|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The platoon of how many men pushed back two companies of Germans in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
2. What did Winters lose when he landed in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
(a) His backpack.
(b) His gun.
(c) His leg bag.
(d) His shoe.
3. What did the Americans secure with the assistance of tanks in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
(a) Brecourt Manor.
(c) Sherwood Estates.
(d) The Royal Palace.
4. When did the Easy Company complete basic training?
(a) March, 1943.
(b) October, 1942.
(c) January, 1943.
(d) November, 1942.
5. What was the rally point for American forces coming from both Utah Beach and Omaha Beach in the D-Day invasion?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944," commanding officers ordered the battalion to eliminate the German troops that located where?
2. What refers to the material fired, scattered, dropped, or detonated from any weapon, as bombs or rockets, and especially shot, shrapnel, bullets, or shells fired by guns?
3. What is the elevation of Mount Currahee?
4. Where did German tanks and patrol units surround Easy Company in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
5. At the end of October, 1943, Sobel assigned Winters to what inspection duty?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)