|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Bruce's parents do to pass the time while sitting on their front porch?
(a) Swat flies and read books.
(b) Swat flies and drink water.
(c) Read books and drink water.
(d) Swat flies, read books, and drink water.
2. What is the name of the detective that Dutch introduces to Henry?
(a) Mr. Rogers.
(b) Mr. Sullivan.
(c) Mr. Roberts.
(d) Mr. Smith.
3. How many games each day does Bruce play with an amateur league?
(a) One or two.
(b) Only one.
(d) Two or three.
4. What is Henry's response to Katie's threat in Chapter 12?
(a) He counters with a threat to tell the police about her activities.
(b) He counters with a threat to tell Bruce why she is marrying him.
(c) He laughs with confidence.
(d) He refuses to acknowledge it.
5. What university recruited Bruce to play baseball?
(a) Eastern States University.
(b) Central States University.
(c) Western States University.
(d) Southern States University.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bruce tell his parents when they ask about the news from Minnesota?
2. As Henry is reminded at the end of Chapter 4, when did Bruce visit their apartment frequently?
3. What does Bruce receive from other team members for his birthday?
4. Why does Bruce surrender in World War II?
5. Which day does Henry receive the phone call in Chapter 1?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)