|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is sending Bruce false letters from the insurance company?
(b) Both Holly and Henry.
(c) It is not revealed.
2. How does Bruce respond to Henry's decision to leave the game in Chapter 8?
(a) He is sad.
(b) He is understanding.
(c) He is surprised.
(d) He is unaware of it.
3. Besides catching, which other aspect of the game does Red teach Bruce?
(a) To help the outfield.
(b) To help the coaches.
(c) To help the infield.
(d) To help the pitcher.
4. Besides selling insurance and playing baseball, what does Henry do?
(a) He is writing a novel that will be published.
(b) He writes for a sports magazine.
(c) He is writing a novel, but does not have a publisher.
(d) He writes a sports column for a newspaper.
5. What is Henry trying to find out in Chapter 10?
(a) Katie's motives, her background, and her financial situation.
(b) Katie's motives.
(c) Katie's background.
(d) Katie's financial situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the title of the book come from?
2. How does Sid respond to the comparison between him and a famous baseball player?
3. How does Bruce explain the way he knew he could steal the base?
4. How many people are watching Henry's Tegwar game in Chapter 8?
5. What name does Bruce call Henry during the phone call in Chapter 1?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)