|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the rally point for American forces coming from both Utah Beach and Omaha Beach in the D-Day invasion?
2. At the end of October, 1943, Sobel assigned Winters to what inspection duty?
3. How many troops were killed, captured or wounded during Operation Market-Garden?
4. What did Winters lose when he landed in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
(a) His gun.
(b) His backpack.
(c) His shoe.
(d) His leg bag.
5. Who did Winters quickly find after landing in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
(a) Corporal Dukeman
(b) First Lieutenant Pisancin.
(c) Sergeant Strohl.
(d) Sergeant Lipton.
6. In Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944," after securing Ste. Marie-du-Mont, the military ordered Easy Company to lead the battalion through where?
7. What was the name of the 2nd Battalion of the 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment of the 4th Brigade combat team of the 101st Airborne Division?
(a) Easy Company.
(b) Yankee Battalion.
(c) Eagle Company.
(d) Jaguar Company.
8. The men who completed five successful jumps in parachute training received a certificate and what to denote them certified parachutists?
(a) Gold stars.
(b) Ruby watches.
(c) Silver wings.
(d) Bronze wings.
9. The operation of eliminating the German battery contributed to the success of the beach invasion, as the location looked directly down upon what in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
(a) Arizona Beach.
(b) Utah Beach.
(c) Alaska Beach.
(d) Montana Beach.
10. When Winters was promoted in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944" it had been how long since his previous promotion?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 26 months.
(c) 10 weeks.
(d) 3 months.
11. What soldier was sent home when the military realized that all three of his brothers were killed in action in Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944"?
(a) Fritz Niland.
(b) Robert Burr Smith.
(c) Earl Ervin McClung.
(d) Walter L. Hendrix.
12. What portion of parachute training were the men of the Easy Company excused from?
(a) Psychological training.
(b) Sleep deprivation.
(c) Parachute packing.
(d) Physical training.
13. In what state was the camp located where the Easy Company moved in March, 1943?
(b) North Carolina.
(c) New Jersey.
(d) West Virginia.
14. In Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944," the troops landed amidst confusion and were scattered over an area how large?
(a) 1 square mile.
(b) 24 city blocks.
(c) 20 kilometers.
(d) 275 acres.
15. Who was promoted to 1st lieutenant in the first few weeks of basic training in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"?
(a) Sterling W. Horner.
(b) George Lavenson.
(c) Dick Winters.
(d) JB Stokes.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Easy Company entrenched itself, in what style, on an area nicknamed the Island in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
2. What ultimatum did the company officers give Major Strayer in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Alrbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
3. Where did German tanks and patrol units surround Easy Company in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
4. What did the American troops refer to the major road which the Germans were intent to cut off near Neunen in the Market-Garden operation?
5. After how much time in parachute training did the Easy Company make their first jump?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)