|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the men served a large meal of before being ordered to run up Mount Currahee in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"?
(b) Steak and potatoes.
(c) Fish and chips.
2. Who in the narrative stands out as the protagonist?
(a) JB Stokes.
(b) Henry Jones.
(c) Dick Winters.
(d) Herbert Sobel.
3. How many British tanks supported Easy Company on their advance through Veghel in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
4. What did Winters have for the first time after the invasion on D-Day?
(a) A cigar.
(b) A drink.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A coca cola.
5. German tanks eradicated Easy Company's supporting what in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
(a) American planes.
(b) Canadian horses.
(c) British tanks.
(d) American tanks.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Easy Company complete basic training?
2. Who was the 2nd Lieutenant of the Easy Company in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"?
3. What was the name of the Army-planned a practice operation on a stretch of English coastline in preparation for D-Day?
4. What were the men of Easy Company initially greeted with in London in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
5. After how much time in parachute training did the Easy Company make their first jump?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)