|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who in the narrative stands out as the protagonist?
(a) JB Stokes.
(b) Herbert Sobel.
(c) Dick Winters.
(d) Henry Jones.
2. What portion of parachute training were the men of the Easy Company excused from?
(a) Sleep deprivation.
(b) Physical training.
(c) Parachute packing.
(d) Psychological training.
3. In Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944," commanding officers ordered the battalion to eliminate the German troops that located where?
(a) South of Veghel.
(b) North of Veghel.
(c) Southwest of Veghel.
(d) Northeast of Veghel.
4. Winters' group joined forces with how many men after their landing in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
5. The men of Easy Company traveled to where, which was eighty miles west of London, in September, 1943?
6. Easy Company was involved with a mission to take what beach on D-Day?
(a) Oregon Beach.
(b) Utah Beach.
(c) Idaho Beach.
(d) California Beach.
7. Where did Easy Company's regiment move in March, 1943?
(a) Camp Tenaya.
(b) Camp Mackall.
(c) Camp Lucas.
(d) Camp Pendleton.
8. The incident of a German attack by torpedoes on the training regiments in England in Chapter Four, "Look Out Hitler! Here We Come!: Slapton Sands, Upottery: April 1-June 5, 1944" was covered up by the military for how many years?
9. In what state was the camp located where the Easy Company moved in March, 1943?
(a) West Virginia.
(c) North Carolina.
(d) New Jersey.
10. After how long at the battle at Carentan were the men of Easy Company relieved from the front lines?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 1 month.
11. What marked the date that the 506th parachute infantry regiment officially joined the 101st Airborne Division?
(a) January 3, 1944.
(b) December 14, 1941.
(c) June 10, 1943.
(d) April 22, 1942.
12. What did Winters bring to training maneuvers against military regulation in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
(a) Nuclear weapons.
(c) Live ammunition.
(d) Food and drink.
13. Who led the frontal assault while the machine gunners provided support on the German machine guns in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
(a) Dick Winters.
(b) Robert L. Strayer
(c) Oliver M. Horton.
(d) Clarence Hester.
14. What did the pilots do when coming under attack over the drop zone in Chapter Four, "Look Out Hitler! Here We Come!: Slapton Sands, Upottery: April 1-June 5, 1944"?
(a) Banked right.
(b) Sped up.
(c) Slowed down.
(d) Banked left.
15. In Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944," after securing Ste. Marie-du-Mont, the military ordered Easy Company to lead the battalion through where?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the men of Easy Company initially greeted with in London in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
2. How many divisions were set to do a daytime drop in the risky operation Easy Company was assigned to in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
3. Who was the 2nd Lieutenant of the Easy Company in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"?
4. Where did the ship with Easy Company arrive in September, 1943?
5. What tanks arrived at Easy Company's location after the successful invasion on D-Day?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)