|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the detective that Dutch introduces to Henry?
(a) Mr. Smith.
(b) Mr. Roberts.
(c) Mr. Sullivan.
(d) Mr. Rogers.
2. Who is Goose arguing with about the bullets in the gun at the party in Chapter 16?
3. How many players know about Bruce's illness at the end of Chapter 13?
(d) A few.
4. Besides selling insurance and playing baseball, what does Henry do?
(a) He is writing a novel that will be published.
(b) He is writing a novel, but does not have a publisher.
(c) He writes a sports column for a newspaper.
(d) He writes for a sports magazine.
5. How much advance notice are Bruce's parents given about his visit with Henry?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One day.
(c) Two days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which decades did Bruce help his father with farm work?
2. How does Dutch react when he realizes that he was fooled by Henry in the contract dealings?
3. What causes Dutch to agree to the clause that Henry insists on including in his contract?
4. What is Henry thinking about at the end of Chapter 3?
5. Who informs Henry that Bruce has passed away?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)