|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lieutenant Winters and ten other men receive at the end of Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944"?
(a) The Silver Star.
(b) The Gold Star.
(c) The Distinguished Service Cross citation.
(d) The Medal of Honor.
2. Who verbally reprimanded the company for considering mutiny in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
(a) Major Horton.
(b) Major General Taylor.
(c) Colonel Sink.
(d) Lieutenant Colonel Strayer.
3. Why were all of the parachute drops across Europe canceled in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
(a) German holiday.
(b) Ground armies had advanced.
(c) Bad weather.
(d) American holiday.
4. The incident of a German attack by torpedoes on the training regiments in England in Chapter Four, "Look Out Hitler! Here We Come!: Slapton Sands, Upottery: April 1-June 5, 1944" was covered up by the military for how many years?
5. What were the men of Easy Company initially greeted with in London in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
(a) Free beer and meals.
6. Where did the ship with Easy Company arrive in September, 1943?
(a) Liverpool, England.
(b) Newcastle, England.
(c) Blackpool, England.
(d) Bristol, England.
7. Where did the German troops change their target to when they had Easy Company surrounded in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
8. What did the American troops refer to the major road which the Germans were intent to cut off near Neunen in the Market-Garden operation?
(a) Pacific Coast Highway.
(b) The Great Highway.
(c) Hell's Highway.
(d) The Highway of Lost Souls.
9. Where did Easy Company's regiment move in March, 1943?
(a) Camp Lucas.
(b) Camp Tenaya.
(c) Camp Pendleton.
(d) Camp Mackall.
10. What village were Easy Company ordered to defend in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
11. In Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944," the troops landed amidst confusion and were scattered over an area how large?
(a) 24 city blocks.
(b) 275 acres.
(c) 1 square mile.
(d) 20 kilometers.
12. The plane carrying who was hit with bullets and exploded during its landing attempt in Chapter Four, "Look Out Hitler! Here We Come!: Slapton Sands, Upottery: April 1-June 5, 1944"?
(a) First Lieutenant Frederick Theodore Heyliger.
(b) C.O. Thomas Meehan.
(c) Captain Herbert M. Sobel.
(d) Captain Ronald C. Speirs.
13. At the end of October, 1943, Sobel assigned Winters to what inspection duty?
14. Winters' group joined forces with how many men after their landing in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
15. In Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944," Easy Company had a brief reprieve from fighting with a full night of rest before being sent to defend Carentan from what direction?
(a) The west.
(b) The south.
(c) The north.
(d) The east.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Winters have for the first time after the invasion on D-Day?
2. The men of Easy Company traveled to where, which was eighty miles west of London, in September, 1943?
3. In Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942" the author writes that never before had troops endured basic training at the same time as what training?
4. What refers to warfare with asphyxiating, poisonous, or corrosive gases, oil and flames?
5. What did Easy Company encounter and eradicate in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)