|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the 2nd Battalion of the 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment of the 4th Brigade combat team of the 101st Airborne Division?
(a) Jaguar Company.
(b) Yankee Battalion.
(c) Easy Company.
(d) Eagle Company.
2. At the end of October, 1943, Sobel assigned Winters to what inspection duty?
3. Who in the narrative stands out as the protagonist?
(a) Herbert Sobel.
(b) Henry Jones.
(c) Dick Winters.
(d) JB Stokes.
4. In what state did training take place in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"?
(c) South Carolina.
5. When did the Easy Company complete basic training?
(a) January, 1943.
(b) October, 1942.
(c) March, 1943.
(d) November, 1942.
6. What did Easy Company encounter and eradicate in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
(a) Enemy maps.
(b) Enemy planes.
(c) An enemy machine gun.
(d) An enemy tank.
7. One of the incompetent officers who attempted to take command of Easy Company was suspected of doing what so he could be evacuated in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
(a) Shooting his hand.
(b) Cutting off his toe.
(c) Stabbing his eye.
(d) Slapping a fellow officer.
8. What was the rally point to which Winters' men headed in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
(d) Ste. Marie-du-Mont.
9. In Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944," the troops landed amidst confusion and were scattered over an area how large?
(a) 20 kilometers.
(b) 275 acres.
(c) 24 city blocks.
(d) 1 square mile.
10. Who took over as Commanding Officer of Easy Company after their current commander was shot in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
(a) First Lieutenant Norman S. Dike, Jr.
(b) First Lieutenant Robert B. Brewer.
(c) First Lieutenant Raymond G. Schmitz.
(d) First Lieutenant Roy Paul Gates.
11. Easy Company relieved troops near what area that was being held by an entire division in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
12. What was the name of the base where the 506th Regiment trained in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"?
(a) Camp Tigerton.
(b) Camp Tappioca.
(c) Camp Turtleback.
(d) Camp Toccoa.
13. Who led the final assault on the third and final German gun in the battery in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
(a) Lieutenant Ronald Speirs.
(b) First Lieutenant Henry Jones.
(c) Captain Salve H. Matheson.
(d) Brigadier General Anthony Clement McAuliffe.
14. Who transferred Winters out of Easy Company as the battalion mess officer in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
(a) Colonel Robert Frederick Sink.
(b) Major Oliver M. Horton.
(c) Brigadier General Anthony Clement McAuliffe.
(d) Major Strayer.
15. When did the 101st Airborne division conduct practice jumps in preparation for D-Day?
(a) March, 1944.
(b) April, 1944.
(c) May, 1944.
(d) August, 1945.
Short Answer Questions
1. Growing dissatisfaction with Sobel's lack of tactical skill made some officers consider approaching who about the problem in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
2. In Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944," commanding officers ordered the battalion to eliminate the German troops that located where?
3. After how much time in parachute training did the Easy Company make their first jump?
4. What marked the date that the 506th parachute infantry regiment officially joined the 101st Airborne Division?
5. The objective of Market-Garden was to take control of what?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)