|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who verbally reprimanded the company for considering mutiny in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
(a) Lieutenant Colonel Strayer.
(b) Colonel Sink.
(c) Major General Taylor.
(d) Major Horton.
2. After some time in London in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944," men such as Gordon and who returned to Easy Company?
(a) Lieutenant Brewer.
(b) Sergeant Talbert.
(c) Lieutenant Peacock.
(d) Corporal McClung.
3. What did Winters have for the first time after the invasion on D-Day?
(a) A drink.
(b) A cigar.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A coca cola.
4. What were the men treated to before shipping out on July 4, 1944?
(c) An exceptional meal.
(d) Letters from home.
5. What was the name of the 2nd Battalion of the 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment of the 4th Brigade combat team of the 101st Airborne Division?
(a) Jaguar Company.
(b) Yankee Battalion.
(c) Eagle Company.
(d) Easy Company.
6. What percentage of Easy Company's regiment completed the first jump in parachute training?
7. What were the troops given for the first time when they flew out for D-Day in Chapter Four, "Look Out Hitler! Here We Come!: Slapton Sands, Upottery: April 1-June 5, 1944"?
(a) Airsickness pills.
(d) Live ammunitiom.
8. What was the rally point for American forces coming from both Utah Beach and Omaha Beach in the D-Day invasion?
9. The platoon of how many men pushed back two companies of Germans in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
10. Where did Easy Company board a train for in May, 1943?
(a) Springfield, Illinois.
(b) Springfield, Missouri.
(c) Sturgis, Kentucky.
(d) Athens, Georgia.
11. When did the 101st Airborne division conduct practice jumps in preparation for D-Day?
(a) April, 1944.
(b) May, 1944.
(c) August, 1945.
(d) March, 1944.
12. After how much time in parachute training did the Easy Company make their first jump?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 100 hours.
(c) 6 days.
(d) 3 weeks.
13. In Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944," Easy Company moved to reserve status and was tasked with what?
(a) Defending regimental headquarters.
(b) Protecting the Queen.
(c) Rebuilding a church.
(d) Invading Normandy.
14. The men who completed five successful jumps in parachute training received a certificate and what to denote them certified parachutists?
(a) Silver wings.
(b) Bronze wings.
(c) Ruby watches.
(d) Gold stars.
15. What village were Easy Company ordered to defend in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the American troops refer to the major road which the Germans were intent to cut off near Neunen in the Market-Garden operation?
2. Growing dissatisfaction with Sobel's lack of tactical skill made some officers consider approaching who about the problem in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
3. Where did the ship with Easy Company arrive in September, 1943?
4. One of the incompetent officers who attempted to take command of Easy Company was suspected of doing what so he could be evacuated in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
5. The men of Easy Company traveled to where, which was eighty miles west of London, in September, 1943?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)