|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Henry to think that Bruce's father knows about his condition?
(a) Specific things he says in conversation.
(b) The amount of money he is willing to give during a game.
(c) He saw the telegram from the hospital.
(d) He saw him reading the medical letter.
2. What idea does Henry get after the baby is born?
(a) To play less games.
(b) To write a song.
(c) To retire soon.
(d) To write a book.
3. How does Holly react to Henry's joking when he tells her about Bruce's condition?
(a) She is surprised.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is appalled.
(d) She is confused.
4. What does Dutch do when he sees Piney wearing a gun belt?
(a) He removes the bullets.
(b) He confiscates the gun, belt, and bullets.
(c) He confiscates the gun and belt.
(d) He confiscates the gun.
5. What does Bruce tell his parents when they ask about the news from Minnesota?
(a) He says there is nothing wrong with him.
(b) He says they think he might have a curable disease.
(c) He says that more tests are needed.
(d) He says they are unsure what is wrong with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many players offer to get Bruce a jacket when he says he is cold during a game?
2. What causes Dutch to agree to the clause that Henry insists on including in his contract?
3. What is Dutch's reaction to Bruce's explanation of why he stole the base?
4. How far along is the season at the beginning of Chapter 17?
5. What is Henry trying to find out in Chapter 10?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)