|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides selling insurance and playing baseball, what does Henry do?
(a) He is writing a novel that will be published.
(b) He writes for a sports magazine.
(c) He writes a sports column for a newspaper.
(d) He is writing a novel, but does not have a publisher.
2. Which position did Red play before retiring?
(c) First Base.
3. How is Henry pitching after gaining weight?
(a) Slightly slower than before.
(b) The same as before.
(c) Faster and better than ever.
(d) Faster, but less accurate.
4. When does Bruce leave to go home to Georgia?
(a) Before the first game of the World Series.
(b) After the World Series is over.
(c) Halfway through the World Series.
(d) After the first game of the World Series.
5. What does Bruce do while fighting in World War II?
(a) He shoots from a fort.
(b) He works on improving weaponry.
(c) He distributes supplies.
(d) He shoots from a foxhole.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Bruce showing Henry places that correspond to the stories of his youth?
2. How many players offer to get Bruce a jacket when he says he is cold during a game?
3. Which one of the following is not mentioned as something that Henry does while waiting for his contract negotiation?
4. Which of the following do Bruce and Henry start doing in Chapter 4?
5. Why does Henry refuse to sign his baseball contract in Chapter 4?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)