|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who verbally reprimanded the company for considering mutiny in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
(a) Colonel Sink.
(b) Major General Taylor.
(c) Major Horton.
(d) Lieutenant Colonel Strayer.
2. What is the elevation of Mount Currahee?
(a) 1,000 feet.
(b) 1,350 feet.
(c) 2,600 feet.
(d) 8,000 feet.
3. Winters' group joined forces with how many men after their landing in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
4. Where did the ship with Easy Company arrive in September, 1943?
(a) Newcastle, England.
(b) Liverpool, England.
(c) Blackpool, England.
(d) Bristol, England.
5. What was the name of the base where the 506th Regiment trained in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"?
(a) Camp Toccoa.
(b) Camp Tigerton.
(c) Camp Tappioca.
(d) Camp Turtleback.
6. The men who completed five successful jumps in parachute training received a certificate and what to denote them certified parachutists?
(a) Bronze wings.
(b) Gold stars.
(c) Ruby watches.
(d) Silver wings.
7. In Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944," commanding officers ordered the battalion to eliminate the German troops that located where?
(a) North of Veghel.
(b) Northeast of Veghel.
(c) Southwest of Veghel.
(d) South of Veghel.
8. Where did the German troops change their target to when they had Easy Company surrounded in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
9. Who returned to Easy Company hoping for more action and sought revenge for Americans killed by German troops in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
(a) Private Sergio G. Moya.
(b) Private Terrence C. Harris.
(c) Private David Kenyon Webster.
(d) Private Paul E. Lamoureux.
10. Who took over as Commanding Officer of Easy Company after their current commander was shot in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
(a) First Lieutenant Raymond G. Schmitz.
(b) First Lieutenant Robert B. Brewer.
(c) First Lieutenant Roy Paul Gates.
(d) First Lieutenant Norman S. Dike, Jr.
11. Who eventually took control of Easy Company after Winters' promotion in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
(a) First Lieutenant Fred Heyliger.
(b) First Lieutenant Robert Rousch.
(c) Second Lieutenant Henry Jones.
(d) First Lieutenant Sterling W. Horner.
12. One of the incompetent officers who attempted to take command of Easy Company was suspected of doing what so he could be evacuated in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
(a) Slapping a fellow officer.
(b) Stabbing his eye.
(c) Cutting off his toe.
(d) Shooting his hand.
13. What was Winters promoted to at the end of Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944"?
14. What were the troops given for the first time when they flew out for D-Day in Chapter Four, "Look Out Hitler! Here We Come!: Slapton Sands, Upottery: April 1-June 5, 1944"?
(b) Airsickness pills.
(c) Live ammunitiom.
15. The objective of Market-Garden was to take control of what?
(a) Roads and bridges.
(b) Runways and towers.
(c) Airports and bus stations.
(d) Peaks and valleys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Winters lose when he landed in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
2. What did the American troops refer to the major road which the Germans were intent to cut off near Neunen in the Market-Garden operation?
3. Who led the frontal assault while the machine gunners provided support on the German machine guns in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
4. In Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944," American troops marched south, to a village called what?
5. What was Winters promoted to in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)