|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry indicate that everyone will find out about Bruce's condition?
(a) He does not know how other people will find out.
(b) From Dutch.
(c) From Joe's wife.
(d) From other players.
2. Which of the following is included in the things that Henry tells Katie about Bruce?
(a) He is not contagious.
(b) He is going to recover.
(c) He is looking for other treatment options.
(d) He is not thinking about his condition.
3. What do Bruce's parents do to pass the time while sitting on their front porch?
(a) Swat flies and drink water.
(b) Read books and drink water.
(c) Swat flies and read books.
(d) Swat flies, read books, and drink water.
4. How are the flowers selected to send to the funeral for Bruce's mother?
(a) Henry and Holly select them.
(b) Henry selects them.
(c) The girl at the telegraph office selects them.
(d) Holly selects them.
5. What causes Henry to think that Bruce's father knows about his condition?
(a) Specific things he says in conversation.
(b) He saw the telegram from the hospital.
(c) He saw him reading the medical letter.
(d) The amount of money he is willing to give during a game.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Henry and Katie meet to talk about Bruce's condition?
2. How does Dutch react when he realizes that he was fooled by Henry in the contract dealings?
3. Which position did Red play before retiring?
4. In what way does the group read and discuss each piece of mail in Chapter 4?
5. What time of day is Henry playing a game of Tegwar with Joe?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)