|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry indicate that everyone will find out about Bruce's condition?
(a) From Joe's wife.
(b) From Dutch.
(c) He does not know how other people will find out.
(d) From other players.
2. How long does Holly stay in Chapter 4?
(a) One day.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) For the rest of the visit.
3. Who is Joe collecting money from in Chapter 13?
(a) The managers.
(b) The players.
(c) The players, the managers, and the coaches.
(d) The coaches.
4. In baseball, which does Bruce like better, hitting or catching?
(a) It is not mentioned.
(d) He likes them both the same.
5. How are the flowers selected to send to the funeral for Bruce's mother?
(a) Henry and Holly select them.
(b) The girl at the telegraph office selects them.
(c) Henry selects them.
(d) Holly selects them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bruce realize about the little irritations in life in Chapter 4?
2. How many players know about Bruce's illness at the end of Chapter 13?
3. In what way does Henry respond to Dutch's persistent questioning?
4. How does Dutch's wife learn about Bruce's condition?
5. How does Bruce explain the way he knew he could steal the base?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)