|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dutch bring in Piney?
(a) To be an assistant pitching coach.
(b) To be a backup catcher.
(c) To be a backup pitcher.
(d) To be an assistant catching coach.
2. How does Bruce respond to Henry's decision to leave the game in Chapter 8?
(a) He is unaware of it.
(b) He is surprised.
(c) He is understanding.
(d) He is sad.
3. How is the team doing as the season officially opens?
(a) They are winning all of their games.
(b) They are winning most of their games.
(c) They are winning a portion of their games.
(d) They are winning half of their games.
4. Besides the coaches and their wives, who is at the meeting that Henry walks into during Chapter 14?
(a) Doctors and lawyers.
(b) Doctors and detectives.
(c) Detectives and lawyers.
(d) Doctors, detectives, and lawyers.
5. What is the main thing that Sid is known for thinking about?
(a) The hitting techniques of other players.
(b) His hitting technique.
(c) The batting averages of other players.
(d) His batting average.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Joe collecting money from in Chapter 13?
2. How does Dutch react when he realizes that he was fooled by Henry in the contract dealings?
3. What is the name of the person that Henry is talking to in the elevator in Chapter 14?
4. What does Bruce realize about the little irritations in life in Chapter 4?
5. What does Bruce tell his parents when they ask about the news from Minnesota?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)