|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bruce do while fighting in World War II?
(a) He works on improving weaponry.
(b) He distributes supplies.
(c) He shoots from a foxhole.
(d) He shoots from a fort.
2. In what way does the group read and discuss each piece of mail in Chapter 4?
3. What is Henry thinking about at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) The times he was supportive of Bruce.
(b) The times he was mad at Bruce.
(c) The times he helped Bruce.
(d) The times Bruce helped him.
4. In what way does Henry respond to Dutch's persistent questioning?
(a) He begins asking questions of his own.
(b) He asks him to stop the questioning.
(c) He becomes upset.
(d) He ignores him.
5. What is the name of the operator that Henry and Bruce are concerned will hear their conversations?
6. How is Henry pitching after gaining weight?
(a) Faster and better than ever.
(b) The same as before.
(c) Faster, but less accurate.
(d) Slightly slower than before.
7. Which decades did Bruce help his father with farm work?
(a) 1920s and 1930s.
(c) 1930s and 1940s.
8. Which position does Dutch have on the team?
(a) Assistant Manager.
(c) Pitching Coach.
(d) Batting Coach.
9. How is Sid described?
10. What state is Henry traveling from to visit Bruce in the hospital?
(b) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
11. Besides selling insurance and playing baseball, what does Henry do?
(a) He is writing a novel, but does not have a publisher.
(b) He writes a sports column for a newspaper.
(c) He is writing a novel that will be published.
(d) He writes for a sports magazine.
12. Which day does Henry receive the phone call in Chapter 1?
13. How are Henry and Bruce separated during the tour while playing baseball?
(b) For weeks at a time.
(c) For months at a time.
14. How does Bruce explain the way he knew he could steal the base?
(a) He uses an analogy.
(b) He references the playbook.
(c) He uses logical reasoning.
(d) He references previous stolen bases.
15. What name does Bruce call Henry during the phone call in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Holly stay in Chapter 4?
2. What does Bruce tell his parents when they ask about the news from Minnesota?
3. How are the rules of Tegwar invented?
4. Where is the hospital in which Bruce is staying?
5. What is the main thing that Sid is known for thinking about?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)