|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bruce realize about the little irritations in life in Chapter 4?
(a) They only matter to certain people.
(b) They only matter in certain situations.
(c) They should not matter as much to certain people.
(d) They do not really matter.
2. How is Sid described?
3. What is Henry thinking of as the phone rings in Chapter 1?
(a) Who could be calling.
(b) Funny ways to answer it.
(c) If he should answer it.
(d) If he paid the phone bill.
4. What title is Henry given as he begins playing baseball again?
(a) Player Representative.
(b) Team Captain.
(c) Team Representative.
(d) Pitching Captain.
5. When does Henry say he will be back from his trip in Chapter 1?
(a) Before the baby is born.
(b) He is unsure.
(c) When the baby is born.
(d) After the baby is born.
6. What name does Bruce call Henry during the phone call in Chapter 1?
7. Which position does Dutch have on the team?
(a) Assistant Manager.
(b) Pitching Coach.
(d) Batting Coach.
8. How much advance notice are Bruce's parents given about his visit with Henry?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two days.
(c) One day.
9. What university recruited Bruce to play baseball?
(a) Western States University.
(b) Eastern States University.
(c) Central States University.
(d) Southern States University.
10. What time is it when Henry receives the phone call in Chapter 1?
(a) Ten a.m.
(b) One p.m.
(c) One a.m.
(d) Ten p.m.
11. Different from the earlier location given in the book, which of these is actually Bruce's hometown?
(a) Millsboro, Georgia.
(b) Mill Station, Georgia.
(c) Mill Creek, Georgia.
(d) Mill, Georgia.
12. Where is Bruce showing Henry places that correspond to the stories of his youth?
(a) In most of the county.
(b) All over the county.
(c) In half of the county.
(d) In a small part of the county.
13. Where does Bruce seem to know a lot about nature?
(a) Only far away from home.
(b) Neither close to or far away from home.
(c) Only close to home.
(d) Close to home and far away from home.
14. What do Bruce's parents do to pass the time while sitting on their front porch?
(a) Swat flies and read books.
(b) Read books and drink water.
(c) Swat flies and drink water.
(d) Swat flies, read books, and drink water.
15. Which of the following is included in the things that Henry tells Katie about Bruce?
(a) He is not contagious.
(b) He is looking for other treatment options.
(c) He is going to recover.
(d) He is not thinking about his condition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which team does Bruce play for after college?
2. What is Henry's initial reaction to what the doctors tell him about Bruce in Chapter 1?
3. Why does Bruce surrender in World War II?
4. Where is the hospital in which Bruce is staying?
5. Why does Henry refuse to sign his baseball contract in Chapter 4?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)