|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ran down the road and six men followed, but the remainder stayed in the ditch during the attack on Carentan?
(a) Lieutenant JB Stokes.
(b) Lieutenant Welsh.
(c) Lieutenant Thomas A. Peacock.
(d) Lieutenant Sterling W. Horner.
2. What tanks arrived at Easy Company's location after the successful invasion on D-Day?
(a) American Sherman tanks.
(b) Italian Semoventes.
(c) British Valentines.
(d) British Vickers.
3. The Germans relied more on its counterattack rather than its what, as advised to the troops in Chapter Four, "Look Out Hitler! Here We Come!: Slapton Sands, Upottery: April 1-June 5, 1944"?
(a) Air offenses.
(b) Coastal defenses.
(c) Ground defences.
(d) Air defenses.
4. What ultimatum did the company officers give Major Strayer in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Alrbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
(a) They would quit if Hester wasn't replaced.
(b) They would quit if Winters wasn't replaced.
(c) They would quit if Horton wasn't replaced.
(d) They would quit if Sobel wasn't replaced.
5. Who worried that his injuries would cause permanent damage in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
(a) George Lavenson.
(b) Carwood Lipton.
(c) John E. Pisancin.
(d) Edward J. Tipper.
6. Easy Company relieved troops near what area that was being held by an entire division in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
7. When did the 101st Airborne division conduct practice jumps in preparation for D-Day?
(a) March, 1944.
(b) August, 1945.
(c) May, 1944.
(d) April, 1944.
8. What were the men served a large meal of before being ordered to run up Mount Currahee in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"?
(a) Fish and chips.
(b) Steak and potatoes.
9. What refers to a small pit, usually for one or two soldiers, dug as a shelter in a battle area?
(a) Wolf den.
(b) Rat nest.
(c) Bear den.
10. What were the troops given for the first time when they flew out for D-Day in Chapter Four, "Look Out Hitler! Here We Come!: Slapton Sands, Upottery: April 1-June 5, 1944"?
(a) Live ammunitiom.
(d) Airsickness pills.
11. What was the rally point for American forces coming from both Utah Beach and Omaha Beach in the D-Day invasion?
12. Easy Company was involved with a mission to take what beach on D-Day?
(a) Idaho Beach.
(b) Utah Beach.
(c) California Beach.
(d) Oregon Beach.
13. Who transferred Winters out of Easy Company as the battalion mess officer in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
(a) Colonel Robert Frederick Sink.
(b) Brigadier General Anthony Clement McAuliffe.
(c) Major Oliver M. Horton.
(d) Major Strayer.
14. How many Germans comprised the companies which were pushed back in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
15. What refers to the material fired, scattered, dropped, or detonated from any weapon, as bombs or rockets, and especially shot, shrapnel, bullets, or shells fired by guns?
Short Answer Questions
1. The men of Easy Company were rewarded after D-Day in England with new gear, pay and what?
2. Who did the company officers consult with about their ultimatum in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944" who suggested they step down?
3. The plane carrying who was hit with bullets and exploded during its landing attempt in Chapter Four, "Look Out Hitler! Here We Come!: Slapton Sands, Upottery: April 1-June 5, 1944"?
4. What was the name of the Army-planned a practice operation on a stretch of English coastline in preparation for D-Day?
5. Who took over as Commanding Officer of Easy Company after their current commander was shot in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)