|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many doctors inform Henry of Bruce's condition in Chapter 1?
(b) A few.
2. Which of the following do Bruce and Henry start doing in Chapter 4?
(a) Going to church, and town meetings and events.
(b) Participating in town events.
(c) Going to town meetings.
(d) Going to church.
3. Where does Bruce fight in World War II?
4. What does Henry receive during the contract negotiations?
(a) Exntended vacation days, a bonus, and the team will pay his taxes.
(b) A bonus.
(c) The team will pay his taxes.
(d) Extended vacation days.
5. What does Bruce think will happen if Dutch knows about his condition?
(a) He will not be able to play.
(b) He will be fired.
(c) He will be suspended.
(d) He will be given a raise.
6. Which Georgia town is Bruce from?
7. What state is Henry traveling from to visit Bruce in the hospital?
(a) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
8. Where does the team gather for training in Chapter 5?
(a) Aqua Clara.
(b) Miller Huggins Field.
(c) Asbury Park.
(d) Crescent Lake Field.
9. How many courses has Henry taken about selling insurance?
10. What is Dutch's reaction to Bruce's explanation of why he stole the base?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is impressed.
(c) He is surprised.
(d) He is angry.
11. As Henry is reminded at the end of Chapter 4, when did Bruce visit their apartment frequently?
(a) The previous year.
(b) Earlier that year.
(c) Two years ago.
(d) Several years before.
12. Why does Bruce surrender in World War II?
(a) He is separated from his unit.
(b) He runs out of ammunition.
(c) He is surrounded by the enemy.
(d) He is separated from his unit, runs out of ammunition, and is surrounded by the enemy.
13. What decision does Henry make about Bruce's illness in Chapter 2?
(a) To try to talk about it with Bruce.
(b) Not to talk about it until after Bruce is in Georgia.
(c) To avoid talking about it with Bruce.
(d) Not to talk about it until Bruce is ready.
14. What does Bruce tell his parents when they ask about the news from Minnesota?
(a) He says they are unsure what is wrong with him.
(b) He says there is nothing wrong with him.
(c) He says they think he might have a curable disease.
(d) He says that more tests are needed.
15. Which team does Bruce play for after college?
(a) New York Lions.
(b) New York Warriors.
(c) New York Knights.
(d) New York Mammoths.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many games each day does Bruce play with an amateur league?
2. Who does Henry typically sell insurance to?
3. From which city is the coach who tries to recruit Henry?
4. Which things does Bruce remember when he thinks about the times he put his life at risk?
5. What is the name of the operator that Henry and Bruce are concerned will hear their conversations?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)