|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry refuse to sign his baseball contract in Chapter 4?
(a) He thinks the schedule is too extensive.
(b) He is waiting to show it to a lawyer.
(c) He does not want to play in that many games.
(d) He thinks the wages are too low.
2. Where does Holly leave to go back home as the baseball touring begins?
(a) Ft. Lauderdale.
(b) Fort Meyers.
3. How does Bruce respond to Henry's decision to leave the game in Chapter 8?
(a) He is surprised.
(b) He is understanding.
(c) He is unaware of it.
(d) He is sad.
4. What does Bruce think will happen if Dutch knows about his condition?
(a) He will not be able to play.
(b) He will be suspended.
(c) He will be fired.
(d) He will be given a raise.
5. Which of the following do Bruce and Henry start doing in Chapter 4?
(a) Going to church.
(b) Going to town meetings.
(c) Participating in town events.
(d) Going to church, and town meetings and events.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which position did Red play before retiring?
2. Which team does Bruce play for after college?
3. How does Dutch react to the clause that Henry insists on including in his contract?
4. What causes Henry to think that Bruce's father knows about his condition?
5. Which of the players are drinking during the party in Chapter 16?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)