|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sid respond to the comparison between him and a famous baseball player?
(a) He is unaware of the comparison.
(b) It flatters him.
(c) It frustrates him.
(d) It inspires him.
2. Where is Bruce showing Henry places that correspond to the stories of his youth?
(a) In a small part of the county.
(b) In half of the county.
(c) In most of the county.
(d) All over the county.
3. What does Bruce tell his parents when they ask about the news from Minnesota?
(a) He says that more tests are needed.
(b) He says they think he might have a curable disease.
(c) He says they are unsure what is wrong with him.
(d) He says there is nothing wrong with him.
4. What causes Henry to think that Bruce's father knows about his condition?
(a) He saw the telegram from the hospital.
(b) Specific things he says in conversation.
(c) He saw him reading the medical letter.
(d) The amount of money he is willing to give during a game.
5. In what way does Henry respond to Dutch's persistent questioning?
(a) He begins asking questions of his own.
(b) He ignores him.
(c) He becomes upset.
(d) He asks him to stop the questioning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Henry and Holly say when Henry calls collect from the road in Chapter 2?
2. How are some players singing in the shower after the meeting in Chapter 9?
3. What reason does Henry provide to Dutch for going to Minnesota?
4. What is Henry trying to find out in Chapter 10?
5. What is the main thing that Sid is known for thinking about?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)