|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many troops were killed, captured or wounded during Operation Market-Garden?
2. How many divisions were set to do a daytime drop in the risky operation Easy Company was assigned to in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
3. Where did German tanks and patrol units surround Easy Company in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
4. The plane carrying who was hit with bullets and exploded during its landing attempt in Chapter Four, "Look Out Hitler! Here We Come!: Slapton Sands, Upottery: April 1-June 5, 1944"?
(a) Captain Ronald C. Speirs.
(b) First Lieutenant Frederick Theodore Heyliger.
(c) C.O. Thomas Meehan.
(d) Captain Herbert M. Sobel.
5. Who did Winters quickly find after landing in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
(a) Sergeant Lipton.
(b) First Lieutenant Pisancin.
(c) Sergeant Strohl.
(d) Corporal Dukeman
6. Where did Easy Company's regiment move in March, 1943?
(a) Camp Pendleton.
(b) Camp Mackall.
(c) Camp Tenaya.
(d) Camp Lucas.
7. In what state did training take place in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"?
(b) South Carolina.
8. After how much time in parachute training did the Easy Company make their first jump?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 100 hours.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 6 days.
9. What did Winters have for the first time after the invasion on D-Day?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A cigar.
(c) A drink.
(d) A coca cola.
10. Why were all of the parachute drops across Europe canceled in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
(a) Ground armies had advanced.
(b) German holiday.
(c) American holiday.
(d) Bad weather.
11. When did the Easy Company complete basic training?
(a) November, 1942.
(b) January, 1943.
(c) October, 1942.
(d) March, 1943.
12. In Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944," Easy Company moved to reserve status and was tasked with what?
(a) Rebuilding a church.
(b) Invading Normandy.
(c) Defending regimental headquarters.
(d) Protecting the Queen.
13. What ultimatum did the company officers give Major Strayer in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Alrbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
(a) They would quit if Hester wasn't replaced.
(b) They would quit if Winters wasn't replaced.
(c) They would quit if Sobel wasn't replaced.
(d) They would quit if Horton wasn't replaced.
14. What was the name of the 2nd Battalion of the 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment of the 4th Brigade combat team of the 101st Airborne Division?
(a) Easy Company.
(b) Yankee Battalion.
(c) Jaguar Company.
(d) Eagle Company.
15. Who became the victim of several training exercise pranks that made him appear incompetent in Chapter Two, "Stand Up and Hook Up: Benning, Mackall, Bragg, Shanks: December 1942-September 1943"?
(a) Captain Lewis Nixon.
(b) Lieutenant Colonel Robert L. Strayer.
(c) Major Oliver M. Horton.
(d) Captain Herbert Sobel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was promoted to 1st lieutenant in the first few weeks of basic training in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"?
2. The men who completed five successful jumps in parachute training received a certificate and what to denote them certified parachutists?
3. What village were Easy Company ordered to defend in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
4. In Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944," commanding officers ordered the battalion to eliminate the German troops that located where?
5. The platoon of how many men pushed back two companies of Germans in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)