|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the planes' V-formation to break off during the flight in on D-Day?
(a) Flocks of birds.
(b) Cloud banks.
(d) Hail storms.
2. Who transferred Winters out of Easy Company as the battalion mess officer in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
(a) Major Strayer.
(b) Colonel Robert Frederick Sink.
(c) Major Oliver M. Horton.
(d) Brigadier General Anthony Clement McAuliffe.
3. What village were Easy Company ordered to defend in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
4. After some time in London in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944," men such as Gordon and who returned to Easy Company?
(a) Lieutenant Brewer.
(b) Sergeant Talbert.
(c) Corporal McClung.
(d) Lieutenant Peacock.
5. What refers to warfare with asphyxiating, poisonous, or corrosive gases, oil and flames?
(a) Chemical warfare.
(b) Political warfare.
(c) Psychological warfare.
(d) Serious warfare.
6. The men of Easy Company were rewarded after D-Day in England with new gear, pay and what?
(a) Beer kegs.
(c) One-week passes.
(d) Movie tickets.
7. The incident of a German attack by torpedoes on the training regiments in England in Chapter Four, "Look Out Hitler! Here We Come!: Slapton Sands, Upottery: April 1-June 5, 1944" was covered up by the military for how many years?
8. What did Winters later receive for his actions on D-Day?
(a) The Purple Heart.
(b) The Silver Star.
(c) A glazed ham.
(d) The Bronze Triangle.
9. Who led the final assault on the third and final German gun in the battery in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
(a) Brigadier General Anthony Clement McAuliffe.
(b) Captain Salve H. Matheson.
(c) Lieutenant Ronald Speirs.
(d) First Lieutenant Henry Jones.
10. What were the men served a large meal of before being ordered to run up Mount Currahee in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"?
(a) Fish and chips.
(d) Steak and potatoes.
11. What refers to the material fired, scattered, dropped, or detonated from any weapon, as bombs or rockets, and especially shot, shrapnel, bullets, or shells fired by guns?
12. What was Winters promoted to in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
(a) Senior Officer of 1st Regiment.
(b) Senior Officer of 2nd Regiment.
(c) Executive Officer of 3rd Regiment.
(d) Executive Officer of 2nd Battalion.
13. What were the men treated to before shipping out on July 4, 1944?
(a) Letters from home.
(b) An exceptional meal.
14. In Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944," after securing Ste. Marie-du-Mont, the military ordered Easy Company to lead the battalion through where?
15. Who ran down the road and six men followed, but the remainder stayed in the ditch during the attack on Carentan?
(a) Lieutenant Sterling W. Horner.
(b) Lieutenant Thomas A. Peacock.
(c) Lieutenant JB Stokes.
(d) Lieutenant Welsh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Winters quickly find after landing in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
2. In Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944," Easy Company moved to reserve status and was tasked with what?
3. What tanks arrived at Easy Company's location after the successful invasion on D-Day?
4. Where did Easy Company continue to lead the march in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
5. What did Winters have for the first time after the invasion on D-Day?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)