|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ran down the road and six men followed, but the remainder stayed in the ditch during the attack on Carentan?
(a) Lieutenant Sterling W. Horner.
(b) Lieutenant Welsh.
(c) Lieutenant JB Stokes.
(d) Lieutenant Thomas A. Peacock.
2. What refers to the material fired, scattered, dropped, or detonated from any weapon, as bombs or rockets, and especially shot, shrapnel, bullets, or shells fired by guns?
3. When Winters was promoted in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944" it had been how long since his previous promotion?
(a) 10 weeks.
(b) 26 months.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 3 months.
4. How many Germans comprised the companies which were pushed back in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
5. Where did Easy Company continue to lead the march in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
6. What ultimatum did the company officers give Major Strayer in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Alrbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
(a) They would quit if Hester wasn't replaced.
(b) They would quit if Winters wasn't replaced.
(c) They would quit if Horton wasn't replaced.
(d) They would quit if Sobel wasn't replaced.
7. Where did the ship with Easy Company arrive in September, 1943?
(a) Bristol, England.
(b) Blackpool, England.
(c) Newcastle, England.
(d) Liverpool, England.
8. What refers to a court consisting of military or naval personnel appointed by a commander to try charges of offenses by soldiers or sailors against military or naval law?
(a) Court martial.
(b) Military court.
(c) Presidential court.
(d) Kangaroo court.
9. Who eventually took control of Easy Company after Winters' promotion in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
(a) First Lieutenant Sterling W. Horner.
(b) First Lieutenant Robert Rousch.
(c) First Lieutenant Fred Heyliger.
(d) Second Lieutenant Henry Jones.
10. What were the troops given for the first time when they flew out for D-Day in Chapter Four, "Look Out Hitler! Here We Come!: Slapton Sands, Upottery: April 1-June 5, 1944"?
(b) Live ammunitiom.
(d) Airsickness pills.
11. Where did the German troops change their target to when they had Easy Company surrounded in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
12. In the battle at Carentan, supporting troops from Fox Company and what company fell back from the front lines?
(a) Turtle Company.
(b) Cat Company.
(c) Dog Company.
(d) Walrus Company.
13. Where did Easy Company's regiment move in March, 1943?
(a) Camp Mackall.
(b) Camp Lucas.
(c) Camp Tenaya.
(d) Camp Pendleton.
14. What was the name of the base where the 506th Regiment trained in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"?
(a) Camp Turtleback.
(b) Camp Tappioca.
(c) Camp Tigerton.
(d) Camp Toccoa.
15. In Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944," after securing Ste. Marie-du-Mont, the military ordered Easy Company to lead the battalion through where?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Easy Company encounter and eradicate in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
2. Who led the frontal assault while the machine gunners provided support on the German machine guns in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
3. Who was the 2nd Lieutenant of the Easy Company in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"?
4. Who verbally reprimanded the company for considering mutiny in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
5. Where did the Easy Company undergo parachute training?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)