|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following aspects of the country life amazes Henry in Chapter 4?
(a) The topics of conversation.
(b) The lack of clocks.
(c) The abundance of food.
(d) The feeling of independence.
2. When does Henry say he will be back from his trip in Chapter 1?
(a) When the baby is born.
(b) After the baby is born.
(c) Before the baby is born.
(d) He is unsure.
3. What does Bruce think will happen if Dutch knows about his condition?
(a) He will not be able to play.
(b) He will be fired.
(c) He will be suspended.
(d) He will be given a raise.
4. What do Bruce's parents do to pass the time while sitting on their front porch?
(a) Swat flies and drink water.
(b) Read books and drink water.
(c) Swat flies and read books.
(d) Swat flies, read books, and drink water.
5. How does Sid respond to the comparison between him and a famous baseball player?
(a) It inspires him.
(b) It frustrates him.
(c) It flatters him.
(d) He is unaware of the comparison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Red's response to Henry's book?
2. How many years has Henry been playing baseball when the book begins?
3. What does Bruce tell his parents when they ask about the news from Minnesota?
4. How long after the party is the game that the team loses in Chapter 16?
5. What is Dutch's reaction to Bruce's explanation of why he stole the base?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)