|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Henry provide to Dutch for going to Minnesota?
(a) To sell insurance.
(b) To meet with another coach.
(c) To visit a friend.
(d) To take another course on selling insurance.
2. How does Bruce respond to the team's decision to keep him?
(a) He is concerned.
(b) He is not surprised.
(c) He is surprised.
(d) He is confused.
3. Based on the positive reaction from a previous book, what does Henry plan to include in the current book he is writing?
(a) A team picture.
(b) A team roster.
(c) An autograph.
(d) An interview.
4. What causes Henry to think that Bruce's father knows about his condition?
(a) Specific things he says in conversation.
(b) The amount of money he is willing to give during a game.
(c) He saw the telegram from the hospital.
(d) He saw him reading the medical letter.
5. What is the name of the scout that recruited Bruce after college?
(a) Ray Pink.
(b) Ron White.
(c) Robert Violet.
(d) Robbie Red.
6. When does Henry say he will be back from his trip in Chapter 1?
(a) When the baby is born.
(b) After the baby is born.
(c) Before the baby is born.
(d) He is unsure.
7. How long does Holly stay in Chapter 4?
(a) One week.
(b) For the rest of the visit.
(c) One day.
(d) One month.
8. Which of the following aspects of the country life amazes Henry in Chapter 4?
(a) The feeling of independence.
(b) The lack of clocks.
(c) The topics of conversation.
(d) The abundance of food.
9. Which position does Dutch have on the team?
(a) Batting Coach.
(b) Assistant Manager.
(d) Pitching Coach.
10. What is Henry's initial reaction to what the doctors tell him about Bruce in Chapter 1?
(a) He is quiet.
(b) He is upset.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is nervous.
11. Where does the team gather for training in Chapter 5?
(a) Crescent Lake Field.
(b) Asbury Park.
(c) Miller Huggins Field.
(d) Aqua Clara.
12. What is the main thing that Sid is known for thinking about?
(a) His batting average.
(b) The hitting techniques of other players.
(c) The batting averages of other players.
(d) His hitting technique.
13. How is Sid described?
14. What does Bruce think will happen if Dutch knows about his condition?
(a) He will be given a raise.
(b) He will not be able to play.
(c) He will be fired.
(d) He will be suspended.
15. How are Henry and Bruce separated during the tour while playing baseball?
(a) For months at a time.
(b) For weeks at a time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day is Henry playing a game of Tegwar with Joe?
2. What do the letters of the game, Tegwar, stand for?
3. Where is the hospital in which Bruce is staying?
4. How does Holly react to Henry's joking when he tells her about Bruce's condition?
5. Where does Holly leave to go back home as the baseball touring begins?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)