|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the company officers consult with about their ultimatum in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944" who suggested they step down?
(a) Maxwell Davenport Taylor.
(b) Salve H. Matheson.
(c) Henry Jones.
(d) Dick Winters.
2. What plane did the men of Easy Company first jump from in parachute training?
3. What refers to a small pit, usually for one or two soldiers, dug as a shelter in a battle area?
(b) Rat nest.
(c) Bear den.
(d) Wolf den.
4. The objective of Market-Garden was to take control of what?
(a) Airports and bus stations.
(b) Peaks and valleys.
(c) Runways and towers.
(d) Roads and bridges.
5. Growing dissatisfaction with Sobel's lack of tactical skill made some officers consider approaching who about the problem in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
(a) Major Oliver M. Horton.
(b) Colonel Sink.
(c) Lieutenant Colonel Robert L. Strayer.
(d) Major Clarence Hester.
6. In the battle at Carentan, supporting troops from Fox Company and what company fell back from the front lines?
(a) Walrus Company.
(b) Dog Company.
(c) Turtle Company.
(d) Cat Company.
7. How many divisions were set to do a daytime drop in the risky operation Easy Company was assigned to in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
8. Who led the final assault on the third and final German gun in the battery in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
(a) Lieutenant Ronald Speirs.
(b) Brigadier General Anthony Clement McAuliffe.
(c) Captain Salve H. Matheson.
(d) First Lieutenant Henry Jones.
9. What did Easy Company encounter and eradicate in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
(a) An enemy machine gun.
(b) An enemy tank.
(c) Enemy maps.
(d) Enemy planes.
10. Who took over as Commanding Officer of Easy Company after their current commander was shot in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
(a) First Lieutenant Robert B. Brewer.
(b) First Lieutenant Raymond G. Schmitz.
(c) First Lieutenant Norman S. Dike, Jr.
(d) First Lieutenant Roy Paul Gates.
11. In Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944," American troops marched south, to a village called what?
12. Easy Company was involved with a mission to take what beach on D-Day?
(a) California Beach.
(b) Utah Beach.
(c) Idaho Beach.
(d) Oregon Beach.
13. What were the men treated to before shipping out on July 4, 1944?
(c) Letters from home.
(d) An exceptional meal.
14. Where did Easy Company board a train for in May, 1943?
(a) Springfield, Illinois.
(b) Sturgis, Kentucky.
(c) Athens, Georgia.
(d) Springfield, Missouri.
15. Where did German tanks and patrol units surround Easy Company in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Winters have for the first time after the invasion on D-Day?
2. In Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944," Easy Company moved to reserve status and was tasked with what?
3. After how long at the battle at Carentan were the men of Easy Company relieved from the front lines?
4. In Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944," the troops landed amidst confusion and were scattered over an area how large?
5. What was Winters promoted to at the end of Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944"?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)