|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Bruce's parents do to pass the time while sitting on their front porch?
(a) Swat flies, read books, and drink water.
(b) Swat flies and read books.
(c) Read books and drink water.
(d) Swat flies and drink water.
2. What does Bruce think will happen if Dutch knows about his condition?
(a) He will be given a raise.
(b) He will be fired.
(c) He will not be able to play.
(d) He will be suspended.
3. Where is Bruce showing Henry places that correspond to the stories of his youth?
(a) In a small part of the county.
(b) In half of the county.
(c) All over the county.
(d) In most of the county.
4. In what way does the group read and discuss each piece of mail in Chapter 4?
5. How many baseball seasons did Bruce play in college?
(a) A few.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much advance notice are Bruce's parents given about his visit with Henry?
2. Different from the earlier location given in the book, which of these is actually Bruce's hometown?
3. What causes Henry to think that Bruce's father knows about his condition?
4. What do Henry and Holly say when Henry calls collect from the road in Chapter 2?
5. How does Holly react to Henry's joking when he tells her about Bruce's condition?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)