|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Easy Company was assigned to a risky and vital operation where in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
2. Captain Sobel was transferred to head a new what in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
(a) Parachute school.
(b) Diving school.
(c) Grammar school.
(d) Marksmanship school.
3. How many British tanks supported Easy Company on their advance through Veghel in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
4. Easy Company was involved with a mission to take what beach on D-Day?
(a) Utah Beach.
(b) California Beach.
(c) Idaho Beach.
(d) Oregon Beach.
5. The men who completed five successful jumps in parachute training received a certificate and what to denote them certified parachutists?
(a) Silver wings.
(b) Ruby watches.
(c) Gold stars.
(d) Bronze wings.
6. What did Winters later receive for his actions on D-Day?
(a) The Silver Star.
(b) The Purple Heart.
(c) The Bronze Triangle.
(d) A glazed ham.
7. What did Winters have for the first time after the invasion on D-Day?
(a) A drink.
(b) A coca cola.
(c) A cigar.
(d) A cigarette.
8. In Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944," Easy Company moved to reserve status and was tasked with what?
(a) Rebuilding a church.
(b) Invading Normandy.
(c) Defending regimental headquarters.
(d) Protecting the Queen.
9. How many Germans comprised the companies which were pushed back in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
10. Who led the frontal assault while the machine gunners provided support on the German machine guns in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
(a) Dick Winters.
(b) Oliver M. Horton.
(c) Robert L. Strayer
(d) Clarence Hester.
11. In Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942" the author writes that never before had troops endured basic training at the same time as what training?
12. Where did Easy Company continue to lead the march in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
13. In the battle at Carentan, supporting troops from Fox Company and what company fell back from the front lines?
(a) Cat Company.
(b) Walrus Company.
(c) Turtle Company.
(d) Dog Company.
14. When did the Easy Company complete basic training?
(a) March, 1943.
(b) November, 1942.
(c) October, 1942.
(d) January, 1943.
15. How many troops were killed, captured or wounded during Operation Market-Garden?
Short Answer Questions
1. The incident of a German attack by torpedoes on the training regiments in England in Chapter Four, "Look Out Hitler! Here We Come!: Slapton Sands, Upottery: April 1-June 5, 1944" was covered up by the military for how many years?
2. After how long at the battle at Carentan were the men of Easy Company relieved from the front lines?
3. After securing Carentan and a brief respite and tending to the wounded, the men prepared for what in Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944"?
4. Who did the company officers consult with about their ultimatum in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944" who suggested they step down?
5. When Winters was promoted in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944" it had been how long since his previous promotion?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)