|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Henry to think that Bruce's father knows about his condition?
(a) Specific things he says in conversation.
(b) He saw the telegram from the hospital.
(c) The amount of money he is willing to give during a game.
(d) He saw him reading the medical letter.
2. What do Bruce's parents do to pass the time while sitting on their front porch?
(a) Swat flies and read books.
(b) Swat flies and drink water.
(c) Swat flies, read books, and drink water.
(d) Read books and drink water.
3. What does Bruce eventually realize about the teasing from the other players?
(a) It is about Henry, not him.
(b) It is about him, not Henry.
(c) It is about both him and Henry.
(d) It is about neither him nor Henry.
4. How does Bruce respond to Henry's decision to leave the game in Chapter 8?
(a) He is surprised.
(b) He is understanding.
(c) He is unaware of it.
(d) He is sad.
5. What is the weather like when Henry is flying to Minnesota in Chapter 1?
(a) It is raining.
(b) It is sunny.
(c) There is a snowstorm.
(d) It is a lot of fog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Dutch about Bruce's condition?
2. What does Bruce realize about the little irritations in life in Chapter 4?
3. Why does Dutch bring in Piney?
4. How many months has Holly been pregnant when Henry leaves for the hospital in Chapter 1?
5. What is the name of the scout that recruited Bruce after college?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)