|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which position does Dutch have on the team?
(b) Batting Coach.
(c) Assistant Manager.
(d) Pitching Coach.
2. What do Henry and Holly say when Henry calls collect from the road in Chapter 2?
(a) Their own names.
(c) Code names.
(d) Ridiculous names.
3. What does Bruce do while fighting in World War II?
(a) He works on improving weaponry.
(b) He shoots from a foxhole.
(c) He shoots from a fort.
(d) He distributes supplies.
4. Which of the following surprises Henry about Bruce as they are driving?
(a) He is joking.
(b) He is singing, joking, and laughing.
(c) He is singing.
(d) He is laughing.
5. What decision does Henry make about Bruce's illness in Chapter 2?
(a) Not to talk about it until after Bruce is in Georgia.
(b) To avoid talking about it with Bruce.
(c) Not to talk about it until Bruce is ready.
(d) To try to talk about it with Bruce.
6. Where is Bruce showing Henry places that correspond to the stories of his youth?
(a) All over the county.
(b) In most of the county.
(c) In a small part of the county.
(d) In half of the county.
7. How many years has Henry been playing baseball when the book begins?
8. Which of the following is included in the things that Henry tells Katie about Bruce?
(a) He is not contagious.
(b) He is looking for other treatment options.
(c) He is not thinking about his condition.
(d) He is going to recover.
9. How are Henry and Bruce separated during the tour while playing baseball?
(b) For weeks at a time.
(d) For months at a time.
10. What is the main thing that Sid is known for thinking about?
(a) His hitting technique.
(b) The hitting techniques of other players.
(c) His batting average.
(d) The batting averages of other players.
11. Which Georgia town is Bruce from?
12. What does Bruce convince the university to donate to his family while he is playing baseball?
(b) Farm equipiment.
(d) Farm goods.
13. How does Katie react to Henry's suggestion that she should get married?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She agrees to think about it.
(c) She leaves.
(d) She does not respond.
14. What does Henry receive during the contract negotiations?
(a) Exntended vacation days, a bonus, and the team will pay his taxes.
(b) A bonus.
(c) Extended vacation days.
(d) The team will pay his taxes.
15. Who does Henry typically sell insurance to?
(a) Friends from baseball and college.
(b) Friends from baseball.
(c) Friends from college.
(d) Friends from college and local businesses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Henry to think that Bruce's father knows about his condition?
2. What is Dutch's reaction to Bruce's explanation of why he stole the base?
3. What does Henry label the doctors after hearing about Bruce's condition?
4. What does Bruce realize about the little irritations in life in Chapter 4?
5. Where does Henry have coffee with the stewardess in Chapter 1?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)