|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Dutch to agree to the clause that Henry insists on including in his contract?
(a) Henry's explanation.
(b) The opinion of the team owner.
(c) Henry's pitching skills.
(d) The look in Henry's eyes.
2. What does Bruce ask Henry to send him?
(a) His baseball uniform.
(b) A scorecard from the games.
(c) The book Henry is writing.
(d) His baseball cap.
3. What does Bruce tell his parents when they ask about the news from Minnesota?
(a) He says they think he might have a curable disease.
(b) He says there is nothing wrong with him.
(c) He says they are unsure what is wrong with him.
(d) He says that more tests are needed.
4. Why is Henry's decision to chew tobacco with Bruce significant?
(a) Henry is allergic to tobacco.
(b) Henry had just chewed tobacco before Bruce asked.
(c) Henry prefers chewing gum.
(d) Henry does not like tobacco.
5. How old is Goose, prompting a celebration in Chapter 16?
(a) Thirty eight.
(b) Thirty five.
(d) Thirty seven.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Henry pitching after gaining weight?
2. What does Bruce think will happen if Dutch knows about his condition?
3. Where does the team gather for training in Chapter 5?
4. What are the players complaining about as they look at their place in the league?
5. How does Katie leave in Chapter 12?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)