|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the American troops refer to the major road which the Germans were intent to cut off near Neunen in the Market-Garden operation?
(a) The Highway of Lost Souls.
(b) Hell's Highway.
(c) Pacific Coast Highway.
(d) The Great Highway.
2. In Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944," after securing Ste. Marie-du-Mont, the military ordered Easy Company to lead the battalion through where?
3. Who led the frontal assault while the machine gunners provided support on the German machine guns in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
(a) Oliver M. Horton.
(b) Dick Winters.
(c) Clarence Hester.
(d) Robert L. Strayer
4. The Germans relied more on its counterattack rather than its what, as advised to the troops in Chapter Four, "Look Out Hitler! Here We Come!: Slapton Sands, Upottery: April 1-June 5, 1944"?
(a) Ground defences.
(b) Air offenses.
(c) Air defenses.
(d) Coastal defenses.
5. Who transferred Winters out of Easy Company as the battalion mess officer in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
(a) Brigadier General Anthony Clement McAuliffe.
(b) Major Strayer.
(c) Major Oliver M. Horton.
(d) Colonel Robert Frederick Sink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the base where the 506th Regiment trained in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"?
2. When did Easy Company's regiment move to the Alabama side of the Fort in Chapter Two, "Stand Up and Hook Up: Benning, Mackall, Bragg, Shanks: December 1942-September 1943"?
3. The platoon of how many men pushed back two companies of Germans in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
4. After how much time in parachute training did the Easy Company make their first jump?
5. In Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944," commanding officers ordered the battalion to eliminate the German troops that located where?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)