|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did German tanks and patrol units surround Easy Company in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
2. How many divisions were set to do a daytime drop in the risky operation Easy Company was assigned to in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
3. Who led the final assault on the third and final German gun in the battery in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
(a) First Lieutenant Henry Jones.
(b) Lieutenant Ronald Speirs.
(c) Captain Salve H. Matheson.
(d) Brigadier General Anthony Clement McAuliffe.
4. How many troops were killed, captured or wounded during Operation Market-Garden?
5. After how long at the battle at Carentan were the men of Easy Company relieved from the front lines?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 5 days.
6. Who returned to Easy Company hoping for more action and sought revenge for Americans killed by German troops in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
(a) Private Paul E. Lamoureux.
(b) Private David Kenyon Webster.
(c) Private Sergio G. Moya.
(d) Private Terrence C. Harris.
7. Where did the ship with Easy Company arrive in September, 1943?
(a) Bristol, England.
(b) Blackpool, England.
(c) Newcastle, England.
(d) Liverpool, England.
8. What marked the date that the 506th parachute infantry regiment officially joined the 101st Airborne Division?
(a) December 14, 1941.
(b) June 10, 1943.
(c) April 22, 1942.
(d) January 3, 1944.
9. What ultimatum did the company officers give Major Strayer in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Alrbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
(a) They would quit if Sobel wasn't replaced.
(b) They would quit if Hester wasn't replaced.
(c) They would quit if Winters wasn't replaced.
(d) They would quit if Horton wasn't replaced.
10. The men who completed five successful jumps in parachute training received a certificate and what to denote them certified parachutists?
(a) Ruby watches.
(b) Silver wings.
(c) Bronze wings.
(d) Gold stars.
11. In Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944," American troops marched south, to a village called what?
12. What was the rally point to which Winters' men headed in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
(c) Ste. Marie-du-Mont.
13. What was Winters promoted to at the end of Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944"?
14. What did Winters have for the first time after the invasion on D-Day?
(a) A drink.
(b) A coca cola.
(c) A cigar.
(d) A cigarette.
15. What was the name of the Army-planned a practice operation on a stretch of English coastline in preparation for D-Day?
(a) Exercise Tiger.
(b) Operation Lynx.
(c) Operation Osprey.
(d) The Jaguar strike.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the men of Easy Company initially greeted with in London in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
2. The objective of Market-Garden was to take control of what?
3. Who in the narrative stands out as the foil to the protagonist?
4. What was Winters promoted to in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
5. Who in the narrative stands out as the protagonist?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)