|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Dutch to agree to the clause that Henry insists on including in his contract?
(a) Henry's pitching skills.
(b) The look in Henry's eyes.
(c) The opinion of the team owner.
(d) Henry's explanation.
2. How does Katie react to Henry's suggestion that she should get married?
(a) She does not respond.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She agrees to think about it.
(d) She leaves.
3. What is the main thing that Sid is known for thinking about?
(a) The batting averages of other players.
(b) His hitting technique.
(c) The hitting techniques of other players.
(d) His batting average.
4. Different from the earlier location given in the book, which of these is actually Bruce's hometown?
(a) Mill Station, Georgia.
(b) Mill, Georgia.
(c) Millsboro, Georgia.
(d) Mill Creek, Georgia.
5. Which of the following surprises Henry about Bruce as they are driving?
(a) He is laughing.
(b) He is singing.
(c) He is joking.
(d) He is singing, joking, and laughing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Bruce's parents respond to Henry's visit?
2. What happens to Bruce after he surrenders in the War?
3. What does Bruce eventually realize about the teasing from the other players?
4. Who is wondering why Bruce is being played in the games?
5. What does Bruce tell his parents when they ask about the news from Minnesota?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)