|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henry's response to Katie's threat in Chapter 12?
(a) He counters with a threat to tell the police about her activities.
(b) He refuses to acknowledge it.
(c) He laughs with confidence.
(d) He counters with a threat to tell Bruce why she is marrying him.
2. What does Henry receive during the contract negotiations?
(a) The team will pay his taxes.
(b) A bonus.
(c) Exntended vacation days, a bonus, and the team will pay his taxes.
(d) Extended vacation days.
3. Which decades did Bruce help his father with farm work?
(a) 1920s and 1930s.
(d) 1930s and 1940s.
4. How does Holly react to Henry's joking when he tells her about Bruce's condition?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is appalled.
(c) She is surprised.
(d) She is angry.
5. Which things does Bruce remember when he thinks about the times he put his life at risk?
(a) Doing dangerous work, playing in unsafe places, and going to War.
(b) Doing dangerous work, participating in sports, and playing in unsafe places.
(c) Playing in unsafe places, participating in sports, and going to War.
(d) Doing dangerous work, participating in sports, and going to War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bruce realize about the little irritations in life in Chapter 4?
2. How does Katie leave in Chapter 12?
3. How does Sid respond to the comparison between him and a famous baseball player?
4. How much advance notice are Bruce's parents given about his visit with Henry?
5. Why is Dutch outraged about Bruce's successful attempt at stealing a base?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)