|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the story that Henry tells Dutch, why did he and Bruce go to Bruce's parents' house?
(a) To get away from the city.
(b) To go hunting.
(c) To visit Bruce's parents.
(d) To help Bruce's parents with farm work.
2. In what way does the group read and discuss each piece of mail in Chapter 4?
3. What time of day is Henry playing a game of Tegwar with Joe?
(a) The afternoon.
(b) The early evening.
(c) The morning.
(d) The evening.
4. Where is Bruce showing Henry places that correspond to the stories of his youth?
(a) In most of the county.
(b) All over the county.
(c) In half of the county.
(d) In a small part of the county.
5. Which of the following is the name of the insurance company that Henry sells insurance with?
6. Based on the positive reaction from a previous book, what does Henry plan to include in the current book he is writing?
(a) An autograph.
(b) A team roster.
(c) An interview.
(d) A team picture.
7. What is Henry's initial reaction to what the doctors tell him about Bruce in Chapter 1?
(a) He is quiet.
(b) He is upset.
(c) He is nervous.
(d) He is confused.
8. Which team does Bruce play for after college?
(a) New York Mammoths.
(b) New York Warriors.
(c) New York Lions.
(d) New York Knights.
9. What causes Henry to leave the game of Tegwar in Chapter 8?
(a) Joe refuses to let Bruce join the game.
(b) The game is not as exciting as it usually is.
(c) The manager calls a meeting.
(d) Henry realizes he has to practice.
10. What happens to Bruce after he surrenders in the War?
(a) He is transferred to another military base.
(b) He is given a new assignment.
(c) He is reassigned to another country.
(d) He is sent home.
11. What do the letters of the game, Tegwar, stand for?
(a) The Elaborate Game Without Added Rules.
(b) The Exciting Game With Added Rules.
(c) The Elaborate Game Without Any Rules.
(d) The Exciting Game Without Any Rules.
12. Which position does Dutch have on the team?
(a) Pitching Coach.
(b) Batting Coach.
(d) Assistant Manager.
13. Which of the following aspects of the country life amazes Henry in Chapter 4?
(a) The abundance of food.
(b) The topics of conversation.
(c) The feeling of independence.
(d) The lack of clocks.
14. Where does Bruce seem to know a lot about nature?
(a) Only far away from home.
(b) Close to home and far away from home.
(c) Only close to home.
(d) Neither close to or far away from home.
15. How many years has Henry been playing baseball when the book begins?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Henry is reminded at the end of Chapter 4, when did Bruce visit their apartment frequently?
2. What decision does Henry make about Bruce's illness in Chapter 2?
3. What does Bruce tell his parents when they ask about the news from Minnesota?
4. From which city is the coach who tries to recruit Henry?
5. How does Bruce explain the way he knew he could steal the base?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)