|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does Henry respond to Dutch's persistent questioning?
(a) He begins asking questions of his own.
(b) He becomes upset.
(c) He ignores him.
(d) He asks him to stop the questioning.
2. Who is Joe collecting money from in Chapter 13?
(a) The players, the managers, and the coaches.
(b) The coaches.
(c) The players.
(d) The managers.
3. As explained in Chapter 9, who is responsible for the success of the team?
(a) A few key players.
(b) Most of the team.
(c) A lot of key players.
(d) The entire team.
4. How does Henry let off some steam while thinking about things after talking about Bruce with his father?
(a) He slams a door.
(b) He trashes a hotel room.
(c) He breaks a window.
(d) He screams out the window.
5. Which of the following aspects of the country life amazes Henry in Chapter 4?
(a) The abundance of food.
(b) The topics of conversation.
(c) The lack of clocks.
(d) The feeling of independence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dutch outraged about Bruce's successful attempt at stealing a base?
2. How does Katie leave in Chapter 12?
3. How long has it been since Henry and Holly have been at Katie's house before Chapter 10?
4. What does Bruce do while fighting in World War II?
5. Which decades did Bruce help his father with farm work?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)