|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dutch bring in Piney?
(a) To be an assistant pitching coach.
(b) To be a backup catcher.
(c) To be a backup pitcher.
(d) To be an assistant catching coach.
2. How many players know about Bruce's illness at the end of Chapter 13?
(c) A few.
3. Which of the following aspects of the country life amazes Henry in Chapter 4?
(a) The feeling of independence.
(b) The lack of clocks.
(c) The topics of conversation.
(d) The abundance of food.
4. What causes Henry to think that Bruce's father knows about his condition?
(a) Specific things he says in conversation.
(b) He saw him reading the medical letter.
(c) The amount of money he is willing to give during a game.
(d) He saw the telegram from the hospital.
5. Why does Henry refuse to sign his baseball contract in Chapter 4?
(a) He thinks the wages are too low.
(b) He thinks the schedule is too extensive.
(c) He does not want to play in that many games.
(d) He is waiting to show it to a lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which position does Dutch have on the team?
2. How does Bruce explain the way he knew he could steal the base?
3. Which of the following is included in the things that Henry tells Katie about Bruce?
4. Which of the following do Bruce and Henry start doing in Chapter 4?
5. According to the story that Henry tells Dutch, why did he and Bruce go to Bruce's parents' house?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)