|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the incompetent officers who attempted to take command of Easy Company was suspected of doing what so he could be evacuated in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
(a) Shooting his hand.
(b) Stabbing his eye.
(c) Slapping a fellow officer.
(d) Cutting off his toe.
2. What refers to a small pit, usually for one or two soldiers, dug as a shelter in a battle area?
(a) Wolf den.
(b) Rat nest.
(d) Bear den.
3. What did Winters lose when he landed in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
(a) His gun.
(b) His backpack.
(c) His shoe.
(d) His leg bag.
4. Who ran down the road and six men followed, but the remainder stayed in the ditch during the attack on Carentan?
(a) Lieutenant Sterling W. Horner.
(b) Lieutenant Thomas A. Peacock.
(c) Lieutenant JB Stokes.
(d) Lieutenant Welsh.
5. What was the rally point for American forces coming from both Utah Beach and Omaha Beach in the D-Day invasion?
6. What did Winters later receive for his actions on D-Day?
(a) The Silver Star.
(b) A glazed ham.
(c) The Bronze Triangle.
(d) The Purple Heart.
7. Where did Easy Company continue to lead the march in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
8. In Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944," Easy Company moved to reserve status and was tasked with what?
(a) Invading Normandy.
(b) Rebuilding a church.
(c) Defending regimental headquarters.
(d) Protecting the Queen.
9. The incident of a German attack by torpedoes on the training regiments in England in Chapter Four, "Look Out Hitler! Here We Come!: Slapton Sands, Upottery: April 1-June 5, 1944" was covered up by the military for how many years?
10. The platoon of how many men pushed back two companies of Germans in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
11. Where did the German troops change their target to when they had Easy Company surrounded in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
12. What refers to a court consisting of military or naval personnel appointed by a commander to try charges of offenses by soldiers or sailors against military or naval law?
(a) Military court.
(b) Court martial.
(c) Kangaroo court.
(d) Presidential court.
13. In what state was the camp located where the Easy Company moved in March, 1943?
(b) North Carolina.
(c) New Jersey.
(d) West Virginia.
14. The plane carrying who was hit with bullets and exploded during its landing attempt in Chapter Four, "Look Out Hitler! Here We Come!: Slapton Sands, Upottery: April 1-June 5, 1944"?
(a) First Lieutenant Frederick Theodore Heyliger.
(b) C.O. Thomas Meehan.
(c) Captain Herbert M. Sobel.
(d) Captain Ronald C. Speirs.
15. When Winters was promoted in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944" it had been how long since his previous promotion?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 10 weeks.
(c) 26 months.
(d) 3 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Germans comprised the companies which were pushed back in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
2. What refers to warfare with asphyxiating, poisonous, or corrosive gases, oil and flames?
3. After securing Carentan and a brief respite and tending to the wounded, the men prepared for what in Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944"?
4. After how much time in parachute training did the Easy Company make their first jump?
5. How many British tanks supported Easy Company on their advance through Veghel in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)