|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the detectives do when they are called to the room because of the shots fired by Goose?
(a) They take the gun and fine Henry.
(b) They neither take the gun nor fine Henry.
(c) They take the gun, but do not fine Henry.
(d) They fine Henry, but do not take the gun.
2. What does Bruce tell his parents when they ask about the news from Minnesota?
(a) He says they are unsure what is wrong with him.
(b) He says there is nothing wrong with him.
(c) He says they think he might have a curable disease.
(d) He says that more tests are needed.
3. Besides catching, which other aspect of the game does Red teach Bruce?
(a) To help the outfield.
(b) To help the coaches.
(c) To help the pitcher.
(d) To help the infield.
4. How does Henry let off some steam while thinking about things after talking about Bruce with his father?
(a) He slams a door.
(b) He trashes a hotel room.
(c) He breaks a window.
(d) He screams out the window.
5. What is Henry's response to Katie's threat in Chapter 12?
(a) He laughs with confidence.
(b) He counters with a threat to tell Bruce why she is marrying him.
(c) He refuses to acknowledge it.
(d) He counters with a threat to tell the police about her activities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which game does Henry play in before hearing that Holly is in labor?
2. How many players know about Bruce's illness at the end of Chapter 13?
3. Which name do Holly and Henry give to their baby?
4. Besides the coaches and their wives, who is at the meeting that Henry walks into during Chapter 14?
5. How are some players singing in the shower after the meeting in Chapter 9?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)