|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Captain Sobel was transferred to head a new what in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
(a) Marksmanship school.
(b) Grammar school.
(c) Diving school.
(d) Parachute school.
2. What term means to surrender unconditionally or on stipulated terms?
(b) Wave the flag.
3. What was the name of the risky and vital operation Easy Company was assigned to in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
4. The Island in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944" was surrounded by what?
(a) Jagged rocks.
(c) Diseased seabirds.
5. In Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944," after securing Ste. Marie-du-Mont, the military ordered Easy Company to lead the battalion through where?
6. Who led the final assault on the third and final German gun in the battery in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
(a) Lieutenant Ronald Speirs.
(b) Captain Salve H. Matheson.
(c) Brigadier General Anthony Clement McAuliffe.
(d) First Lieutenant Henry Jones.
7. Where did the men of Easy Company return after being released from Carentan?
(c) Boot camp.
8. Where did the German troops change their target to when they had Easy Company surrounded in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
9. Who did Winters quickly find after landing in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
(a) Sergeant Strohl.
(b) Corporal Dukeman
(c) Sergeant Lipton.
(d) First Lieutenant Pisancin.
10. What did Winters lose when he landed in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
(a) His shoe.
(b) His backpack.
(c) His leg bag.
(d) His gun.
11. What refers to the material fired, scattered, dropped, or detonated from any weapon, as bombs or rockets, and especially shot, shrapnel, bullets, or shells fired by guns?
12. Who led the frontal assault while the machine gunners provided support on the German machine guns in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
(a) Robert L. Strayer
(b) Oliver M. Horton.
(c) Dick Winters.
(d) Clarence Hester.
13. Who did the company officers consult with about their ultimatum in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944" who suggested they step down?
(a) Salve H. Matheson.
(b) Dick Winters.
(c) Henry Jones.
(d) Maxwell Davenport Taylor.
14. Growing dissatisfaction with Sobel's lack of tactical skill made some officers consider approaching who about the problem in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
(a) Major Clarence Hester.
(b) Colonel Sink.
(c) Lieutenant Colonel Robert L. Strayer.
(d) Major Oliver M. Horton.
15. Who was the 2nd Lieutenant of the Easy Company in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"?
(a) George Lavenson.
(b) Robert Rousch.
(c) Dick Winters.
(d) John E. Pisancin.
Short Answer Questions
1. The objective of Market-Garden was to take control of what?
2. Who verbally reprimanded the company for considering mutiny in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
3. Who in the narrative stands out as the protagonist?
4. What did Lieutenant Winters and ten other men receive at the end of Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944"?
5. The Germans relied more on its counterattack rather than its what, as advised to the troops in Chapter Four, "Look Out Hitler! Here We Come!: Slapton Sands, Upottery: April 1-June 5, 1944"?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)