|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Bruce after he surrenders in the War?
(a) He is given a new assignment.
(b) He is transferred to another military base.
(c) He is sent home.
(d) He is reassigned to another country.
2. How much advance notice are Bruce's parents given about his visit with Henry?
(a) One day.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two days.
3. Which of the following surprises Henry about Bruce as they are driving?
(a) He is laughing.
(b) He is singing.
(c) He is singing, joking, and laughing.
(d) He is joking.
4. What does the coach from a different city offer Henry in an attempt to recruit him?
(a) A lighter schedule.
(b) More money.
(c) More money, a lighter schedule, and more vacation days.
(d) More vacation days.
5. Why does Henry refuse to sign his baseball contract in Chapter 4?
(a) He thinks the schedule is too extensive.
(b) He is waiting to show it to a lawyer.
(c) He does not want to play in that many games.
(d) He thinks the wages are too low.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bruce do while fighting in World War II?
2. How many doctors inform Henry of Bruce's condition in Chapter 1?
3. How does Bruce explain the way he knew he could steal the base?
4. Which day does Henry receive the phone call in Chapter 1?
5. As Henry is reminded at the end of Chapter 4, when did Bruce visit their apartment frequently?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)