|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dutch's reaction to Bruce's explanation of why he stole the base?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is impressed.
(c) He is surprised.
(d) He is angry.
2. Which decades did Bruce help his father with farm work?
(c) 1930s and 1940s.
(d) 1920s and 1930s.
3. Which type of a song are other players making up about Katie?
4. What happens to Bruce after he surrenders in the War?
(a) He is transferred to another military base.
(b) He is given a new assignment.
(c) He is sent home.
(d) He is reassigned to another country.
5. What title is Henry given as he begins playing baseball again?
(a) Team Representative.
(b) Player Representative.
(c) Pitching Captain.
(d) Team Captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does the group read and discuss each piece of mail in Chapter 4?
2. What does Bruce realize about the little irritations in life in Chapter 4?
3. What is becoming apparent about the team as the season continues?
4. How long has it been since Henry and Holly have been at Katie's house before Chapter 10?
5. Who does Henry inadvertently tell about Bruce's condition in Chapter 9?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)