|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Bruce after he surrenders in the War?
(a) He is sent home.
(b) He is transferred to another military base.
(c) He is given a new assignment.
(d) He is reassigned to another country.
2. Besides selling insurance and playing baseball, what does Henry do?
(a) He is writing a novel that will be published.
(b) He is writing a novel, but does not have a publisher.
(c) He writes for a sports magazine.
(d) He writes a sports column for a newspaper.
3. Which of the following do Bruce and Henry start doing in Chapter 4?
(a) Going to church.
(b) Going to town meetings.
(c) Participating in town events.
(d) Going to church, and town meetings and events.
4. How much advance notice are Bruce's parents given about his visit with Henry?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One day.
(c) Two days.
5. Different from the earlier location given in the book, which of these is actually Bruce's hometown?
(a) Millsboro, Georgia.
(b) Mill, Georgia.
(c) Mill Creek, Georgia.
(d) Mill Station, Georgia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Henry have coffee with the stewardess in Chapter 1?
2. Which decades did Bruce help his father with farm work?
3. Which Georgia town is Bruce from?
4. What does Henry label the doctors after hearing about Bruce's condition?
5. Why does Henry refuse to sign his baseball contract in Chapter 4?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)