Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The incident of a German attack by torpedoes on the training regiments in England in Chapter Four, "Look Out Hitler! Here We Come!: Slapton Sands, Upottery: April 1-June 5, 1944" was covered up by the military for how many years?
2. What plane did the men of Easy Company first jump from in parachute training?
3. Easy Company was involved with a mission to take what beach on D-Day?
(a) California Beach.
(b) Oregon Beach.
(c) Idaho Beach.
(d) Utah Beach.
4. Where did Easy Company's regiment move in March, 1943?
(a) Camp Tenaya.
(b) Camp Mackall.
(c) Camp Lucas.
(d) Camp Pendleton.
5. German tanks eradicated Easy Company's supporting what in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
(a) American planes.
(b) Canadian horses.
(c) British tanks.
(d) American tanks.
6. The men of Easy Company traveled to where, which was eighty miles west of London, in September, 1943?
7. The men of Easy Company were rewarded after D-Day in England with new gear, pay and what?
(a) Movie tickets.
(b) Beer kegs.
(d) One-week passes.
8. The men who completed five successful jumps in parachute training received a certificate and what to denote them certified parachutists?
(a) Bronze wings.
(b) Ruby watches.
(c) Gold stars.
(d) Silver wings.
9. Who eventually took control of Easy Company after Winters' promotion in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
(a) First Lieutenant Robert Rousch.
(b) First Lieutenant Fred Heyliger.
(c) Second Lieutenant Henry Jones.
(d) First Lieutenant Sterling W. Horner.
10. Where did German tanks and patrol units surround Easy Company in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
11. In the battle at Carentan, supporting troops from Fox Company and what company fell back from the front lines?
(a) Turtle Company.
(b) Dog Company.
(c) Cat Company.
(d) Walrus Company.
12. The operation of eliminating the German battery contributed to the success of the beach invasion, as the location looked directly down upon what in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
(a) Arizona Beach.
(b) Alaska Beach.
(c) Utah Beach.
(d) Montana Beach.
13. Captain Sobel was transferred to head a new what in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
(a) Grammar school.
(b) Diving school.
(c) Parachute school.
(d) Marksmanship school.
14. What marked the date that the 506th parachute infantry regiment officially joined the 101st Airborne Division?
(a) June 10, 1943.
(b) April 22, 1942.
(c) December 14, 1941.
(d) January 3, 1944.
15. Winters' group joined forces with how many men after their landing in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who replaced Sobel as C.O. of Easy Company in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
2. When did Easy Company's regiment move to the Alabama side of the Fort in Chapter Two, "Stand Up and Hook Up: Benning, Mackall, Bragg, Shanks: December 1942-September 1943"?
3. In Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944," after securing Ste. Marie-du-Mont, the military ordered Easy Company to lead the battalion through where?
4. Where did the Easy Company undergo parachute training?
5. Where did the ship with Easy Company arrive in September, 1943?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)