|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What portion of parachute training were the men of the Easy Company excused from?
(a) Parachute packing.
(b) Physical training.
(c) Psychological training.
(d) Sleep deprivation.
2. Growing dissatisfaction with Sobel's lack of tactical skill made some officers consider approaching who about the problem in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
(a) Colonel Sink.
(b) Major Oliver M. Horton.
(c) Major Clarence Hester.
(d) Lieutenant Colonel Robert L. Strayer.
3. When did the 101st Airborne division conduct practice jumps in preparation for D-Day?
(a) August, 1945.
(b) March, 1944.
(c) April, 1944.
(d) May, 1944.
4. How many divisions were set to do a daytime drop in the risky operation Easy Company was assigned to in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
5. Who spied the vast number of ships and boats in the invading fleet and became awestruck in Chapter Four, "Look Out Hitler! Here We Come!: Slapton Sands, Upottery: April 1-June 5, 1944"?
(a) Gordon Carson.
(b) Leo D. Boyle.
(c) William F. Kiehn.
(d) Clancy Odel Lyall.
6. Who transferred Winters out of Easy Company as the battalion mess officer in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
(a) Major Strayer.
(b) Major Oliver M. Horton.
(c) Colonel Robert Frederick Sink.
(d) Brigadier General Anthony Clement McAuliffe.
7. After some time in London in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944," men such as Gordon and who returned to Easy Company?
(a) Sergeant Talbert.
(b) Corporal McClung.
(c) Lieutenant Brewer.
(d) Lieutenant Peacock.
8. Who led the final assault on the third and final German gun in the battery in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
(a) First Lieutenant Henry Jones.
(b) Brigadier General Anthony Clement McAuliffe.
(c) Captain Salve H. Matheson.
(d) Lieutenant Ronald Speirs.
9. Why were all of the parachute drops across Europe canceled in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
(a) German holiday.
(b) American holiday.
(c) Ground armies had advanced.
(d) Bad weather.
10. After how long at the battle at Carentan were the men of Easy Company relieved from the front lines?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 3 weeks.
11. The Germans relied more on its counterattack rather than its what, as advised to the troops in Chapter Four, "Look Out Hitler! Here We Come!: Slapton Sands, Upottery: April 1-June 5, 1944"?
(a) Coastal defenses.
(b) Air offenses.
(c) Air defenses.
(d) Ground defences.
12. How many German troops did Winters' group encounter sitting to rest in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
(b) Less than 50.
(c) Over 100.
13. Where did Easy Company's regiment move in March, 1943?
(a) Camp Tenaya.
(b) Camp Pendleton.
(c) Camp Mackall.
(d) Camp Lucas.
14. In Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944," commanding officers ordered the battalion to eliminate the German troops that located where?
(a) Northeast of Veghel.
(b) North of Veghel.
(c) South of Veghel.
(d) Southwest of Veghel.
15. What marked the date that the 506th parachute infantry regiment officially joined the 101st Airborne Division?
(a) January 3, 1944.
(b) April 22, 1942.
(c) June 10, 1943.
(d) December 14, 1941.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plane did the men of Easy Company first jump from in parachute training?
2. What percentage of Easy Company's regiment completed the first jump in parachute training?
3. What refers to the material fired, scattered, dropped, or detonated from any weapon, as bombs or rockets, and especially shot, shrapnel, bullets, or shells fired by guns?
4. What refers to warfare with asphyxiating, poisonous, or corrosive gases, oil and flames?
5. What were the men served a large meal of before being ordered to run up Mount Currahee in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)