) The look in Henry's eyes.
4. What decision does Henry make about Bruce's illness in Chapter 2?
(a) To avoid talking about it with Bruce.
(b) Not to talk about it until after Bruce is in Georgia.
(c) To try to talk about it with Bruce.
(d) Not to talk about it until Bruce is ready.
5. What is Dutch's reaction to Bruce's explanation of why he stole the base?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is surprised.
(c) He is impressed.
(d) He is confused.
6. From which city is the coach who tries to recruit Henry?
7. What reason does Henry provide to Dutch for going to Minnesota?
(a) To meet with another coach.
(b) To take another course on selling insurance.
(c) To sell insurance.
(d) To visit a friend.
8. Based on the positive reaction from a previous book, what does Henry plan to include in the current book he is writing?
(a) A team roster.
(b) An interview.
(c) A team picture.
(d) An autograph.
9. How many years has Henry been playing baseball when the book begins?
10. Besides selling insurance and playing baseball, what does Henry do?
(a) He is writing a novel, but does not have a publisher.
(b) He writes a sports column for a newspaper.
(c) He writes for a sports magazine.
(d) He is writing a novel that will be published.
11. How does Bruce respond to Henry's decision to leave the game in Chapter 8?
(a) He is surprised.
(b) He is sad.
(c) He is understanding.
(d) He is unaware of it.
12. What time is it when Henry receives the phone call in Chapter 1?
(a) Ten p.m.
(b) One a.m.
(c) Ten a.m.
(d) One p.m.
13. In what way does Henry respond to Dutch's persistent questioning?
(a) He begins asking questions of his own.
(b) He becomes upset.
(c) He asks him to stop the questioning.
(d) He ignores him.
14. How is Henry pitching after gaining weight?
(a) Faster and better than ever.
(b) The same as before.
(c) Faster, but less accurate.
(d) Slightly slower than before.
15. Why does Henry refuse to sign his baseball contract in Chapter 4?
(a) He is waiting to show it to a lawyer.
(b) He does not want to play in that many games.
(c) He thinks the wages are too low.
(d) He thinks the schedule is too extensive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Bruce showing Henry places that correspond to the stories of his youth?
2. Which one of the following is not mentioned as something that Henry does while waiting for his contract negotiation?
3. Where does Henry have coffee with the stewardess in Chapter 1?
4. Which position does Dutch have on the team?
5. How many courses has Henry taken about selling insurance?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)