|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bruce tell his parents when they ask about the news from Minnesota?
(a) He says they are unsure what is wrong with him.
(b) He says they think he might have a curable disease.
(c) He says there is nothing wrong with him.
(d) He says that more tests are needed.
2. How do Bruce's parents respond to Henry's visit?
(a) They are surprised.
(b) They are happy.
(c) They are confused.
(d) They are excited.
3. Why does Henry refuse to sign his baseball contract in Chapter 4?
(a) He is waiting to show it to a lawyer.
(b) He thinks the wages are too low.
(c) He thinks the schedule is too extensive.
(d) He does not want to play in that many games.
4. Who does Henry typically sell insurance to?
(a) Friends from baseball.
(b) Friends from baseball and college.
(c) Friends from college and local businesses.
(d) Friends from college.
5. What state is Henry traveling from to visit Bruce in the hospital?
(c) New Jersey.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision does Henry make about Bruce's illness in Chapter 2?
2. How many doctors inform Henry of Bruce's condition in Chapter 1?
3. What does Bruce realize about the little irritations in life in Chapter 4?
4. How many baseball seasons did Bruce play in college?
5. What name does Bruce call Henry during the phone call in Chapter 1?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)