|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry indicate that everyone will find out about Bruce's condition?
(a) From Joe's wife.
(b) He does not know how other people will find out.
(c) From other players.
(d) From Dutch.
2. Why is Dutch outraged about Bruce's successful attempt at stealing a base?
(a) He used a new sliding technique.
(b) He could have been injured.
(c) He did it without instruction.
(d) He did it even though he was instructed not to.
3. Why is Dutch not at the practice in Chapter 14?
(a) He is out of town.
(b) A reason is not provided.
(c) His wife is in town.
(d) He has a meeting.
4. What do Bruce's parents do to pass the time while sitting on their front porch?
(a) Swat flies and drink water.
(b) Read books and drink water.
(c) Swat flies and read books.
(d) Swat flies, read books, and drink water.
5. In baseball, which does Bruce like better, hitting or catching?
(c) He likes them both the same.
(d) It is not mentioned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following aspects of the country life amazes Henry in Chapter 4?
2. Why does Henry refuse to sign his baseball contract in Chapter 4?
3. What causes Henry to think that Bruce's father knows about his condition?
4. What day is it when Chapter 14 begins?
5. As Henry is reminded at the end of Chapter 4, when did Bruce visit their apartment frequently?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)