|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bruce tell his parents when they ask about the news from Minnesota?
(a) He says they think he might have a curable disease.
(b) He says they are unsure what is wrong with him.
(c) He says there is nothing wrong with him.
(d) He says that more tests are needed.
2. As Henry is reminded at the end of Chapter 4, when did Bruce visit their apartment frequently?
(a) Several years before.
(b) Earlier that year.
(c) The previous year.
(d) Two years ago.
3. Why does Henry refuse to sign his baseball contract in Chapter 4?
(a) He thinks the schedule is too extensive.
(b) He is waiting to show it to a lawyer.
(c) He does not want to play in that many games.
(d) He thinks the wages are too low.
4. What do Henry and Holly say when Henry calls collect from the road in Chapter 2?
(b) Their own names.
(c) Ridiculous names.
(d) Code names.
5. What time is it when Henry receives the phone call in Chapter 1?
(a) One a.m.
(b) Ten p.m.
(c) One p.m.
(d) Ten a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which decades did Bruce help his father with farm work?
2. Different from the earlier location given in the book, which of these is actually Bruce's hometown?
3. Where does Bruce seem to know a lot about nature?
4. Where is Bruce showing Henry places that correspond to the stories of his youth?
5. How much advance notice are Bruce's parents given about his visit with Henry?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)