|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The incident of a German attack by torpedoes on the training regiments in England in Chapter Four, "Look Out Hitler! Here We Come!: Slapton Sands, Upottery: April 1-June 5, 1944" was covered up by the military for how many years?
2. How many British tanks supported Easy Company on their advance through Veghel in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
3. What is the elevation of Mount Currahee?
(a) 1,000 feet.
(b) 8,000 feet.
(c) 2,600 feet.
(d) 1,350 feet.
4. Who was promoted to 1st lieutenant in the first few weeks of basic training in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"?
(a) George Lavenson.
(b) Sterling W. Horner.
(c) JB Stokes.
(d) Dick Winters.
5. Where did the German troops change their target to when they had Easy Company surrounded in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
6. In Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944," Easy Company moved to reserve status and was tasked with what?
(a) Rebuilding a church.
(b) Defending regimental headquarters.
(c) Protecting the Queen.
(d) Invading Normandy.
7. What was the name of the risky and vital operation Easy Company was assigned to in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
8. Where did the Easy Company undergo parachute training?
(a) Fort Brendan.
(b) Fort Banding.
(c) Fort Benning.
(d) Fort Betsy.
9. The plane carrying who was hit with bullets and exploded during its landing attempt in Chapter Four, "Look Out Hitler! Here We Come!: Slapton Sands, Upottery: April 1-June 5, 1944"?
(a) Captain Herbert M. Sobel.
(b) C.O. Thomas Meehan.
(c) Captain Ronald C. Speirs.
(d) First Lieutenant Frederick Theodore Heyliger.
10. What was the rally point to which Winters' men headed in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
(d) Ste. Marie-du-Mont.
11. The men of Easy Company traveled to where, which was eighty miles west of London, in September, 1943?
12. Who replaced Sobel as C.O. of Easy Company in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
(a) First Lieutenant Frederick Theodore Heyliger.
(b) Lieutenant Thomas Meehan.
(c) First Lieutenant Robert B. Brewer.
(d) First Lieutenant Norman Staunton Dike, Jr.
13. What introduction from the British was meant to separate from the leg and fall where the paratrooper would land?
(a) Leg bags.
(b) Waist belts.
(c) Crotch huggers.
(d) Calf bands.
14. What term means to surrender unconditionally or on stipulated terms?
(c) Wave the flag.
15. What was the name of the 2nd Battalion of the 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment of the 4th Brigade combat team of the 101st Airborne Division?
(a) Jaguar Company.
(b) Eagle Company.
(c) Yankee Battalion.
(d) Easy Company.
Short Answer Questions
1. Easy Company relieved troops near what area that was being held by an entire division in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
2. How many troops were killed, captured or wounded during Operation Market-Garden?
3. Where did the men of Easy Company return after being released from Carentan?
4. In Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944," after securing Ste. Marie-du-Mont, the military ordered Easy Company to lead the battalion through where?
5. The men of Easy Company were rewarded after D-Day in England with new gear, pay and what?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)