|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision does Henry make about Bruce's illness in Chapter 2?
(a) Not to talk about it until after Bruce is in Georgia.
(b) To avoid talking about it with Bruce.
(c) To try to talk about it with Bruce.
(d) Not to talk about it until Bruce is ready.
2. What does Bruce think will happen if Dutch knows about his condition?
(a) He will not be able to play.
(b) He will be given a raise.
(c) He will be fired.
(d) He will be suspended.
3. As Henry is reminded at the end of Chapter 4, when did Bruce visit their apartment frequently?
(a) Several years before.
(b) Two years ago.
(c) The previous year.
(d) Earlier that year.
4. What do Henry and Holly say when Henry calls collect from the road in Chapter 2?
(a) Their own names.
(b) Ridiculous names.
(d) Code names.
5. What does Bruce tell his parents when they ask about the news from Minnesota?
(a) He says they think he might have a curable disease.
(b) He says that more tests are needed.
(c) He says there is nothing wrong with him.
(d) He says they are unsure what is wrong with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does the group read and discuss each piece of mail in Chapter 4?
2. What is the name of the scout that recruited Bruce after college?
3. How long does the group wait for the mail each morning in Chapter 4?
4. Different from the earlier location given in the book, which of these is actually Bruce's hometown?
5. Why does Bruce surrender in World War II?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)