|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bruce tell his parents when they ask about the news from Minnesota?
(a) He says that more tests are needed.
(b) He says they think he might have a curable disease.
(c) He says they are unsure what is wrong with him.
(d) He says there is nothing wrong with him.
2. How does Holly react to Henry's joking when he tells her about Bruce's condition?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is appalled.
(c) She is surprised.
(d) She is angry.
3. Where does Bruce fight in World War II?
4. What time is it when Henry receives the phone call in Chapter 1?
(a) Ten a.m.
(b) One p.m.
(c) One a.m.
(d) Ten p.m.
5. Which of the following aspects of the country life amazes Henry in Chapter 4?
(a) The topics of conversation.
(b) The lack of clocks.
(c) The feeling of independence.
(d) The abundance of food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry thinking about at the end of Chapter 3?
2. How many years has Henry been playing baseball when the book begins?
3. What decision does Henry make about Bruce's illness in Chapter 2?
4. How much advance notice are Bruce's parents given about his visit with Henry?
5. What state is Henry traveling from to visit Bruce in the hospital?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)