|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henry thinking about at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) The times he was supportive of Bruce.
(b) The times Bruce helped him.
(c) The times he was mad at Bruce.
(d) The times he helped Bruce.
2. Where does Henry have coffee with the stewardess in Chapter 1?
(b) Fort Wayne.
3. How many years has Henry been playing baseball when the book begins?
4. Which of the following aspects of the country life amazes Henry in Chapter 4?
(a) The feeling of independence.
(b) The abundance of food.
(c) The lack of clocks.
(d) The topics of conversation.
5. How long does the group wait for the mail each morning in Chapter 4?
(a) Two hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) A few hours.
(d) Several hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's initial reaction to what the doctors tell him about Bruce in Chapter 1?
2. Who does Henry typically sell insurance to?
3. Why does Bruce surrender in World War II?
4. How much advance notice are Bruce's parents given about his visit with Henry?
5. What time is it when Henry receives the phone call in Chapter 1?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)